Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Anyone familiar with the Henry Griffitts T12 blades?

Moecat

347844_t607.JPG

http://www.vcstar.com/news/2012/jun/26/blades-adds-a-modern-twist/

The scoop: Henry-Griffitts has introduced its new T12 Blades. The sole and leading edge of the T12 provide traditional blade workability with a low, centered center of gravity to get the ball airborne very quickly.

According to the company, combined with the unique upside-down V-shaped design, this results in a mixture of workability, an increase in the effective hitting area and a level of "give" rarely seen in a blade.The face has been fly cut to ensure a perfectly flat face, into which Henry-Griffitts has machine-engraved the grooves to provide as much spin as possible while still conforming to USGA Rules. These distinctive features combine to deliver the accuracy Henry-Griffitts feels its customers demand from a performance iron.

"We had many requests from professionals and amateurs to create a new blade, but we wanted to wait until we really had something special," said Randall Henry, president of Henry-Griffitts. "The new T12 model is really special. I couldn't be more excited about it. The T12 screams classic beauty, with a modern twist."

What they cost: Suggestd retail price for the T12s is $165 per iron with a steel shaft and $180 per iron with graphite shafts. For information go to www.henry-griffitts.com.

I don't know much about the T12 however I have hit a ton of blades, this looks like a Mizuno MP-69 (those are more rounded triangle design), From hitting the MP-69 versus the MP-68 which happened to be more traditional in design the MP-69 did go a touch higher and have a touch more forgiveness over the MP-68 not a ton however. The Adams MB2 feature a series of weights along the bottom edge presumably to give the blade a lower CG and a bit more give, the MB2 also had a large offset making it the easiest blade for a middle handicapper to play. I am reminded of the Old TM TP MB irons that had the weight in the center, remove the weight and give a MB the R11 style back plate and you end up with the T12. As a general concept of design I would have to guess that this blade would be slightly higher then a traditional blade and slightly more give then a traditional blade, probably preform very close to the MP-69 but I wouldn't know the feel and actual performance of the club that is just speculation.

Callaway Epic Max 12.0 (-1/N) @ 44.50" w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-7 Stiff

Callaway Epic Speed 18.0* @ 42.75" w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-8 Stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro 23.0* @ 40.00" w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 95 HYB Stiff

Sub-70 639 Combo (5-P) w/ Nippon Modus 3 125 Stiff, Standard Length, Weak Lofts (27-47, 4* gaps)

Callaway MD5 Raw 51-11 S-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Callaway MD5 Raw 55-13 X-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Callaway MD5 Raw 59-11 S-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Callaway MD5 Raw 63-09 C-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Golf Swing & Putting -- Bruce Rearick (Burnt Edges Consulting)

The scoop: Henry-Griffitts has introduced its new T12 Blades. The sole and leading edge of the T12 provide traditional blade workability with a low, centered center of gravity to get the ball airborne very quickly.

I am not familiar with these at all, hell, I never heard of them, but they are good looking, as most blades are. I am responding to this because you bring up one of the most over looked aspects in choosing a club. The sole and leading edge configuration. I played a few holes this week with my Ben Hogan CFT Apex Edge. They have a wider sole and really get the ball up with lots of spin. Too much for me until a put them on the C Tapers. They are now some of the finest irons I have ever hit. Enough so that it is close between them and the Mizunos on which is the better iron.

I was looking at them this morning, since I was brain locked and have yet to come up with a machine to do what has never been done. So I was studying these irons and looking at the sole. The sole of the Hogans are 1/3 wider than the Mizunos. Yet, because of the shape of the leading edge, they actually play like they are as narrow as the Mizzy's. This gives the club a deeper center of gravity and higher launch and more spin.

Ok enough of a thread jack, it was just that I was thinking about that and the first this brings up is leading edge and sole design. This was the reason that I did not like the Titleist AP2's.(Originals) I did not like the turf interaction.

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Archived