Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Bushnell Launch Pro Thread

JAYER38

Did some searching and did not find anything like this so figured why not start a thread that will contain information for the BLP. People can come here with questions about buying, issues they have on there setup, or just to brag about having 1 and show off some numbers...

I recently upgraded from an OE SkyTrak myself and love it thus far.

Inside is a bit more finicky compared to the SkyTrak but  as the BLP will pick up the Tee causing misreads on spin which will end up throwing the entire shot off. From my experience with this it just usually gives a very low spin number(under 500) and the shot ends up short or it is a complete misread. Was wondering if anyone else has had this similar problem?

Also what Apps BLP users are going with? Anyone using FSX Play/FSX Pro/FSX2020 or is everyone basically going with GSPro? I personally use FSX Play but havent tried any of the courses yet just trying to make my setup more consistent for true shots.

NOW!!!! Story time....Tried the BLP at the house just to understand it better because you know new toys for the kid in me haha. After that a friend & I decided on a range session at our local course. I brought the BLP so he could try it and also I wanted to see how it performed outside in real circumstances. We ended actually deciding he needed to change his driver setup as he was getting crazy high launch and spin numbers but besides that. Few guys on the range were talking to us about the BLP and asked if they could hit a few shots... I believe everyone can see where this is going. We ended up having 10 people hitting for the farthest drive with a 10 dollar buy in haha. Got to love the fun this thing brings already! BTW I didn't win the contest haha.

Anyway hope this thread gets some traction and everyone finds it useful. Ill try my best to get some factual information and post every so often with it

DRIVER PING.png G425 MAX w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Orange RAW 55 S 12*

WOOD TAYLORMADE.png.8ad786f4fccdf7215d321a861dfa1c7f.png STEALTH 2 Plus 3w w/ Mitsubishi Kali Red 65 S 15*

HYBRID PING.png G425 2h w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Orange RAW 65 S 17*

HYBRID PING.png G410 4h w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Orange 65 S 22*

IRONS MIZUNO.png.2bd95ff6ee2eb76ff25e7f5057c68c47.png 919 Forged 4i-PW w/ Dynamic Gold 105 S300 

WEDGES PING.png Glide Forged Pro w/ ZZ115 W 50*/58*

PUTTER Cleveland.jpg FRONTLINE 8.0 w/ 35" Slant neck 3*

So figured i would throw this out there in a few things….

The type of Tee you use matters. Needs to be a matte color and the darker the better. I have found that the BLP will pick it up and throw off your driver numbers causing a weird shot shape or just not go as far.

Computer requirements for FSX Play is fairly minimal. I run normal setting to a 42” TV thru an HDMI cable. My graphics card is older(Radeon 5500XT) and yes it does run 99% sometimes of your in the woods or alot is shown on screen but heat is not an issues with proper cooling. 40 Frames Per Second is plenty for most users to enjoy with no glitches.

WOOD TAYLORMADE.png.8ad786f4fccdf7215d321a861dfa1c7f.png STEALTH 2 Plus 3w w/ Mitsubishi Kali Red 65 S 15*

IRONS MIZUNO.png.2bd95ff6ee2eb76ff25e7f5057c68c47.png 919 Forged 4i-PW w/ Dynamic Gold 105 S300 

Good idea. I have had mine a little over a year now. I LOVE IT! Was such a nice upgrade from Mevo+ 

GSPro is my go to. Haven't used FX anything since getting GSPro. 

Driver: :titelist-small: TSR3 * - Tensei AV White 65 X

Fairway Wood: :titelist-small: TS2 16.5* - Tensei AV Blue 65 S

Hybrids: :titelist-small: TS2 19.0* - Tensei AV Blue 70HY S

Irons 5-GW: :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal - Pro Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges:titelist-small: Vokey 54 | 58 |  

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER

Ball: :titelist-small: ProV1x

• 4 weeks later...

Recently found something out with my BLP unit and how it is setup...

I use yellow, orange, red, or pink "highlighter" colored balls that I find on the course in my sim most of the time. Most every shots picks up minus the random misread/no-read

I decided to do some comparisons on spin and smash factor with the ball I play on course and get tons of misreads with any white balls... Wondering if this is because my fridge(white) is basically right in the hitting area behind me and of course the walls are white behind it also...

I have GC3 which is the same as the BLP. I almost always use Gspro, but on rare occasions I've used FSX 2020 to do some club numbers. GSPro doesn't show standard deviation like FSX, which I find helpful in comparing clubs regarding dispersion. I rarely care enough, as GSPro just seems to be much more enjoyable to use regarding the flow of shots and tracking, etc. 

I don't seem to get any misreads from white balls, compared to other color, although I've really only used yellow balls when not using white. 

When I just read your original thread I was going to comment that white tees sometimes mess up the device, so I only use non-white tees. For me, the white tee would sometimes make it hard for the device to lock on the ball. 

I know people have said white shoes (or white socks if not wearing shoes) can cause issues too. I've never heard of problems with white objects in the background but I haven't really looked for that info either. 

GSPro has a very active discord group and Foresight has a discord group as well where you can likely see if other people can help you troubleshoot. They helped me solve an issue of non-reads that was due to my mat shifting during swings. 

Coming from a garmin r10, the GC3 has been a huge upgrade. And I enjoyed the garmin a lot. 

Edited by RickM71
Typo

Rick

Cobra LTDx driver, Mizuno JPX 923 Forged irons (5-Gap), Cleveland wedges (52, 56), Odyssey 2 ball putter