What Shot Tracking System Do You Use?

When I bought new clubs last spring they came with Arrcos pre-installed. So I figured what the heck. So I downloaded the app and got signed up.  But, when I compared the numbers it gave me versus what my Skycaddie was telling me the Arrcos numbers were 10-12 yards different.  For example, Arrcos said my drive went 256 yards so I should of had 148 yards to the center of the green. However,  my Skycaddie said I had 160 to the center.  That kind of difference was pretty consistent.  So after a half dozen rounds I took them off and tossed them in the junk drawer.  

Why would I be a good tester? I've been a beta tester for Microsoft Windows and Office for over 20 years. I've been a beta tester for Fitbit for over 12 years and I've been an America's Test Kitchen recipe tester for over 8 years. I think I have a pretty good idea of the kind of details a company wants to know about their products.  I've never dropped out in the middle of a test or been late with a review.  I just enjoy putting things through their paces. 

I have usually been pretty good at yardage, but as I start to improve and dial in, I have tried arrcos in my PING irons, then switched to TM and use a Blue Tees Range finder. I have seen a big improvement using the range finder, but sometimes due to fog, or thinking you scoped the flag but got the trees behind messes up a good hole. Lol

Darcy Bentley

Co-Founder

The Fringe (Play within)

http://Playwithinthefringe.com

I started years ago using Game Golf. I got good info from the system and only quit using it when the belt sensor eventually broke and I had no way to attach it or carry it where I could use it. Now fast forward to today, I was fitted into Ping G430 irons back on January 2 this year and it came with the Arccos system which I am currently using now. It's definitely helping me learn the distances on my new clubs as well as showing me where I need the most practice and where I'm losing strokes. It's better than the old Game Golf system as I don't have to worry about tapping my club anywhere for it to be recognized.

Driver: Callaway Epic Speed 9* - Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 65, Stiff

3 Wood: Callaway Epic Flash 3 Wood 14* - Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 75, Stiff

Hybrids: Callaway Epic Flash #3 17* - Mitsubishi Tensei AV Silver 70, Stiff

Callaway Epic Flash #4 20* - Mitsubishi Tensei AV Silver 70, Stiff

Callaway Epic Flash #5 23* - Mitsubishi Tensei AV Silver 70, Stiff

Callaway Epic Flash #6 26* - Mitsubishi Tensei AV Silver 65, Regular

Irons: Ping G430, Red Dot, 7, 8, 9, W, 45.5*, 50*, ALTA CB BLACK, Regular

Wedges: Edison Forged - 55*, KBS PGI 80, Regular 2* Flat

Putter: Odyssey Toe Up #1, Ball: Vice Pro

Long time Arccos user. It definitely has its pros and cons. I also had a problem with ordering new sensors. When I activated the sensors, Arccos closed my account and wanted me to buy a subscription. It took a lot of back and forth with customer support but they reinstated me. We'll see what happens when my current year is up. 

:cobra-small:   RADspeed 10.5, :projectx: Evenflow Riptide CB 6.0s

:cobra-small:  Bio Cell 3/4w, :projectx: PXV 6.0s; AMP 3h 19deg Aldila RIP R.  Bio Cell 4h 22.5deg :projectx: PXV R. 

:titleist-small:          2021/22 T200 5-7, T100 8-P (bent 1deg strong), :projectx: LZ 5.5 

:cleveland-small:      CBX-2 50/11 

:taylormade-small:   ATV 56/16deg 

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Impact No.3 Align putter

:Arccos:     Caddie for tracking.     

:titelist-small:            Pro V1X balls

Previous forum tests:

2019: Golf Pride Tour Velvet Plus 4 grips, Lynx Black Cat 5-PW.    2020:  :skycaddie: LX5 Watch.    2021:  :1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact #3 Align putter

I've used various apps since starting to play consistently but settled mostly on 18 birdies. Part of this was they used to have a great rewards program when booking times but have gotten rid of that. Would love to track more on 18 birdies but it's pretty cumbersome with "shot tracking" with remembering to open app to start tracking, then finish tracking (most of the time what I forget), especially when playing with a group. Love data (see "how'd you play posts") so would love to get better at tracking specific shots and learning yardages, etc, as I'm sure there is a ton I'm leaving out there by not knowing some simple data (including actual club yardages)

Driver: default_titelist-small.jpg.af6c79e031d0a7016fffa91ce0212512.jpg TSi2 9.0* w/ Tensei blue stiff shaft // 3 Wood: default_titelist-small.jpg.af6c79e031d0a7016fffa91ce0212512.jpg TSi3 15* Tensei white stiff shaft

Hybrid: default_taylormade-small.jpg.e85cafcb95032f919dfafeb5fd18ac1e.jpg GAPR Hi 3h

Irons: default_titelist-small.jpg.af6c79e031d0a7016fffa91ce0212512.jpg T300 4-PW + 48* & 53*w/ KBS tour stiff

Wedge: default_cleveland-small.jpg.5931429dde47ec5093bb94bc9d38f8b5.jpg CBX2 58*10

Putter: KS1

Ball: Srixon Z-star // Bag: default_ping-small.jpg.2da16be6ff3360b3177f4439c6c6288b.jpg DLX

On 4/20/2024 at 2:29 AM, GolfSpy_APH said:

Are you a Shot Scope, Arccos, Garmin or another user? Or do you go by hand or do you just not use any of that?

Let us know!

Jamie, Garmin Appraoch S20 user along with the Garmin Golf App on my IPhone….very basic compared to the new stuff….still I’ve found it to be fun and a great basis for tracking my clubs thru the bag. 

WITB? Ping G400 SFT w/Aldila Mamba shaft R flex; Ping G410 3w; Ping G400 3h(19), 4h(22), 5h(26); TaylorMade SLDR 5i (interchanges w/5h)-PW -stock graphite shafts Rflex; INDI FLX-S wedges (50, 54, 58) w/Recoil graphite shafts -Rflex and Odyssey AI-One 7T BD Milled (aka Millie), ball choice tends to be Pro-V1 or simliar 3pc urethane balls. 

image.png

Are tags for a system to track your shots a must for you?

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Garmin Venu.  It is a great watch not only for golf but many other sports.

Driver: Titleist 95 D3 10.5, Aldila Rogue
Wood:  Callaway Epic Zub Zero, Project X Even Flow
Hybrid: Ping Answer 20, TFC 800H 
Irons: Miura 57 3-PW - Mitsubishi OT 75 
Wedges: Miura Forged 51, 55, 60 - Project X
Putter:  Valgrine - Phoenix

I'm Arccos some time.

I usually put the sensors on when I want to do some data analysis. They stay on for 4 - 8 weeks and then put away. Reason being is that I find I can get more focused on gathering the data than playing the game.

An example, over the last year I have had a long lay off due to illness, I also lost some weight and I feel like I've lost distance and my gapping is out so I've put the sensors back on my clubs in March, gathering data. Adjust my club distances and then they will go back in my garage.

WIMB

Driver Callaway Epic 10.5' Fujikura Stiff

3W Callaway Epic 15' Fujikura Stiff

3-AW Srixon Z565 Nippon Stiff

52', 56' Cleveland RTX 585 Wedges

Putter Taylormade Rosa Daytona

Bags 2017 Callaway Org14 Cart bag or 2018 Srixon Z start Carry bag 

Shot Scope X5 (V2 & V3 before that) and for sure it’s helped my game. Helps me work on my misses, strengths and weaknesses through strokes gained feature. Also great for dialling in my yardages. 
Wouldn’t be without it

:callaway-small: Paradym 10.5 Project X Hzrdus Silver
:callaway-small: Paradym 3HL Project X Hzrdus Silver
:callaway-small: Paradym Heavenwood Project X Hzrdus Silver
:callaway-small: Paradym 4H Project X Hzrdus Silver
:tour-edge: EXS Pro Forged 5-PW True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50/SS Nippon NS Pro Modus3 Tour 105 X Stiff (8i shaft)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54/SS Nippon NS Pro Modus3 Tour 105 X Stiff (8i shaft)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 58/SS Nippon NS Pro Modus3 Tour 105 X Stiff (8i shaft)
:odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Seven with logo-bjm2.png.b7e1077b096fed17a2870b0f63b7837f.png Kotahi grip
seed.png.34e6908c56b2f4a28f3511fa62a86f0d.png SD-01 ball, :ShotScope: X5 Watch, :Clicgear: 8.0+

MGS Galway Bay Rain Gear Review: https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60769-galway-bay-rain-gear-2023-forum-review/

MGS Star Grip Review: https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63328-star-grips-2024-forum-review/

I used to use Arcos but the fee kills it for me.  Tried ShotScope and just didn’t work for me.  Currently using The Grint and I like it…if I can remember to use it!   I have access to Shot Pattern and would use it if it also kept score.

For GPS yardages I have a Garmin watch and I use the Golfshot app, but I also have Arccos in my clubs. I don't know whether Arccos is really that great yet as I haven't had a lot of proper rounds in there. It seems to miss out a lot of putts and requires a lot of correcting after the round. Curious if anyone has any experience with Arccos versus the Garmin CT10 tracking, and which they prefer.

I have been using arccos now for the past two seasons. I have found it extremely insightful in diagnosing what I am doing well and what parts of my game I should be focusing on improving. The app is very well laid out and has most everything you could want, from pre shot analytics to post round diagnosis and everything in between. 

Since Arccos, ive been using its information to give myself more meaningful practice seasons focused to the facets of my week areas, I have seen my handicap hit single digits, and my confidence countinuly grows. 

Two thumbs up. 

I've been using the Shotscope V3 and also the Golfpad app to keep my scores.

Analysis of my game is great in the Shotscope app and helped me a lot!

The V3 every now and then misses the club I use during a shot if I don't hold the club next to the watch. Hope that this is improved in the V5 version!

EJB

Driver:  Taylormade SIM2 KURO KAGE SILVER 60 10.5

3 Wood: Titleist 909 F3 15 (to be renewed) 

Hybrids: Ping PING G425 HB GR RH 3&4

Irons: MZ JPX 921 FORGED IR DYNAMIC GOLD 105 IR STL 5-G

Wedges: Vokey SM8 54/10S, 58/10S

Putter: Ping CA 70

Ball: Titleist velocity

I'm using my Garmin Fenix 6X and it;s such a nice and reliable unit that I often don't take my laser out of my bag... The shot tracking is solid and it had enormous battery that works for day's in GPS mode... My first Fenix I bought for running and cycling but when the golf measurements came into the 5 I switched. The shot tracking made me bye the 6X. I love it! 

Driver:           :PXG:0811 XF GEN4 10,5 Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Blue 60 regular shaft.

Hybrids:        :cobra-small:  FLY-Z 3/4/5 , VLCT ALTUS R-flex 75gr. shaft.

Irons:             :cobra-small:  Speedzone One Length Irons 5-GW - KBS Tour 90 Regular shaft.

Wedges:        ST8TS Tour T Wedges 52-56-60 + 1,5cm KBS regular shaft.

Putter:            MLA Tour XDream 'Black Edition' Superstroke 3.0 slim (standard 34")

Ball's:             :honma: D1 and TW-X for the moment till i can find a better deal 😉

Rangefinder:  Garmin Fenix 6X Pro, ZIYOUHU Chinese laser, Garmin Approach X40., SwingU app.

Privileged to been testing the MLA Tour XDream BLACK EDITION SuperStroke 3.0 slim AND SwingU app for MyGolfSpy!

Wouldn’t the question be best served with a poll and comments added accordingly?

btw arccos for 4 years

Keen amateur 

Cobra King F9 driver

Callaway 3w & 5w

Taylormade M4 5-PW

Cleveland RTX mid grind 50, 58, 56, 60

Oddysey Versa Sabretooth putter (as used by Inbee Park)

Bushnell Pro X3 Rangefinder 

I used Arccos for over a year, and I believe the sensors messsed with the weighting of club and how I gripped the club (gripping higher thinking it was the end of club).  It missed a lot of shots and I felt like I needed to interact every hole, slowing down play.  

I switched this year to 18Birdies and an app called Tangent.  Like them both a lot.  18Birdies has the greens on the watch and really good data.  Tangent automatically tracks shots (which I love) and has practice built into the app.  Really great insight into each round when you are analyzing (goes over your worst three shots).  

im torn which one I want to keep.  I don’t like the manual tracking of shots on 18 birdies but I love their true distance measurements.  

PXG Gen 5 full bag (D, 3W, 4-AW, 52°, 56°, 60°)

PXG Battle ready Blackjack putter

Garmin S70 and C10 trackers for the whole bag and more. Been using Garmin for 6 years now. Before that GameGolf. 

-ckeller52

What's in the bag? This is....
IRONS         Srixon ZX5 5-AW fitted with Elements Recoil 806 F2 Shafts
WEDGE's     Vokey SM9 54* 14 Fitted with Elements Recoil 806 F2 Shafts and A 60* Jean Carlo Golf Wedge (Amazon)
DRIVER       default_taylormade-small.jpg M6
3 WOOD     GX-7 14°
HYBRIDS     cobra King F9 Speedback 3&4  KBS TOUR HB GRAPHITE 75 R
PUTTER      L.A.B Link1 33"
Lamkin       Sonar+ Tour Calibrate Standard Golf Grips
I also use Garmin Approach S70 and a Bushnell V3 (no slope)
And a Full Swing Kit launch monitor for the three times a week or so when I practice. 

I currently only am using a range finder. Would like to try arrcos and see if it is as good as people say. I would like to be able to see and compare data after rounds. 

Trevor 01 

Taylormade driver @ 9.5 x flex, 3 wood @15, 5 wood @ 21, golfpride cord 

Taylormade p770 irons D7 swingweight lie angle @ 1 upright, Titleist wedges @ 2 flat  with KBS 120. 50,56,60, 

Taylormade spider putter.

I have been using Arccos for the last 5 years and really like the quality of the data. They’ve gotten better every year with the quality of the data. I use the link and leave my phone in th cart. The downside is you need a fully charged phone and link. The thing I don’t like is the pricing especially the new Link pro. For the same price I could get a Shotscope V5 which includes the watch and no annual fees. So very tempted. 
Having said that the one downside to all GPS systems is not the accuracy of the GPS, rather how the course is mapped. You can see differences of 5-15 yards on holes compared to laser range finder. The courses where someone has walked it and mapped it tend to be  to be the most accurate as far as distances are concerned 

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2 plus, LA golf DJ shaft, 55S

3 wood - TM Stealth plus, Mitsubishi Kai’li. Blue, 5 wood - TM Stealth plus,  Hzrdus red, 3 hybrid Mizuno CLK, Fuji pro

Irons (5-PW) - Mizuno 921 HMP, Accra IS 80

Wedges, Vokey SM9 48*10F, 54* 12D, 58* 8M, DG S400

Putter: Evnroll tour, stability shaft, Evnroll gravity grip

Bag: Vessel Cobra tour stand bag

Balls: Titleist ProV1x, Callaway Chrome soft X LS, Bridgestone Tour B XS or Srixon Z star Diamond

Tech: Arccos, Bushnell Pro XE rangefinder image.jpeg.6421bf4c3e32ba5a27f4fe57d0571222.jpeg

I just happened to have picked up the Bushnell icon elite in black a month or so back and it works great for give shot distance and giving distance to hazards and green. I just wish it had a step counter since I walk half the time instead of ride 

I’m not the greatest but I’ll always play

I used to use 18 birdies app to track shots but it was very random when I did it. Mostly just to serve as anecdotal evidence for supporting how far I hit my clubs. New to using Shot Scope Connex and pleased with what it offers. Might move to the watch version in the future after seeing how this season goes. Just to make tagging easier. 

Driver:  cobralogo.png.60692cdc05482efd83e68664e010b95f.png Aerojet LS, Ventus Blue Shaft - 6S
4 Wood:  callaway.png.e65d398fb0327017a369499fc6126064.png Rogue ST Max 16.5, Tensei White Shaft - 7S
Utility Iron: mizunopro.png.90cc4fb9895830e28063d9a5be416145.png Fli Hi 3-iron, HAZARDOUS Smoke Black Shaft - S
Irons:  mizuno.png.f0e7b21135cb6273b3c1430866904467.png JPX 921 Tour 4-P, Project X Shafts - Stiff 125g
Wedges: cleveland.png.f21f4d2361520fdf1bbd9d515a2f11e6.png 52º, 56º, 60º
Putter:  odyssey.png.58c727e37eb7efda62bce4f7b8881bd9.png Ai-One 7 T CH, 34"
Preferred Ball: srixon.png.f177578dda27a20ef80a0a8b1ae96e3b.png Z-Star Diamond
Pushcart: bagboy.jpg.0dda53b5175958e1b5686f22b90af744.jpg Nitron
Rangefinder: bushnell.jpg.c51debd06066fa243dea7f14d69a8dba.jpg Tour V5 Shift

currently using shot scope v3.  before that, i used a garmin vivoactive 3.  the battery life on the v3 is so much better than the garmin.  satellite acquisition time seems a bit long with the v3 so i'm interested to see if shot scope has improved in this area with the v5. 

cobra ltdx driver

cobra biocell 3w

ping g410 irons

cleveland rtx wedges

cleveland hb 10.5 putter