Takomo Long Game - 2024 Forum Review

Message added by MGS-Forum-Mod,

Hey Takomo Guys!

I just got my 101s last Monday and I have to say I love them. I bought largely on the reviews from MGS and Facebook players. I have the KBS X-Stiff 4-PW and the Skyforger Wedges 52, 56 & 60. They all play so smooth.

Have any of you put the driver or fairway woods in play yet?

That Golf Guy

WITB
Driver: Cobra Rad Speed
Fairway: Calloway GBB 7 (Classic)

Irons: Takomo 101
Wedges: Takomo (52, 56, 60)

Putter: Cleveland HB Soft 2 #1

Ball: Maxfli Tour

All ball & club choices made from MGS Testing & Recommendations. Fitted for irons on shaft and lie prior to purchase.

42 minutes ago, That Golf Guy said:

Hey Takomo Guys!

I just got my 101s last Monday and I have to say I love them. I bought largely on the reviews from MGS and Facebook players. I have the KBS X-Stiff 4-PW and the Skyforger Wedges 52, 56 & 60. They all play so smooth.

Good morning @That Golf Guy... great choice on the irons, I am currently testing the Takomo 3 wood and 5 wood and am finding the same quality, and consistent results I am finding with the Takomo 301 MB's. you can check out my "main thread" on Takomo Long Game - 2024 Forum Review...thanks for the post 

committed to performance excellence

1 hour ago, That Golf Guy said:

Hey Takomo Guys!

The 101s are great-looking, and by all accounts perform excellently - great choice!

Not that this is a HUGE spoiler alert, but I've already put the Takomo 5 and 7 wood in the bag permanently - they're that easy to hit and are that big an improvement over what I was previously gaming.  The adjustability alone makes them incredibly useful, and then when you add on the "what-feels-like-I-can't-miss" confidence I get with them in hand, it made for a no-brainer on my part.  

Genuinely thinking I may add the 3-wood as well.  🙂

Driver - Callaway Ai Smoke Max - 9* - Draw setting; Maltby UL (Otto Phlex)
5/7 Wood - Takomo Ignis
Utility - Caley X01 Driving Iron (3 = 18*) (currently benched)
Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T
Wedges (48, 52, 56, 60) - Indi Wedges FLX 48 / ATK 52, 56, 60
Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 - 65*/DF3 65*
Ball - Chrome Tour Triple-Track

39 minutes ago, GolfSpy SAM said:

The 101s are great-looking, and by all accounts perform excellently - great choice!

Not that this is a HUGE spoiler alert, but I've already put the Takomo 5 and 7 wood in the bag permanently - they're that easy to hit and are that big an improvement over what I was previously gaming.  The adjustability alone makes them incredibly useful, and then when you add on the "what-feels-like-I-can't-miss" confidence I get with them in hand, it made for a no-brainer on my part.  

the 3 wood is a great addition as well... for us "round bellies" a 9 wood would be a nice add on to the lineup...

5 hours ago, That Golf Guy said:

Hey Takomo Guys!

I'm on the same side as @GolfSpy SAM... the 3 wood and 5 wood are absolutely going in my bag. They look great and are really easy to swing. 

16 hours ago, Big Deal Walsh said:

I'm on the same side as @GolfSpy SAM... the 3 wood and 5 wood are absolutely going in my bag. They look great and are really easy to swing. 

I can only agree to what has been said before.

I've put the 5 and 7 Takomo woods into my bag as soon as I got them and have not looked back so far. The confidence aspect @GolfSpy SAM mentioned is resonating very positive with me as well; I played a few short rounds lately and whenever the opportunity presented itself to use one of the woods, I could just go perform the shot without too much thinking or conflicting thoughts in my head, just basically trusting in the club doing its thing. And even if I didn't get a perfect hit, the result was still much better than what I usually got with my previous woods.

So for me they are great confidence boost clubs indeed! I will still need a lot more practice on the range. That was a bit lacking lately because of stretches of bad weather here, but it looks like that is mostly over now. I also still plan to measure the distances I get now compared to my old woods. But I already forsee that the Takomo fairway woods will stay in my bag no matter what. 

---

I have really been enjoying reading all of these posts and reviews. If it wasn't for the fact that I just put a set of hybrids in my bag not too long ago, these would be a high consideration for me

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

23 hours ago, That Golf Guy said:

Hey Takomo Guys!

I'm currently focusing on the fairway woods of course, but I might give the Takomo Wedges and the driving iron a try (but probably not this year anymore..., my current wedges are still fresh enough). Did you replace some other wedges with the Skyforgers? 

---

22 hours ago, GolfSpy SAM said:

My next post was going to be asking who has put the driver or fairway woods in their bag yet. Glad to hear they are just as good.

That Golf Guy

WITB
Driver: Cobra Rad Speed
Fairway: Calloway GBB 7 (Classic)

Irons: Takomo 101
Wedges: Takomo (52, 56, 60)

Putter: Cleveland HB Soft 2 #1

Ball: Maxfli Tour

All ball & club choices made from MGS Testing & Recommendations. Fitted for irons on shaft and lie prior to purchase.

I'm headed down to the bottom (South) of Utah, St. George for a little family trip. This city is a golfers paradise with some of the best desert golf! I'm playing at the Ledges, so I will for sure be playing my trusty woods off the tee as much as possible! 

image.png.aa02c4660e5126198a9ae67360898b5c.png

2 hours ago, Big Deal Walsh said:

I'm headed down to the bottom (South) of Utah, St. George for a little family trip. This city is a golfers paradise with some of the best desert golf! I'm playing at the Ledges, so I will for sure be playing my trusty woods off the tee as much as possible! 

image.png.aa02c4660e5126198a9ae67360898b5c.png

Have you been down there before and played golf? I'm curious to know what their golf environment is like. I've been there for some competitive shooting classes but didn't have time to golf.

Driver: :mizuno-small: STMax 230 10.5*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
Fairways: :Sub70: 949x 3w / 5w, 15* / 18*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Hybrids: :Sub70: 939x 4h, 21*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 80g Hybrid
Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX923 Hot Metal Pro, 5-GW, UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: S23, 54* & 60*, UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter:
Maltby_Logo.jpg.7f7f2f102dcb7b289e419805910e4aab.jpg Moment X Tour @ 35" & 71*, Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, White/Red
Ball: :maxfli: Tour CG
Technology:
VortexGolf_Logo.jpg.2ad1215c7b1aa2ccf8d062a73bc72142.jpg Anarch Rangefinder, :ShotScope: V5 w/ Tags Shot Tracking.

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/65161-vortex-optics-rangefinders-2024-member-test/?do=findComment&comment=1089247

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/classifieds/ - DON'T FORGET ABOUT THE CLASSIFIEDS!!!!

IMG_5043.jpeg.ee480cb56e1267793c8d996688c59b2b.jpegIMG_5041.jpeg.c64add746e2cba3e95016666de07d15f.jpegwell, my Takomo long game testing has moved to our summer holiday at the lake!!

I did manage to get a game in yesterday before we left, on number 12 at my home course, par 4 with an uphill second shot, I used my Takomo 7 wood, turned from 21 to 23 degrees so I can get 170 yds carry!! Struck it beautifully, landed softly to about 4 feet, and made the putt!! 

lolking forward to showing them off to my lake folks!! 

I played a 9-hole round this morning with @GolfSpy_APH. Again, I often felt more confident over the ball with the Takomo fairway woods 5 and 7 than with my driver. And I also managed to hit a ball nicely from the rough using the 7 wood - it was sitting up perfectly on the grass, so I just had to take that shot! 

---

1 hour ago, ToastedSoul said:

I played a 9-hole round this morning with @GolfSpy_APH. Again, I often felt more confident over the ball with the Takomo fairway woods 5 and 7 than with my driver. And I also managed to hit a ball nicely from the rough using the 7 wood - it was sitting up perfectly on the grass, so I just had to take that shot! 

It was actually a round to get my first handicap, therefore I was a tiny bit nervous. I lost some balls, I missed some fairways and greens, 3-putted and had some fat shots. 

But nonetheless, mission accomplished. Thanks Takomo clubs for the support!

---

I played 18 on Saturday.. The driver is not being very consistent lately so after 4 holes I switched to playing my 3 wood off the tee.. These woods are just so easy to swing. I am going to the simulator tonight so I will be making some adjustments on both the 3 and 5 wood. I'm hoping to get a little more height with my 5 wood so it doesn't roll out as much. 

Did some testing in the simulator last night.. my goal was to have my 5 wood not roll out so much, so I played with adding a heavier weight in the rear of the head and adjusting loft. Playing with the weights was very cool since the only "adjusting" i've been able to do is the hosel on my driver. I didn't like the feeling with the heavier weight (25g) so I switched back to the 20g. Morale of the story, I got more height on both my 3 and 5 wood. I still would like to tinker with things, but the fact that these clubs have that option.. SO COOL! 

9 hours ago, ToastedSoul said:

Maybe it's just me, but I only see a black box above your text. Or the Takomos by night? 😵

the way I have been hitting the bal lI might as well play in the dark lol, no my pictures sometimes don't transfer well...

Hello spy’s

played today, 18 holes at the Christina Lake Golf Club. Really nice course in the west kootenay’s of British Columbia. 
I hit the Takomo 3 wood 4 times, successfully I might add, no issues with confidence in the 3 wood, turned down from 15 degrees to 14 degrees. The look at address gives you confidence right off the bat… 

I disnt hit have the yardage to hit a full 7 wood today but will keep all of you updated when I do… still working on the confidence with this one. 

Played a round at the simulator last night.. My driver is slowly getting back into my trust circle, but the 3 wood came to play last night. I didn't have any long fairway shots into par 5's but off the tee, that club was unstoppable. After making some adjustments to the club, I think I have found the secret combination that works for me. These clubs are really fun to use and I LOVE the feel and sound they have when hitting the ball. 

On 5/13/2024 at 2:16 PM, Big Deal Walsh said:

Introduction

Hello everyone, my name is Adam Walsh and I am currently in Northern Utah. Mountain golf is something everyone should experience in their life! Utah has some absolute PURE courses with jaw dropping views. 

image.png.03a9cf1b7dbbaf7d123447938d2cb7bf.png

I started playing golf (seriously) in 2016. I am a converted baseball player so speed and power are my strengths but controlling the ball was my biggest challenge. My golf game has skyrocketed over the last two years. I made the decision to put more effort into learning and fine tuning my golf game and I am really seeing the returns from that decision. I play in local golf tournaments and have access to a really nice golf simulator. I practice daily but usually play every weekend on the course and a couple days in the simulator each week. 

I am a big fan of Youtube golf content and Takomo has definitely established a strong presence with its product. I have heard really good things about Takomo irons, so I have high expectations for the woods. I am testing a 3 and 5 wood. I currently don't have these clubs in bag at the moment but I am hoping the results leave no doubt as to why they will earn a spot in the bag. I chose the 3 wood because on short par 4's I choke down on the driver and do a softer swing, which is usually an inconsistent shot. I think a 3 wood will be able to replace that type of shot so I can have a normal swing and also have a more forgiving club for long shots into par 5's. I chose the 5 wood so I can have the option on the tee box for longer par 3's. After researching Takomo Ignis Woods, I am excited for the adjustable loft sleeve and weights. This gives a golfer the chance to tailor the club to their own game. In my testing I will be conducting some R&D with the adjustability and will be able to confirm with data on the simulator. 

First Impressions (20 out of 20)

IMG_2421.jpg.b858247030297ff26090f7afedff8aaa.jpg

These bad boys traveled a long distance in a matter of 2 days! The packaging was not damaged and the contents were neatly protected inside. The shafts came in their own box and each head came in a box with the following: head cover, torque tool, 15g & 25 g head weight, tool/head bag. The headcovers seem like a high quality with a very soft fleece inside that fit like a warm cozy sock in the winter. 

IMG_2423.jpg.d67e661ff1d08da5514c268f971b86e0.jpg

My first impression of these clubs are sleek and deadly. The carbon fiber top is a beautiful sight to have behind the ball. I didn't know what to expect size wise for the 5 wood, but there isn't a significant difference between the 3 and 5. I have the Hazardous Black 60g in my 3 wood and the Hazardous Red RDX 60g in my 5 wood. 

IMG_2427.jpg.b0472e6c626c1afaf57e371e4ecf9bbe.jpg

IMG_2431.jpg.2d1e2aa376810a56170d10a80027e238.jpgIMG_2432.jpg.99e3084aa264cbc05cefd90d103022c1.jpg

The Numbers (27 out of 30)

I am very fortunate to have access to a golf simulator using Trackman technology. Before taking this to the course I wanted to get some baseline numbers. 

After several shots, my 5 wood numbers were very consistent. I don’t hit the center of the clubface every time, but on mishits the club still performed. Below is a snapshot of how my 5 wood performs. 

The stat I was really watching was the ball speed and club speed. I’m not a huge stat guru, but I know that those two data points are the most crucial in testing. Over a course 70 shots (in a span of 3 weeks) the ball speed ranged from 133 - 138. I could feel on toe strike shots, there isn't a huge distance drop off. 

IMG_2433(1).jpg.90c4b0ab04dc084df4873b9d0ae873d2.jpg

For me, the consistency was incredible. I never felt that the club was going to have a flier or come up short because of the clubs fault.

The 3 wood is still a work in progress. I am working on getting a higher launch and a higher carry. I have used a heavier weight in the head and adjusted the hosel to a higher loft, but I haven’t found the right numbers. My 3 wood carry was only 5 yards more than my 5 wood. There is more runout on this club, but I would like to see a little more distance for this club.  

On The Course (10 out of 10)

These clubs have given me a major sense of confidence on the course. I was missing a club to use off the T box on short Par 4’s and a club for a second shot into Par 5’s. These quickly became the answer. On the tee box or the fairway, these clubs delivered. My driver has been hot and cold this year, so I wanted to challenge the 3 wood off of the tee. At first I was worried that I was going to lose distance or not have a lot of control. After a couple shots, this doubt was gone. I don't have the thought in the back of my head "where is this one going to go". Having that mental confidence and looking down at a club that is beautiful behind the ball, is a recipe for success. 

The Good, the bad, the inbetween (16 out of 20)

My favorite part about these clubs are the adjustability. There is an adjustable hosel on the club and two extra adjustable weights that can be swapped out on the back of the club. The clubs come with a 20 gram weight in the back of the head. Having this option makes this club apply to any range of golfer! I have swapped out the weights and it was very interesting to see the change in performance and what I like to feel in my swing. I gave this score because I wish there were more than 2 options for shafts. There are only 2 shafts offered (Hazardous Smoke Red & Black RDX). Also the Lamkin golf grip (normal size) is the only option. I prefer the midsize grip to my clubs, but that would be a nice option for these clubs. 

IMG_2424(1).jpg.091b6d17712afa6cfa63b4ff578442cb.jpg

Play it or Trade it? (20 out of 20)

These clubs have earned a permanent spot in my bag! Now that summer is in full effect, I have some tournaments coming up and I am so glad these clubs will be in play. These clubs have boosted my game and have filled a spot that was missing in my long game. 

Conclusion

In summary, these clubs are here to stay. If I could use a word to describe these, I would choose confidence booster! After weeks of testing, I have found these clubs to give me a sense of confidence in my shot whether that be from the Tee Box or the fairway. Something that I really noticed was the feeling and sound that is made when hitting the ball. I am not a fan of hollow sounding clubs that have a "ting" sound to it, so these sound SO good to me. I hear a lower tone "crushing" sound when I hit the ball... maybe it's just me, but it doesn't sound or feel like a cheap club and I like that a lot. The final selling point for these clubs are the adjustability. Having the option with an adjustable hosel and removable weights in the head give a special appeal to every golfer in the market. These woods are very user friendly and are really fun to hit. I would ABSOLUTELY  recommend these clubs for every golfer. 

Final Score (93 out of 100)

Hello Everyone! Go check out my final review! 

On 5/13/2024 at 11:16 PM, ToastedSoul said:

Introduction

Hi everyone!

My name is Nicolas Stohler, also known as @ToastedSoul, and I'm thrilled to be one of the chosen testers. A huge shout-out to MGS, the moderators, and Takomo for this fantastic opportunity to test the Takomo Long Game clubs!

At 48, I live near Zurich, Switzerland, with my family. As a software developer, I've always found solace in sports. Bouldering was my previous passion, challenging me weekly. However, golf has now taken center stage in my life, offering a new realm of strategy and precision that resonates with my love for problem-solving.

Although I'm at the beginning of my golf journey, my commitment to improving my technique is unwavering. Balancing family, work, and golf is no small feat, and I'm determined to earn my handicap, overcoming the hurdles of the Swiss system (for more on this, see GolfSpy_APH’s article).

IMG_20240520_182335-intro-post.jpg.9775a168ba801317acc417e428bf9ebc.jpg
On the way home after a wood practice session. (Not my car in the background).

Transitioning from a 6-hole academy course (par 3 holes only) to the demanding champion course, I recognize the game-changing potential of driver and fairway woods. Keeping the ball on the course is my biggest challenge at this time. My current arsenal includes the Cobra King F9 fairway woods 5 & 7, which I've been analyzing through Trackman sessions. The Takomo woods will be rigorously tested on the course and tracked with my ShotScope V5 watch. I've chosen to test the 5 & 7 woods from Takomo for the following reasons: they are nicely gapping between my 5 iron and my driver, and I really like to hit those clubs. I've been on the edge to test on of the  Takomo utility/driving irons, but decided against it for now, since I had the feeling that this would introduce more complexity into my bag. I still might pick one up at a later date...

Let’s see if the Takomo fairway woods can overthrow the kings and earn their spot in my bag.

IMG_20240520_173358-intro-post-clubs.jpg.41d67e92484de64ad857a11272fa04c8.jpg
The kings are not suspecting anything…yet.

Home practice is on the horizon, too, once I sort out a minor setback with my practice net (a golfer's patience is truly tested on and off the course!). I'm also looking forward to incorporating data from the Rapsodo MLM2 Pro into my review.

I can't wait to embark on this testing adventure and share my findings with you all.

---
Delivery and Unboxing

It was a bit a bumpy road until I finally got my hands on the Takomo fairway woods. The shafts got delivered to me quickly, but suddenly the heads were recalled and back on their way to Hong Kong. And all this because the included torque wrench might have been not or wrongly branded. But the Takomo support team jumped in and ensured that I got the heads in the end, so kudos to them! 

takomo-landing.gif.36fdd8d8b8093be2e41f7beaefd6626d.gif
Delivery scene slightly overdramatized for effect. Takomo standard delivery looks different.

Unboxing and assembling the clubs was straight forward. But I took my time with that, as everything that was in the boxes was well wrapped, so no worries of receiving any damaged items. So the clubs delivered a solid first impression and I had no problems shooting some nice pictures along the way:

unboxing-02.png.117a8d7dce7e583c28cffb52fe35455f.png.2aca81bece5371c8818a7dd52e1ddef2.png
Still shrink-wrapped. The torque wrench came in this black velvet bag together with the two weights.

unboxing-04.png.1a2fa78610e722ff9a15154e9767ed8a.png.7fad5239d995bff99ee059ee69afb799.png
I've set them up with standard setting 'N' to get me started.

IMG_20240611_230519.jpg.f96ca6824ae9de5e8559bd5c1685b919.jpg.cfa43e8b3569faf353ade0fb8933d839.jpg
The pattern on top of the heads looks just great from every possible angle. It's a bit hard to capture with the camera. I will try and create a short video of this to better visualize the effect.

unboxing-06.png.b93f0b5f01715ca79cbc4a465e77d7d9.png.88398518c4c2f07bf462f77a8f01375c.png
Solid headcovers. 

---

Final Review

First impressions (20 out of 20)

Getting the clubs into my hands was a bit tricky as described above, but nothing that was Takomo’s fault. On the contrary, they stepped in in a timely manner and made an effort to get the missing pieces to me as fast as possible. In the end, I received everything and nothing was damaged. So I’m not going to deduce any points for that. 

The quality of all the received items was outstanding, no scratches or damages could be found. 

The Takomo instruction video on how to assemble and configure the clubs was short and clear, nothing was left to interpretation. 

I checked Takomo’s prices for all of their clubs already before being selected as a tester here, and to me their prices seemed very competitive. Looking now more specifically at the fairway wood prices and comparing them to the big brand models, Takomo for sure is going to be a valid alternative. 

Aesthetics (10 out of 10)

This club is very pleasing to the eye with it’s simple dark design and the carbon style top of the head. The top finish is not mate, so no problems with sun reflections or something like that.

Compared to the Cobra woods I already own the Takomo club heads are a tiny bit bigger in both directions when looking at them from the top. The Cobra woods feature a small alignment snake logo on top of the club heads, while the Takomo clubs do not have anything like that. On the other hand, the Cobra wood club faces do have no specific markings (and are dark), while the Takomo woods feature those 5 white lines which I can clearly see at address. The white lines on the Takomo club heads helped me to verify my aiming direction more easily.

I very much like the sound the club produces. A very nice, full, rounded SHLACK!!! is the best I can describe it. I haven’t paid much more attention to that yet, it felt like I get more or less the same kind of sound feedback from middle-of-the-face shots as well as from shots that are not very well hit. I could be wrong here (and I might have to go back and concentrate more on this detail in the future...).

I was mainly most impressed that even not all-out, fully perfect swings got the ball flying in a mostly consistent manner to where I was aiming. Whenever I got a really bad shot, the only thing to blame was my setup or my swing. 

IMG_20240715_143357-glare-comparison.png.994c9866c2ca034e2cc46d3e68ca2217.png

Glare comparison Takomo - Cobra.

Numbers (10 out of 10)

Unfortunately, I did not manage to use Trackman on a regular basis to have enough data for this review. I will keep on using the clubs and collect more data for sure and post the results in a follow up post at a later date. 

What I personally feel is more important about these clubs than numbers and what I actually like most about the Takomo fairway woods is: 

They are so simple and easy to hit, even sub par hits don’t end in a complete disaster. I can walk up to a ball, take the club out of the bag, two practice swings and swoosh!, send the ball flying. All that without any complicated setup/swing thoughts troubling my mind. That is something I am struggling with when I either look at my driver or my 5 iron.  

That all being said, I feel like my balls went a bit further when hit perfectly with the Cobra’s. But I think the forgiveness on the Takomo clubs makes more than up for that. Ball control beats distance; It’s so much better to be able to stay on or close to the fairways and have a bit less distance compared to hitting it a bit further, but more often end up in the deeper stuff. 

On Course (20 out of 20)

I will keep this section short, as I have not managed to play too many rounds during my testing period - bad weather was to blame mostly. But following from the last section, on many  par 4 and par 5 holes I actually left the driver in the bag and used the 5 or 7 Takomo woods to get me started with a maybe slightly shorter distance opening shot but always a less risky shot that put me in a good location for the next shot. And no, my shots were not all in the fairway, but very often pretty close to it. Again, it boils down to the confidence that these clubs radiate somehow. 

The Good, the bad, the inbetween (20 out of 20)

The very good: confidence! Head cover off, practice swing, swoosh! Somehow these clubs just clicked with me.

To good: Adjustability. I have not tinkered with the available adjusting options yet, as the standard settings provided me with a near-optimal experience so far. I assume when I track more data and rounds I will get to a point where it makes sense to experiment a bit and see how much of a difference those settings can make. I will follow up on that at a later time!

The bad: There’s nothing bad I found so far. Maybe some people would prefer having an aiming aid on top of the club head. I don’t need it, definitely not on this club.

Play it or Trade it? (20 out of 20)

No question: these clubs will stay in the bag. Period. The performance I get out of these is outstanding. I have tried some hybrids before, but never really got any good with them. Very different story with fairway woods, especially the Takomo clubs; I feel like I have much more control over them and the resulting ball direction and flight. The 5 and 7 Takomo fairway woods fit nicely between my Driver and my 5 iron for now, though I get the feeling lately that I could leave the 5 iron at home without any regrets - the 7 wood usually gets the same job done more efficiently without any doubts.

I will still keep my Cobra clubs for further comparison opportunities at a later point; both models (Cobra F9 Kings and Takomo Ignis) have about the same customization options. What interests me is how much of a difference the same adjustments will have on the ball flight paths. Stay tuned for an update post later on that will dive into more details here.

IMG_20240715_143509-glare-single.png.693cdf62dd709efccd4e4acdf525ec6c.png

Conclusion

For me, “Takomo Ignis” equals “confidence and joy”. It’s a simple as that. When going for a range session, I usually start working through my bag from wedges down towards 5 iron, then fairway woods, then driver. As I fight my way through the long irons (and sometimes struggle a lot with those), already the anticipation of reaching the fairway woods soon usually puts a smile on my face.  Taking practice swings and then sending balls flying without much of an effort only widens the smile: it’s almost like a feeling of having this secret club in my hands that gives me super powers. As a beginner level golfer, I cannot wish for anything better than that to boost my confidence when standing over the ball when faced with a longer shot. I can only imagine how these fairway woods will transform my game once I refine my swing technique and hopefully exploit their full potential!

The big world of (expensive) golf brands can surely be intimidating. It’s good to know that Takomo delivers outstanding quality clubs at a very affordable price. 

IMG_20240715_143551-alignment-view.png

Here's my final review 🥳!

---

• 1 month later...

I started with the 101s and absolutely loved how Takomo put alot of the focus on functionality in the golfer’s persective and needs. I couldnt order the fairway woods as they were backordered then, but it was an easy decision and boost of confidence to seek them out as my trust in the brand and its R&D had developed by then. I ultimately purchased the 5 and 7 wood used, and have truly enjoyed them. Had to retire my big brand 3 wood as the 5 was delivering on my needs more than enough.

D : G430 SFT 10.5* (adj to 9.5) Alta CB 55S 

3W:  Cobra LTDx 15*

5W : Takomo Ignis 17* Vista Pro 55S

7W : Takomo Ignis 21* Vista Pro 65S

5H : Ping G430 26* Alta CB 70R

Irons : Takomo 101 5-PW KBS Tour Stiff

W RIVL 50/56

W : Callaway JAWS 58/10J

P Cobra King 3D Agera 35" 

These have a beautiful look. I love the carbon fiber and the matte finish to limit glare. Headcovers are cool also. Companies like this will continue to push the big brands to stay competitively priced with quality and solid reviews to support the DTC movement. Thanks to all for your reviews!!

Callaway Mavrik Driver 9* w/ Aldila Rogue 130 MSI stiff

Callaway Mavrik 4 wood w/ Evenflow Riptide Stiff

Callaway Mavrik 3 and 4 hybrid w/ blackout graphite 5.5 shafts

Mizuno 921 Hot Metal Pro 5-GW w/ Project X LZ blackout regular flex steel shafts

Callaway JAWS Full Toe Raw Black w/ Project X blackout graphite wedge flex shafts

Ping Zing putter iWi w/ superstroke pistol grip

4 hours ago, Jmoods55 said:

These have a beautiful look. I love the carbon fiber and the matte finish to limit glare. Headcovers are cool also. Companies like this will continue to push the big brands to stay competitively priced with quality and solid reviews to support the DTC movement. Thanks to all for your reviews!!

@Jmoods55 they really are a quality product, thanks for checking out the reviews...