Shipping international 🤔

I buy my golf equipment on eBay from the USA, some private sellers won't ship to me in New Zealand because they say it's problematic for them? I don't see it if they honestly describe the golf club there's no reason for a return plus the added shipping cost I pay, I've had damaged and the wrong club shipped and I got a refund as I should. 

Would you ship internationally?

If not why not ???

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

I have before but it usually comes with a caveat that I’m not accepting any returns and the buyer pays all extra costs over me shipping ups to California. 

It can be a hassle and not always worth it. Personally I’d rather take a few bucks less and keep it conus. 

What is in my Ghost MGS anyday Maverick or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:   Callaway Smoke AI TD Max 8.5* with an Aretera Alpha One Blue 55/4 shaft @ 44.75” or GD VF 5s @45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

:titleist-small: TSR2 7 wood shaft TBD

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :taylormade-small: P790 Aged Copper 4-PW with Steelfiber I95 R

Wedges:    :mizuno-small: T22 copper 50* and 54* with Steelfiber 95 S

Putter: :cameron-small: 2024 Phantom 5.5 @ 34”

Similar to @GolfSpy_BNG, I have in the past with the buyer paying all additional costs, and knowing beforehand that any delays would not be the fault of the seller.

Usually have used FedEx without any issues and tracking number for both parties to be able to see progress.

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist GT2 8 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Red & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4 

Hybrid: :titleist-small: TSR2 21 degree - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :Nippon: Modus 105

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM9 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 5 

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

Link to Motocaddy M7 w/Remote Trolley & Bag Review

9 hours ago, GolfSpy_BNG said:

I have before but it usually comes with a caveat that I’m not accepting any returns and the buyer pays all extra costs over me shipping ups to California. 

There's no such thing as a RETURN if you give an honest description with photos, the other thing is eBay give a100% money back guarantee but I'm still concerned buying on ebay but I've no choice because Golf clubs are expensive in NZ nearly double than what I'm buying on ebay. Last time I bought online in NZ the irons were badly marked from hitting on rough ground and driving range, the seller said it was normal wear and tear 😢  I sold them the next week...

6 hours ago, rkj427 said:

Similar to @GolfSpy_BNG, I have in the past with the buyer paying all additional costs, and knowing beforehand that any delays would not be the fault of the seller.

Usually have used FedEx without any issues and tracking number for both parties to be able to see progress.

Yeah I'm happy to pay international shipping and shipping takes from 6 business days to 40 days, I accept that but also DHL is miles quicker than fedx. Fedx keep deliveries sitting in there international Departure hub for weeks and nobody knows WHY 😭 plus online the tracking number says it's delivered but it's still sitting in the USA crazy 🤣 wouldn't use fedx in a pink fit lol...

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

1 hour ago, Bang60 said:

There's no such thing as a RETURN if you give an honest description with photos, the other thing is eBay give a100% money back guarantee but I'm still concerned buying on ebay but I've no choice because Golf clubs are expensive in NZ nearly double than what I'm buying on ebay. Last time I bought online in NZ the irons were badly marked from hitting on rough ground and driving range, the seller said it was normal wear and tear 😢  I sold them the next week...

Yeah I'm happy to pay international shipping and shipping takes from 6 business days to 40 days, I accept that but also DHL is miles quicker than fedx. Fedx keep deliveries sitting in there international Departure hub for weeks and nobody knows WHY 😭 plus online the tracking number says it's delivered but it's still sitting in the USA crazy 🤣 wouldn't use fedx in a pink fit lol...

The reason for no returns has zero to do with honest description. It has to do with damage from a shipment being tossed around by shipping companies while trying to travel an unnecessary distance. As I mentioned I’d rather take less and not deal with the hassel but if someone wants to take the chance then fine. I just WILL NOT take the item back because it got slightly damaged(scratch etc but still 100% playable). Obviously completely unusable is different. 

Then there is custom charges on top of shipping and most international buyers want the item to be listed for less value to save money.  If this is discussed, once the shipment is in the shipping companies hands, the transaction is over as I can’t be made whole with insurance at that point if damaged.

This doesn’t even mention buyers remorse which happens more than you would think where someone finds the tiniest almost unnoticeable problem. 

What is in my Ghost MGS anyday Maverick or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:   Callaway Smoke AI TD Max 8.5* with an Aretera Alpha One Blue 55/4 shaft @ 44.75” or GD VF 5s @45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

:titleist-small: TSR2 7 wood shaft TBD

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :taylormade-small: P790 Aged Copper 4-PW with Steelfiber I95 R

Wedges:    :mizuno-small: T22 copper 50* and 54* with Steelfiber 95 S

Putter: :cameron-small: 2024 Phantom 5.5 @ 34”

As someone that lives abroad it is a pain to get stuff. I would rather buy local or localish to save on longer wait times, customs and and other fees which often cause further costs or delays. 

I get why people don't want to ship them long ways as I don't even really like buying from overseas. Too much hassle for everyone. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

@Bang60 as far as using FedEx, I have shipped items from the USA to Mexico, S. Korea, Germany, Poland, and China while working for the past 12 years with delivery times of no more than 7-10 days, and only one time was a package damaged, but still deliverable.

@GolfSpy_APH Jamie kind of states it best in his response above, keeps any issues from happening at all.

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist GT2 8 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Red & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4 

Hybrid: :titleist-small: TSR2 21 degree - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :Nippon: Modus 105

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM9 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 5 

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

Link to Motocaddy M7 w/Remote Trolley & Bag Review

On 6/12/2024 at 10:48 PM, GolfSpy_BNG said:

The reason for no returns has zero to do with honest description. It has to do with damage from a shipment being tossed around by shipping companies while trying to travel an unnecessary distance. As I mentioned I’d rather take less and not deal with the hassel but if someone wants to take the chance then fine. I just WILL NOT take the item back because it got slightly damaged(scratch etc but still 100% playable). Obviously completely unusable is different. 

Then there is custom charges on top of shipping and most international buyers want the item to be listed for less value to save money.  If this is discussed, once the shipment is in the shipping companies hands, the transaction is over as I can’t be made whole with insurance at that point if damaged.

This doesn’t even mention buyers remorse which happens more than you would think where someone finds the tiniest almost unnoticeable problem. 

Ok understand where you're coming from, when I ask sellers to open Global shipping I say that as long as the club shipped is as described I accept if it's damaged by the shippers at my cost 👍 out of a100 plus delivered NONE have been damaged by fedex or DHL it's all comes back to the seller telling a load of porkies 🤔 that's Private and Corporate sellers, that's been my experience in the last 5 years or so...

On 6/12/2024 at 10:48 PM, GolfSpy_BNG said:

Then there is custom charges on top of shipping and most international buyers want the item to be listed for less value to save money. 

I've never seen that before, I buy everything after the bidding has stopped as the highest bidder. I've been offered a cheaper price with all watchers if no one bid because it's a high starting price, but custom and GST importing into NZ is paid by me. But I thank one and all for your feedback because I can now express my position better and hopefully the seller will feel comfortable selling to me 😀