I took an extended break from mygolfspy once I retired.  I tried to come back and it didn't seem like the same level of engagement.  Hoping I was just not in the right room.  I am now retired and living in South Carolina.  Over the past 5 years my equipment has changed quit a bit.  I went from a long time Mizuno irons guy to now playing Miura 502s.  I have tried different drivers but I seem to always come back to Ping.  I am a couple model years behind but for me my G400 works just fine.  Putter was an impulse buy that turned out great.  I use the Mizuno M-Craft OMOI 02 putter which in my mind is very underrated.  It replaced the EVNROLL.  Wedges are Vokeys and my 3 wood is the good old Cobra which has been in the bag for 7 years.  

After retirement I bought a house on a golf course and played more than ever in my life.  Health issues caused me to take a step back in frequency and quality of play.  I can still get out and around in the 70s from time to time but those days are becoming more infrequent.  

What chased me away?  The level of disrespect folks tend to extend through the digital format. People will say anything and quick to attack someone in a Forum.  This behavior just wasn't the type of engagement I was looking to experience.  A healthy debate is one thing.  A personal attack is something altogether different.  Again, hoping things have changed.  

Edited by SteddyGolf
spelling

Miura MB 502 Irons

ping G400 Driver

Cobra F7 3 wood

Mizuno putter

Mizuno Wedges. 

Welcome back. I have found that this forum isn't like that and tries to treat everyone with respect. 

How do you like the Miuras?

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

D say there has been significantly more engagement over the past couple of years.  There are still the occasional what you call personal attacks, but it has never been bad or at the level seen on other golf forums.  

welcome back, hope you find what you are looking for.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym AI Smoke Max HL  16.5* w/MCA TENSEI AV Series Blue
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   more-golf-logo.png Render w/VA Composites Baddazz 

Backup Putters:  Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe,  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I am a big fan of the Miuras.  The smaller head and thinner leading edge fit my swing between than the typical design you find today.  They are traditionally lofted which is something I have to explain every time someone asks why I can only hit my 7 iron 155 yards.  

Miura MB 502 Irons

ping G400 Driver

Cobra F7 3 wood

Mizuno putter

Mizuno Wedges. 

Welcome back!  I have to say that in the year I've been here, there is more personal acceptance.  Sure, there are personal opinions and sometimes a heated debate inside a thread,  but for the most part it's very communal here. The very few posts that get dropped into the personal attacks category are quickly subdued and forgotten, or simply moved past onto other topics.

Hope you stick around!

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

Welcome back!! I went through the same thing when I joined a while back. There just wasn't much happening here. So I checked out a couple of the other well known forums. That's where I noticed the "keyboard warriors" the most. It got to the point of not even wanting to make a post for 99% of the replies would be snarky or straight up mean. So I came back to MGS a little over a year ago, and boy has is changed. So much more activity and interaction. Plus, I don't really notice any real "mean" comments or attacks. I've seen a couple people reply with less than polite thoughts, but I just chalk it up to some people are just not nice at their core and we usually shut that down quickly and then move on. But those instances are extremely rare from what I've noticed over the past 14 or so months. I've also found that we the members tend to police that just as much as the Mods do, which I think is a great thing and says a lot about the forum.

Well, welcome back and I hope you stick around with us.

Driver: :mizuno-small: STMax 230 10.5*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
Fairways: :Sub70: 949x 3w / 5w, 15* / 18*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Hybrids: :Sub70: 939x 4h, 21*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 80g Hybrid
Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX923 Hot Metal Pro, 5-GW, UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: S23, 54* & 60*, UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter:
Maltby_Logo.jpg.7f7f2f102dcb7b289e419805910e4aab.jpg Moment X Tour @ 35" & 71*, Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, White/Red
Ball: :maxfli: Tour CG
Technology:
VortexGolf_Logo.jpg.2ad1215c7b1aa2ccf8d062a73bc72142.jpg Anarch Rangefinder, :ShotScope: V5 w/ Tags Shot Tracking.

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/65161-vortex-optics-rangefinders-2024-member-test/?do=findComment&comment=1089247

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/classifieds/ - DON'T FORGET ABOUT THE CLASSIFIEDS!!!!

1 hour ago, SteddyGolf said:

I took an extended break from mygolfspy once I retired.  I tried to come back and it didn't seem like the same level of engagement.  Hoping I was just not in the right room.  I am now retired and living in South Carolina.  Over the past 5 years my equipment has changed quit a bit.  I went from a long time Mizuno irons guy to now playing Miura 502s.  I have tried different drivers but I seem to always come back to Ping.  I am a couple model years behind but for me my G400 works just fine.  Putter was an impulse buy that turned out great.  I use the Mizuno M-Craft OMOI 02 putter which in my mind is very underrated.  It replaced the EVNROLL.  Wedges are Vokeys and my 3 wood is the good old Cobra which has been in the bag for 7 years.  

After retirement I bought a house on a golf course and played more than ever in my life.  Health issues caused me to take a step back in frequency and quality of play.  I can still get out and around in the 70s from time to time but those days are becoming more infrequent.  

What chased me away?  The level of disrespect folks tend to extend through the digital format. People will say anything and quick to attack someone in a Forum.  This behavior just wasn't the type of engagement I was looking to experience.  A healthy debate is one thing.  A personal attack is something altogether different.  Again, hoping things have changed.  

Welcome back to the forum!  I am relatively newer so I missed some of the early on challenges with the forum, but I find it to be a great place with some great people.

I hope you will stick around and find some enjoyment here!

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

1 hour ago, SteddyGolf said:

I am a big fan of the Miuras.  The smaller head and thinner leading edge fit my swing between than the typical design you find today.  They are traditionally lofted which is something I have to explain every time someone asks why I can only hit my 7 iron 155 yards.  

Welcome back… I am jelly of you. I wish I could hit my de-lofted Titleist T-350, 7 iron 155 yards.. 

4 hours ago, SteddyGolf said:

Welcome back! Having been a member for less than a year I can't speak to your previous experiences here. I can say that while I have not witnessed a "personal attack" I have seen some "spirited debate" at times over various topics. This being the case it has not been disrespectful. I would also say that we have had the occasional "troll" come in and attempt to stir the pot. I have found the staff and members to be professional, courteous, and engaging. Hope you stick around and become active in the community.

TSR1, 9*, TPT Nitro 17 Lo

TSR1, 15*, TPT Power Range Fairway 17 Lo 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT Power Range Hybrid 17 Lo 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design - 50 & 54, SteelFiber i95cw S, and Vokey S10 - 46 & 58, SteelFiber i95cw S

Odyssey JAILBIRD 380 Limited Edition

ELIXR (2022), MaxFli Tour S (2024)