Message added by MGS-Forum-Mod,

Find tester's main reviews here!

@gavinski91 - Review

@Willie T - Review

@EnderinAZ - Review

@Rico_de_Gallo - Review

@Cmra1 - Review

@leichliter_jake - Review

Want a discount on Claw gloves? We worked out a special deal for you through this link! Claw Glove MGS Deal! (Use code: MGS for 15% off)

12 hours ago, Rico_de_Gallo said:

I've been lucking out a little on weather .... hopefully playing tomorrow but forecast seems rather enjoyable for a mid-day round in July in San Antonio

image.png.8a2c99cd124423dfd751d9977e219793.png

image.png.a459cd0aef3f1d27751c96c971590b96.png

Weather got worse today .... hopefully things clear up for 9 holes this afternoon

Playing 18 tomorrow though 

Love some good Breakfast Tacos and Biscuits

Driver: :PXG: 0311BlackOps     

Wood: :PXG: 0311 Gen 6, 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons: :PXG: 0311P Gen6,  4 iron - Gap Wedge

Wedges: :PXG: Sugar Daddy II, 52* and 56* 

Putter: :PXG: Battle Ready II, Bat Attack 

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5x

Technology: :Arccos: and :918457628_PrecisionPro:

2024 Caddy Daddy Claw Glove Test

On 7/15/2024 at 9:07 PM, 3Putt4Double said:

Haven't read every comment so don't know if it's been discussed but are the testers having problems with the glove getting extremely slick when it gets wet? Grabbed a cool beverage 😉 with the glove on not thinking about it and it took two holes for it to dry and grip a club again.. Not sure if y'all are having the same issue?

Haven’t tested that specifically, but I wiped my sweaty forehead with the palm of the glove during my last range session (and then tried to wipe the glove dry on my pants leg) and had trouble gripping the club even on 50-yard pitch shots. 

Edited by gavinski91

Driver - :cobra-small:Radspeed XB at 7.5°, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
3 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
5 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Fujikura Motore X F3 6-S
Utility - :mizuno-small: Pro 225 3i, Mitsubishi MMT 105S

Irons - :mizuno-small:Pro 225 4-5, 223 6-PW, KBS $-Taper 120
Wedges - :cobra-small:King Cobra Snakebite 52° & 58°, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 S
Putter - :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black Ten 35"
Ball - :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Powered by :Arccos:

2020 ExPutt Official Review | 2021 Cobra Connect Five Participant | 2023 SuperSpeed Official Review | 2024 Claw Glove Review

First full round yesterday with just one glove in play - the Max…the weather was a slight break in temps and humidity as we several rain storms the night before.  Why the Max?  Because it’s the most like a “traditional” leather glove with the faux suede leather back.  
Rule of the day: use the glove on all shots except putts (even though I did roll a few with it on).  

Results of the day:  the glove remained comfortable throughout play - it did not get sweaty like a regular glove nor was it an issue putting it on or taking it off.  Loss of grip was never an issue as the glove was fresh from the wash….A couple of side notes - I had a random thread try to unravel  right at the wrist seam on hole 17….is this just a random thread issue or a potential for longevity concerns.  (Sorry should have took a picture, but I was playing the Friday men’s scramble - did not think it appropriate to take pictures in the middle of things); although its a bit big, the glove never really fits too loose even after 18 consecutive holes it retained a decent “snuggness” that kept me confident in it doing its job.   Next time out will be with the Pro…..

WITB?:ping-small:  G400 SFT w/Aldila NXT GEN NVS 55 Aflex ; :ping-small: G410 3w; :ping-small: G400 3h(19), 4h(22), 5h(26) - stock Ping Alta CB R-Flex; :edel-golf-1:SMS 6i, 7i - KBS TourLIte 95 R-Flex; Maltby TS1 8i-9i-PW w/Apollo Acculite 85 R flex; INDI FLX-S wedges (50, 54, 58) w/Recoil graphite shafts -R-Flex and :odyssey-small: AI-One 7T BD Milled (aka Millie), ball choice tends to be Pro-V1 or simliar 3pc urethane balls. 

got some updates from a busy few days that I'll gather and get some details in tomorrow

Big points

• -9 holes Thursday with the Max 
  • -18 holes Friday .... 9 with Pro White, 9 with Pro Grey
  • -"rain" testing completed today in the back yard with some help of the family ... getting the pics from my wife.

Will get more details on each tomorrow but big take aways from the rain testing:

• Definetly feels like its lost all grip when touching it with my hand (consistent with all 3)
  • Could tell I was gripping firmer to make up for hit
  • Mental fear that club would just fly out of my hand
  • Could NOT tell if I was losing grip onto the club or if it was just a mental hurdle
  • Feel was a little bit like a wet leather glove

I've got some no bueno weather my way all this week .... hopefully a window happens to get back out there

(also shame on me .... I did not take any pictures of the gloves prior to the rain test to see the wear marks on each after an estimated 500 swings on each glove. I can still see them in some capacity, buy not nearly as evident as with the dirt on there)

Edited by Rico_de_Gallo

On 7/19/2024 at 7:36 PM, gavinski91 said:

Haven’t tested that specifically, but I wiped my sweaty forehead with the palm of the glove during my last range session (and then tried to wipe the glove dry on my pants leg) and had trouble gripping the club even on 50-yard pitch shots. 

My tests show this is not a wet weather glove. I keep a wet towel to wipe the dried dirt off of my ball on the green. It is so hot that when the ball gets dirt on it from landing in the fairway that is damp, by the time the ball is on the green the dirt has turned into a two part epoxy that has fully dried. So my  wet towel breaks down the dirt. Anyway if my glove gets more than just a brushing of this wet towel it becomes very slick and it is very difficult to grip the club securely. 

But....

Sweat from the inside of the glove like a standard leather glove is  a non-issue. It simply does not soak through into the palms of the gloves I have been testing. 

Salt crusting of the index finger inside seam is becoming an issue. This is okay, I am purposely NOT washing out the glove. Currently the Max is at 8 rounds with extreme heat and sweating the Pro White is at 7. I use nexcare absolute waterproof tape to wrap my finger before playing and the glove stretches and returns to normal shape when accommodating that tape wrap. It is supposed to be above 105 all week and I will play or practice every day. We shall see how the glove is after 10+ rounds in this kind of heat. 

I know a Kirkland glove would fail after ten no wash or rinse out rounds. It would simply stiffen and tear out along the sweat dried creases in the leather.  (ah the voice of experience here. )

Driver :taylormade-small: Sim Max2

Hybrids :ping-small: G430 2, 3, 4

Irons :srixon-small: ZX4 6-PW

Wedges :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 50, 54, 58

Putter :odyssey-small: 2Ball Ten ArmLock

Golf cart MGI Zip Navigator

:Arccos:

Interesting on the "wet weather" comments being noted.  Very similar to what I've seen in the work in the backyard as well.   Also - reading about the salt crusting that @EnderinAZ is seeing and how it affects the longevity of the glove will be a great follow. 

WITB?:ping-small:  G400 SFT w/Aldila NXT GEN NVS 55 Aflex ; :ping-small: G410 3w; :ping-small: G400 3h(19), 4h(22), 5h(26) - stock Ping Alta CB R-Flex; :edel-golf-1:SMS 6i, 7i - KBS TourLIte 95 R-Flex; Maltby TS1 8i-9i-PW w/Apollo Acculite 85 R flex; INDI FLX-S wedges (50, 54, 58) w/Recoil graphite shafts -R-Flex and :odyssey-small: AI-One 7T BD Milled (aka Millie), ball choice tends to be Pro-V1 or simliar 3pc urethane balls. 

Played Salishan in Lincoln City over the weekend with my father-in-law. Played pretty well (except for my driver) and shot an 84 from the back tees, leading to a new Low HI of 12.0.

Played the Pro for the front 9, and the Max for the back 9. Max feels a bit looser, and less breathable, but don't know that there was a big difference in how they played. Probably helped that the clouds and fog rolled in for the back 9, so the lack of breathability wasn't an issue.

IMG_2015.jpg.e5256c7c07e58e2b6ff4e041c35fdd19.jpg

Have to admit that I wasn't a huge fan of the black and white blocking on the Max glove when I first unboxed it, but it looks pretty good in play. Also, didn't realize I had the Cantlay RBF when I'm lining up a shot until I saw this picture that my father-in-law took (but I did hit the pin on this shot from 109 yards, so I guess the comparison is pretty apt 😉).

Powered by :Arccos:

2020 ExPutt Official Review | 2021 Cobra Connect Five Participant | 2023 SuperSpeed Official Review | 2024 Claw Glove Review

On 7/21/2024 at 10:30 PM, Rico_de_Gallo said:

got some updates from a busy few days that I'll gather and get some details in tomorrow

Big points

• -9 holes Thursday with the Max 
  • -18 holes Friday .... 9 with Pro White, 9 with Pro Grey
  • -"rain" testing completed today in the back yard with some help of the family ... getting the pics from my wife.

Will get more details on each tomorrow but big take aways from the rain testing:

• Definetly feels like its lost all grip when touching it with my hand (consistent with all 3)
  • Could tell I was gripping firmer to make up for hit
  • Mental fear that club would just fly out of my hand
  • Could NOT tell if I was losing grip onto the club or if it was just a mental hurdle
  • Feel was a little bit like a wet leather glove

I've got some no bueno weather my way all this week .... hopefully a window happens to get back out there

(also shame on me .... I did not take any pictures of the gloves prior to the rain test to see the wear marks on each after an estimated 500 swings on each glove. I can still see them in some capacity, buy not nearly as evident as with the dirt on there)

Following up on the recent outings.....

9 holes with the Max

I spent this round walking and carrying my bag since I didn't want to pay the cart fee while the course was cart path only after some morning rain. The max already has a tendency to feel warmer and make my hand a bit sweatier. This was true for this round, even for just 9 holes. While I still have some small issues putting on the glove (super minor, but consistent), the glove still feels fine for a tighter fitting glove. It wasn't a great scoring round and played tees further back, but glove performed fined and is holding up fine to date.

18 holes split between the Pro White and Pro Grey 

Got to head to a fun course (Hyatt Hill Country Resort with 3 9-hole courses on property). The place was in fantastic shape and the place really emphasizes finding the fairway off the tee as missing likely yields a penalty or just a punch out sideways. (Rough isn't the absolute worst, but thick walls of trees line every hole

As much fun as the day was, the scoring was forgettable (a 94...no PR that day). My swing struggled off the tee and iron play was solid, but not nearly good enough to make up the ground. Oh well. Temperatures were a lovely low 90s to start the round and finished in the upper 90s with the heat index reaching triple digits. 

First 9 with Pro Gray and Back 9 with the Pro White

Both gloves behaved as I come to expect at this point in the testing. Good and comfortable fit with a strong grip. Ventilation is still superior to the Max model.

I did finally get my self into a couple bunkers during the round and I enjoy the feel of the extra grip when I know I need extra speed on a shot.

Issues I had were directly tied to the user (i.e. it was on me, not my equipment). 

image.png.5953444ab1b1198abea5478e216d2fa7.png

Edited by Rico_de_Gallo

Following up on my "rain" testing

Since I can't really expect to play golf in the rain here in San Antonio (although we are getting rain all week so I might actually get a round in some wet weather), I had to get a little creative with some back yard testing with the help of my 6 year old daughter .....

image.png.a786fe75a1477c5417a957232499e5c2.png

image.png.508eb5bd70d7bfe284a66422795f8b51.png

I don't think she quite understood the message of "make it seem like it's raining" as she decided to go full monsoon mode with me. But I did tell her to get me wet and that is what she did. Also I'm not sure how she got the water balloons out, but that was an added suprise element .... hitting shots off the divot board with water balloons coming at my face .... some of the divots 

Overall a very fun and silly way to spend an afternoon with family.... now on to the findings. 

Water Testing Test Plan

Hit foam balls off a divot board in the back yard while my kid sprays me with water. Glove and grips will be soaked. Will have 50 swings with each glove with a 7iron. Shots will replicate the following: Stock shots, punch outs, lower flighted shots suited to poor weather, and the "give it all I have" shots. Divot results will be noted. Finally, will see how long they take to dry and note the post "rain" condition.

Results

Once submerged, all 3 gloves immediately lose the grippiness feeling. The silicone ribbing has nearly zero friction and now resembles the feel of a leather glove.

When hitting balls, I could tell I was adding additional grip strength compared to what I typically use in normal weather

I feel there was a bit of a mental fear that the club would slip out of my hand. I historically don't play a lot of wet weather rounds so I can't not really say if this is a new fear. No club ever slipped out with any of the gloves. 

Once I got some "clean" swings without water balloons coming at me, I don't think I could tell a huge loss in grip on the club itself. Again, this may be due to the added grip strength to counter the fear of having the club slip away.

Overall feel started to be like a wet leather glove.

Divot results were pretty varied.... If I only consider the swings where there wasn't a monsoon or water balloons in my face, it was pretty decent.

• Stock shots were within a decent tolerance of what I would expect from a 7 iron
  • Punch outs were pretty consistent with low point location
  • Lower flighted shots suited to poor weather had a good set out comes ..... although these were done during the "monsoon" portions of testing
  • The "give it all I have" shots had the widest variation in divot results. Low point varied between fats and thins. Generally kept in near the center of the face

Once testing finished, I let the gloves sit outside to dry and all 3 were completely dry within 30 minutes. It was as if they had been though a wash as dirt/wear marks were cleaned off. Once dry, they felt like new gloves again, straight from the package.

Conclusions

Loads of fun to get my family involved in some of the testing and my kid had a blast.

It might just be a mental block, and I know the wetness got to an extreme level, but if you know rain is coming. I would do my best to keep these as dry as possible.

========

I am hoping to play Thursday and it might be a wet round .... will be sure to report back regardless.

@gavinski91 @Willie T @EnderinAZ @Cmra1 @leichliter_jake

Hey fellow testers .... just curious, am I the only one "special" enough to keep getting my fingers caught on the where the mesh meets the stitching of the synthetic leather portion of the Max gloves?

Hope everybody has been enjoying the testing so far

image.png.0e58f868b43ff30c2a51d8a3a83a4181.png

Edited by Rico_de_Gallo

25 minutes ago, Rico_de_Gallo said:

Hey fellow testers .... just curious, am I the only one "special" enough to keep getting my fingers caught on the where the mesh meets the stitching of the synthetic leather portion of the Max gloves?

You are not alone in that. For me it is the thumb, and it is only on the MAX. 

Driver :taylormade-small: Sim Max2

Hybrids :ping-small: G430 2, 3, 4

Irons :srixon-small: ZX4 6-PW

Wedges :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 50, 54, 58

Putter :odyssey-small: 2Ball Ten ArmLock

Golf cart MGI Zip Navigator

:Arccos:

9 hours ago, Rico_de_Gallo said:

I haven’t “yet”….the last being the operative word.  I used the Max in the 9hole super ball yesterday and don’t recall any issues.  Maybe because it’s a “wee bit” large - things don’t get too jammed up.

It's such a minor fix that I almost don't notice it happening at this point, but I've been curious if I am the only one or if others have been having the same thing

Can't say that I've notice it happen, but I don't put my glove on particularly quickly so it could be something that I fix unconsciously.