TESTERS ANNOUNCED: Graphite Design Tour AD Shafts ×

Lab Golf all about the grip?

DaveBrz

My son plays the now discontinued b.2 putter. I gave it a whirl. Not a bad putter. I did not prefer it over my Cameron Newport. What I did like was the press grip. I went to my PGA Superstore and they put one on my Cameron. This was a process all on its own. We finally got it centered. We went out to the putting green in the store and gave it a go. I am not saying it’s the grip but on this day I couldn’t miss. There were a couple Cameron purists there that didn’t think it was right. Their opinions aside I still have it on my putter. From Florida to Chicago it has been used a lot. I have honestly seen my scores go down. It made a great combination for me. I have let friends and strangers try it out. A few made the same change. In the end I believe the grip made a lot of difference. It has now inspired so much confidence that 3 puts (1 per 14 1/2 holes)are so rare per round everyone jokes and asks if I want them to just add 2. Now if they made a special grip for wedges I might get to single digits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would say it is absolutely not ALL about the grip. The forward press grip is but one piece of technology in the L.A.B. Putter. The Lie Angle Balance head, shaft choices, and grip are all engineered to help you make a better putt. They are all areas that for me is proven to work. They have different heads with different levels of MOI, sound, looks, and forgiveness. Different shafts for feel. Different degrees of Press Grip. All combine to make, in my opinion, a superior putter. 

You can put a supercharged 6.4 Hemi engine in a pickup, but that doesn’t make it a Challenger Hellcat. Just the engine doesn’t make it a TRX. It may perform better than it did because it is real technology, but it will still lack the suspension and other components to make it perform the same as a TRX, and it will never be a Challenger HellCat.

I’d rather have a PowerWagon, but drive a Chevy because I don’t like to wait for my truck to be repaired. Totally different argument. 🤣

I can totally understand how the Press Grip improves your putting. There are real benefits to endure your hands are leading the head at impact, but I would say it’s not ALL in the grip. 

:callaway-small: Paradym 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430 MAX 3W  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:taylormade-small: SIM2 Rescue 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:taylormade-small: GAPR Mid 4 on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:taylormade-small: P790 Black 5-G on :kbs: TGI 80S 

:mizuno-small: ES21 54° & 58° on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

• 3 weeks later...

The Cameron was already a great putter for me. Adding the LAB grip made it even better. While I kind of understand where you were going I would say putting the TRX engine in a RAM doesn’t make it a TRX but does make the RAM a lot more fun as the added performance is there. I wasn’t trying to make a new driver or wedge. In the same manner the grip improved my putting. I was fit for the Cameron. It has been great. I have the ability to try clubs and accessories as I want. This was a curiosity that worked and made a difference. I was out the little money I spent if it didn’t. I have been playing a long time. I have been a better player and a worse player. I play twice a week or as customer’s would like. It did make a huge difference for me. The LAB with the LAB grip did not. I my hope is that other players who have the means try things. I’m not a purist and am not sponsored. I play what helps me play my best. I owe it to no one to do it any other way.