Vice Golf Irons - 2024 Forum Review

Message added by MGS-Forum-Mod,

Follow our testers main posts in the links below!

@Tom the Golf Nut - Main Post 

@dback - Main Post 

@gingerbeast87 - Main Post 

@Splatt - Main Post

5 minutes ago, dabobert said:

Congrats testers!!!! I can't wait to read about what ya'll think about them!!🤩

Cheers buddy, been a good process so far with the virtual fitting. We are all just waiting for the clubs to be hand built in Munich and shipped out to us. Should only be 2-4 weeks until they start arriving!

Ryan Gardiner 

Driver: Wilson Deep Red Maxx

Woods: 3W Cobra speedzone

Hybrid: 4H Cobra Speedzone

Irons: Cobra King F8 5-9, PW, GW

Wedges: Rife RX7 60:8 & 56:12

Putter: Odyssey White Hot Pro Hammer

• GolfSpy_APH changed the title to Vice Golf Irons - 2024 Forum Review

Got a nice little surprise email from Vice today. They are sending me 2 boxes of Vice Golf Pro Air balls and a Vice golf Pure white gloves. 

This absolutely made my day 😁😁😁😁 thank you Vice!!!!

Ryan Gardiner 

Got the same email this morning, great way to start off the week!

image.png.befd31e6f97a5fd4abf8c77e0e990154.png

Driver: Cobra LTDx, HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 60x, 9 Degree 

3 Wood:  Taylormade M2 (2019)

Hybrids:  Callaway Epic Super Hybrid 21 degree, Mizuno JPX Fli-Hi 4

Irons:  Vice VGI01s 5-pw (Vice VGI01 Review,)

Wedges:  Taylormade Milled Grind

Putter:  Odyssey #7

Ball: Vice Pro Plus, Taylormade Tp5x, Kirkland 

Shotscope v3 and 18birdies (never play a round without them!)

Garmin r10 for range sessions and winter garage golf

Push Cart Mafia - Clicgear 4.0  (See more here)

Oooohhhhh looking at a Friday delivery folks!!!

This will either be the balls or the clubs either way exciting times!!

Screenshot_20240708-173630.png.ff4fd7b0e2b1c5a69daea0d119ff3d22.png

Ryan Gardiner 

I added my thoughts on testing in my main thread.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:vice: Irons, Vice VGI01 Mitsubishi Wiz 60-gram regular flex (6 - PW)

:vice: VGW01, 50 Degree. Mitsubishi Wiz 60-gram regular flex, 

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

Putter, Sacks Parente Drac Center Shafted 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

Is it strange that I'm almost as excited about the testers getting their irons and for them to start using them as they probably are? Not sure why these irons are speaking to me so much more than others, but they are.

Driver: :mizuno-small: STMax 230 10.5*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
Fairways: :Sub70: 949x 3w / 5w, 15* / 18*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Hybrids: :Sub70: 939x 4h, 21*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 80g Hybrid
Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX923 Hot Metal Pro, 5-GW, UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: S23, 54* & 60*, UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter:
Maltby_Logo.jpg.7f7f2f102dcb7b289e419805910e4aab.jpg Moment X Tour @ 35" & 71*, Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, White/Red
Ball: :maxfli: Tour CG
Technology:
VortexGolf_Logo.jpg.2ad1215c7b1aa2ccf8d062a73bc72142.jpg Anarch Rangefinder, :ShotScope: V5 w/ Tags Shot Tracking.

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/65161-vortex-optics-rangefinders-2024-member-test/?do=findComment&comment=1089247
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/66852-unofficial-review-tpi-virtual-assessment
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/classifieds/ - DON'T FORGET ABOUT THE CLASSIFIEDS!!!

On 7/12/2024 at 9:39 AM, gingerbeast87 said:

IMG_20240712_143442207.jpg.27be3113a9bd285db52bcc5771a52e14.jpgHad a nice delivery from Vice today.  Thank you vice for the balls and the gloves. Look forward to using them alongside the clubs when they arrive.

My package is currently delayed due to weather. So they say!

It hasn't moved since the 10th. Funny though, Puma sent me a pair of shoes from the same location in CA the same day with the same carrier and they showed up on Friday.

Maybe tomorrow I'll get an update. 

12 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

My package is currently delayed due to weather. So they say!

It hasn't moved since the 10th. Funny though, Puma sent me a pair of shoes from the same location in CA the same day with the same carrier and they showed up on Friday.

Maybe tomorrow I'll get an update. 

Ours must be on the same truck! My shipping page says weather exception and there hasn’t been any movement since 

Driver: Cobra LTDx, HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 60x, 9 Degree 

3 Wood:  Taylormade M2 (2019)

Hybrids:  Callaway Epic Super Hybrid 21 degree, Mizuno JPX Fli-Hi 4

Irons:  Vice VGI01s 5-pw (Vice VGI01 Review,)

Wedges:  Taylormade Milled Grind

Putter:  Odyssey #7

Ball: Vice Pro Plus, Taylormade Tp5x, Kirkland 

Shotscope v3 and 18birdies (never play a round without them!)

Garmin r10 for range sessions and winter garage golf

Push Cart Mafia - Clicgear 4.0  (See more here)

On 7/10/2024 at 1:17 PM, Shrek74 said:

Is it strange that I'm almost as excited about the testers getting their irons and for them to start using them as they probably are? Not sure why these irons are speaking to me so much more than others, but they are.

I tried to hold out, but as usual, I failed. I ordered a 50* wedge from Vice to go with my set.  Maybe I'm just slightly excited.🤩

6 hours ago, LeakyValve said:

@gingerbeast87 pretty sweet that they sent along some extra goodies for you!!

I know right! I'm holding off using them until the clubs arrive. The glove feels of really good quality. 

Ryan Gardiner 

5 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I tried to hold out, but as usual, I failed. I ordered a 50* wedge from Vice to go with my set.  Maybe I'm just slightly excited.🤩

Hopefully they all arrive at the same time so you can enjoy them as a set from the get go!

Ryan Gardiner 

6 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Starting off the morning with a little sunshine. The shipment from Vice, (balls and glove) have started moving again. Should arrive on the 18th. But as luck would have it, I leave to go to Ohio for a golf tournament on the 18th. 
Hot off the press…… I just notice a shipping label was created by Vice. It could only be the clubs. 🤗 woohooo.

Niiiiiice! No such email for me just yet. Compulsively checking the email inbox every half hour 🤣🤣

Ryan Gardiner 

9 minutes ago, gingerbeast87 said:

Niiiiiice! No such email for me just yet. Compulsively checking the email inbox every half hour 🤣🤣

I didn’t get an email. I was on Fed Ex  in the advanced tracking and saw it. You can create a free account. Then log in and it gives you much more detail. Past packages, current, and once a label is created.

On 7/12/2024 at 9:39 AM, gingerbeast87 said:

IMG_20240712_143442207.jpg.27be3113a9bd285db52bcc5771a52e14.jpgHad a nice delivery from Vice today.  Thank you vice for the balls and the gloves. Look forward to using them alongside the clubs when they arrive.

I tested the Vice Pro Air and loved them. I hope you enjoy them as much as I did.

PXG 0211

15* Taylormade Sim 2 max

18* hybrid (Taylormade)

22* hybrid (Adams)

25* hybrid (Tour edge)

irons - Callaway Big Bertha 2002 (It's a long story!)

Putter - Odyssey AI one 2 ball DB 35¨

On 6/24/2024 at 12:01 PM, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Decisions, decisions, decisions. I went with the red trim which has the club numbers in red as well. I also selected a Whiz Graphite 60g Mitsubishi black shaft.

... Shocked is a pretty strong word but that's what I was, shocked you selected 60gm irons shafts. Knowing what I think I know about your game that seems crazy light. I tried demoing 75gm iron shafts and it was like swinging air. I am gonna be very interested in how these work out for you. 👍

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:   :taylormade-small:   Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'Li Blue 70r
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        G430 Hybrid 22*... Alta Hy70r 
Irons:       :taylormade-small:    P770 5-pw ... Steelfiber i80r
                  :taylormade-small:    TP UDi 4 ... Steelfiber i80r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small:     MG3 46*/50*/54* MG4 58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :EVNROLL:     Custom 5.1 (no alignment)  33" 
Ball:          :taylormade-small:     '24 TP5x/Maxfli Tour X 

1 hour ago, chisag said:

... Shocked is a pretty strong word but that's what I was, shocked you selected 60gm irons shafts. Knowing what I think I know about your game that seems crazy light. I tried demoing 75gm iron shafts and it was like swinging air. I am gonna be very interested in how these work out for you. 👍

Actually that’s what I was fit into during the Cobra Challenge as well but Cobra sent me what they wanted (Recoil 95 ) I’ve tried for a year to get along with them. My sub 70’s have 65 gram and they play much better. 

4 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

It’s go time for me. Clubs are in hand. I’ve been traveling since 3 am but I couldn’t hold out. My unboxing video has been taken as well as some glamor shots. I’ll get it on YouTube and put the link either later today or tomorrow.  Trying to hold back because I am really tired, but I did turn on the simulator so I could hit the 7 iron against the Cobra King Tours and the Sub 70 - 699 Pro’s. I’ll save the data gathering for another day. But you know what I noticed immediately, the strike location on the clubface.  My miss is always toward the toe. Not out on the toe but toward the edge of the sweet spot. Also lower on the grooves. 
I hit 7 shots with each club just to see how the ball felt off of each clubface. Then I looked at the face of the Vice clubs.

IMG_0949.jpeg.75f875bb7126ba7114f695ffb3823222.jpeg

If you look close you can see the ball marks. Interesting!!! They are where they are supposed to be.  I’m getting excited to go hit some balls on the range and play this weekend.

That’s a nice start with them…enjoy!

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Sim Ti 3 wood

Titleist U505 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons (4-PW)

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

31 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

It’s go time for me. Clubs are in hand. I’ve been traveling since 3 am but I couldn’t hold out. My unboxing video has been taken as well as some glamor shots. I’ll get it on YouTube and put the link either later today or tomorrow.  Trying to hold back because I am really tired, but I did turn on the simulator so I could hit the 7 iron against the Cobra King Tours and the Sub 70 - 699 Pro’s. I’ll save the data gathering for another day. But you know what I noticed immediately, the strike location on the clubface.  My miss is always toward the toe. Not out on the toe but toward the edge of the sweet spot. Also lower on the grooves. 
I hit 7 shots with each club just to see how the ball felt off of each clubface. Then I looked at the face of the Vice clubs.

IMG_0949.jpeg.75f875bb7126ba7114f695ffb3823222.jpeg

If you look close you can see the ball marks. Interesting!!! They are where they are supposed to be.  I’m getting excited to go hit some balls on the range and play this weekend.

That's a clean looking club face with the exception of those nasty ball marks in the center. I am l looking forward to seeing how they perform for you on the course. 

1 hour ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

My normal routine for testing is to do some range work first. Get used to the clubs and compare but the range was closed due to all the rain we had recently. The tee sheet was full so if I wanted to play today I had to be on the course by 7am. 
Now the decision comes in to play. Go right with the Vice irons or not. Really, was there a decision? Right in the bag they went. The only real decision was “do I remove the Cobra 5 hybrid and put in the 5 iron”. First let me say I’m not very consistent with my other 5 irons. But I’m testing right.

I got to the course at 7am and went right to the tee box. My drive was on today so I was left with full iron shots into greens.

First impressions:

I know they used a lot of data while designing these clubs. But what they achieved is fantastic. The balance and the way the ball feels coming off the club face is different than any of my other clubs. The sound is wonderful. At no point did it feel like the club face wanted to rotate open. 
I showed the clubs to our golf Pro and as soon as a lefty version is available he wants to order a set.

I did have an opportunity to hit every club during the course of play. They all felt good and the shots had a high straight flight. I couldn’t take a lot of photos because the course was busy but you gota   see this.

On a dog leg left par 4 I hit a seven iron to the centerer of the fairway. Now at the turn, I had a  5 iron distance left, what the heck. I pulled the 5 and put a good stroke on it. It was a nice high shot heading toward the flag and landing on the green. A fluke ? So I dropped a ball and hit another. Hmmm I dropped a third and hit.

IMG_0950.jpeg.4ee8821de3aed9538978390289705aa1.jpeg

I am comfortable saying that the hybrid might just find a home in the closet for a bit.  It was a really fun round with these irons. Starting off with a three under par 69 really is showing me the potential. 

The only negative thing I found so far was that with the new red grips a little color transferred to my glove. I’m sure that will stop after a little use. 

My unboxing is up with a couple photos in my main post.

Very nice shots…and consistent!

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Sim Ti 3 wood

Titleist U505 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons (4-PW)

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

1 hour ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

My normal routine for testing is to do some range work first. Get used to the clubs and compare but the range was closed due to all the rain we had recently. The tee sheet was full so if I wanted to play today I had to be on the course by 7am. 
Now the decision comes in to play. Go right with the Vice irons or not. Really, was there a decision? Right in the bag they went. The only real decision was “do I remove the Cobra 5 hybrid and put in the 5 iron”. First let me say I’m not very consistent with my other 5 irons. But I’m testing right.

I got to the course at 7am and went right to the tee box. My drive was on today so I was left with full iron shots into greens.

First impressions:

I know they used a lot of data while designing these clubs. But what they achieved is fantastic. The balance and the way the ball feels coming off the club face is different than any of my other clubs. The sound is wonderful. At no point did it feel like the club face wanted to rotate open. 
I showed the clubs to our golf Pro and as soon as a lefty version is available he wants to order a set.

I did have an opportunity to hit every club during the course of play. They all felt good and the shots had a high straight flight. I couldn’t take a lot of photos because the course was busy but you gota   see this.

On a dog leg left par 4 I hit a seven iron to the centerer of the fairway. Now at the turn, I had a  5 iron distance left, what the heck. I pulled the 5 and put a good stroke on it. It was a nice high shot heading toward the flag and landing on the green. A fluke ? So I dropped a ball and hit another. Hmmm I dropped a third and hit.

IMG_0950.jpeg.4ee8821de3aed9538978390289705aa1.jpeg

I am comfortable saying that the hybrid might just find a home in the closet for a bit.  It was a really fun round with these irons. Starting off with a three under par 69 really is showing me the potential. 

The only negative thing I found so far was that with the new red grips a little color transferred to my glove. I’m sure that will stop after a little use. 

My unboxing is up with a couple photos in my main post.

Sounds like you're "livin' on a prayer" with these irons already. 😄

Driver: :mizuno-small: STMax 230 10.5*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
Fairways: :Sub70: 949x 3w / 5w, 15* / 18*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Hybrids: :Sub70: 939x 4h, 21*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 80g Hybrid
Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX923 Hot Metal Pro, 5-GW, UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: S23, 54* & 60*, UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter:
Maltby_Logo.jpg.7f7f2f102dcb7b289e419805910e4aab.jpg Moment X Tour @ 35" & 71*, Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, White/Red
Ball: :maxfli: Tour CG
Technology:
VortexGolf_Logo.jpg.2ad1215c7b1aa2ccf8d062a73bc72142.jpg Anarch Rangefinder, :ShotScope: V5 w/ Tags Shot Tracking.

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/65161-vortex-optics-rangefinders-2024-member-test/?do=findComment&comment=1089247
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/66852-unofficial-review-tpi-virtual-assessment
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/classifieds/ - DON'T FORGET ABOUT THE CLASSIFIEDS!!!