Xander Schauffele

2 hours ago, TommyA said:

Odyssey better start making more of the Xander putter!!!  Going to sell all they can make!!😁

Β 

And this is the stupid thing golfers do;Β  buy equipment used by a PGA tour winner.Β  Just because it works for Xander doesn't mean it will work for you.Β Β 

Driver:Β  :ping-small:Β G400 Max 9* w/ KBSΒ Tour Driven
Fairway:Β :callaway-logo-1:Β Paradym AI Smoke Max HLΒ  16.5* w/MCA TENSEI AV Series Blue
Hybrids:Β  :titelist-small:Β 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β Β :titelist-small:Β 915HΒ  24* Β w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid PrototypeΒ  Β  Β  Β Β 
Irons:Β  Β  Β  :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge: Β :titleist-small:Β 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter: Β Β more-golf-logo.pngΒ Render w/VA Composites BaddazzΒ 

Backup Putters: Β Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe, Β :odyssey-small:Β Milled Collection RSX 2

Member:Β  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Β 

Can they sell it? Β Technically it’s a Toulon design and I thought they split

Β 

NVM- appears that both Odyssey and Toulon are trying to sell them after the PGA. Β You can still preorder it from Toulon but odyssey is sold out.Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

What is in my Ghost MGS anyday MaverickΒ or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver: Β  Callaway Smoke AI TD Max 8.5* with an Aretera Alpha One Blue 55/4Β shaft @ 44.75” or GD VF 5s @45”

Fairway:Β :srixon-small:Β F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

Β :srixon-small:Β F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

:titleist-small:Β TSR2 7 wood shaft TBD

Driving Iron:Β :ping-small:Β Rapture 2-IronΒ 

Irons:Β :taylormade-small:Β P790 Aged Copper 4-PW with Steelfiber I95 R

Wedges: Β  Β :mizuno-small:Β T22 copper 50* and 54* with Steelfiber 95 S

Putter:Β :cameron-small:Β 2024 Phantom 5.5 @ 34”

4 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Β 

And this is the stupid thing golfers do;Β  buy equipment used by a PGA tour winner.Β  Just because it works for Xander doesn't mean it will work for you.Β Β 

They always have and will continue to do so. Β  You’re correct! Β But it is what it is! The Manufacturers know this all too well!! Β  The jealousy of the others in your group when you pull out your new weapon and make an extra putt or 2πŸ˜‚ !!Β 
Thank goodness we have MY GOLF SPY, Β TO POINT US IN THE BEST DIRECTION FOR OUR EQUIPMENT NEEDS!!

Keep it up!!πŸ‘

Mixed Bag!

TAYLORMADE/CALLAWAY/SRIXON/ CLEVELAND/SCOTTY.

Xanders switched putters a few times in the last 18 months or so. He’s only had this putter in his hand for less than 6 of those.

It’s a prototype putter so it’s not even at retail now. Not saying they wouldn’t try to capitalize on it but there’s a chance they don’t and I would put it at 50/50 at best.

It’s not like putter that Koepka used to win 4 majors which was already a retail get discontinued model that then saw an increase demand to get a hold of one.

Β 

Edited by RickyBobby_PR
12 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Xanders switched putters a few times in the last 18 months or so. He’s only had this putter in his hand for less than 6 of those.

It’s a prototype putter so it’s not even at retail now. Not saying they wouldn’t try to capitalize on it but there’s a chance they don’t and I would put it at 50/50 at best.

It’s not like putter that Koepka used to win 4 majors which was already a retail get discontinued model that then saw an increase demand to get a hold of one.

Β 

They absolutely are trying to capitalize on it. It was available and sold out quick on callaway and Toulon is still taking pre-orders to be available in September. The Toulon one will be built to his exact specs not sure on the odyssey one

Β 

Β 

Β 

Driver: Β  Callaway Smoke AI TD Max 8.5* with an Aretera Alpha One Blue 55/4Β shaft @ 44.75” or GD VF 5s @45”

14 minutes ago, GolfSpy_BNG said:

They absolutely are trying to capitalize on it. It was available and sold out quick on callaway and Toulon is still taking pre-orders to be available in September. The Toulon one will be built to his exact specs not sure on the odyssey one

The initial release was for 263. Most limited release golf items sell out because there is a segment of the collector community who want a limited release. Within that community is a number of people who are looking to flip for a profit.

I don’t see a link on Callaway/odyseey website to pre order. So if they are trying to capitalize on it they aren’t making it easy to find. Not granted I just did a search for Xander schauffele which took me to the sold our limited release and when I went to the Toulon putters it wasn’t there eitherΒ 

If they are doing a mass release of the putter not sure it sells as well as if they keep it to a limited release.Β 

37 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

The initial release was for 263. Most limited release golf items sell out because there is a segment of the collector community who want a limited release. Within that community is a number of people who are looking to flip for a profit.

I don’t see a link on Callaway/odyseey website to pre order. So if they are trying to capitalize on it they aren’t making it easy to find. Not granted I just did a search for Xander schauffele which took me to the sold our limited release and when I went to the Toulon putters it wasn’t there eitherΒ 

If they are doing a mass release of the putter not sure it sells as well as if they keep it to a limited release.Β 

I never said anything about mass production. Both odyssey and Toulon tried to capitalize on Xanders pga win and more than likely will do it again. Limited Edition or not they did it. Toulon was also limited edition and currently unavailable(could have sworn it was clickable the first time I looked) but I wouldn’t be a bit surprised if they do another limited run at the least. Might even bring something similar to retail but who knowsΒ 

Β 

Β 

Β 

58 minutes ago, GolfSpy_BNG said:

Spot on!! Β I was combining the 2, Odyssey and Toulon under the Callaway name. Β They won’t make enough to satisfy demand. Β We’re a fickle bunch us golfers!

Β 

Mixed Bag!

TAYLORMADE/CALLAWAY/SRIXON/ CLEVELAND/SCOTTY.

11 hours ago, GolfSpy_BNG said:

I never said anything about mass production. Both odyssey and Toulon tried to capitalize on Xanders pga win and more than likely will do it again. Limited Edition or not they did it. Toulon was also limited edition and currently unavailable(could have sworn it was clickable the first time I looked) but I wouldn’t be a bit surprised if they do another limited run at the least. Might even bring something similar to retail but who knowsΒ 

We have different definitions of capitalize. From a business standpoint selling a couple hundred putters makes them a little chunk of change. Capitalizing to me is getting Β it into the hands of as many people as possible.Β 

It's hard to argue with Scheffler's wins and top-10 finishes, but Xander is right there behind him. I'll take Scheffler's record this season, but I think Xander's game is better suited to long-term success. I suspect that even with Scheffler's success to date, the lack of balance in his swing will become problematic as he ages.

Still swinging after all these years

17 hours ago, cnosil said:

Β 

I very happy I never followed the crowd by using brands tied to winners like:

eating wheaties
jenner-wheaties.jpg.771cfd027b2c7c0c23e8e8b1260dce86.jpg

drinking gatorade
Gatorade.jpg.0218863fd5370f6ad96f68ab5c80d240.jpg

wishing for air jordans
jordan.jpg.85014ce4c1d4a2c3078e940b66961877.jpg

drinking raw eggs
rocky.jpg.9a690f133e2ae9ca47f28396c0d8bd5a.jpg

oh, wait a minute, I fell for all that hook, line and sinker.Β 
Now where can I get a Xander putter?Β πŸ˜€
Β 

Β 

Driver - Stix Compete
7W - :ping-small:Β G5
9W -Β :callaway-small:Β Big Bertha War Bird
5H/SW -Β :callaway-small:EdgeΒ 
6H -Β :ping-small:Β G15
5-PW -Β :macgregor-small: MT-86 OS
56 - Kirkland SignatureΒ 
Putter -Β :odyssey-small: White Hot Pro

What a win by Xander!! To shoot 65 in the final round of a major - The Open, was quite impressive.Β Β 

Shauffele's coaching change to Chris Como is certainly paying off finally winning a major, now 2 in one year.Β  Great playing, Great Caddy, it was Great to watch!Β β›³

Titleist T200 Irons - 5i thru Gap Wedge - Stiff AMT Black

Callaway PARADYM X 9.0 with Hazrdous X Black 6.0 Stiff Shaft

Fairway Woods:Β  Callaway Maverick 3W &Β RazrX Black 5W - Stiff Flex

Rescue:Β  Apex 4 (22 degree )- Recoil 75H stiff flexΒ 

Wedges: Titleist SM8 - 54 (D Grind)Β wedge flex;Β SM8 58(M grind) wedge flex

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X5.5

Ball: Titleist ProV1

Handicap: 0

17 hours ago, cnosil said:

Β 

While true I think we golfers arent special in that regard....so i expanded your statement a bit.....

And this is the stupid thing everybody does with countless products, buy something because a famous person uses it.Β  Just because a celebrity uses something doesnt mean it will work for you or make you look like them (without a copious amount of photoshopping! πŸ˜„ )

My first fail was the cologne adverts by Joe Namath back in the 70's. They didnt work for me as well as they did Joe!!

Modern Bag:Β Β :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;Β  Β :titelist-small:Β  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex; :callaway-logo-1: Mavrik 18* 5w;Β  :mizuno-small: JPX 919 HM Pro 4i;Β Β :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;Β  Edison 2.0Β 49*, 53*, 57*Β KBS Tour 120 S;Β Β Β :ping-small:Β  Heppler Fetch;Β  Ball - :Snell:Β MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition!Β 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:Β  Driver - :wilson_staff_small:Β Persimmon;Β 3w - :Hogan:Β Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small:Β Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;Β  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

Xander played really well in all of the majors this year…yet still never picked him for the pool!

Have received multiple emails today about β€œupgrading” my equipment to what he plays…gotta love advertising!

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

Shefflers season is still very impressive with wins but the key for me is that he is always on or near the leaderboard in every tournament (US open exception)

Ping G425 LST Driver

Ping G425 3 Wood

Ping G425 19deg Hybrid

Ping G430 irons 5-P, 45, 50

Taylormade MG3 wedges 54, 58

Ping Ketch Putter 34”

I'm a little surprised he doesn't win more regular tour events but when he is on then he's borderline unbeatable.Β 

You can tell he really worked on gaining distance and he's got a beautifully majestic swing; look forward to seeing him in the winner's circle more.

Driver-Β  Titleist Β TSR3 10*
Woods-
CobraΒ Β LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*
Irons-Β Titleist 718 AP2Β (5i-50*)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- WilsonΒ Infinite Grant Park
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- MotocaddyΒ M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- MotocaddyΒ Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

Β