PXG Gen 7 Irons - 2024 Forum Review

19 minutes ago, Lefty11 said:

@GolfSpy AFG, @Josh Parker and @Coulter

Fantastic work! It’s been fun watching the testing process.

Thank you! The response from everyone has been awesome to see!

I have a cobra rad speed driver, cobra fly z 3 and 5 wood, PXG 0311 P Gen 7 irons (4-GW), 54&58 degree Sub70 246 wedges, Tommy Armour #2 wide blade putter. When I’m playing to keep score I typically play the Maxfli Tour X. When just getting a round in with friends or scrambling I play whatever I might find on the course or might find at the bottom of my bag.

Just now, Lefty11 said:

Keep firing darts at those flags! 😀 I bet you’ll fire that you’re low round soon. 

I have a couple months left to hit my break 70 goal for the year. 

Titleist GT3 11* Tensei 1k blue

Titleist TSR2 4w 16*

Titleist TSR2 5w 18.75*

MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

Vokey SM9 Wedges 50* 54* 58*

DF2.1 Putter

Just now, Josh Parker said:

You play a lot more than me but maybe we could have us a challenge? I try to break 80 before you break 70?

I have a cobra rad speed driver, cobra fly z 3 and 5 wood, PXG 0311 P Gen 7 irons (4-GW), 54&58 degree Sub70 246 wedges, Tommy Armour #2 wide blade putter. When I’m playing to keep score I typically play the Maxfli Tour X. When just getting a round in with friends or scrambling I play whatever I might find on the course or might find at the bottom of my bag.

4 minutes ago, Coulter said:

You play a lot more than me but maybe we could have us a challenge? I try to break 80 before you break 70?

What do you propose?

Titleist TSR2 4w 16*

Titleist TSR2 5w 18.75*

DF2.1 Putter

@Josh Parker I’m not sure I’ll take suggestions. We have until the end of December 31 to reach our goal. If neither of us do we both donate to MGS. If only one of us breaks our goal then that person doesn’t have to donate. Whoever gets their goal 1st the other owes a dozen golf balls? (My gamer is Maxfli Tour x and I believe I’ve seen you game the same?) again open to suggestions from anyone! 

Edited by Coulter

Maxfli Tour X! 🤤. I’ve been wanting to try those.  I just haven’t gone states side  in ages.  

PXG 0211

15* Taylormade Sim 2 max

18* hybrid (Taylormade)

22* hybrid (Adams)

25* hybrid (Tour edge)

irons - Callaway Big Bertha 2002 (It's a long story!)

Putter - Odyssey AI one 2 ball DB 35¨

5 minutes ago, Coulter said:

@Josh Parker I’m not sure I’ll take suggestions. We have until the end of December 31 to reach our goal. If neither of us do we both donate to MGS. If only one of us breaks our goal then that person doesn’t have to donate. Whoever gets their goal 1st the other owes a dozen golf balls? (My gamer is Maxfli Tour x and I believe I’ve seen you game the same?) again open to suggestions from anyone! 

Sounds good to me. 

Titleist TSR2 4w 16*

Titleist TSR2 5w 18.75*

DF2.1 Putter

3 minutes ago, Josh Parker said:

Sounds good to me. 

You ok with waiting until tomorrow morning to see if anyone has suggestions or want to call it a deal now? 

4 minutes ago, Coulter said:

You ok with waiting until tomorrow morning to see if anyone has suggestions or want to call it a deal now? 

I'm good to wait. Let's see what folks throw out. 

Titleist TSR2 4w 16*

Titleist TSR2 5w 18.75*

DF2.1 Putter

Between this and the lab and the cart bags, going to be tough to choose a best of down the road!

And it looks like a gauntlet challengr has been thrown !

Too bad you both weren't close together!  A live version match would be awesome

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

Just now, Rob Person said:

And it looks like a gauntlet challengr has been thrown !

Now this would have been a blast!  

Titleist TSR2 4w 16*

Titleist TSR2 5w 18.75*

DF2.1 Putter

36 minutes ago, Coulter said:

Sounds like it’s on gents! Good luck!!

Play like a champion today!

1 hour ago, Josh Parker said:

Get er dun

58 minutes ago, Coulter said:

Ooooo I would bet on that 

Driver - Ping G410+ LA golf 65S

3wood - Ping G400 Aldia green 75S

5 wood - Ping G410 Aldia 75S

4-pw Iron - TM M3 steel fiber  i110

Ping Glide 3.0 - 50, 54, 58 Nippon 115

Odyssey O-Works 2-ball

ProV1x

14 minutes ago, Javs said:

Sounds like it’s on gents! Good luck!!

Who is setting the line?

Odyssey O-Works 2-ball

ProV1x

5 minutes ago, Javs said:

Which one of them wants it more?

I don't know that either is easy for a set skill level.  I would probably give the edge to break 80 as it at least allows a few mistakes as opposed to minus 3.  

I want it pretty dang bad though!

Titleist TSR2 4w 16*

Titleist TSR2 5w 18.75*

DF2.1 Putter

6 minutes ago, Josh Parker said:

I don't know that either is easy for a set skill level.  I would probably give the edge to break 80 as it at least allows a few mistakes as opposed to minus 3.  

I want it pretty dang bad though!

I agree with your logic. I wanted to hear you say you want it! Go get it!!

53 minutes ago, Coulter said:

If you both don't make it, you both donate.

The person who doesn't, or does it second, donates for.both, and gives a gift certificate to the other's wife for a mani/pedi for putting up with our golf addiction.

Driver: :mizuno-small: STMax 230 10.5*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
Fairways: :Sub70: 949x 3w / 5w, 15* / 18*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Hybrids: :Sub70: 939x 4h, 21*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 80g Hybrid
Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX923 Hot Metal Pro, 5-GW, UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: S23, 54* & 60*, UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter:
Maltby_Logo.jpg.7f7f2f102dcb7b289e419805910e4aab.jpg Moment X Tour @ 35" & 71*, Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, White/Red
Ball: :maxfli: Tour CG
Technology:
VortexGolf_Logo.jpg.2ad1215c7b1aa2ccf8d062a73bc72142.jpg Anarch Rangefinder, :ShotScope: V5 w/ Tags Shot Tracking.

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/65161-vortex-optics-rangefinders-2024-member-test/?do=findComment&comment=1089247
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/66852-unofficial-review-tpi-virtual-assessment
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/classifieds/ - DON'T FORGET ABOUT THE CLASSIFIEDS!!!

51 minutes ago, Rob Person said:

That would be awesome! I never get to actually play with good players so I definitely would’ve got the chance to learn a thing or 2!

17 minutes ago, Javs said:

I want it pretty bad now that it’s out there for everyone to see 😂

11 minutes ago, Josh Parker said:

That’s true but I can’t seem to get out of my own way most of the time and plan to play some courses that I’ve never played before the year is up. It’ll be fun either way and my MLM2Pro is about to get a lot more time in!

30 minutes ago, Javs said:

I think they both want it more..hehehe…but the Cantankerous Coulter is closer

Odyssey O-Works 2-ball

ProV1x

7 hours ago, Medfloat said:

I think they both want it more..hehehe…but the Cantankerous Coulter is closer

He is closer... 

I'll take the underdog status with these PXG irons all day long!

Titleist TSR2 4w 16*

Titleist TSR2 5w 18.75*

DF2.1 Putter

1 hour ago, Josh Parker said:

He is closer... 

I'll take the underdog status with these PXG irons all day long!

You like them THAAAAT much ehh?  I knew you did!  

Odyssey O-Works 2-ball

ProV1x

Just an update I’ve been struggling on the course with the 4&5 irons off the deck for some reason so I decided to get out the launch monitor today and get some work in with the 5 iron only. I was only able to get 30 shots in alternating shots with my son but just didn’t have it today. The highest shot I could get off the ground was 46 feet and just no distance at all. 
Off a tee this hasn’t been a problem at all so not sure what exactly the problem is. I’ll probably be sending in a few videos to my coach on Skillest to see what he recommends because this hasn’t really been a problem for the most part lately. 

14 minutes ago, Coulter said:

Just an update I’ve been struggling on the course with the 4&5 irons off the deck for some reason so I decided to get out the launch monitor today and get some work in with the 5 iron only. I was only able to get 30 shots in alternating shots with my son but just didn’t have it today. The highest shot I could get off the ground was 46 feet and just no distance at all. 
Off a tee this hasn’t been a problem at all so not sure what exactly the problem is. I’ll probably be sending in a few videos to my coach on Skillest to see what he recommends because this hasn’t really been a problem for the most part lately. 

Ball position........??

17 minutes ago, Coulter said:

Get your coach a video or two. Could just be a simple solution. 

Titleist TSR2 4w 16*

Titleist TSR2 5w 18.75*

DF2.1 Putter

Just now, Mike Coker said:

Ball position........??

Very well could be the case. I also have struggled with too much bowing my lead wrist at impact delofting the club plus a steep AOA so I think that has been creeping back in. Like I said I haven’t had this problem AT ALL off the tee just off the ground often enough lately that now it’s in my head and today had a really bad launch monitor session with it.

1 minute ago, Josh Parker said:

Get your coach a video or two. Could just be a simple solution. 

I’m sure hoping so!

23 minutes ago, Coulter said:

Check your setup in a mirror. Make sure that you have a good athletic setup and weight not too far forward. Then check the ball position and distance from the ball. All things I’m sure your coach worked with you on. 

On 10/14/2024 at 7:21 PM, Coulter said:

First off, great job on the final reviews by all 3 of y'all!! (Even Hayes😂).. Back to the gambling.. Donating is always a great thing to do and golf balls always help, but will be gone in a month or two.. I'm suggesting the loser buys the winner a golf spy ball marker..u will have it a lot longer and remember how u earned it and it's a donation to MGS in a way🤷

Screenshot_20241015-231237.png.793d489fea3aa7dc096317bfdd110678.png

Screenshot_20241015-231245.png.91a9dc64bdcccb4706e21c5d17ac46ab.png

$99 is a little steep for a wager but the $30 marker is cheaper than Maxfli Tour X balls

:PXG:Bubba Ivy 

1 hour ago, 3Putt4Double said:

First off, great job on the final reviews by all 3 of y'all!! (Even Hayes😂).. Back to the gambling.. Donating is always a great thing to do and golf balls always help, but will be gone in a month or two.. I'm suggesting the loser buys the winner a golf spy ball marker..u will have it a lot longer and remember how u earned it and it's a donation to MGS in a way🤷

Screenshot_20241015-231237.png.793d489fea3aa7dc096317bfdd110678.png

Screenshot_20241015-231245.png.91a9dc64bdcccb4706e21c5d17ac46ab.png

$99 is a little steep for a wager but the $30 marker is cheaper than Maxfli Tour X balls

I have the major marker! It's a pretty nice marker but rather big to be useful on the course. I used it for one of the photos for my final review post.1000030044.jpg.fdfa82983591f4b80dbde486aa1c09e1.jpg

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Max LS

3 Wood: :PXG: Gen 5 0311XF 

Hybrid: :PXG: Gen 5 0311 XF 22 degree

Irons: :PXG: 2022 XCOR2 0211 5-GW

Wedges: :taylormade-small: R Series 54° & 60°

Putter: :odyssey-small:

2023 Test: ⌚Garmin Approach S70 47mm