GolfSpy_X

SNEAK-PEEK - 2013 Callaway X Hot Hybrid

Our Sponsors

What gives with the ferrule? I really like the overall shape and I think the grey is a winner... but not that ferrule...looks cheap, though maybe I just prefer some taper...

Anyone know anything about the turf-interaction of these? The central under carriage looks pretty slick, just wondering if this is cosmetic or has some advantages?

Gotta agree with aotearoabrad, that ferrule is fugly, but the shape is slick looking. Not too sure I like the colors. Overall a 'meh'

I can't believe that's the finished look. Then again, why send out a pic of an unfinished club....hmmm

22 loft for a 4 hybrid eh? Interesting considering 21 loft is a #3 in the Razr line for example.

I guess 19 for a #3 in the X Hot and no #2 release?

This one didn't come from Callaway.

I can't believe that's the finished look. Then again, why send out a pic of an unfinished club....hmmm

TaylorMade RBZ TP 4 is 21.5! For a "players" hybrid! Not a big fan of the shape or look honestly.

I've had mine for a few weeks now, sorry but I haven't been given the go ahead to post pics yet. Mine is 16*

I've had mine for a few weeks now, sorry but I haven't been given the go ahead to post pics yet. Mine is 16*

Is that the "Tour" version with less offset or the standard version? Just curious. A 16/17 is next on my hit list but I like a touch of offset in a club like that.

I do hope the top of that ferrule does get turned down before final production.

I know Callaway was fond of that flat top look, since they used an O-Ring for a long time, but this ferrule isn't cutting it.

The clubhead just looks like a cosmetic change to the RAZR and FT-IZ hybrids of prior years.

I see that Callaway is strengthening their lofts to keep up with the other OEM's.

That's too bad, really, but inevitable since Callaway has also strengthened the loft of their irons.

The RAZR and FT hybrids still had the #3 at 21* loft, while companies like TaylorMade and Adams were going to 18* or 19*.

We got rid of the three iron and replaced it with the three hybrid because so many weekend golfers could hit a three iron well. And now the four irons are lofted as strongly as the old three irons.

TaylorMade has Rocketballz and Rocketbladez with 5 irons lofted at 23*.

I think many companies are going to have to add another wedge eventually, another wedge besides the gap wedge between the PW and the SW, just to fill in the big loft gaps.

I am in agreement on the ferrule as well...looks like they just stuck a head into a shaft for the photo...that can't be the finished club. I hope. :blink:

Another offset beast from Callaway. I really haven't liked their hybrids lately. I hook the crap out of the standards and the Tours I can hit decently but the sound and feel just isn't right for me...

I'm still gaming the FTiz Hybrids.....got a 3 & 4 with stiff shafts.....I'm getting 170 yds from the #4 & 185 from the #3.

I'm sick of offset on Callaway hybrids. I want the regular heads but no offset.

I'm sick of offset on Callaway hybrids. I want the regular heads but no offset.

I agree. There is no need for this much offset on clubs that are not high game improvement. I dont mind a tad bit, but I don't want to think about it at address.

There's not much I can legally say on the subject, so let me just suggest you all reserve judgement until there's something official from Callaway.

There's not much I can legally say on the subject, so let me just suggest you all reserve judgement until there's something official from Callaway.

Duly noted, consider it reserved.

I guess this is a perfect example of the whole OEM not wanting spy pics to get out scenario? It seems very timely considering the discussion from the other thread.