Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

2013 G-MAC by Kartel

SPY ZINGER

Black_GMac_kartel_logo_reversed-copy.gif

I'll tell you what, G-MAC is a pretty decent guy. It's not often that an apparel guy gets to talk about the players themselves. But, the G-MAC line of apparel by Kartel is every bit as much about the player, Graeme McDowell, as it is the duds themselves. Although I have never had the opportunity to speak to Graeme, I have formed an impression of him over the years in my mind's eye. Everything about Graeme that I have read and seen on T.V. can be described in a word: Class.

If you've ever seen him in press conferences or post round interviews, the guy knows how to deliver content to the media that is concise, professional, yet comprehensive all the same. He conducts himself like a gentleman both on and off the course. Graeme's website, graememcdowell.com, is one of the best organized and clean looking sites I have seen by a player to date. Then, yes, there is his clothing line that follows in the spirit of everything else he seems to do, and it's some of the best in golf. It's no secret I am a fan of G-MAC's apparel line by Kartel.

Like everything else in Graeme's life, he does not seem to be one to throw things together ill-prepared. It seems as though if he is going to endorse or place his name on a product, it's going to be something both professionally done and worthwhile. G-MAC markets his apparel line with the McDowell family crest, and includes a narrative of it's history and meaning with every piece. This is a nice personalized touch and heritage unique to G-MAC.

shirt7.jpg

shirt8.jpg

shirt9.jpg

shirt10.jpg

G-MAC has a new line for Spring and Summer of 2013, and I had the opportunity to preview some of the pieces. This collection will feature a full line from top to bottom including shirts, knits, outwear, pants, belts, and even socks. Leave it to the Euros, they know style, and do it better than my fellow countryman.

First up for the Spring/Summer G-MAC preview is the Galgorm Polo. This piece is a deep purple and features contrast tailors stitching on the collar, center placket, sleeve cuff, and across the upper back. A G-MAC signature is the dress-shirt styled collar with embedded stays, and concealed buttons to keep it looking crisp while avoiding the dreaded ‘flip.' To the touch, this shirt is really soft with a cotton outer layer with a technical fabric inner liner. It's the first time I've seen this technique used, and I really like the concept. It's the best of both worlds, combining the unmistakable look of cotton with the performance of technical fabric ideally placed where you want them. The shirt comes embedded with anti-microbial properties as well as UV protection. This shirt is without a doubt in my top three of the season, it's beautiful. The Galgorm fit nicely true to size and retails for $75.

shirt1.jpg

shirt2.jpg

shirt3.jpg

shirt4.jpg

shirt5.jpg

shirt6.jpg

shirt11.jpg

shirt12.jpg

shirt13.jpg

Next up are the McCheck Trousers, and they are McAwesome. The pants are made from 100% Super 120's cool wool. There is no better word to describe their feeling than luxurious. These are the pants you see Graeme wearing in competition this year. They feature slits cut into the cuff for a nice looking drape over the shoe. A look that is becoming increasingly popular among touring professionals, and us, the guys that want to have the same look ourselves. The McCheck is embedded with a rubber tape around the inner waste to keep the shirt in check during the golf swing. The McChecks fit true to size, cut nicely, and retail for $240. 100% wool = dry clean only.

pants2.jpg

pants3.jpg

pants4.jpg

pants5.jpg

pants6.jpg

pants7.jpg

Rounding off the G-MAC look is the McButton Cardigan. Graeme has been wearing cardigan sweaters for as long as I've been watching him. It's a look he started wearing before it started becoming mainstream again in recent years. It's a classic look that fits into his line perfectly. The McButton is a cashmere blend made from 45% cotton, 35% viscose (think rayon,) and 20% cashmere. Although you can dry clean the McButton, it's also machine washable as well. A feature I like and keeps the dry cleaning expenses down. This cardigan is contrasted with purple stitching in the buttons and inside the inner neck area making this a perfect pairing with the Galgorm and McCheck. A classy feature of the McButton is the metal and leather badge on the outside area of the rear neck. Like the other pieces featured here, this too fit true to size in a large, and retails for $140.

card1.jpg

card2.jpg

card3.jpg

card5.jpg

card6.jpg

card7.jpg

You'll be hard pressed to find much competition for the G-MAC line by Kartel. I like the brand, and the guy that's responsible for the designs. The attire fits well, looks great, wears nicely over time, and has quickly become one of my favorite apparel lines in golf. Much like in his professional life, when Graeme is representing, he's going to give you his best. He continues to deliver just that in the apparel line bearing his name and family crest. He's got a classy new modern tavern in the exclusive Lake Nona area called Nona Blue. I'm not sure what he's got the staff wearing, but hopefully it's G-MAC by Kartel.

From G-MAC:

About G-Mac By Kartel

The story of the G-Mac by Kartel collection began when Karl Swan, managing director of Kartel Clothing, approached Graeme at the Irish Open 2011 in Killarney with the idea of launching a clothing line. Karl had a great appreciation for Graeme's style, and Graeme had a similar appreciation for Kartel quality and their heritage of over 65 years in producing fine garments.

And so, from there development began to create a stylish, performance focused clothing line which harked back to a time of understated sophistication. Everything in the range revolves around three main principles; superior craftsmanship, performance fabrics and a modern vintage style.

Graeme's collaboration with Kartel and the finest craftsmen and tailors ensured an exceptional focus on cut and details, while also giving a nod to his trademark modern vintage style. The worldwide search for the finest fabrics resulted in the highest quality yarns being chosen for the range; responsive, lightweight, intuitive to your every movement, yet strong enough to withstand any climate.

Over the years Graeme has built an impressive collection of beautifully crafted pieces and when it came to developing his own line he was determined the design would meet the high standards he was accustomed to. 

The G-Mac by Kartel collection has been designed specifically to have a stylish, sophisticated, luxury upmarket feel. It uses only the finest filaments, yarns and fabrics.

Graeme McDowell officially began wearing the G-Mac by Kartel collection in January 2012.

Video: http://www.gmacbykartel.com/behind-the-scenes-video

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Kartel_Clothing

Posted Image

Archived