What Have You Bought Lately? (CHA - Club Ho's Anonymous)

hckymeyer

1 hour ago, KOG said:

Thats perfection

You interested in getting rid of the Atlanta or possibly trade?

As a stop-gap until you buy a Mezz???

Driver: Ping G430LST, Kaili White S

3 Wood: Ping G430Max, Alta Stiff

3H: Callaway Paradym, Tour AD-DI 8S

4&5H: Callaway Apex Pro, Tour AD-DI 8S

6-PW: Taylormade P770 ('23 model), KBS Tour Lite S

50/54/60: Vokey SM9, KBS Tour Lite S 

Putter: Toulon Atlanta with KBS OneStep shaft

Ball: ProV1x (or Wilson Staff Model X)

1 hour ago, KOG said:

Everyone wants one after they try it. First try is always like... Ohhhhhh damn

• except for all of those folks that i know who bought one have since sold them.

WITB

Cobra Radspeed 10.5 driver

Cobra 3 wood

Nickent hybrid

PXG 0311 3-PW 

Cleveland zip core wedges 52,56,60

Odyssey/Goodwood  putters-models works 7 for odyssey and Goodwood custom putters switch out from time to time.

41 minutes ago, Braehead said:

As a stop-gap until you buy a Mezz???

No I have been eying the Atlanta for a long time.  Thats my fav shape.

33 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Bettinardi Inovai 10

10.0-Spud-4_900x.png?v=1707405711

That is def Square. I actually had a TM Del Monte which was similar shape (wide blade) but hated the insert so I sold it. Still put my best with my BB1 or Sizemore SB1

11 minutes ago, bama no 1 said:
  • except for all of those folks that i know who bought one have since sold them.

Elaborate? Thought you didnt know what they were

Driver : Yamaha RMX 220 9.5 With Diamana ZF50 Stiff

3 Wood : Exotics C721 16.5* With Tensei Blue 60 stiff

7 Wood: Yamaha RMX VD 21* with Diamana Whiteboard 60 Stiff

Hybrid : Exotics C721 5 Hybrid with KBS Hy 75 stiff

Utility Iron/ 5 iron: Srixon ZX 23* w MMT 85 stiff

6-pw Matlby TS3 w MMT 85 stiff

50*, 54* Mack Daddy 4 black w Modus 120 stiff

58*  Mack Daddy 3 PM Grind w Modus 120 stiff

Putter: Ben Hogan BHB03 W UST Freq Filtered shaft

Revelation CEO Cart Bag

1 hour ago, KOG said:

I will eventually get the Mezz version. Im scheduling a fitting as I get one annually with my golfcave membership and the Mezz was unreal consisitant for me, and the Sacks Perente felt so good but I got fit for a square putter (like what is a square putter) 35* toehang which is what I had at the time (odyssey Black tour 9 and Bettinardi BB1) . If the Mezz still performs like it did 2 years ago during the fitting Im getting one. I cant stop rotating putters and I need one I can call my own.

I hit a bunch at the store. I didn't realize I'd like the link so much. Waiting for a food deal on one to materialize.  I almost bought the white one on the outlet but 700 is not a good deal. 

I should be golfing instead of talking smack on the web.

5 minutes ago, KOG said:

No I have been eying the Atlanta for a long time.  Thats my fav shape.

That is def Square. I actually had a TM Del Monte which was similar shape (wide blade) but hated the insert so I sold it. Still put my best with my BB1 or Sizemore SB1

Elaborate? Thought you didnt know what they were

i still dont and neither did the folks that bought them because they thought they were putters but found out they were not.

WITB

Cobra Radspeed 10.5 driver

Cobra 3 wood

Nickent hybrid

PXG 0311 3-PW 

Cleveland zip core wedges 52,56,60

Odyssey/Goodwood  putters-models works 7 for odyssey and Goodwood custom putters switch out from time to time.

Grumpy old man detected.  

Those that can't hit these are typically of the variety that have gotten good at face manipulation with a putter and still insist on trying that with a lie angle balanced one and then hit it poorly.  

I should be golfing instead of talking smack on the web.

On 8/31/2024 at 4:58 AM, ChiefMikeOfficer said:

Ordered the PuttOut Air Break as part of their preorder -- showed up in July, but between trips and a big conference at work, haven't had much time to set it up (I'm sure it will get a ton of use this winter - maybe this is the year Happy learns how to putt?). Well, here it is: 

PXL_20240831_033726551.jpg.24f797e6665577b7f8d7c1a069e4723a.jpg

Really cool concept. It's a hard foam base, a green top, has a separate stance stand (not supposed to step on it directly), and both the left and right side have four airbags underneath that you use to build yourself a 6 footer -- can make it up or downhill, multiple break points, etc. And it returns the ball to you (you know, if you make it). This one is 15-20 pumps each on 3 of the 4 bags on the right (hit one practice putt that I missed miserably, but this was the first take on video):

(Unrelated, anyone have putting tips? 😂 Averaging like 35 putts/round this year...looks like a choppy stroke to me, but no idea how to stop that)

What are your initial thoughts on the PuttOut AirBreak? Been looking at getting one for sometime but haven't taken the leap yet. Looks great, enjoy! 🔥

nike200.png.457470e6ca5d47ee6e169491b267aa1b.png   Driver: Nike VR Pro Limited Edition | Diamana 'ahina 65g (9.5°, Stiff)

titleist200.png.e01ae7639090c209c93c9f2f7435d808.png   4 Wood: Titleist TS2 | Kuro Kage Black Seires 65g (16.5°, Stiff)

mizuno200.png.4605df8e24685074d10718ba6ac66080.png   Irons: Mizuno MP15 | True Temper DG S300 (4-PW, Stiff)

taylormade200.png.e6cb0a20f84873d1f59007172ed00680.png   Wedges: Taylormade Z-Spin | True Temper DG S300 (52°/9°B, 56°/12°B, 60°/10°B, Stiff)

nike200.png.457470e6ca5d47ee6e169491b267aa1b.png  Putter: Nike Method Milled Model 004 (35")

⭐ See my review of the ShotScope Pro ZR here ⭐

3 minutes ago, William P said:

So, the "unexpected and unplanned" fitting has led to a new driver, imagine that...😂 God help me, since mine is "expected and planned." No telling what I'll come away with...🤣🤣🤣 

Bill, I knew my fitter from prior experience and just trusted the process.

He knows my game, both good and not so good, and if it makes an improvement then we do it, if not, there is no reason to change.

Also, for my age, I am above average in speed, distance, and accuracy, slightly above the LPGA Tour averages for speed and distance, but not quite to those on the Champions Tour, although those guys are at least 10-20 years younger than I am.

Go in with an open mind, and an open wallet! 😉  ⛳

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4 

Hybrid: :titleist-small: TSR2 21 degree - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7.5

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

Link to Motocaddy M7 w/Remote Trolley & Bag Review

6 minutes ago, rkj427 said:

Bill, I knew my fitter from prior experience and just trusted the process.

He knows my game, both good and not so good, and if it makes an improvement then we do it, if not, there is no reason to change.

Also, for my age, I am above average in speed, distance, and accuracy, slightly above the LPGA Tour averages for speed and distance, but not quite to those on the Champions Tour, although those guys are at least 10-20 years younger than I am.

Go in with an open mind, and an open wallet! 😉  ⛳

The mind is wide open, but the wallet will require proof of life...🙃  My issue is usually too much spin so I'm looking for some improvement from everything I've read and heard.

TSR1, 9*, TPT Nitro 17 Lo

TSR1, 15*, TPT Power Range Fairway 17 Lo 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT Power Range Hybrid 17 Lo 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design - 50 & 54, SteelFiber i95cw S, and Vokey S10 - 46 & 58, SteelFiber i95cw S

Odyssey JAILBIRD 380 Limited Edition

ELIXR (2022), MaxFli Tour S (2024)

3 minutes ago, rkj427 said:

You should be able to get optimal results for you IF the fitter goes through the complete process of trying all the head models in the appropriate loft to get both launch and spin within the parameters for your swing.

Shafts are just "timing mechanisms" for our swings, which may have an impact on how the head is delivered into the ball, so keep an open mind that way too.

All shafts have their own unique EI profile, and while some are similar in design, the results are not always similar.

Looking forward to it. Approx 18 months ago when I got back into the game, I was fit by Titleist for my TSR1, but admittedly, my swing at that time was not where it needed to be for a proper fitting. He did his best and the club has been a good performer. My swing has matured quite a bit since then and I believe I will see some benefit from the fitting, The TPT shaft I was fitted in to as a tester earlier this year really made a significant improvement in performance of the club. May ask them to use it during the fitting process as well.

TSR1, 9*, TPT Nitro 17 Lo

TSR1, 15*, TPT Power Range Fairway 17 Lo 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT Power Range Hybrid 17 Lo 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design - 50 & 54, SteelFiber i95cw S, and Vokey S10 - 46 & 58, SteelFiber i95cw S

Odyssey JAILBIRD 380 Limited Edition

ELIXR (2022), MaxFli Tour S (2024)

2 minutes ago, William P said:

Looking forward to it. Approx 18 months ago when I got back into the game, I was fit by Titleist for my TSR1, but admittedly, my swing at that time was not where it needed to be for a proper fitting. He did his best and the club has been a good performer. My swing has matured quite a bit since then and I believe I will see some benefit from the fitting, The TPT shaft I was fitted in to as a tester earlier this year really made a significant improvement in performance of the club. May ask them to use it during the fitting process as well.

They will have you use your club as a "baseline" to see what/if any improvements can be made, and then will adjust whatever is needed to get you too optimal for you. ⛳  👍

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4 

Hybrid: :titleist-small: TSR2 21 degree - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7.5

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

Link to Motocaddy M7 w/Remote Trolley & Bag Review

6 hours ago, rkj427 said:

OK, had an unexpected and unplanned Titleist GT Fitting appointment this morning, that actually wasn't made until I received a call from the fitter that although he had a fitting event scheduled, he had numerous openings in his schedule if I wanted to at least compare them to my current driver(s). Course is within walking distance from my house, but I loaded up my bag and drove over about 11:15 for a 12:00PM appointment.

Ther Orchards Golf Course - Washington, MI - Fitter: Brett Michie (he also fit me for my irons last year).

Some pictures of the course and some descriptions follow.

IMG_7267.jpg.e22751fd8d5a056b7b9bed646765ea16.jpg

Clubhouse and Outdoor Meeting Area  (parking lot behind and to the right of these buildings, practice green just off to the right from this view)

IMG_7266.jpg.e9f2ced007a630c8fa3263e6c4010858.jpg

Practice green, typically will walk here and practice at least once a week. Also have 2 practice sand traps on the far end of this green, shown next.

IMG_7269.jpg.fd418a4772a34c7a029132b6eeadc32e.jpg

View of number 1 tee box below, It is a 390 yard Par 4. This course is more a "target golf" design, and doesn't have all of the tree lined, narrow fairways of many other courses in this area.

IMG_7268.jpg.b4c386e3ffa6de345bd4fe26efbbf362.jpg

The next two are of the driving range, which measures 400 yards in depth, and Brett's Titleist Fitting set-up. Those who were fit all hit balls from in front of his tent with the Trackman just behind them.

IMG_7271.jpg.700be4b67bfd9e1e08f232d5bf6e0d53.jpgIMG_7270.jpg.6c4b77f91a919e27ad130d8f15b04848.jpg

OK, now the details.

I am a high launch player, so getting it into a window that wasn't too high or have too much spin was our goal, along with improving dispersion, not to have a two way miss if possible.

Took my 9 degree TSR3 with Ventus TR Blue shaft, and my Callaway 9 degree AI Smoke TD with Tensei AV Blue shaft.

It was low 60's and breezy, wind into our faces. Warmed up by hitting a few wedges, 7 irons, and a couple 3 wood shots, then 3 balls each with each driver. I knew that the TSR3 is what I played most of this year with, and we decided to use that as the baseline. The Callaway is just a long for me when using it but seems to spin a bit more than ideal.

Started with the GT2 head in 9 degrees and a variety of shaft, but it seemed to launch a bit too high, and although spin numbers were consistent, they too were a little higher than ideal for my swing and speed.

Went to the GT3 in 9 degrees, and it was better for launch, but still not ideal, and definitely easier to work the ball in either direction.

Tried the GT3 in 8 degrees, good launch but then spin went a bit too low for ideal carry and total distances, no matter which shaft we put into the head. 

Brett then went back to the GT2 head, but in 8 degrees. Swapped out shafts until we found the right combination for me, which ended up being Project X HZRDUS Black Gen 5 in 5.5 flex. Also tried the Ventus TR Blue in this head, and it had great launch but just a little too low spin. Lost about 5 yards of carry. I ended up hitting 5 shots in a row, center face, all within 5 yards front to back, and within a 10-yard circle.

TLDR: GT has faster ball speeds, potentially a couple MPH swing speed due to aerodynamics, and longer carry distances than the TSR models. The face design is similar on all of the heads with the variable thickness, and rings in the center, rather than either/or found in prior generations. Forgot to mention, that the GT fairways launched higher for me, and to keep my ball flight where it needed to be, I will keep playing my TSR3 fairways and TSR2 hybrid. Dispersion was similar with 2 yards total difference.

Should have the club in a couple weeks, so I will get some actual course time and provide feedback afterwards.

Definitely envious of this experience. One of these days...I dig the context and detailed info you provided. And pics always help, eh? 👍🏾

Still swinging after all these years

On 8/31/2024 at 9:38 PM, Mdrnsamurai said:

update... it's an absolute BOOM STICK!!! aka H2D2 lol...

Average Carry 252.7, Club Speed 105.2, Ball Speed 148.7, Spin 3300 over 30 shots on the range...

and then 11/14 Fairways and all over 250 yds and only one got away from me that I couldn't find... and had one roll out to 281 yds...

a brilliant Driver... Bravo Titleist!!!

I hope it stays in the sweet spot for you!👍🏾

21 hours ago, Flanpro said:

Bought a new Ping Tyne 4 (2023) putter last week. Did some research on my putter stroke arc with my local fitter and looks like I needed a putter with more toe hang because of the “strong arc” I have - who knew?  
Results are in. Either my course made the holes bigger or it was a significant improvement for my game…… NINE birdies in 27 holes! 

3 birds per nine is on my wish list! Looking forward to getting fitted for a putter to see if it's the putter or just me. I figure I have some good putting days, so the other days must be me. Congrats!👍🏾

59 minutes ago, TAGolf13 said:

Was there an issue with the X5? 🤔

Yeah, it started to miss a lot of shots even when I made sure it detected the tag so editing was a chore. I'm not using the stats collected as they should be used and I can get a majority of that info from the GHIN app I use for scoring.

So, it was too much fiddling around during the round and I was starting to get ****** off with it.

Edited by MattF

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

Since I will be adding, hopefully, another year to may age next year, I have invested in a 5 hybrid to go allong with my 4, which will go into the bag next year.

Edited by jolter1

Driver: Ping G430 SFT 10.5 at the Flat Setting

Fairway Woods: Ping SFT G425 3-5

Hybrid   Ping G410 4H

Irons     Ping G425 5-LW

Putter:  Ping Anser 2           

Ball:      Titleist Tour Speed/AVX

Bag:      Titleist

All shafts are Ping's CB Alta, Regular in Woods and Hybrids, Stiff in the irons ( I just like these shafts and never saw a reason to look for 

others)

I recently have been hitting the Ping Max 10k and the Ping Max. I'm testing them for purely finding fairways. I don't care how far it goes, just want it on the middle stripe. Any opinions on which one is better? I haven't been able to tell much difference personally. 

:callaway-small:Driver: Ai SmokeTriple Diamond

:ping-small: G425 MAX 12* w/ 3 Wood shaft

:srixon-small: Utility 3 Iron

:srixon-small:Irons: Srixon ZX7

:titleist-small:Wedges:  SM10 50* 54* F Grinds and SM9 58* M Grind

:EVNROLL:Putter: Evnroll EV5

:titleist-small: GolfBall: 2023 ProV1

On 7/9/2024 at 4:35 PM, rkj427 said:

I kind of stumbled across a great opportunity while walking through my subdivision yesterday and mentioned it to a couple other forum members as well.

Decided that this was too good to pass up, and also offer any of these to the other members here if they wanted or needed them initially and thought at the least, I would be able to sell what I didn't want or need and recoup the initial cash out

A neighbor who collected putters, and golfed recently passed away, and they were selling off his clubs. I bought a total of (4) putters from them, and another member here wanted one initially, so I shipped that one to him today after getting them.

(3) Scotty Cameron putters, all 35-inch length, but (2) had the heavier weights in them that typically are found in 34-inch models. (2) were new, unused, still in plastic, and the other was used for 4 rounds this year, but still had the plastic on the bottom of the head. (2) are Phantom mallet models, a 7 and a 7.5 head design. The other Cameron is a Champions Choice Newport 2+ Buttonback. The mallets cost me $250.00 each, and the Champions Choice was $300.00.

There also was a new, still in the plastic shipping bag Odyssey Jailbird Limited Edition, the original model released after Fowler and Clark were successful with that model last year. That one was $200.00 and was purchased by another member here and is on the way to him at this time. 

I may just keep the Champions Choice and would consider selling any of them to a member here for what they cost me plus shipping, provided that the member would use them and not try to resell for profit.

If no one has any interest initially, I may just post them in the classifieds here at a later date.

Pictures of all of them are below.

Phantom 7.5 - Heading west to Nebraska on July 10, 2024.

IMG_6303.JPG.04ef030f150cf938e5453f8dc69a7064.JPGIMG_6305.JPG.b38b209e51731a056ad0ae5a901aa66c.JPGIMG_6306.JPG.3f8d65f758aac03f93297fa4d8a4f11b.JPGIMG_6308.JPG.5b7efad547716e8f32eccfc0172dacef.JPGIMG_6309.JPG.0ea80b53307cd92fc81d075b508ef837.JPG

Phantom 7 model - Heading to Indiana on July 10, 2024.

IMG_6362.jpg.c2b976a042f1bf63c5ade20d2c84e40b.jpgIMG_6363.jpg.a7facd30ed09cc91d5e7e0ec8e2f99f2.jpgIMG_6364.jpg.1c92f2d7e13f9658b662efb1b3681147.jpgIMG_6367.jpg.42415d61dde9870fddd5b95466190470.jpg

Champions Choice Newport 2+ Buttonback

IMG_6353.jpg.2dce36f128c9ab6d8bd2ee287095b81d.jpgIMG_6354.jpg.0b2a74e93c6aa84cbe698eaa9ad66da4.jpgIMG_6357.jpg.b205b712ac43d9e78868087f3f56480a.jpgIMG_6358.jpg.916750df1c246b6e032bf9d58ae48e85.jpgIMG_6360.jpg.6a31f30a89982f8b4c7882e48ef17dba.jpgIMG_6361.jpg.fd0aaa1f570db8680f4a56e8fa2b454b.jpg

Odyssey Jailbird 39" Model - Microhinge Insert - Heading Out at This Time to it's New Home

IMG_6347.jpg.e2a32fedf16fed6cef2f23aa9d309775.jpgIMG_6348.jpg.80ecfe155a2adb558af9e32d2dda1641.jpgIMG_6349.jpg.24d8b3f987b666806071923a8e84aef0.jpgIMG_6351.jpg.be32990fce8092eb32abbd904790b265.jpg

IMG_6368.jpg

Those champions choice to me have to be one of the most beautiful putters in the game! 😍

Been playing for about 2 years in total. Winter breaks and a 6month period when I got sick. Starting to feel like myself again and recently played a “okay” round. 
I currently have custom fit Cobra LTDx irons/wedges, a Vokey 60(cause my short game has been the best part of my game, and a Maverick 9 deg. Driver. Driving is the worst part of my game so My 4 iron usually takes alot of the long game abuse. 

Got a few things recently, Stealth UDI 2 iron i can’t recommend it enough I was always under the illusion that driving irons would be hard to hit and are only useful teed up off the tee but this is smooth off the deck to very easy to get in the air favourite club in the bag,also just got some new alignment sticks a bag must in my opinion 

Driver:Ping G410 Standard 65s shaft

5 wood: Titleist Tsi3 tensei black 75 x shaft

2 iron: Taylormade stealth UDI 110 x shaft

4-PW:Callaway apex pro 105 g project x shafts

50:Ping glide 

54&58:taylormade MG2

Putter:Oddesey O works blade

2 hours ago, JStapp said:

I recently have been hitting the Ping Max 10k and the Ping Max. I'm testing them for purely finding fairways. I don't care how far it goes, just want it on the middle stripe. Any opinions on which one is better? I haven't been able to tell much difference personally. 

Not sure about the Ping Max 10K but I do own the Ping G430 Max (senior flex) and SFT (R Flex) and neither one I would say are distance drivers but boy do the find the fairway, especially my SFT.

Driver: Ping G430 SFT 10.5 at the Flat Setting

Fairway Woods: Ping SFT G425 3-5

Hybrid   Ping G410 4H

Irons     Ping G425 5-LW

Putter:  Ping Anser 2           

Ball:      Titleist Tour Speed/AVX

Bag:      Titleist

All shafts are Ping's CB Alta, Regular in Woods and Hybrids, Stiff in the irons ( I just like these shafts and never saw a reason to look for 

others)