What Have You Bought Lately? (CHA - Club Ho's Anonymous)

hckymeyer

4 minutes ago, Mdrnsamurai said:

picked these beauties up today... had them on hold for about two weeks...

but they were too beautiful not to pull the trigger on...

Mizuno MP-69's (2013) light usage with TT S300's 3-PW

MP-69.jpg

Those look phenomenal for clubs that are over 10 years old. I can't hit a Mizuno blade, bit I do love looking at them. Great find!

7 hours ago, LiamC said:

Got a few things recently, Stealth UDI 2 iron i can’t recommend it enough I was always under the illusion that driving irons would be hard to hit and are only useful teed up off the tee but this is smooth off the deck to very easy to get in the air favourite club in the bag,also just got some new alignment sticks a bag must in my opinion 

This was one of the options i looked into when looking at 2 irons but ultimately didn't get due to my 4iron already being 18.5 deg i didnt see the point to just come down 1.5deg from that 

Been playing for about 2 years in total. Winter breaks and a 6month period when I got sick. Starting to feel like myself again and recently played a “okay” round. 
I currently have custom fit Cobra LTDx irons/wedges, a Vokey 60(cause my short game has been the best part of my game, and a Maverick 9 deg. Driver. Driving is the worst part of my game so My 4 iron usually takes alot of the long game abuse. 

19 hours ago, rkj427 said:

OK, had an unexpected and unplanned Titleist GT Fitting appointment this morning, that actually wasn't made until I received a call from the fitter that although he had a fitting event scheduled, he had numerous openings in his schedule if I wanted to at least compare them to my current driver(s). Course is within walking distance from my house, but I loaded up my bag and drove over about 11:15 for a 12:00PM appointment.

Ther Orchards Golf Course - Washington, MI - Fitter: Brett Michie (he also fit me for my irons last year).

Some pictures of the course and some descriptions follow.

IMG_7267.jpg.e22751fd8d5a056b7b9bed646765ea16.jpg

Clubhouse and Outdoor Meeting Area  (parking lot behind and to the right of these buildings, practice green just off to the right from this view)

IMG_7266.jpg.e9f2ced007a630c8fa3263e6c4010858.jpg

Practice green, typically will walk here and practice at least once a week. Also have 2 practice sand traps on the far end of this green, shown next.

IMG_7269.jpg.fd418a4772a34c7a029132b6eeadc32e.jpg

View of number 1 tee box below, It is a 390 yard Par 4. This course is more a "target golf" design, and doesn't have all of the tree lined, narrow fairways of many other courses in this area.

IMG_7268.jpg.b4c386e3ffa6de345bd4fe26efbbf362.jpg

The next two are of the driving range, which measures 400 yards in depth, and Brett's Titleist Fitting set-up. Those who were fit all hit balls from in front of his tent with the Trackman just behind them.

IMG_7271.jpg.700be4b67bfd9e1e08f232d5bf6e0d53.jpgIMG_7270.jpg.6c4b77f91a919e27ad130d8f15b04848.jpg

OK, now the details.

I am a high launch player, so getting it into a window that wasn't too high or have too much spin was our goal, along with improving dispersion, not to have a two way miss if possible.

Took my 9 degree TSR3 with Ventus TR Blue shaft, and my Callaway 9 degree AI Smoke TD with Tensei AV Blue shaft.

It was low 60's and breezy, wind into our faces. Warmed up by hitting a few wedges, 7 irons, and a couple 3 wood shots, then 3 balls each with each driver. I knew that the TSR3 is what I played most of this year with, and we decided to use that as the baseline. The Callaway is just a long for me when using it but seems to spin a bit more than ideal.

Started with the GT2 head in 9 degrees and a variety of shaft, but it seemed to launch a bit too high, and although spin numbers were consistent, they too were a little higher than ideal for my swing and speed.

Went to the GT3 in 9 degrees, and it was better for launch, but still not ideal, and definitely easier to work the ball in either direction.

Tried the GT3 in 8 degrees, good launch but then spin went a bit too low for ideal carry and total distances, no matter which shaft we put into the head. 

Brett then went back to the GT2 head, but in 8 degrees. Swapped out shafts until we found the right combination for me, which ended up being Project X HZRDUS Black Gen 5 in 5.5 flex. Also tried the Ventus TR Blue in this head, and it had great launch but just a little too low spin. Lost about 5 yards of carry. I ended up hitting 5 shots in a row, center face, all within 5 yards front to back, and within a 10-yard circle.

TLDR: GT has faster ball speeds, potentially a couple MPH swing speed due to aerodynamics, and longer carry distances than the TSR models. The face design is similar on all of the heads with the variable thickness, and rings in the center, rather than either/or found in prior generations. Forgot to mention, that the GT fairways launched higher for me, and to keep my ball flight where it needed to be, I will keep playing my TSR3 fairways and TSR2 hybrid. Dispersion was similar with 2 yards total difference.

Should have the club in a couple weeks, so I will get some actual course time and provide feedback afterwards.

What a beautiful facility. I'm sure it's not just me who's jealous! 🔥

nike200.png.457470e6ca5d47ee6e169491b267aa1b.png   Driver: Nike VR Pro Limited Edition | Diamana 'ahina 65g (9.5°, Stiff)

titleist200.png.e01ae7639090c209c93c9f2f7435d808.png   4 Wood: Titleist TS2 | Kuro Kage Black Seires 65g (16.5°, Stiff)

mizuno200.png.4605df8e24685074d10718ba6ac66080.png   Irons: Mizuno MP15 | True Temper DG S300 (4-PW, Stiff)

taylormade200.png.e6cb0a20f84873d1f59007172ed00680.png   Wedges: Taylormade Z-Spin | True Temper DG S300 (52°/9°B, 56°/12°B, 60°/10°B, Stiff)

nike200.png.457470e6ca5d47ee6e169491b267aa1b.png  Putter: Nike Method Milled Model 004 (35")

⭐ See my review of the ShotScope Pro ZR here ⭐

41 minutes ago, Mdrnsamurai said:

picked these beauties up today... had them on hold for about two weeks...

but they were too beautiful not to pull the trigger on...

Mizuno MP-69's (2013) light usage with TT S300's 3-PW

MP-69.jpg

Great find, and from the condition they look to be from your pictures, like they were hardly ever played.  😎

One of the all-time great sets from Mizuno. 

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4 

Hybrid: :titleist-small: TSR2 21 degree - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7.5

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

Link to Motocaddy M7 w/Remote Trolley & Bag Review

19 hours ago, rkj427 said:

OK, had an unexpected and unplanned Titleist GT Fitting appointment this morning, that actually wasn't made until I received a call from the fitter that although he had a fitting event scheduled, he had numerous openings in his schedule if I wanted to at least compare them to my current driver(s). Course is within walking distance from my house, but I loaded up my bag and drove over about 11:15 for a 12:00PM appointment.

Ther Orchards Golf Course - Washington, MI - Fitter: Brett Michie (he also fit me for my irons last year).

Some pictures of the course and some descriptions follow.

IMG_7267.jpg.e22751fd8d5a056b7b9bed646765ea16.jpg

Clubhouse and Outdoor Meeting Area  (parking lot behind and to the right of these buildings, practice green just off to the right from this view)

IMG_7266.jpg.e9f2ced007a630c8fa3263e6c4010858.jpg

Practice green, typically will walk here and practice at least once a week. Also have 2 practice sand traps on the far end of this green, shown next.

IMG_7269.jpg.fd418a4772a34c7a029132b6eeadc32e.jpg

View of number 1 tee box below, It is a 390 yard Par 4. This course is more a "target golf" design, and doesn't have all of the tree lined, narrow fairways of many other courses in this area.

IMG_7268.jpg.b4c386e3ffa6de345bd4fe26efbbf362.jpg

The next two are of the driving range, which measures 400 yards in depth, and Brett's Titleist Fitting set-up. Those who were fit all hit balls from in front of his tent with the Trackman just behind them.

IMG_7271.jpg.700be4b67bfd9e1e08f232d5bf6e0d53.jpgIMG_7270.jpg.6c4b77f91a919e27ad130d8f15b04848.jpg

OK, now the details.

I am a high launch player, so getting it into a window that wasn't too high or have too much spin was our goal, along with improving dispersion, not to have a two way miss if possible.

Took my 9 degree TSR3 with Ventus TR Blue shaft, and my Callaway 9 degree AI Smoke TD with Tensei AV Blue shaft.

It was low 60's and breezy, wind into our faces. Warmed up by hitting a few wedges, 7 irons, and a couple 3 wood shots, then 3 balls each with each driver. I knew that the TSR3 is what I played most of this year with, and we decided to use that as the baseline. The Callaway is just a long for me when using it but seems to spin a bit more than ideal.

Started with the GT2 head in 9 degrees and a variety of shaft, but it seemed to launch a bit too high, and although spin numbers were consistent, they too were a little higher than ideal for my swing and speed.

Went to the GT3 in 9 degrees, and it was better for launch, but still not ideal, and definitely easier to work the ball in either direction.

Tried the GT3 in 8 degrees, good launch but then spin went a bit too low for ideal carry and total distances, no matter which shaft we put into the head. 

Brett then went back to the GT2 head, but in 8 degrees. Swapped out shafts until we found the right combination for me, which ended up being Project X HZRDUS Black Gen 5 in 5.5 flex. Also tried the Ventus TR Blue in this head, and it had great launch but just a little too low spin. Lost about 5 yards of carry. I ended up hitting 5 shots in a row, center face, all within 5 yards front to back, and within a 10-yard circle.

TLDR: GT has faster ball speeds, potentially a couple MPH swing speed due to aerodynamics, and longer carry distances than the TSR models. The face design is similar on all of the heads with the variable thickness, and rings in the center, rather than either/or found in prior generations. Forgot to mention, that the GT fairways launched higher for me, and to keep my ball flight where it needed to be, I will keep playing my TSR3 fairways and TSR2 hybrid. Dispersion was similar with 2 yards total difference.

Should have the club in a couple weeks, so I will get some actual course time and provide feedback afterwards.

I enjoyed reading about your fitting experience Robert. It's fascinating to read about all the different head/shaft combos they go through in order to dial performance in to each of our unique swings. 

12 hours ago, MattF said:

Yeah, it started to miss a lot of shots even when I made sure it detected the tag so editing was a chore. I'm not using the stats collected as they should be used and I can get a majority of that info from the GHIN app I use for scoring.

So, it was too much fiddling around during the round and I was starting to get ****** off with it.

Ah, makes sense. I have been considering Shot Scope and Arccos, but there's only so much $$ to go around and I'd rather use the $$ for playing, lessons, tourney entry fees and such. I pretty much know what I need to improve, and like you, GHIN and GolfShot provide plenty of data to confirm my weaknesses...which are everywhere I'm afraid 😞.

Still swinging after all these years

2 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

Those look phenomenal for clubs that are over 10 years old. I can't hit a Mizuno blade, bit I do love looking at them. Great find!

believe it or not, they were pretty easy to hit... and I'm loving the ball flight... 

trying to figure out the swing weight... because they're considerably heavier than my current clubs...

Edited by Mdrnsamurai
update

"A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." ~John Stuart Mill

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope." ~Winston Churchill

Currently Gaming:

Driver: Titleist GT3, Mitsubishi 1K Black 6.5 - X-Stiff

Woods: Callaway Ai Smoke 3W 17*, Project X Denali 6.0 70g - Stiff

Irons: Mizuno MP 245 (4i thru PW), NS Pro Modus Tour 120X (4i - 21*, PW - 42*)

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM10 48.10F, 52.08F, 56.14K, 60.04T Grind 

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Design 1.5 (2004)

I bought the Cobra Forged MB RF Irons 4-PW with $ Taper 110 reg shafts. As you can see from the picture if you play sandy soil they tell all your ball-striking secrets

Cobra.jpg

Edited by Golfishard
error

"I have a tip that can take five shots off anyone's game- it's called an eraser." Arnold Palmer

2 minutes ago, GolfSpy_KFT said:

My Red Rooster gloves came in, with a slight caveat. After Brad, one of the owners, helped me set up my order that included the limited edition C

Red Rooster down under is a roast chicken shop. Had to do a double take on the glove 😃

Callaway Epic D/3W

Callaway Epic Hybrid (3,4)

Callaway Rogue Hybrid (5)

Callaway AI Smoke Irons (7,8,9,P,A)

Callaway Opus Wedges (Chrome,S Grind,10d 50,54,58)

Well taylormade screwed me. They built their website wrong and I used my mil discount on something they had on sale so instead of owning up to the error they just canceled my order and now you can't use a mil discount on any sale item. Which is fine but just canceling it without telling me or anything is frustrating as F. 

So I need to find a driver in the 200 bones range. Stiff shaft. Preferably from the last few years. Any suggestions to specific model or style. I'd like something fairly forgiving but not so much it sacrifices distance. I'm reasonably consistent for a 10 handi with my driver. 

I should be golfing instead of talking smack on the web.

20 minutes ago, GolfSpy_KFT said:

My @Red Rooster Golf gloves came in today, with a slight caveat. After Brad, one of the owners, helped me set up my order that included the limited edition Cognac colorway, they could not find it. It was the last in my size. I didn’t know this until the package arrived. 

Instead, they included The Pine, which is a limited run, AND The Crow as an added bonus since the Cognac couldn’t be found. There were also two handwritten notes with one explaining that situation, and the other wishing me a Happy Birthday. 

Now THAT is exemplary customer service, and another reason (in addition to the quality and comfort of the glove) that gains a customer for life. 

If you haven’t tried one of their gloves, I can’t recommend it enough. Better photos to come soon!

IMG_3980.jpeg

That is exceptional customer service! I love their gloves. Its customer service like this that will gain them multiple customers for life!!

Play like a champion today!

12 minutes ago, Javs said:

That is exceptional customer service! I love their gloves. Its customer service like this that will gain them multiple customers for life!!

Without a doubt! Their gloves are fantastic alone and the CS makes it that much better an experience 

Driver: :titleist-small: GT3 9|Tour AD-UB 6S (testing in progress)

Fairways: :titleist-small: GT2 15 & 18|Tour AD-UB 7S (testing in progress) |:cobra-small: Aerojet Max 7|Kai'Li White 70X

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H|MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW|KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :titleist-small: Vokey SM10 52.12F|56.12D|True Temper Vokey Wedge Flex

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour & :titleist-small: ProV1

#LeftyGang

Titleist GT Long Game Test (Link Here)

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

29 minutes ago, Off Map Oscar said:

Well taylormade screwed me. They built their website wrong and I used my mil discount on something they had on sale so instead of owning up to the error they just canceled my order and now you can't use a mil discount on any sale item. Which is fine but just canceling it without telling me or anything is frustrating as F. 

So I need to find a driver in the 200 bones range. Stiff shaft. Preferably from the last few years. Any suggestions to specific model or style. I'd like something fairly forgiving but not so much it sacrifices distance. I'm reasonably consistent for a 10 handi with my driver. 

https://www.pxg.com/en-us/golf-clubs/gen5-0311xf-driver/DR-PXG19.html

$199 with the veteran discount 

IMG_7922.png

I’ve got a bad feeling about this.

Driver-  image.png.c7958ee984bbf04f894ad61f7b2912ee.png     AI Smoke Triple Diamond 10.5 Fujikura Ventus Velocore+ 6x/ image.png.34846e03859e439eea57f542ae27df59.png  Mini Burner Copper 11.5 Project X HZRDUS Black 6.5

Fairway- image.png.05e3e95116b254160104eb63157eaf9c.png Stealth 2, 5 wood Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0/image.png.05e3e95116b254160104eb63157eaf9c.png Burner Bubble 2, 7 wood (sometimes)

Utility- IMG_5157.jpeg.41245fafb8773b507ee7f693ad6a2066.jpg.1b17f43b70edb2cc8206713b580280bc.jpg 3 Utility Project X HZRDUS Black Smoke RDX 6.0 (sometimes)

Irons- default_mizuno-small.jpg.683f01332cf642e1a0791b7880818c55.jpg JPX 921 Forged KBS $120 5-GW

Wedges-titleist.jpeg.79b06f097c7bfa5eecb9179cb2b8800a.jpg.69fcd3f4fc6e6cc63e96630188337bff.jpg Vokey SM 56 and 60

Flatstick-titleist.jpeg.79b06f097c7bfa5eecb9179cb2b8800a.jpg.69fcd3f4fc6e6cc63e96630188337bff.jpg Scotty Cameron Phantom X 7.5 

Our local ‘big’ golf shop has Pings on sale so I bit the bullet and got G430 Max 3W, and G430 3H and 5H, all with Proj X shafts. Pretty great deal to round out my bag rebuild! I wasn’t going to get the 430s because of cost, but at 20% off they pulled me in!

I also bought an Arm Lock extension kit from Arm-Lock Golf to try out on an old putter and see how I like it. They reached out to clarify a couple things and had an awesome conversation with Joe from their shop. Super knowledgeable and helpful, and he’s got me hooked up with something new to try! Should be here in a couple days. 

Driver:  image.png.ac16a10c2b861fff646dd08647f76d1f.png 849D
     Fuji ‘24 Ventus Blue 5R
3-5Hy:  Pinemeadow Command BK
6-PW:  image.png.e76c3a80e959f4571ac9d38b658506a0.png 699 v2
     Mitsu MMT 80g
Wedges:  image.png.bddbadf2cd48c1b40cf591e520848ebb.png MAX milled 50° (bent to 48°), 54°, 58°
     Mitsu Kuro Kage black 2G S/R
Putter:  image.jpeg.4a8b0ee0fbff31934a2e15fc68a7bfe7.jpeg King Supernova 20
     ArmLock AL2 grip
Ball:  image.png.10667a299706a9d7d3afd32e78f27847.png Pro Soft
Bag: image.png.1645cda6e679afe5a2659ddb2ecb59d1.png  C130

Wine is sunlight held together by water - Galileo 

1 hour ago, Off Map Oscar said:

Sign up for the PXG Hero’s Program. As a veteran you can get great deals on high quality clubs!

Edited by Javs

Play like a champion today!

Bought the wifey two new golf gloves.  She had a glove with a seam along the side of her left index finger where her right hand overlaid.  Caused her discomfort so it was replaced.  In doing so, I realized her choices were not too plentiful. She tried multiple manufacturers and couldn’t find a glove that had the correct finger length but wasn’t too tight.  Finally settled on a Calloway glove.  Went to Dick’s and was disappointed.  She likes the new glove better than the old one and doesn’t have the same discomfort.

Edited by Medfloat

Driver - Ping G410+ LA golf 65S

3wood - Ping G400 Aldia green 75S

5 wood - Ping G410 Aldia 75S

4-pw Iron - TM M3 steel fiber  i110

Ping Glide 3.0 - 50, 54, 58 Nippon 115

Odyssey O-Works 2-ball

ProV1x

7 hours ago, Sandgroper said:

Red Rooster down under is a roast chicken shop. Had to do a double take on the glove 😃

Yeah, you won't find too many Hawaiian packs with them...

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

2 minutes ago, Lefty11 said:

That’s a great deal!  I got my driver for $150 a few years back.  

Yeah a few years ago they had the 0211 for $99. Wish I’d needed one back then lol

I’ve got a bad feeling about this.

Driver-  image.png.c7958ee984bbf04f894ad61f7b2912ee.png     AI Smoke Triple Diamond 10.5 Fujikura Ventus Velocore+ 6x/ image.png.34846e03859e439eea57f542ae27df59.png  Mini Burner Copper 11.5 Project X HZRDUS Black 6.5

Fairway- image.png.05e3e95116b254160104eb63157eaf9c.png Stealth 2, 5 wood Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0/image.png.05e3e95116b254160104eb63157eaf9c.png Burner Bubble 2, 7 wood (sometimes)

Utility- IMG_5157.jpeg.41245fafb8773b507ee7f693ad6a2066.jpg.1b17f43b70edb2cc8206713b580280bc.jpg 3 Utility Project X HZRDUS Black Smoke RDX 6.0 (sometimes)

Irons- default_mizuno-small.jpg.683f01332cf642e1a0791b7880818c55.jpg JPX 921 Forged KBS $120 5-GW

Wedges-titleist.jpeg.79b06f097c7bfa5eecb9179cb2b8800a.jpg.69fcd3f4fc6e6cc63e96630188337bff.jpg Vokey SM 56 and 60

Flatstick-titleist.jpeg.79b06f097c7bfa5eecb9179cb2b8800a.jpg.69fcd3f4fc6e6cc63e96630188337bff.jpg Scotty Cameron Phantom X 7.5 

Two weeks ago, I purchased a driver shaft from Newron Shafts. It was delivered in 5 days and, I played it the next day. I was impressed with its quality and immediate playability.

Over the Labor Day weekend, I ordered replacement for my 3 and 5 metals based my experience so far.

11 minutes ago, Off Map Oscar said:

Thanks gents. I didn't look at the older PXG drivers. I game a black ops currently and have several other PXG items in the bag so I'm a big fan. I'll check them out!

Curious why you are looking for an older driver in the $200 range if you have a Black Ops in the bag? 

Is it for someone else? My curiosity is piqued!

Driver: TaylorMade M5 / Callaway Epic Sub-Zero / Callaway Epic Flash 

3W: Adams Tight Lies Titanium 13.5º (2015)

5W: Adams Tight Lies 19º (2014) 

Irons: Adams CB1 4 - GW / Adams CMB 4 - GW / Adams CB2 5 - GW 

Hybrid: Adams V4 4 iron

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore 56º / Burke Golf TF01 60º 

Putter(s): Odyssey Ai-ONE 2-Ball® / Ping Candence TR Tomcat C