Sign in to follow this  
Bogey in The Woods

National Desert Storm War Memorial Benefit Golf Tournament

Hey guys, 

I have been enlisted (yeah, again) to help organize this tournament. This is to benefit the Desert Storm War Memorial that Congress approved last year. The reason it was approved so quickly is because there will be no government funds used to build it. So This is the first of many events nation-wide that will go towards this project.

Flyer - NDSWM Benefit Golf Tournament PDF.pdf

Anyone is invited. Also, if you do not want to play but want to volunteer, we need bodies. I dont know what kind of swag might be made available, but yo know I am gonna look out for my MGS friends, maybe even Jdiddy. 

Additionally, the Chairman of the tournament has told me that it isn't uncommon for companies to buy sponsorship and ask the Chairman to fill the teams that come with the sponsorship. So that means it is QUITE possible that I may need bodies to fill out teams. The Chairman, being a Desert Storm vet will show priority to vets as well. 

We are working on having M1 Abrams, M2 Bradleys, UH-60 Blackhawks and AH-64 Apaches on hand. There will be silent auctions, giveaways and general bedlam.

The tournament committee is meeting tonight to discuss more details. You can message me or email the Chairman if you have questions. 

I would love to see an MGS turn out for this. Doesn't matter if it is playing or volunteering, or both! Let me know if you have more questions and i will post more details as I get them. 

Great tournament!  Would love to be there?  Shouldn't it be a week earlier, or are the going to be busy then?  :)

As a Desert Storm vet, I really a like this. Although Texas is a bit far for me to be able to participate, I want to say thanks for doing this tournament, this will be a great monument for families and loved ones to remember their fallen sons, daughters, brothers, sisters, Fathers , Mothers, Aunt's, Uncle's, grand fathers, grand mothers, grand sons, and grand daughters, thank you again for being a part of this fund raising endeavor, and thank you for your service.

• Like 2

So the tournament is this Friday. Can always use volunteers. 

But what I wanted to share today is that Covert Ford is putting up a brand new fully loaded F-150 as a Hole in One Prize on the Par 3 17th.  We went out yesterday and measured it off. It is a 174 yard shot over water to the green. Totally forgot to take a picture, but will be out there today after work and will snap a shot. 

""Did he swing a 7 iron or an 8?" Well to tell you the truth in all this excitement I kinda lost track myself. But being this is a (INSERT YOUR IRONS HERE), the most powerful golf club in the world and would blow your head clean off,you've gotta ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya,punk?"

• Like 3

Darn day job is in the way or else I'd seriously think about heading down for this one.  Thank you for posting it and I hope all goes well!  

Any playing spots left Bogey?

Let me see what I can do. I believe that there is a company that bought a team sponsorship, but didnt put up a team. Anyone else wanna try to make it this way if I have a slot?

Plus side: you can play

Negative side: you have to play with Diddy.....

so its a wash really

So here is the latest. We had a team drop out. Spots are PAID for. If you can text me at 512-632-9967 in the next couple of hours and be at Shadowglen Golf Course tomorrow morning by 8:30; I have a spot for you to play........

So here is the latest. We had a team drop out. Spots are PAID for. If you can text me at 512-632-9967 in the next couple of hours and be at Shadowglen Golf Course tomorrow morning by 8:30; I have a spot for you to play........

I'm in. Where you at Hula????

I went out and played. Had a great time. Bogey took care of me. He did a great job MCing the event too.

As for me, well my team shot a 62. Winners shot a 52. We were playing from the whites though, with two tiger holes. I shot a solo eagle on a short par 4. Drove the green and sunk a 15 yard double breaker putt.

• Like 2