Our Sponsors

I really like my Vokey SW. I used to be a Cleveland guy, but I don't think their grinds suit me as well. Problem with Vokey is it's not forged and I can mess around with the lie and loft too much.

3JACK

Author of Pro Golf Synopsis. The Moneyball approach to golf strategy and analysis.Driver: Wishon 919THI, 10° loft, UST Mamiya VTS Red 7x, 44-3/8” long, 2,825 kg/cm^2 MOIGONZO WOOD: confidential2-Hybrid: Mizuno Fli-HiCLK, 17° loft, 40-7/8" KBS Tour Hybrid shaft (stiff)3-Hybrid: Mizuno Fli-HiCLK, 20° loft, 40" KBS Tour Hybrid shaft (stiff)4-6 iron: Wishon 575MMC (CB)7-PW: Wishon 575MMC (MB)SW: Edel Golf driver grind, 52° loft, 16° bounce, Nippon WV 125 shaft.LW: Edel Golf Digger Grind, 60° loft, 27° bounce, Nippon WV 125 ShaftPutter: Edel Golf Columbia Custom Made, 35" long, 72° lie angle, 3° loft. Ball: Titleist Pro V1xGrips: PURE Grips P2 Wrap (red)Shoes: FootJoy Dry-Joy (black, size 14)3Jack's Golf Blog - http://3jack.blogspot.com

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SPY VIP

Right now I use the Burner gap 50* and sand 55* that match my set. I have found that I am much more consistent when they match. I can't tell you how much I want to buy tour wedges and I have. I had CG12 54/60 TM TP54/58, Cleveland 588 60*, Vokey 58*. I probably gamed the CG12s the most. Pure contact was amazing, but very infrequent.

I look at CG14's all the time. I feel like they should be in my bag, but I know that they are likely too much.

Instead, I may order the lob to match my set of burners, but right now, I am trying to learn how to open the face and hit lob distance with my 55*.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @golfspy_dave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

I've been a Vokey guy since I started playing (with one TM thrown in for good measure, which I really liked). This year I think I'm going to take a swing at some Scratch wedges and see for myself how the grinds impact my game. I really appreciate the fact that Scratch is offering something at so many price points so that you can try something without spending a fortune and feeling married to it.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

I live in Atlanta and I'm thinking of making the trip to Scratch's facility in Chattanooga as it's only 2 hours away. I'd like to try out their wedges.

3JACK

Author of Pro Golf Synopsis. The Moneyball approach to golf strategy and analysis.Driver: Wishon 919THI, 10° loft, UST Mamiya VTS Red 7x, 44-3/8” long, 2,825 kg/cm^2 MOIGONZO WOOD: confidential2-Hybrid: Mizuno Fli-HiCLK, 17° loft, 40-7/8" KBS Tour Hybrid shaft (stiff)3-Hybrid: Mizuno Fli-HiCLK, 20° loft, 40" KBS Tour Hybrid shaft (stiff)4-6 iron: Wishon 575MMC (CB)7-PW: Wishon 575MMC (MB)SW: Edel Golf driver grind, 52° loft, 16° bounce, Nippon WV 125 shaft.LW: Edel Golf Digger Grind, 60° loft, 27° bounce, Nippon WV 125 ShaftPutter: Edel Golf Columbia Custom Made, 35" long, 72° lie angle, 3° loft. Ball: Titleist Pro V1xGrips: PURE Grips P2 Wrap (red)Shoes: FootJoy Dry-Joy (black, size 14)3Jack's Golf Blog - http://3jack.blogspot.com

I have tried a lot of the custom wedges and I liked Scratch the best of those but don't think I have ever gotten the correct grind for me ... hence I have switched b/t my 2 favs over the years: Titleist and Cleveland. Currently play the new CG15s and like them a lot.

Although I've heard mixed reviews on the new Jaws wedge, I'm a big fan of Callaway's X-Forged wedges. The Mac Daddy grooves are the real deal as far as spin (and control) are concerned. How Roger Cleveland designed wedges could be left out of the discussion so far is mind-boggling.

^ this.

I love my X forged MD set. (52, 56, 60)

This weekend I tired many different wedges. I Didn't like the Callaway Jaws simply cus it didn't feel right in my hands and the feel on the face wasn't the best. I did like the Scratch but I don' think the wedge I had was the correct grind for me but still a great club. Cleveland CG15 was mehh and so was the new Mizuno, nothing bad about them but nothing to write home about. When it came down to it I still loved my Vokeys which are still new to me since they only have 3 full rounds on them but about twice as much range time. Bottom line is wedges and putters are all personal prefrence and what looks best to you.

Titleist 905R 9.5* w/ RIP Beta 60x

Adams 4060 16* w/ Matrix F7M2s

Maltby KE4 Tour 19* w/ AXE Xcaliber Tour Hybrid TS

Adams CB1 3-PW w/ KBS Tour S Hardstepped 1x

Scratch 8620 DS TNC grind 53* & DS EGG grind 58* w/ Dynamic Gold S300

Ping Redwood D66 w/ KBS Tour Black Nickel

Not sure of what Cleveland wedges might be right for you? Well we have a wedge fitting system that can help you decide! Bounce, lofts, and style all in one place. You can check it out.

Cleveland Golf's Wedge Fitting System

• SPY VIP

Not sure of what Cleveland wedges might be right for you? Well we have a wedge fitting system that can help you decide! Bounce, lofts, and style all in one place. You can check it out.

Cleveland Golf's Wedge Fitting System

This is a nice service. Owned a set of CG12 that were not right for me. Interesting result that it was CG15 for PW and GW with CG14 for the SW.

Volvo Intorqueo

Everyone talks about their favorite wedge, but what is the true difference between the Vokeys, Cleveland and Mizuno wedges... other than feeling, im probably not tech savy enough to tell the difference.

any thought.

I am just an amateur golfer but have tried many wedges from low cost to high end and have found no wedge that compares to the Solus 4.1 and 7.1! These things produce so much spin even for a guy like me (and trust me my swing is not the best! LOL) you almost have to get used to the stopping power of these wedges! The Solus Wedge feels great due to the great balance they have also. I don't know about anyone else but my vote is for the affordable Solus Wedge with the old box grooves! Anyone else ever tried these wedges? Looks like you can enter to win a new set of the tour only wedges right here on Golf Spy but once again I am sticking with the box groove, why not? Don't think I will be making the PGA anytime soon! LOL, Steve-o

• SPY VIP

I am just an amateur golfer but have tried many wedges from low cost to high end and have found no wedge that compares to the Solus 4.1 and 7.1! These things produce so much spin even for a guy like me (and trust me my swing is not the best! LOL) you almost have to get used to the stopping power of these wedges! The Solus Wedge feels great due to the great balance they have also. I don't know about anyone else but my vote is for the affordable Solus Wedge with the old box grooves! Anyone else ever tried these wedges? Looks like you can enter to win a new set of the tour only wedges right here on Golf Spy but once again I am sticking with the box groove, why not? Don't think I will be making the PGA anytime soon! LOL, Steve-o

Like these?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Solus-RD-Series-4-1-3-Wedge-Set-51-56-61_W0QQitemZ250593788104QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGolf_Clubs?hash=item3a588dc0c8#ht_500wt_1182

[not my auction, btw}

Volvo Intorqueo

• SPY VIP

Welcome to the MyGolfSpy Forum Steve-O.

I agree that Solus makes a great wedge. They have some great TOUR ONLY wedges they are giving away in our contest...the not yet released FC-10's.

#TruthDigest

Follow @MyGolfSpy

Chris, what is going on with SSB and wedges? You guys going to have some for production?

Would love one of those! The milling on them is Stunning!!

I did a small run. I think I have a few chrome heads left, and have a decent amount of raw heads as well. Shoot me an e-mail or PM if you are interested.

Chris Jordan

23836_1246921490608_1156541241_30561961_4305609_s.jpg

Sunset Beach Custom Putters

Email me

Driver: Adams Fast 10 w/ Matrix Ozik TP6HD

3 Wood: Nickent 3dx Tour 3+ w/ UST Mamiya Black

5 Wood: Bridgestone J38 / Motore F1

Hybrid: TM Rescue TP 22* w/ UST Mamiya Black

4-PW: Bridgestone J38 Dual Pocket Cavity w/ Project X

52* and 58* - J38 Black Oxide w/ Project X

Putter - SSB Ocracoke in Oil-Rubbed Bronze

Ball - Srixon Z-Star Tour Diamond or Bridgestone B-330S

• SPY VIP

I did a small run. I think I have a few chrome heads left, and have a decent amount of raw heads as well. Shoot me an e-mail or PM if you are interested.

Had to go to your site to check these out. Very nice. Some stellar putters there too!

Volvo Intorqueo