JTexGolfer

Aerotech Steelfiber in wedges

Our Sponsors

Bought a set of (barely) used Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw shafts for some irons I am assembling. The shafts came in 3-PW lengths. Aerotech site shows the constant weight version to be taper tip butt trim only, so here is my question:

I don't carry a 3 iron and my 4 iron already had this shaft in it. Can I simply cut down the 3 and 4 iron shafts from the butt end and use them in my 50 and 54 wedges? Looking at the shafts the logos wouldn't line up the same, so this makes me wonder if these are already tip trimmed for the various lengths they were sold as. What changes if any would this make to the shaft?

Thanks in advance. Used to assemble my own clubs but got out of it for years. My brain is still foggy on some of this stuff!

I have a Bridgestone 52* gap wedge with Aerotech steelfiber shaft in it....used to be my favorite club. I would probably still play it if the grooves weren't worn out

Parallel tips yes you could. Taper tips you would need to know both the shaft OD and the hosel ID (Outer and Inner Diameter) to know if they fit or not. I doubt that you want to try to ream out your wedge hosels

Sent from my Nexus 6P using MyGolfSpy mobile app