Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Aerotech Steelfiber in wedges

Bought a set of (barely) used Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw shafts for some irons I am assembling. The shafts came in 3-PW lengths. Aerotech site shows the constant weight version to be taper tip butt trim only, so here is my question:

I don't carry a 3 iron and my 4 iron already had this shaft in it. Can I simply cut down the 3 and 4 iron shafts from the butt end and use them in my 50 and 54 wedges? Looking at the shafts the logos wouldn't line up the same, so this makes me wonder if these are already tip trimmed for the various lengths they were sold as. What changes if any would this make to the shaft?

Thanks in advance. Used to assemble my own clubs but got out of it for years. My brain is still foggy on some of this stuff!

:ping-small:                      400 Driver (8*)                      UST ATTAS Punch 6S

:cobra-small:               F6 Baffler (16*)                      Matrix Red Tie 65Q4

:titelist-small:                        816 H1 Hybrid (21*,23*)        Diamana S+ Blue 82 HY

:srixon-small:                        Z765 (5-PW) +2*                    Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:titelist-small:                        Vokey SM5 50.08F 54.10M   Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:callaway-small:                         PM Grind 60*                         Dynamic Gold S400

:ping-small:                      TR 1966 Anser 2

:srixon-small: Z Star ball        

:ping-small:  Pioneer Cart Bag

I have a Bridgestone 52* gap wedge with Aerotech steelfiber shaft in it....used to be my favorite club. I would probably still play it if the grooves weren't worn out

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

Parallel tips yes you could. Taper tips you would need to know both the shaft OD and the hosel ID (Outer and Inner Diameter) to know if they fit or not. I doubt that you want to try to ream out your wedge hosels

Sent from my Nexus 6P using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:callaway-small: Rogue SZ 10.5 *NEW* Fujikura Pro Green 65 X

:callaway-small: Rogue 15 degree Evnflow Blue 6.5

Back in the Bag :srixon-small: Z765 4-G Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

:vokey-small: 54 and 60

:bobby-grace-1: Amazing Grace Ass Kicker

Archived