Kudos to TaylorMade

Matt Saternus

In a recent thread (I forget which one), I was discussing with some other members how the interchangeable shaft technology has so much promise, but that it's cost-prohibitive for most golfers. Apparently TaylorMade was listening, because they recently started selling authentic FCT tips for, I believe, less than $20 each. Now, did they do this out of the goodness of their heart? Probably not. More likely, they were tired of other people making money selling fake FCT tips and of having fake tips fail and get sent back to TM for warranty issues. Regardless of the why, this technology is now widely available to everyone at a very low price, so, again, kudos TM!

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

Would be able to put this on any club? How would that work- would you need to change the shaft?

Not sure if I'm understanding your question correctly, but:

The FCT tip that TM is selling is something that you attach to a shaft to make it play in an R9 head. The tip is useless for any head other than an R9.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

The FCT tip that TM is selling is something that you attach to a shaft to make it play in an R9 head. The tip is useless for any head other than an R9.

Just to add: there's a screw that gets threaded through the bottom of the head into the shaft/adaptor. I guess, theoretically, it's plausible to retrofit a different model; but you'd more than likely have a better chance of winning the Powerball and getting struck by lightning twice while standing in front of an old "Lucky Strikes" billboard than successfully converting a head.

Just to add: there's a screw that gets threaded through the bottom of the head into the shaft/adaptor. I guess, theoretically, it's plausible to retrofit a different model; but you'd more than likely have a better chance of winning the Powerball and getting struck by lightning twice while standing in front of an old "Lucky Strikes" billboard than successfully converting a head.

Ah, I got it now. Thanks.

Ah, I got it now. Thanks.

Archived