Sign in to follow this  
GolfSpy Dave

The Masters: Stealth Viewing Strategies?

It's The Masters Week

So I plan on watching a bit more golf than usual this week, and wouldn't you know it, that whole work thing is cutting into my golf watching. Now I'm not saying we should all ignore our jobs, but there must be a way for work and golf watching to coexist.

Thankfully, we have our phones. Little pocket-sized windows into the coolness at Augusta. If you have a cable account, or Direct TV, you can get a little feed going from the security of your trousers. FYI, here is the Direct TV (in 4K High Dynamic Range (HDR) no less) coverage for Thursday and Friday:

• Thursday, April 5 and Friday, April 6: â€œAmen Corner,” Holes 11, 12 and 13 from 10am-6pmET (DIRECTV Channel 105), and Holes 15 and 16 from 11am-6:45pmET (DIRECTV Channel 106)
  • Saturday, April 7 and Sunday, April 8: â€œAmen Corner,” Holes 11, 12 and 13 from 12pm-6pmET (DIRECTV Channel 105), and Holes 15 and 16 from 12:45pm-6:30pmET (DIRECTV Channel 106)

Your Ninja Viewing Plan?

brionvega-algol-tv.jpg

How are you planning on sneaking in some golf-watching at work this week? Will you just open an extra window in your monitor, or do you have a more elaborate plan hatched out?

Work will still be there next week, but it will be another year before The Masters is on!

Share your ideas so we can all slack off together this week :)

• Like 3

Screw being sneaky.  We have 3 60" TVs behind me that are usually dedicated to alerts, support tickets and things like that.  One of them will be switched to an Apple TV Thursday morning.  

• Like 2

I've got to sneak it in between classes, during my planning time, at lunch, etc. I have a tablet that I'll let it run on. It will definitely cut down on my MGS time for a few days.

Sent from my XT1585 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Masters appleTV app. Also the CBS coverage. I took vacation to watch the Masters, so not really Stealth.

Also. It looks like they'll be streaming it on the Masters YouTube channel.

Masters app. Watched Masters on the Range and pond skipping this morning.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Master app and TV coverage, will be home watching!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Tried to take off work Thursday and Fridyay, but I couldn't get it. I'll watch as much as I can on the app, then plan on having a little get together and BBQ Saturday and Sunday.

• Like 1

Well Thursday I get to take my daughter to Raleigh for her checkup, not sure how much I will get to watch, Friday I think we are heading to Myrtle for the day, maybe overnight, not sure yet. Saturday the weather is supposed to jacked up, so I will probably watch, and of course Sunday, I will def be watching

Thanks for the heads up didn't know there was an masters app for apple

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

Also working from home so no sneaking needed but I do plan on borrowing my wife's computer so I can watch it and still attempt to get some work done on mine (not likely)

• Like 1

I'll try to have it on TV as much as possible, but 4yr old + 7yr old both on spring break means plenty of DisneyJR.  So I'll park the iPad next to me as a backup with the Masters app.

Zero chance of golf this weekend with another 6" of snowing falling as I type this, but I think our course may open up the bar for Master's viewing so I'm hoping to head up there Friday or Sat during the day.

• Like 3

We have three TV in my office. Two usually runs new broadcasts and the other is in our mediation room with the massage chair. Guess which one will be tuned into the masters? 😂🤣😂 you got it.. Massage and the masters for most of the day... Ha ha ha...

MDGolfHacker

• Like 2

I'm sure you could get really stealth with the Masters app on an IPhone. I didn't have any cable tv (live in a valley so no over-the-air signal either) last year so I had the Masters app on my iPad for last years tournament and it was great. Very stable app and I was really impressed that it worked so well and the experience was so polished for an app that gets used for a few days of the year.

This year I have Directv Now and an Apple TV so I got the Masters app again.

Plus, my wife is taking my daughters to Girl Scouts Sunday, which is usually my job, so I can hopefully watch the final round in peace.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Retired so I will be watching AND playing lot's of golf this week!  The weather in Georgia is absolutely beautiful for Masters week....  :wub:   

• Like 7

Dang Meyer. By the Sunday we will probably get 18+” in a week here. Long winter. My shoulder feels good enough to hit some short irons. Wish I could go hit the practice facility, probably at least another month.

• Like 3

Had to make do today for the early holes, as we had a four hour round trip to pick up our new pup.

IMG_5112.jpeg

• Like 2

Since my 3 sister-in-laws are still visiting, I either watched in the bedroom(46”) on the lanai(32”) or my iPad 9” courtesy of Masters App. The iPad was needed as I was attending a family fish fry.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy