Forum Structure Change: Equipment, University, and *Community* Read more... ×
Win a Custom Wedge Wizard Wedge: MGS Trick Shot Challenge Read more... ×
hckymeyer

The Masters 2018 - Official thread

the-masters-logo.jpg18-0606_US_WS_My_Golf_Spy_Fantasy_League_GF_Logo_FNL.jpg - Edited.jpg

It's officially Masters week so let's start the trash talking and chatter. 

Don't forget we've got 2 more days to enter the official #SpyStaffSlam found HERE so head over and get your team selected before Wed, April 4th around Midnight.

Then come back and let's talk all things Masters!

• Like 9

I'm predicting Tiger finishing in the top 20 but not winning it. As much as I'd like to see it, I don't think it's his time quite yet

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Phil. I always choose Phil. Hey it worked a few times.

Boy this “should” be a very good Masters tournament the year. Personally I think this is probably the most difficult pick at he Nasters in a long time. There are so many guys right now that are playing well enough to take home the green jacket, and their always seems to be that 1 guy that just shows up out of nowhere, like Shwartzel, or Oosthuiznen, Willet. Come Sunday I think there will be at least 7 big names at the top. Guys like Rose, Phil, JS, JT, DJ, Rory, Bubba, and probably 3 or 4 othersz These guys typically play well here. then you throw in guys like Rickie, Sneds, Kuchar, Tiger, Louis who could easily find the swing for the week. It's crazy the number of guys. What about some of the old guys. Langer, Freddie, or Cabrera, Ernie. Not that they will win, but it always seems that one of them is up towards the top on saturday afternoon. It's goong to be fun to watch. Then there's always a chance that one or two of them could run off and hide with this thing as well. Looking forward to watching when I can.

• Like 6

If Sergio pulls this off again, he'll name a son Augustus or a daughter Augustine.

• Like 6

It's a tradition unlike any other!

I've been waiting for this thread to pop for 3 weeks. So much so that I bugged the MGS staff about it today :D  Sorry Hcky

I've got my lineup set for the Wilson contest as well!  

• Like 6

I'm like a kid in a candy store. Can't get enough of it. I know last year I said the Masters and the Open Championship were tied. But the Masters is hands down my favorite. I do like links golf better, but this is the best run tournament by a country mile!

• Like 4

If Sergio pulls this off again, he'll name a son Augustus or a daughter Augustine.

Those would be much better options than the names of some of the other holes out there!

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Those would be much better options than the names of some of the other holes out there!

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

I'd bet it would be Seve.

• Like 1

Looking for a lefty win, Phil or Bubba. Ted Potter jr might be a long shot.

• Like 2

Looking for a lefty win, Phil or Bubba. Ted Potter jr might be a long shot.

Can't forget about the other long shot lefty, Brian Harman.

• Like 3

Can't forget about the other long shot lefty, Brian Harman.

I was thinking the same thing, but he generally doesn't play well there.

• Like 2

As Kor said above there are many guys who have a better than legitimate chance to win this.

I bet the leader board Saturday night is going to be something special, crowded with big names.

I haven't made my pool picks yet. Keeping an eye out for trips, falls, sliced finger while cutting a bagel or anything remotely crazy!!

• Like 5