Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Square Strike Wedge Unofficial Review

ole gray

I bet I know what forum you got fried on for that review--- Either WRX or GEA---- You are correct a chipper is not the same as a 8 iron. It is all together a different animal. Those Green Things are 45* which if you want to be technical can be anything from a 8 iron to a PW depending on the set now days. FWIW I would never make the smart aleck comment to someone as in "learn to use a 8 iron" I have always been about use what you can use and fits your game.

Love it Big Stu! No "smart alecks allowed!

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

Ok folks I played today and the light switch came on.  You MUST keep the square face wedge's face square to the intended target.  It graded out as a B+ today and only because I will need more time with it to put it in the HAWT DAYUMMMMMMM  category.One thing for sure is if you use it for what it was designed for, you will no doubt benefit from this club.  Another thing is it will be a permanent fixture in my bag.  I will be doing a few videos next week for you all to see what I'm talking about as the proof is in the pudding.  For now, I'm a fan!  

Cant wait to see them OG!

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

Well despite my good intentions I was unable to take the square strike out to practice before my round yesterday. Did get a few minutes on practice green to get a feel for it and it felt great after i choked up on it a little more. Even chipped one in from off the green and some near misses. On the course a little of a mixed bag. Depending on the lie my results were mixed but I think that is more operator error than club error so I definetly will practice with it more! I actually did hit 2 shots out of the sand with it that went really well. Back to the course today for some more work on it...

Well despite my good intentions I was unable to take the square strike out to practice before my round yesterday. Did get a few minutes on practice green to get a feel for it and it felt great after i choked up on it a little more. Even chipped one in from off the green and some near misses. On the course a little of a mixed bag. Depending on the lie my results were mixed but I think that is more operator error than club error so I definetly will practice with it more! I actually did hit 2 shots out of the sand with it that went really well. Back to the course today for some more work on it...

Good stuff Steve and no doubt it takes many swings to get it figured out.  I had problems skulling the ball especially off tight lies to begin with however choking down helped to eliminate most of the skinnys.  If you move your melon (head) not even the square strike will save ya.  Also like I said in one of my earlier posts, you can chunk it too although the infomercial says it virtually chunk free.  This club definitely requires some work as it's not unbox and miracles happen.  Maybe the guys on TV can make it happen however for me it's taking some bonding time to develop the proper skill to maximize its potential.  With that said it does a good job if you put in the time. 

I hit some balls off the range yesterday that were eye opening.  I picked a target 75 yards out and was hitting nice high shots like a  normal wedge.  To say the least I was surprised at how easy it was to hit those type shots.  It's really easy to hit out of fairway bunkers so give that a try when the opportunity comes. 

Keep those thoughts coming!

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Beware! Fast undulating greens and the Square Strike Wedge are not compatible.   At least not for me.  I had one hell of a time judging where to land the ball to get it anywhere near the vicinity of the hole.  We played the University of Georgia golf course today and those bent grass greens are huge with severe undulation.  They were running 11 today on the stimp.  I had to use my putter over the SSW in many instances today as I had better luck  lagging the ball with my putter.  I gave up on the SSW and will have to grade it out with a C today.

Calling it like I see it folks.......     

Cleveland

You sure you didn't get carried away with the age-defying cream this morning?

You know I think you are on to something!  ;)  Too much age defying cream throws ya system into a funk causing spastic chipping and excessive cussing.  :D

Cleveland

I went out this morning, played about 12 holes and then worked with the SSW a bit.   Very good results!   I was chipping from 30, 15, & 5 yards off the green and holed quite a few.  I even shot a video with my cell phone which show the shots on the 30 & 15 yard chips. Only problem was I had the lens focusing the wrong way.  :wacko:  I thought I had it reversed so the phone  was recording towards me from behind  the hole ( to get the action going towards it) and it was pointing out towards the golf course.....  :angry:   I was hot and ready to head home so I left.. Oh well I may get back out there later this evening and do a retake......  

Cleveland

Beware! Fast undulating greens and the Square Strike Wedge are not compatible.   At least not for me.  I had one hell of a time judging where to land the ball to get it anywhere near the vicinity of the hole.  We played the University of Georgia golf course today and those bent grass greens are huge with severe undulation.  They were running 11 today on the stimp.  I had to use my putter over the SSW in many instances today as I had better luck  lagging the ball with my putter.  I gave up on the SSW and will have to grade it out with a C today.

Did I say permanent fixture in my bag a few posts back?  :blink:   After today's round and if I have to play this type of course on a more frequent basis, I'd have to renege that statement.  Calling it like I see it folks.......     

You need to come up here where I can teach you how to belly that thing on fast greens. I showed Checkers that trick yesterday. In fact Checkers chunked one with his yesterday and remarked "I thought you could not chunk one with this" I told him that any club can be chunked especially when one moves everything but his bowels on a shot which he did. I tried something with his messing around yesterday that I do with a 7 iron on a fast bump and run. Delofted it some and hit it about equator height with the two bottom grooves. Also did a couple of bellies with it hitting it straight on the top with the sole. fun club to mess around with. In fact I am in the process of building a similar one to mess around with out of a Cleveland SP 45* wedge. That wedge has a wide flange like the SS and I added about 10 grams of lead tape to the bottom at the back and bent it up to about 67* lie. Just a experimental play toy for me to mess with. Eventually I will end up with one when someone here will say this thing ain't worth a *&$* and I will trade them out of it. Remember no club is a cure all . Sometimes you have to adapt with the same club for different conditions. Green side if on fast undulating greens I use a putter a lot if the fringe conditions dictate. Webb Simpson was a perfect example of that this week at the Players. I rarely use a wedge greenside I may use a 7 iron bump and run or a 8 iron bump and run. I may also belly wedge. Short game is my forte and that is what I practice most when I practice. My attitude is if I get it on or around the green I have a chance to make any putt. My short game is how I have made it all these years and can still maintain a 5 handicap despite not playing but 1 or 2 times a week and rarely practicing. But practice with the club and develop your own way of using it and get versatile with it. The real old timers like my old man could 5 iron you to death around a green. Keep on experimenting with it 

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

You need to come up here where I can teach you how to belly that thing on fast greens. I showed Checkers that trick yesterday. In fact Checkers chunked one with his yesterday and remarked "I thought you could not chunk one with this" I told him that any club can be chunked especially when one moves everything but his bowels on a shot which he did. I tried something with his messing around yesterday that I do with a 7 iron on a fast bump and run. Delofted it some and hit it about equator height with the two bottom grooves. Also did a couple of bellies with it hitting it straight on the top with the sole. fun club to mess around with. In fact I am in the process of building a similar one to mess around with out of a Cleveland SP 45* wedge. That wedge has a wide flange like the SS and I added about 10 grams of lead tape to the bottom at the back and bent it up to about 67* lie. Just a experimental play toy for me to mess with. Eventually I will end up with one when someone here will say this thing ain't worth a *&$* and I will trade them out of it. Remember no club is a cure all . Sometimes you have to adapt with the same club for different conditions. Green side if on fast undulating greens I use a putter a lot if the fringe conditions dictate. Webb Simpson was a perfect example of that this week at the Players. I rarely use a wedge greenside I may use a 7 iron bump and run or a 8 iron bump and run. I may also belly wedge. Short game is my forte and that is what I practice most when I practice. My attitude is if I get it on or around the green I have a chance to make any putt. My short game is how I have made it all these years and can still maintain a 5 handicap despite not playing but 1 or 2 times a week and rarely practicing. But practice with the club and develop your own way of using it and get versatile with it. The real old timers like my old man could 5 iron you to death around a green. Keep on experimenting with it 

Stu I would LOVE to spend a day with you golfing, working on a few tips, and picking ya brain.  No doubt it would be a blast!

Yea I'm getting better every round out with it on my course.  I know my greens like the back of my hand and there are opportunities galore to use the SSW.   I can tell you I am impressed enough that it's not going anywhere.  No doubt there were times on those UGA greens a putter would have been the proper weapon of choice.  I was trying to force something with the SSW and that's a no no. 

I shot a great video Saturday afternoon which would have shown several quality shots with the SSW.  The only problem being when I got home, I had the camera reversed so it was recording opposite (towards the golf course) the shots I wanted to show you all....  I'm going to do a retake tomorrow and I promise this time I will take a look before i leave the golf course.  

No doubt there will be some folks who give up on this wedge before they give it a fair chance.  They're thinking pull it out of the box and I will be a chipping fool. When they skull a few across the green or chunk one they will want their money back.  It's by no means a miracle club and you have to put in the time to figure it out.  I roll my eyes when I see someone on facebook talking about how it doesn't work like the infomercials say it should.   No shat Sherlock! It's not an instant cure for someone who has been hacking chips longer than Uncle Jed's been plowing mules.  

The good thing is the folks at SSW offer a sixty day money back guarantee. I suppose that will ease the pain for those thinking they will turn  into Seve Ballesteros overnight.   :wacko:

Cleveland

I'm going to post my initial video however the quality is not what I wanted.   It will show some good shots and I chipped in the last two so that's pretty special.   I will go out later today or early tomorrow pre round and position the camera where you can see the balls approaching the hole.  I will set up from different pin positions so you can see the results with a much clearer video. 

https://youtu.be/N_0tbOURR04

Cleveland

I'm going to post my initial video however the quality is not what I wanted. It will show some good shots and I chipped in the last two so that's pretty special. I will go out later today or early tomorrow pre round and position the camera where you can see the balls approaching the hole. I will set up from different pin positions so you can see the results with a much clearer video.

https://youtu.be/N_0tbOURR04

Looks good. You're going to have to register that thing as a deadly weapon.

Sent from my XT1585 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:ping-small:  G30 3W

:cobra-small: King S9-1 5W

:taylormade-small: Aeroburner 3 Rescue/Hybrid

:ping-small: G400  5-UW

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52* and 56*

:rife-putters-1: 2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag

I try to mix it up dropping balls at different areas of a practice green, not striking any two balls from one location.

Also, I try to tell myself that "this is to get up and down to save par" or " this is the chip I often have on hole #7" etc.... In other words, at the practice green I try to do something to create some pressure similar to the golf course. 

I'll hit some from different locations tomorrow pending a weather front moving up from Florida. 

Looks good. You're going to have to register that thing as a deadly weapon.

It's nicknamed the pocket picker  ;)

Cleveland

Actually, practice chipping greens are an interesting subject for me, because I visit one often and look like Rickie Fowler knocking just about every pitch or chip next to the hole. But on the course, with the pressure of needing to make an up and down, it's a different story as I rarely strike a chip or pitch shot next to the hole.

There is an older gentleman that plays in our group who loves to challenge us in the short game practice area.  He's deadly with anything within 50 yards.   We only play a quarter per shot closest to the hole however those quarters can add up quickly!   It's fun because it puts a little pressure on ya.  :unsure:

Cleveland

Today I headed out to hit a few shots at our chipping green with the Square Strike Wedge before my round.  In the first video the green is sloped away from me and you will see a couple of shots skulled  :unsure:  past the hole.  Still in the 4 - 5 foot range so not all bad.  A couple were left short in the 3 - 4 foot range and a couple went in the hole. 

https://youtu.be/f5zBayEr3JE

The second video is showing chips from approximately 30 yards from the hole .   It's also a downhill approach with the ball breaking back to the left.  I hit one bad shot as I had the greenskeeper rushing me off so he could do his thing.  Anyways I would take four out of five of those shots all day long!

https://youtu.be/vCnvT1uwka8

I saved par four times today with the SSW with exceptional chips and pitches.  It has officially made the Ole Gray HAWT DAYUMMMMMM list and finally made Honor Roll with an A on the report card. 

I've said before the more I use it the better I like it so if you start out having problems with skulls & chunks or whatever, just work with it a little and the payoff is pretty good.  I had some really tough chips on the course today and came away grinning.   

Remember it's not a miracle out of the box!  It's fallible just like any club you purchase however it does have serious potential to help you with your short game.  I'm keeping mine!

Cleveland

Today I headed out to hit a few shots at our chipping green with the Square Strike Wedge before my round.  In the first video the green is sloped away from me and you will see a couple of shots skulled  :unsure:  past the hole.  Still in the 4 - 5 foot range so not all bad.  A couple were left short in the 3 - 4 foot range and a couple went in the hole. 

The second video is showing chips from approximately 30 yards from the hole .   It's also a downhill approach with the ball breaking back to the left.  I hit one bad shot as I had the greenskeeper rushing me off so he could do his thing.  Anyways I would take four out of five of those shots all day long!

I saved par four times today with the SSW with exceptional chips and pitches.  It has officially made the Ole Gray HAWT DAYUMMMMMM list and finally made Honor Roll with an A on the report card. 

I've said before the more I use it the better I like it so if you start out having problems with skulls & chunks or whatever, just work with it a little and the payoff is pretty good.  I had some really tough chips on the course today and came away grinning.   

Remember it's not a miracle out of the box!  It's fallible just like any club you purchase however it does have serious potential to help you with your short game.  I'm keeping mine!

Great vids OG!  Nice camera work.... liked seeing how the ball came off the face and approached the hole.

Already updated your sig!!  

Maybe you've already posted it but have you had a chance to use it from a greenside bunker?  Can you just chip with it from the bunker?

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

Great vids OG!  Nice camera work.... liked seeing how the ball came off the face and approached the hole.

Already updated your sig!!  

Maybe you've already posted it but have you had a chance to use it from a greenside bunker?  Can you just chip with it from the bunker?

Thanks and yes I have had success with it out of greenside bunkers.  As long as there are no really tall lips in front of you, it's easy peasy to punch out of a trap.  Almost like cheating with that big butt and beveled edge it has.  Also extremely easy out of fairway bunkers for those who are paranoid about getting out of those. 

Cleveland

Today I headed out to hit a few shots at our chipping green with the Square Strike Wedge before my round. In the first video the green is sloped away from me and you will see a couple of shots skulled :unsure: past the hole. Still in the 4 - 5 foot range so not all bad. A couple were left short in the 3 - 4 foot range and a couple went in the hole.

The second video is showing chips from approximately 30 yards from the hole . It's also a downhill approach with the ball breaking back to the left. I hit one bad shot as I had the greenskeeper rushing me off so he could do his thing. Anyways I would take four out of five of those shots all day long!

I saved par four times today with the SSW with exceptional chips and pitches. It has officially made the Ole Gray HAWT DAYUMMMMMM list and finally made Honor Roll with an A on the report card.

I've said before the more I use it the better I like it so if you start out having problems with skulls & chunks or whatever, just work with it a little and the payoff is pretty good. I had some really tough chips on the course today and came away grinning.

Remember it's not a miracle out of the box! It's fallible just like any club you purchase however it does have serious potential to help you with your short game. I'm keeping mine!

Remind me to check your bag for the “Pocket Picker” before I play you for money OG! You are figuring that thing out for sure. Have enjoyed seeing the videos. I've got to get my wife one of these. Hell I may use it.

:ping-small:                      400 Driver (8*)                      UST ATTAS Punch 6S

:cobra-small:               F6 Baffler (16*)                      Matrix Red Tie 65Q4

:titelist-small:                        816 H1 Hybrid (21*,23*)        Diamana S+ Blue 82 HY

:srixon-small:                        Z765 (5-PW) +2*                    Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:titelist-small:                        Vokey SM5 50.08F 54.10M   Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:callaway-small:                         PM Grind 60*                         Dynamic Gold S400

:ping-small:                      TR 1966 Anser 2

:srixon-small: Z Star ball        

:ping-small:  Pioneer Cart Bag

Remind me to check your bag for the “Pocket Picker” before I play you for money OG! You are figuring that thing out for sure. Have enjoyed seeing the videos. I've got to get my wife one of these. Hell I may use it.

haha thanks pal!  :D   Yea the ole pocket picker will be making them old boys I play with cry. They'll be tearing up like a sow who lost her last ear of corn.    ;)

Cleveland

So interesting to see this actually be put to work!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver:    :taylormade-small: M4 10.5* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Woods: :taylormade-small: M6 3W 15* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: M4 Rescue 19* / KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype 85g Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Irons:    :srixon-small:  Z585 4-AW / KBS Tour 90 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Wedges:cleveland-small: CBX - 56* & 60* / KBS Hi Rev 2.0 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4 Platinum / Superstroke Pistol

Ball:    :taylormade-small: Project a

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer 14

So interesting to see this actually be put to work!

It was funny because one of my old red neck buddies said, “Hey what ya got there boy, a chipper”? I said, “Yea and I'm going to chip that billfold right off yo arse here shortly”!

Cleveland

I chipped one in for a birdie today and saved a few pars with solid chips so I was a happy camper with the SSW today!

Next week I may do a demo from out of sand traps and even hit some 75 to 100 yard shots.  This club can be used from just about anywhere.  It takes practice to hone those skills however it does have the capability to perform. 

Cleveland

Good to hear, buddy.

But have you determined whether it's the club or that age regenerist cream you're using? :ph34r:

Well I'd be lying if I said the age defying regenerist cream wasn't a major factor.  ;)

Cleveland

I chipped one in for a birdie today and saved a few pars with solid chips so I was a happy camper with the SSW today!

Next week I may do a demo from out of sand traps and even hit some 75 to 100 yard shots. This club can be used from just about anywhere. It takes practice to hone those skills however it does have the capability to perform.

OG, do you suppose that you could have gotten the same results with some type of "traditional" club if you had put the same amount of time into practicing and doing the same kinds of drills with it? I'm wondering what percentage is the club and what percentage is the practice that you've put in.

Either way, I'm glad it's working for you.

My Bag:

OG, do you suppose that you could have gotten the same results with some type of "traditional" club if you had put the same amount of time into practicing and doing the same kinds of drills with it? I'm wondering what percentage is the club and what percentage is the practice that you've put in.

Either way, I'm glad it's working for you.

That's a good question and no doubt if you put in the time with a particular club, you will receive dividends.   I could have put the same amount of work in with a conventional PW and received similar results. The difference IMO is the SSW has more bounce and a beveled edge which does help reduce fat shots.  I want to make sure everyone knows that you can still chunk the SSW. You have to practice using the bounce so that it skims across the ground as it was designed to do.  If someone who is looking at purchasing one of these and learns to use the bounce correctly, it can be a cool tool to have in your arsenal. It will not be an automatic fix for your chipping woes.  It does have a return option if you don't find it not working for your game. Simply pack it up and send it back for a full refund.   Just make sure you don't alter the grip, length, etc. and leave it as received.   I'm keeping mine as it has a boat load of potential for creative shot making. 

Cleveland

That's a good question and no doubt if you put in the time with a particular club, you will receive dividends.   I could have put the same amount of work in with a conventional PW and received similar results. The difference IMO is the SSW has more bounce and a beveled edge which does help reduce fat shots.  I want to make sure everyone knows that you can still chunk the SSW. You have to practice using the bounce so that it skims across the ground as it was designed to do.  If someone who is looking at purchasing one of these and learns to use the bounce correctly, it can be a cool tool to have in your arsenal. It will not be an automatic fix for your chipping woes.  It does have a return option if you don't find it not working for your game. Simply pack it up and send it back for a full refund.   Just make sure you don't alter the grip, length, etc. and leave it as received.   I'm keeping mine as it has a boat load of potential for creative shot making. 

Very good.  As you may or may not have seen in a couple of other threads I bought my son, who only fairly recently started playing, both a Vokey 54* wedge and an old Dunlop chipper which is not unlike the SSW.  (Both at Goodwill for about 2.99 each ;) )  He doesn't really get any practice time, just course time and the chipper is way ahead of the Vokey around the greens for him.  He basically uses a putter stroke, right down to the pencil grip he adopted.

I've been seriously considering adding something like this to the arsenal, and since I don't get that much practice time, mostly course time, I didn't know if you felt the practice was what was actually making the difference or the club itself.

As a lefty, I don't run into those kinds of chippers.  I'm going to have to make a retail purchase, and don't want to spend the money if it's not the club as much as the practice.  I'm just a cheap SOB. :P

My Bag:

Very good.  As you may or may not have seen in a couple of other threads I bought my son, who only fairly recently started playing, both a Vokey 54* wedge and an old Dunlop chipper which is not unlike the SSW.  (Both at Goodwill for about 2.99 each ;) )  He doesn't really get any practice time, just course time and the chipper is way ahead of the Vokey around the greens for him.  He basically uses a putter stroke, right down to the pencil grip he adopted.

I've been seriously considering adding something like this to the arsenal, and since I don't get that much practice time, mostly course time, I didn't know if you felt the practice was what was actually making the difference or the club itself.

As a lefty, I don't run into those kinds of chippers.  I'm going to have to make a retail purchase, and don't want to spend the money if it's not the club as much as the practice.  I'm just a cheap SOB. :P

There are a lot of folks commenting on how it helps them on the Square Strike Wedge facebook page.   I noticed mostly older folks and Ladies commenting.  Of course putting something even remotely similar to a chipper, in a young stud's bag would be taboo.  :D  I think it's a macho thing.  For me if the damn thing works, game it!

Cleveland

There are a lot of folks commenting on how it helps them on the Square Strike Wedge facebook page.   I noticed mostly older folks and Ladies commenting.  Of course putting something even remotely similar to a chipper, in a young stud's bag would be taboo.  :D  I think it's a macho thing.  For me if the damn thing works, game it!

No facebook for me, thanks.  This is as close as I'm going to get.  I don't know why anybody would give a crap what I'm doing or what I have to say (that's true here too, but y'all are stuck with me anyway!) :o

Anyway, I'm actually pretty fortunate because my son isn't at all concerned with the looks of his clubs, which means he can game that chipper, and won't care what anyone else thinks about it.  I'm pretty much the same way, and that's one of the reasons I'm able to seriously consider something like the SSW.  You might just inspire me to do it. ;)

My Bag:

No facebook for me, thanks.  This is as close as I'm going to get.  I don't know why anybody would give a crap what I'm doing or what I have to say (that's true here too, but y'all are stuck with me anyway!) :o

Anyway, I'm actually pretty fortunate because my son isn't at all concerned with the looks of his clubs, which means he can game that chipper, and won't care what anyone else thinks about it.  I'm pretty much the same way, and that's one of the reasons I'm able to seriously consider something like the SSW.  You might just inspire me to do it. ;)

Quick update is I had four excellent chips today with the SSW that saved par.   I might add from some tough positions too so my confidence is building.   

Cleveland