Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Ping G 5 Fairway wood - Shaft question

Purchased a used G 5 wood with the Alta 65 stiff shaft.  The shaft is too soft for my swing style so I can't feel the head really well and it tends to hook too much.  Do you think switching to a stiffer shaft will help with the miss to the left?  I am worried that the G fairway wood is too draw biased and a stiffer shaft will fix the feel but it will still tend to miss left.  

I could sell the club and try to find a fairway wood that is less draw biased like a Titleist 915F or replace the shaft with a Ping Tour 75 that plays stiffer.  My driver has the Tour 65 stiff and I like the feel of the shaft quite a bit.  If you recommend replacing the club do you have any suggestions for a fairway wood that is a little fade biased?  

Driver - Ping G410 Plus 10.5 - Ping Tour 65 Stiff

4 Wood - Callaway Rogue - Project X Evenflow blue 6.0

Hybrids - Titleist 818 H2 -  3(c-1) and 4(c-4) - Tensei CK Blue 70 stiff

Irons - Callaway Apex  CF 16 5-AW - True Temper XP 95 Steel Stiff

Wedges - Ping Glide 54 SS, 58 TS

Putter - Edel e1 Torque balanced

Indianapolis

5.5 Index

Without seeing your swing, ball flight or any launch monitor numbers its hard to give a perfect answer. General rule of thumb would say something with a stiffer tip section would aide in limiting the hook. But like RP58 said it could bring other issues into play if its not the right match. Ball flight could get too low, could be too stiff and become difficult to square up the club and everything becoming a hard fade or a variety of other things. I know it gets old but going to a good fitter and find what bend profile is best for you will go a long way. Even if you take what you learn from your fitting and just buy a new shaft on your own, your chances of choosing the correct match will increase immensely 

*:taylormade-small: Staff Professional*

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (7.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Black 6X Tipped 1" 

3 Wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (14.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Blue 7x Tipped 1"

Driving Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 UDI 2 iron - HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5

4 Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (5-7) :taylormade-small: P7MC - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (8-P) :taylormade-small: P7MB - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 Black 50.09 / 55.11 - KBS TOUR FLT 130 X

60* Wedge: :taylormade-small: High Toe Raw - KBS Tour 130 X

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpg Custom Black ER2 or Custom Black :taylormade-small: Del Monte

Bag:  :taylormade-small: FlexTech Stand Bag

Glove:  :taylormade-small: Tour Preferred Glove

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5X #11

RangeFinder: :918457628_PrecisionPro: R1 Smart Rangefinder

Instagram: @dpattgolf

Archived