Golfspy_CG2

2019 Official Forum Member Review-Lynx Black Cat and Prowler VT Irons

1 hour ago, daviddvm said:

Well what is in your bag right now?  😁

Too late, he's probably bought another two sets by the time he read this 🤣🤣😎

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Played another 18 at the home course, Basking CC in Basking Ridge, NJ.

20190716_180211.thumb.jpg.551c4977cf78013bed2affbe8e271c5f.jpg

I play from the golds here, which is not really easier than many white tees.  

Shot 101 today 😞 heat index 105+ so I'll take it 🙂

On the range, I was able to hit draw, fade, straight, pretty well.  The natural shape is straight to a slight draw for short irons, straight to slight fade for long irons.  Everything goes high and long.  I don't see any distance loss from the weak lofts.  Ball is stopping dead on the greens.  Thin shots go like 3 clubs farther, oops!  Hahaha, that's my fault.  

I ran out of tour balls so now I'm on my Vice Drive balls, which are just soft 2pc.  I have to order more Tour Bs 🙂

• Like 5

Love the stage ones guys, it should be a fun ride to see how you all get on with these. They are both good looking clubs but the VTs look better to me.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

PLEASE NOTE!   

I'm passing on a message from Stephanie Zinser...Owner of Lynx Golf.

Hello testers,  

First off, we wanted to thank each of you for the interest in Lynx Golf. We are longtime fans of MyGolfSpy.com and look forward to hearing more about your experience.

We read with some dismay that the majority, if not all testers, received clubs in a damaged box, which is totally unacceptable and of great embarrassment to us. We have never had any club turn up in beaten-up boxes in the UK and Europe in over 8 years of business. 

It is true that some of our packaging will be different from any other golf brand, because in August 2018 we went single use plastic free as we felt it was irresponsible to do anything else for the sake of our planet.

The U.S. market is new to us and we will be immediately looking at the courier used with these shipments, as well as having an extra outer box for single sets like this to prevent further damage in future. 

This is something we will remedy immediately and have taken up with our PR company who shipped these items.

Finally we noted one or two comments regarding our website; this is because we are about to launch a new website in conjunction with our entry into the USA. Stay tuned and thank you again!

Kind regards 
Stephanie Zinser 
Owner, Lynx Golf

It is great that Stephanie reaches out to address some of the things that have been noted by the testers already in this thread. As @downlowkey mentioned earlier and she stated in the letter about no longer using single use plastic, I’m a little confused. I am sure I don’t know the exact definition or how they intended the wording of “single use plastics”, but all my irons had plastic wrapping on them as did some of the irons of the other testers.  We may need to get some clarification on this since it sounds like something the are marketing. 

• Like 4

PLEASE NOTE!   
I'm passing on a message from Stephanie Zinser...Owner of Lynx Golf.

Hello testers,  

First off, we wanted to thank each of you for the interest in Lynx Golf. We are longtime fans of MyGolfSpy.com and look forward to hearing more about your experience.

We read with some dismay that the majority, if not all testers, received clubs in a damaged box, which is totally unacceptable and of great embarrassment to us. We have never had any club turn up in beaten-up boxes in the UK and Europe in over 8 years of business. 

It is true that some of our packaging will be different from any other golf brand, because in August 2018 we went single use plastic free as we felt it was irresponsible to do anything else for the sake of our planet.

The U.S. market is new to us and we will be immediately looking at the courier used with these shipments, as well as having an extra outer box for single sets like this to prevent further damage in future. 

This is something we will remedy immediately and have taken up with our PR company who shipped these items.

Finally we noted one or two comments regarding our website; this is because we are about to launch a new website in conjunction with our entry into the USA. Stay tuned and thank you again!

Kind regards 
Stephanie Zinser 
Owner, Lynx Golf

She mentioned that they are big fans of MGS. A very important thing that we all have to consider is that as a very newly reinvented company, they're opting to throw themselves into the lion's den wearing a roast beef tuxedo by doing an MGS testing. I can't express enough how impressive that is.. to me anyway.

We are a very fanatical, golf-educated, passionate, and opinionated mix of folks here at MGS and I'd bet my best britches that they had a good idea of what they were getting into. These little mishaps are going to happen and it's a matter of how they choose to address them, and improve upon them that can make them a really great company. So far it looks like they're heading in the right direction.

Kudos to Lynx!

the more I practice, the luckier I seem to get..

• Like 5

So spent some time on the monitors tonight. Something to be said about a PW and 9k+ rpm with cheap practice balls . 0730191843a.jpeg

the more I practice, the luckier I seem to get..

• Like 5

image.png.c24746914db1d3abae3c8c5fc53c9948.png

image.png.96e6184f263d41e280ba5879df0195dc.png

Well after playing three rounds with the Black Cat irons and comparing specs it is easy to see why they launch higher!

But the thing I can't explain yet is that I am not losing any distance!

• Like 7

@knightsofnii That course looks beautiful!

I'll be posting some pictures comparing the irons to my other two sets (reminder):

• Cobra King F8 (Regular flex, standard length/lie/ not the ONE length shafts)
  • Adams Idea Pro CB1 Black (Regular flex, standard length, bent up to a neutral lie)

Along with the corresponding loft configurations.

The Black Cats are Stiff instead of regular, +.25" length, and 1* upright compared to the other irons, all specs generated from my "light" iron fitting at Mulligan's - all are things that could make the iron better preforming for me, and something that should be considered when looking at my thoughts!

• Like 4

First tee, 3w, got under it and popped it up so it was a bit short.  191 to the pin, 30-50 feet downhill (see pic from 2 posts ago), so I figure my 5i might be my 170-175 club. 

I swing and pull it a pinch, it's super high and far, I lose sight of it so I look on to see where it lands.  I see it bounce just left of the green.  

I go to my bag and see the 5i is still in the bag?  What's in my hand? 7i! 

I get to the green.  It's 8' off in the rough, hole high.  Chip on and par save 🙂

I think it's time for Arccos so I can get my distances down.  Had I flushed the 5i, it would have gone way farther.  Or I just super pured the 7 with a slight pull, the 1-2° pulls seem to travel farther. 

• Like 7

Really enjoyed the Stage 1's guys - well done! I will be following this thread closely - I have a soft spot for Lynx. The first new set of clubs I ever purchased: Lynx Parallax irons in the early 90's AND they were the clubs I used for my first hole-in-one! I'm interested to see how the VT compares to the i500 as well. Keep up the good work

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 4

4 hours ago, golfertrb said:

Really enjoyed the Stage 1's guys - well done! I will be following this thread closely - I have a soft spot for Lynx. The first new set of clubs I ever purchased: Lynx Parallax irons in the early 90's AND they were the clubs I used for my first hole-in-one! I'm interested to see how the VT compares to the i500 as well. Keep up the good work

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks golfertrb, I'm testing Black Cats and after four rounds it may be quite a fight for my AP1 to get back in the bag!

As a former Ping i3 player I really like your sticks and I have a Oklahoma State Cowboys ( my Alma Mater ) Ping Hoofer bag I use when I travel. My staff bag takes up too much room when traveling with the family in the SUV.

• Like 4

I have to agree with the Black Cats.  I am seeing no distance loss, in fact just the opposite.  There are a couple of other notables that will be in my stage 2.  Is there anything someone wants to see in regards to the Black Cats?   Let me know and I will do my best to add to the review.

Thanks,

• Like 2

I had zero interest in these clubs until reading your stage 1's guys.  Excellent work by each of you and I will be following closely to see how these perform for you guys.

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, Wedgie said:

I had zero interest in these clubs until reading your stage 1's guys.  Excellent work by each of you and I will be following closely to see how these perform for you guys.

Hi Wedgie, thanks for you interest and input. Let me know anything specific that would interest you in our testing.

I have a question for you; How do you like  your :cleveland-small: -CBX 48*, 52* and 56*? 

I read the first look at CBX-2 wedges and I'm gonna have a serious look at those.

• Like 2

Nice work on the stage 1's all.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, daviddvm said:

Hi Wedgie, thanks for you interest and input. Let me know anything specific that would interest you in our testing.

I have a question for you; How do you like  your :cleveland-small: -CBX 48*, 52* and 56*? 

I read the first look at CBX-2 wedges and I'm gonna have a serious look at those.

If the CBX is as good as my Rotex CB 50/08, but better with mishits and turf interaction? Then I bet it's 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

• Like 2

Thanks golfertrb, I'm testing Black Cats and after four rounds it may be quite a fight for my AP1 to get back in the bag!
As a former Ping i3 player I really like your sticks and I have a Oklahoma State Cowboys ( my Alma Mater ) Ping Hoofer bag I use when I travel. My staff bag takes up too much room when traveling with the family in the SUV.

I played the i3+ Blades for years - such great clubs! (I had my last hole-in-one with those the first time out! Why did I not keep those??) I saw that you grew up in Oklahoma - where about? The Hoofer is such a great bag - I've had a few through the years and my current one is fantastic and even though I live in south Moore, I'm actually an OSU fan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, golfertrb said:

I played the i3+ Blades for years - such great clubs! (I had my last hole-in-one with those the first time out! Why did I not keep those??) I saw that you grew up in Oklahoma - where about? The Hoofer is such a great bag - I've had a few through the years and my current one is fantastic and even though I live in south Moore, I'm actually an OSU fan emoji41.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still have 3-SW i3 Ping oversize blades with green dot! Great clubs.

I grew up in the outskirts of Tulsa and we had a ranch outside Claremore, Ok.

Go Pokes🏈

• Like 1

I have a round set for 9am tomorrow morning and I will be playing the entire round with the irons. No driver, woods, hybrids, wedges, or putter. Should be interestingly to say the least.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 5
  • Love 2