Sign in to follow this  
Hecaviator

What about Hogan irons?

Our Sponsors

Does Ben Hogan Golf send MGS irons to be tested as part of the usual evaluations that are performed? I would suggest that they should be, even though their direct to consumer marketing approach may not be what MGS thinks is in golfers' best interest (though I don't know why not). I want to encourage MGS to include the Hogan iron models in the 2020 lineup for testing, and wonder if others also support this.  

• Like 1

The reinvigorated Ben Hogan brand has participated in unbiased testing as well as member testing.  The brand has a good reputation among members here from VKTR, Ft Worth Black and Equalizer wedge testing opportunities. 

The HI iron was most accurate hybrid iron in 2018 https://mygolfspy.com/2018-most-wanted-utility-iron/

If you’re looking for a more detailed account of their reviews, the content is easily accessible on the forums. 

• Like 1

I don't believe thy were tested for 2019. I know they mentioned they are testing Ben Hogan Driver for 2020. There are several brands that would love to see added but its a trade off, if MGS has to purchase and test every single club. I'm not sure how long it takes for each club but I know they test with several different testers, but knowing how many drivers they are testing for the 2020 Driver test it is 35 some drivers which is very extensive already.

With that said the more the better for us readers. Brands I would love to see tested would be. Maltby, Ben Hogan, and Hayworth.

• Like 4

They are making some beautiful clubs these days. I started with Hogan Radials, so I have a fondness for the brand.

Edited by braveheart
  • Like 1