TM DHY 4/5

Titlist 5-Gap T300's Geezer Flex

Wedges Cleveland RTX Fullface Zipcore 52 degree and TM Hi Toe 4 56 degree

Putter Scotty Cameron Golo S Center Shafted

Ball Bridgestone BXS , Trying The Maxfli Tour S also

Bag Titlist 15 Cart Bag

6 minutes ago, Fred Mitchell said:

Sams club in Alabama always carries the GN golf stuff in season

I found a few Greg Norman shirts and pants at Costco as well over time. Costco churns items so you have to check a lot. My oldest is probably 2 years old now and I have had zero problems with them. I wear them for work alot and the price is great cause no matter what my young kids come at me with messy hands and I would hate to ruin an expensive shirt.

New golfer, left handed, slowly replacing old starter set from when I was in high school.

⛳🛄  as of 5/16/2023 
Driver: Tour Spec Pro Par Oversize White Dot

Wood: :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback 3-4 Fairway

Tour Spec Pro Par Oversize White Dot 5 Wood

Hybrid:  :callaway-small:Steelhead XR 4H 22*

Irons: 3i-8i Tour Spec Pro Par Oversize White Dot

:cobra-small: 9i King F6 R-Flex Steel

PW: Tour Spec Pro Par Oversize White Dot

54*: :vokey-small: SM6 M Grind

Putter: :cleveland-small: TFi 1.0 2135 Satin Blade

Balls: Whatever I find in the rough right now

Bag:  🐏Stand Bag I found thrown out (missing carry strap)

Most of my closet for golf shirt/q zip/hoodie have moved to Rhoback.  The fit for me is just spot on.  I also really like a lot of patterns/designs of Greyson and Peter Millar, but sometimes it's tougher to find the right fit.  Especially with PM  as they have so many different sub categories that I'm different sizes in so many different things.  

Also, trying to get a Stitch or Holderness & Bourne polo to give them a try.  However, since many shops don't have those, it's a gamble to try the correct fit.  Lots of good materials and options out there currently.  

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/1/2020 at 11:30 PM, TCUfrog said:

Is there a better golf shirt brand than Peter Millar? Every time I go play a new course or go on a trip, the first thing I look for in the pro shop is the Peter Millar Section. I've tried to play in Travis Matthew and Nike, but it's just not as comfortable as Peter Millar in my opinion. What's your go to brand whenever you're looking to pick up a new golf polo?

While I understand your preference for Peter Millar golf shirts and their comfort, I take a different approach when choosing my golf apparel. As an advocate for sustainable living and reducing our environmental impact, I prioritize secondhand clothing and aim to live a year without shopping for new items.

Rather than focusing on specific brands, my go-to choice for golf polos is to explore thrift stores, online marketplaces, and clothing swaps. Opting for secondhand clothing not only helps to extend the lifespan of garments but also reduces the demand for new production, which has significant environmental consequences.

By embracing pre-loved clothing, I can find unique and stylish golf polos while minimizing my contribution to the fashion industry's carbon footprint, water consumption, and waste generation. It's an opportunity to support circular fashion practices and promote sustainable choices within the golfing community.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/7/2023 at 10:24 AM, Linda Raley said:

While I understand your preference for Peter Millar golf shirts and their comfort, I take a different approach when choosing my golf apparel. As an advocate for sustainable living and reducing our environmental impact, I prioritize secondhand clothing and aim to live a year without shopping for new items.

Rather than focusing on specific brands, my go-to choice for golf polos is to explore thrift stores, online marketplaces, and clothing swaps. Opting for secondhand clothing not only helps to extend the lifespan of garments but also reduces the demand for new production, which has significant environmental consequences.

By embracing pre-loved clothing, I can find unique and stylish golf polos while minimizing my contribution to the fashion industry's carbon footprint, water consumption, and waste generation. It's an opportunity to support circular fashion practices and promote sustainable choices within the golfing community.

Check out Adidas golf clothing, at least in the mens a large portion is made from recycled material and I cannot tell it when I wear it so why not. I lost a lot of weight and new clothes in smaller sizes were needed, not much used golf apparel available locally since this is more of a rural community than a golf community. Ironically enough I have 2 RTJ courses 15 minutes from the house, go figure. 

Ping 430 Max H/L 10 Degree Geezer Flex

Ping 425 7 wood Geezer Flex

Ping 425 5H [Not in bag]

TM DHY 4/5

Titlist 5-Gap T300's Geezer Flex

Wedges Cleveland RTX Fullface Zipcore 52 degree and TM Hi Toe 4 56 degree

Putter Scotty Cameron Golo S Center Shafted

Ball Bridgestone BXS , Trying The Maxfli Tour S also

Bag Titlist 15 Cart Bag

I have a new favorite Golf shirt. It's the NLU white with the little blue and orange logos. 

Great for the hot weather we are having and fits so well!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

My favourite golf shirt is my Puma x Arnold Palmer Scorecard shirt. Super light and breathable, and I just really like the pattern

Driver - :cobra-small: King SZ 1w 7.5° w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 110MSI 60x

Woods - :cobra-small:King SZ Big Tour 3w 13.5° w/ Fujikura Pro 65, King SZ 5w 20° w/ Tensei CK White 70

Driving Iron - :cobra-small: King Utility 2i 16° w/ Project X Hzrdus Black 85

Irons - :callaway-small: Apex '24 Combo set - 4i Pro, 5i-8i CB, 9i-10i MB w/ KBS Tour V 120 X-Stiff

Wedges - :callaway-small: MD5 Jaws 52° - S 10° grind, 56° - C 8° grind, 60° - C 8° grind w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner Tour Issue 115

Putter(s) - :odyssey-small: :callaway-small: :scotty-small: :titleist-small: :ping-small:  :nike-small: :wilson-small: O-Works 2 Ball Black, Big Bertha Warbird, Special Select Squareback 2.0, Red X2, Bullseye Original Flange SC, Bullseye Standard Flange SC, OG Bronze Anser, Method Midnight 007, R.Mendralla 8802

I'll show my age by ranking some of my favorites in order through the years. Used to love Greg Norman polos, then Nike, Foot Joy, RLX, Peter Millar and now to present where my favorite is probably Rhoback. Also a fan of Stich and Breezy is a pretty good shirt as well.

On 6/7/2023 at 10:24 AM, Linda Raley said:

I too, have a collection from thrift stores. I found a FJ polo at a Goodwill, with a country club logo on it(have no idea), and it is a very comfortable shirt. I've been told it was a $150 shirt when new. Not sure, but ok. I have a few from Kohls, one Nike, PGA, and numerous others. I have 2 polos with Rich Harvest Farms logos, given to me by a member there. I have 5-6 polos given by my employer, with logos, which are very comfortable, and fit well. Most of my polos were given to me, and some from thrift stores. Don't have a brand preference, as long as they fit well, and I prefer moisture wicking. 

Driver-Ping g410 SFT, 3W-Callaway Diablo Octane, Hybrids-Snake Eyes Viper 18*+ 21*, Irons-GigaGolf Reva Hybrid Irons 24*- 46*, Wedges-Cleveland CBX2's 50*54*58*, Putter-Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft 11c

Southwest Florida resident here and it is HOT in the summers. I’ve found very few polos that work for a golf day out that don’t either wear like a literal tarp and trap in all the heat or leave pit stain after only a few wears. Yes, I’m an above average sweater with my work environment being cold year round. Suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driver: Stealth 2+

3 Wood: Cobra Speedzone

Irons: P790s

Wedges: MG3s

Putter: Scotty Cameron Special Select Squareback 2

On 6/6/2020 at 8:10 AM, Middler said:

I’m too cheap to buy Travis Matthew, Galvin Green, Peter Millar or Vineyard Vines - though I readily admit they’re stylish. What makes them worth the premium - I’m honestly asking? Perfectly happy with my Nike, UA and Callaway polos.

I love Arctic Cool.   Very affordable, fit well and look great 

On 6/1/2020 at 4:32 PM, kingcscott said:

I like the buttery soft linksoul...when they are in sale. All of this s*** is freaking expensive on an RN salary. But i also dont buy shirts from proshops   Usually a hat and a coin 

it's expensive on any salary. My favorite shirt isn't the highest quality, that would go to the Donald Ross shirt. Absolutely the best shirt I have worn, and was received as a gift or I'd never own it.

Great topic discussing what we all wear golfing and some of us every day. To share what my favorite shirt company which includes style, comfort and looks it would have to be https://stitchgolf.com/ Like many have posted you can pay full price or wait for your favorite company's sale. I find the 3 shirt mystery pack to be a great deal and at times 40% off. I would say they have the best collar of any golf shirt out there! 

JN-"Focus on remedies not faults".

At the proshop of a nice course I will go with a PM you can't beat the quality.  When I order offline I will either go with Mantra or Lulu polos the fit is great.  

Stealth 2 plus 

Sim TI 3 wood 

Titleist TSI 3 3 hybrid 

P7 MC 

MG3

My spider GT

39 minutes ago, Guido723723 said:

My 3 favorites

1-Peter Millar

2-Callaway

3-Scotty Cameron

I've never tried Peter Millar or the scotty shirt, but I second the Callaway. I have one that I wear all the time

When my wife asked if I wanted to leave Maine and move to where she grew up, I couldn't say no to Pinehurst, NC. I honestly don't spend much money on golf equipment, but I'm constantly reading reviews in case I ever get ready to buy

I swing left handed and have been the State of Maine Left Hander's champion since 1997, the last year they held the tournament. I'm currently a 7.1 handicap. Trying to get lower, but my gut gets in the way.

WITB

Driver: image.png.2a9745c9eca1e1dcd4c3ecfd5b2823e3.png Epic speed 9 degree

Irons: :titelist-small: 990's S300 Stiff shafts bought when I was in college. (Received a personal use discount, otherwise would've stuck with my Hogan Edge's)

3 Wood: :callaway-small:  Epic speed 15 degree or image.png.188f225bd9daa89b3976cdaa079d23d0.png PT15

52/56/60 :taylormade-small: Z Spin wedges (heck of a deal $100 for all 3 at Dick's in 2013)

Putter: :odyssey-small: OG Rossie

image.png

The local course I play regularly allows t-shirts and hoodies. So I have a proud ninety hoodie that I wear there with some frequency. If I am playing a course that requires a collar, then I like Travis Mathew polos.

WITB:

D: :taylormade-small: QI-10 core 9* Ventus Blue TR Velocore 6x

3w: :taylormade-small: Brnr mini driver 13.5 S

3h: :ping-small: G430 19° Tour 2/Stiff

7W: :callaway-small: 21° Rogue ST Max LinQ 7X

5i-6i:  :srixon-small: ZX5 MKII Project X 6.0

7i-PW: :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII Project X 6.0

50°, 54° & 58°:   :ping-small: Glide Forged Pro

P:   :odyssey-small: White Hot Versa DW

Ball:  :bridgestone-small: Tour BX mindset

Bag:  Ghost MGS Anyday 14 way

"And so, we beat on, boats against the current, borne ceaselessly into the past." - Fitzgerald

” The woods are lovely, dark and deep,   

But I have promises to keep,   

And miles to go before I sleep,   

And miles to go before I sleep. - Frost

"That you are here—that life exists and identity,

That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse." - Whitman

I’m a big fan of Oakley golf. They have all sorts of different cuts, fits, and fabrics. Living in AZ, playing 36 when it’s 114-118* out, you need some options. Oakley had some shirts that are so lightweight, thin and breathable, you barely know you’re wearing a shirt. But they also have some you can wear in the winter too. I like certain Under Armour (athletic fit) shirts and shorts too.

TSR2  9* Ventus Velocore Blue 6S

TRS2 15* Ventus Velocore Red 7S

TS 21* Diamana BF 80S

TSI 23* Ventus HB 8S

Titleist 714 AP2 5-9 PX 6.0

Vokey SM6 Raw 48F/SM8 50F/56M/60M

SC X Fantom 5

Vessel Player 14 2.0

I like cotton shirts. Harder and harder to find. I usually end up with Brooks Bros or Tommy Bahama. They keep shape forever.

Driver        Ping G430

Fairway      Ping G400

Hybrid       Ping G400    

Irons          Mizuno 921

wedges      Titlest Vokey

Putter         ER8

Rhoback and William Murray are my 1A-1B. 

Rhoback has slightly better material and I love their polo collars. Some sort of stiff material so the collar always sits flat. Off topic but notable, they make a quarter zip with the softest material ive worn in golf. But it holds up to the course all the same. 

WM has better style options. They can get super wacky, just like the man himself. 

I buy a size down for both if i want a little more snug fit. 

Unfortunately both are a bit to pricey to make up my whole lineup, I usually get 1 or 2 a year for birthdays and holidays. Rest of the repertoire is a mixed bag of walter hagen, nike, puma, adidas, and UA i found on sale.  

Does a FIR care WHICH fairway its in?

:PXG: Gen 5 - MCA Diamana S+ 60g - S

:PXG: 0211 3W MCA Tensei AV Raw Blue Hybrid 75 - S,

:PXG: 0211 22 Hybrid MCA Tensei AV Raw Blue 75 - S

:PXG: 6i - Pw - V2 Elevate Tour S

:cleveland-small: CBX2 54, 58

:PXG: Gunboat

i buy whatever is cheapest haha, usually get mine from Sam's Club (they have UA, Greg Norma, Etc.)

Edited by Jmferritto30

Jason

Peter Millar and FJ are the two go-to shirts for me. Not cheap but it is worth it in my opinion. 

:cobra-small: Radspeed Driver 10.5*

:cobra-small: Radspeed 3W 14.5*

:taylormade-small: Stealth 4H 22*

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4i-PW

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Wedge 52* Mid Bounce

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Wedge 56* Mid Bounce

Kirkland Signature KS1 Putter

On 6/1/2020 at 10:30 PM, TCUfrog said:

Is there a better golf shirt brand than Peter Millar? Every time I go play a new course or go on a trip, the first thing I look for in the pro shop is the Peter Millar Section. I've tried to play in Travis Matthew and Nike, but it's just not as comfortable as Peter Millar in my opinion. What's your go to brand whenever you're looking to pick up a new golf polo?

I keep it simple, I typically wear UA, which has a golf polo shirt offering, or FootJoy.  They are moisture wicking and allow freedom of movement.  I don't like to spend a lot of money on golf shirts so I try to keep it reasonable as well and instead spend money on the equipment instead, if needed. 

image.png.b89fa684b54b186f20c376e6af43ac1d.png 425's- 5i to PW, UW

image.png.4462ac5ffcc9491d68e78951b3a1a587.png  G400 Driver, G425 3W, G425 7W, G425 3H

image.png.cf53a065a6e348c87221c4bf13510375.png 56 degree Hi-Toe wedge

image.png.4462ac5ffcc9491d68e78951b3a1a587.png  Glide 60 degree 

image.png.d4990c8d6330ecc392d9a5124b26165a.png Evnroll ER3

There's a Philadelphia area based brand called Boston Scott.  REALLY nice fabrics, easily the equal of PM,  IMO.  The cut on their shirts is sort of "in-between".  Not the slightly oversized feel of PM or Donald Ross, but not the tight feel of a lot of Adidas, UA and Nike.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 driver w/Tensei White S, Cobra F9 3W & 5W w/Hazrdus Black S,  Mizuno Pro221s 4-PW S-300s .75" long,   TM MG series 50,54,58.  GP Z-Grip, Cameron Pro Platinum Newport 2 putter.