Our Sponsors

Is there a better golf shirt brand than Peter Millar? Every time I go play a new course or go on a trip, the first thing I look for in the pro shop is the Peter Millar Section. I've tried to play in Travis Matthew and Nike, but it's just not as comfortable as Peter Millar in my opinion. What's your go to brand whenever you're looking to pick up a new golf polo?

• Like 1

:taylormade-small: M6, 9.0, Tensei CK Orange 60, Stiff

:taylormade-small: M6, Rocket 13.0, Atmos Red 60, Stiff

:taylormade-small: RocketBallz, 4H 22.0

:mizuno-small: JPX 900 Tour, 4-PW, True Temper Dynamic gold S300

:callaway-small: Mack Daddy 4, 52.0, 56.0, 60.0 - S grind

:taylormade-small: Spider Mini

:bridgestone-small: Tour-RX

:Arccos: Smart Sensors

I like the buttery soft linksoul...when they are in sale. All of this s*** is freaking expensive on an RN salary. But i also dont buy shirts from proshops   Usually a hat and a coin 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, kingcscott said:

I like the buttery soft linksoul...when they are in sale. All of this s*** is freaking expensive on an RN salary. But i also dont buy shirts from proshops   Usually a hat and a coin 

Never tried linksoul. I'll have to check it out

:taylormade-small: M6, 9.0, Tensei CK Orange 60, Stiff

:taylormade-small: M6, Rocket 13.0, Atmos Red 60, Stiff

:taylormade-small: RocketBallz, 4H 22.0

:mizuno-small: JPX 900 Tour, 4-PW, True Temper Dynamic gold S300

:callaway-small: Mack Daddy 4, 52.0, 56.0, 60.0 - S grind

:taylormade-small: Spider Mini

:bridgestone-small: Tour-RX

:Arccos: Smart Sensors

Is there a better golf shirt brand than Peter Millar? Every time I go play a new course or go on a trip, the first thing I look for in the pro shop is the Peter Millar Section. I've tried to play in Travis Matthew and Nike, but it's just not as comfortable as Peter Millar in my opinion. What's your go to brand whenever you're looking to pick up a new golf polo?

PM is for sure my go too but couple others that are not far behind.

Stitch Golf
Dunning (hands down best golf shorts)
Strait Down

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Brock C Davison 

Things To Know :

• I hit my 7-iron like John Daly hits the 3
  • Brands I Stand By: Peter Millar, Taylormade, PING, Seamus, and of course Titleist 
  • Favorite Golfer Of All Time: Payne Stewart & Freddy "Boom Boom

Honestly the best golf polo I’ve owned is a Uniqlo.

Super comfortable and breathable. Not to mention they are very affordable.

• Like 2
Honestly the best golf polo I’ve owned is a Uniqlo.

Super comfortable and breathable. Not to mention they are very affordable.

I get their emails, but I’ve never pulled the trigger. They are definitely affordable!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

Driver: :honma: TR20 460, :Fuji: Ventus Black 70X

Fwy: :titelist-small: TS3, 15*, Veylix Rome 888 X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, :Fuji: Rombax 8D07HB TM27 X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4/5, Tour V 6-10, Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Platinum M5 HT Mallet, 36"

Always liked PM, but this spring our proshop got some PM “fitted” and those are even better. I don’t like “wings” on my shirts and these are really top notch. Made sure to tell the pro when I bought and gave him feedback in hopes he’ll stock more

• Like 1

Walking ahead of my BagBoy QuadXL w Alphard eWheels
Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Neutral w stock Evenflow Riptide R flex shaft
3W  Titelist TS2 15* Draw w Tensei Blue R flex
3H, 4H Cobra One Length F9 Speedback hybrids (1”short) w Fujikura Atmos R flex shaft
5I-GW Cobra Forged TEC Black One Length (1”short, 2* flat) KBS 90 R flex shafts
56, 60 Cobra King MIM One Length Black (1” short) KBS HiRev2.0 125 S flex shafts
ER7  or Scotty Futura X - 35”

OnCore Elixr (lemon or lime)

I’ve been on a quest to find a dry fit polo that I don’t have to wear an undershirt with that isn’t too clingy or bunchy. The Hanes X temp $8 shipped on amazon shirt fits the bill for me. It’s partially cotton, so if you’re rocking a dad bod it doesn’t bunch up on ya as much as a synthetic fabric would. Just avoid white (it’s a bit see through) and go one size smaller than normal if you run in between. It breathes well and is moisture wicking and upf 40+.

I did check Uniqlo, but the price on the hanes is what swayed me. I may give Uniqlo another look and see if they have a cotton poly blend.

“He’s a Cinderella story. A former assistant groundskeeper about to become the Masters champion. It looks like a mirac… It’s in the hole! It’s in the hole! It’s in the hole!” — Carl Spackler

I’ve been on a quest to find a dry fit polo that I don’t have to wear an undershirt with that isn’t too clingy or bunchy. The Hanes X temp $8 shipped on amazon shirt fits the bill for me. It’s partially cotton, so if you’re rocking a dad bod it doesn’t bunch up on ya as much as a synthetic fabric would. Just avoid white (it’s a bit see through) and go one size smaller than normal if you run in between. It breathes well and is moisture wicking and upf 40+.

I did check Uniqlo, but the price on the hanes is what swayed me. I may give Uniqlo another look and see if they have a cotton poly blend.

Age-old issue: white shirt, no undershirt... Male wet t-shirt contest on the course! Ugh. Hate it. I can never wear a white shirt here in the summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

I've been most impressed with PM Featherweight specifically.  Not as much stretch as summer comfort, but extremely breathable. I search for deals weekly to stock more.  

With you on Travis Mathew and Nike, I've tried, but I tend to like Travis Mathew more for casual wear.  

@WaffleHouseTour mentioned the fitted PM shirts, I'll have to try those as that's my one gripe with PM is that they fit a bit "loose"

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

3 Wood: :titelist-small: 917F2 Fujikura Pro 84 Tour Spec S

3 Hybrid: :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X

Irons 4-PW: :mizuno-small: MP 18 SC Dynamic Gold AMT X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:  image.png.cca2328f4144a299c795aa9b8f3bf677.png Inovai 6.0              :scotty-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"  

I’m too cheap to buy Travis Matthew, Galvin Green, Peter Millar or Vineyard Vines - though I readily admit they’re stylish. What makes them worth the premium - I’m honestly asking? Perfectly happy with my Nike, UA and Callaway polos.

• Like 1
  • Callaway Rogue 10.5° 9.5°D & 3W
  • Mizuno JPX900 Forged 4-GW, S18 56.10, S18 60.06
  • Evnroll ER5B (replaced ER2)
  • and 14th club - Mizuno CLK 3H 19° OR MP-20 HMB 3i 19°
  • Snell MTB-X (replaced Black)

I usually stick to Nike, UA, Callaway, and sprinkle in some FJ polos, but lately I've been on a Puma kick. I've gotten 3 polos from them and have been very satisfied with how they hold up in the Alabama heat and humidity. I have not branched out and got some of their crazy color/pattern schemes, but their "regular" patterned polos are top notch.

• Like 2

:ping-small:  G410 Plus, w/ X stiff 75 g Project X Evenflow Black shaft driver

:adams-small: GT Tight Lies 3 & 5 wood

:taylormade-small: SLDR AW - 4 iron S flex

:cleveland-small: Rotex 2.0 RTX 588 56°

:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 08M 60°

:scotty-small: Newport 2.5 putter

:Snell:MTB X golf balls

RH, Alabama

I don't much care what brand it is as long as they are moisture wicking and of mostly polyester blend. I tend to sweat more than normal and hate the feeling of having a wet cotton shirt on during my round. I also won't spend $70 for a shirt, so I will wait for sales. I did receive some StraightDown golf shirts which were soft and stylish

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

WITB:

Driver:   :cobra-small: F9 driver 9* stiff shaft 

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* regular shaft

Hybrids:  :nike-small: Vapor Flex  3 hybrid regular shaft 

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Ben Hogan BHB01 blade

Ball:  :Snell: Black

Bag: 2015 Ogio Chamber Cart Bag & 2018 MyGolfSpy Stand Bag

Peter Millar is my favorite, and I will seek them out in a clubhouse if I’m buying a shirt for memorializing a round.

I generally don’t play in my Millars just because I don’t want to destroy them with all of the sweat that summer golf brings, so I usually just wear them for work, and use “sale” shirts, or older shirts in my closet for actual on-course wear.

Definitely not cheap and don’t ask me why the apparel line has not been licensed in the US; but from the perspective of quality and my preferred fit, it doesn’t get better than the Ping Golf UK Collection.

Thankfully, someone around my hood is also a big fan, wears my size and regularly donates their lightly used wardrobe from the prior season to the local thrift store.

My last haul was 4 Sensor-Cool polos, 2 wool sweaters, 1/4 zip pullover and a badass 60 year anniversary hoodie.

3EC06A6C-008F-4FDA-9C39-A7FD710167B4.jpeg.753ba01024565c779150043da4f24167.jpeg

:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro D - Matrix Ozik XCON 6 S
:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
:nickent-small:________3DX 17* - Matrix Ozik Altus Hybrid SG
:Hogan:______ICON Black 4-PW - KBS Tour V S
:cleveland-small:__________588 RTG 49  RTX 52.10  56.12 - DG S400
BobbyGrace.png.1dc40002fcec0eee8603b71b3e706e89.png______Amazing Grace NYC Tour CS
:taylormade-small:_______'19 TP5X
(the preceding have all been gamer approved)

"The most important shot in golf is the next one“ - Ben Hogan

I’m too cheap to buy Travis Matthew, Galvin Green, Peter Millar or Vineyard Vines - though I readily admit they’re stylish. What makes them worth the premium - I’m honestly asking? Perfectly happy with my Nike, UA and Callaway polos.
Callaway apparel is the only thing I like from them. Numerous polos and shorts

Take Dead Aim

3 hours ago, Tsmithjr9 said:

Callaway apparel is the only thing I like from them. Numerous polos and shorts

Take Dead Aim

+1. I have two shorts and four long pants all Callaway, they’re my favorites among all golf apparel brands I own.

• Callaway Rogue 10.5° 9.5°D & 3W
  • Mizuno JPX900 Forged 4-GW, S18 56.10, S18 60.06
  • Evnroll ER5B (replaced ER2)
  • and 14th club - Mizuno CLK 3H 19° OR MP-20 HMB 3i 19°
  • Snell MTB-X (replaced Black)
  • 3 months later...

I recently bought some wild pattern golf shirts from Bad Birdie. Saw them on Shark Tank and love them. They are incredibly comfortable.

Mitchell Heller

All lefty

Titleist TS1 Mitsubishi Diamana Ltd Red 60 Stiff - 4 gm added to head

Titleist TS2 18 degree fairway Mitsubishi Ltd Red 60 Stiff

Titleist TS2 hybrids 21degree, 25 degree, 27 degree Mitsubishi Kuro Kage Black Series Stiff

Titleist T400 7 iron - 43 degree wedge - 2 degrees flat - Aerotech Steel Fiber i95 Regular

Titleist Vogel SM8 wedges - 48/10, 54/12, 60/10 Aerotech Steel Fiber i95 regular

Putter - Bettinardi BB1 71 dare lie, 4 agree loft, 33 inch

Ball - Titleist Pro V1

• 3 weeks later...

I have alot of golf shirts, but I bought some 32degrees golf shirts and man they are great. Never had a shirt that felt so weightless and had a nice slim fit. Especially super good considering they are only $11.99

Right Handed

Ping G410 LST 9 degree X flex ping tour shaft 75G

Ping G410 3 wood 14.5  X flex Evenflow black 85G

Taylormade Gapr low 19 degree X flex KBS hybrid 80G

Titleist 714 AP2 4-9 iron +.5 length 1 degree upright S flex kbs tour 120G

Vokey SM6 46  +.5 length 1 degree upright Dynamic gold S 300

Vokey SM5 50, 54,  +.5 length 1 degree upright S flex kbs tour 120G

Vokey SM5 58  +.5 length 1 degree upright S high rev 125G

Scotty cameron newport 2.6 34 length

What's the 

On 6/6/2020 at 6:26 AM, PMookie said:

Peter Millar is my favorite, and I will seek them out in a clubhouse if I’m buying a shirt for memorializing a round.

I generally don’t play in my Millars just because I don’t want to destroy them with all of the sweat that summer golf brings, so I usually just wear them for work, and use “sale” shirts, or older shirts in my closet for actual on-course wear.

Ever use a golf shirt for anything besides work? Hitting a bar or anything?