Swing Caddie 200 plus

I just got the SC 200 plus... first day I used it seemed to be pretty accurate.  I used it today and swing speed and distance was off considerably.  My question is could it be battery related?  I read that the battery life is short.... also it did restart once or twice.  Any ideas?

I just got the SC 200 plus... first day I used it seemed to be pretty accurate.  I used it today and swing speed and distance was off considerably.  My question is could it be battery related?  I read that the battery life is short.... also it did restart once or twice.  Any ideas?

How far off? How were the conditions different? Colder? In the same basic location - distance and position behind the ball?

I have a 200 and see slight variance day to day - but it's more me than the LM.

Yea it does eat through batteries, but wouldn't over a two day period unless the batteries were weak to begin with. There is a battery monitor which is pretty accurate.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

1 hour ago, Mbucco said:

Swing speed is registering in 60- 70’s.  The other day mid 80’s.... basically same location... I put cheap batteries in... I’ll change them and see if there’s a difference.  Thanks 

Hope that works. !0-20 mph is a huge difference. When I talk about my variance its 2-4 mph. In addition to the batteries make sure that the metrics such as club selection, speed, etc.  are set correctly. For instance, occasionally, I find that when i turn it on it goes to KPH vs MPH. that is not a glitch but rather the same button for toggling between the two. Lastly customer service with Swing Caddie is very response - if your fixes don't work give them a call. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

I have one too:it’s accuracy improves the longer the ball flies: so it is much more accurate outside than inside. During winter I add 20 yards to any indoor readout.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver - Cobra LtDxLS

3 Wood - Ping g410 LST

2iron - Titleist U505

Irons - Ping i59

Wedges - Vokey Sm9

Putter - Mizuno Mcraft IV

I have one too:it’s accuracy improves the longer the ball flies: so it is much more accurate outside than inside. During winter I add 20 yards to any indoor readout.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I agree and for that reason I don't use it for my sand and lob wedge. Distances for both of those are way off. I assume the reason being launch angle and the LM's ability to read high launch angle accurately.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

Thanks guys.... a little more information... today I played and for the most part my clubs gave me my regular distances... I’m thinking when hitting in garage the ball flight isn’t far enough.... but the swing speed should register correctly... I’ll keep using it

• 7 months later...

I am glad I checked this forum out. I have the distance challenge with the SW and LW using the SC 200. It says one thing but seeing where it lands on the practice range is way different. I concur with previous comments that the Caddy is much better with all other clubs other than my SW and LW. Additionally,  in regards to whythe distances are off was the height of the ball. 

Has anyone contacted the company about this flaw? 

Regards

Rick  

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/30/2021 at 8:06 PM, Theblueduce said:

I am glad I checked this forum out. I have the distance challenge with the SW and LW using the SC 200. It says one thing but seeing where it lands on the practice range is way different. I concur with previous comments that the Caddy is much better with all other clubs other than my SW and LW. Additionally,  in regards to whythe distances are off was the height of the ball. 

Has anyone contacted the company about this flaw? 

Regards

Rick  

The unit doesn't read spin so this is a factor on lofted wedges as well as a limited window of launch angles it can read. Unless you are delofting a SW or LW, the ball probably leaves the read area quickly which reduces accuracy. The company isn't going to do anything to fix the sensor.  

:ping-small: G425 MAX Driver & 5W

:cobra-small: Baffler Rail-H 3H-4H

:Sub70: 699 Pro Utility V2 - 4i

:callaway-small: APEX CF19 6-AW

INDI Wedges 52, 56, 60 

:edel-golf-1: EAS 2.0

Archived