Testers Wanted! T Squared Putters ×

New Wilson Staff Ball- FG Tour X

Guest Electric Pig

• Guests
Guest Electric Pig

Hi, All. I was at friend's shop yesterday using their indoor launch monitor. When I grabbed a handfull for balls from inside the netting to use, I noticed a familiar Wilson Staff stamping. I looked at it, thinking it was an FG Tour. When I saw it was marked as an FG Tour X, I asked about it. I was promptly relieved of the ball, and told the local Wilson rep had left a couple of sleeves for them to run through the monitor and officially the ball does not exist.

I didn't get to hit it, I didn't get the chance to do a visual against my FG Tours, but I have a call into my local rep to find out what's going on. After all, I do seem to have a bit of a Wilson Staff affiliation in and on my bag... ;-)

Has anyone else come across this ball yet?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, All. I was at friend's shop yesterday using their indoor launch monitor. When I grabbed a handfull for balls from inside the netting to use, I noticed a familiar Wilson Staff stamping. I looked at it, thinking it was an FG Tour. When I saw it was marked as an FG Tour X, I asked about it. I was promptly relieved of the ball, and told the local Wilson rep had left a couple of sleeves for them to run through the monitor and officially the ball does not exist.

I didn't get to hit it, I didn't get the chance to do a visual against my FG Tours, but I have a call into my local rep to find out what's going on. After all, I do seem to have a bit of a Wilson Staff affiliation in and on my bag... ;-)

Has anyone else come across this ball yet?

[/quote

I have hit the ball along with another new one called the duo, which is according to the rep the longest ball they make with a soft touch around the greens. I find it really pops but does not stop as well as the FG Tour. The Tour x is a harder ball and made because the biggest complaint with the FG Tour is that it is too soft around the greens, personally I like the FG better. The difference is like the ProV and the ProVX. Personally it is very little to me. And they are also making a yellow FG Tour, all should be out on Dec 1, along with the new 2012 clubs.

• 2 months later...

I'm not very happy with the durability. The performance was nice. It seemed a little shorter then a iZ, about even with a ProV1x. Spin performance was even with the ProV1x. The feel to me is also like a ProV1x. My driver swing speed is 98-102mph. It was 72 balmy degrees.

This first picture is two shots with my Diablo Forged AW 51°, I could see the next layer.

IMG_20120102_073624.jpg

This is one Diablo Forged 9 iron.

IMG_20120102_080106.jpg

Titleist 910D3 9.5° Diamana 'ahina 72 S flex. set to C·3

Taylormade R9 4w 17° / Fujikura Motore 70 / Face set one click right of neutral

Cleveland DST 3H 20.5° / Red Board 74 / Golf Pride Tour Velvet

Callaway Diablo Forged (Euro)4-AW / TTDGX100ssx2 / NDMC

Callaway X Series Jaws CC Slate 56° / DGS300 / NDMC

Callaway X Series Jaws CC Slate 60° / DGS300 / NDMC

Odyssey White Ice #7

Archived