Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Cleveland HB3 Irons

Great to hear, I have a higher handicap friend who has a set of 09's, he loves them and for a beginning, he actually close to breaking 100 after 8 rounds. Impressive for sure.

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great to hear, I have a higher handicap friend who has a set of 09's, he loves them and for a beginning, he actually close to breaking 100 after 8 rounds. Impressive for sure.

Has anyone gone away from the Hibore Iron line ( XLi, HB3 ) and went traditional. Ie'

CB7 or Black Pearl and regretted giving the hybrid iron set up?

Has anyone gone away from the Hibore Iron line ( XLi, HB3 ) and went traditional. Ie'

CB7 or Black Pearl and regretted giving the hybrid iron set up?

Yes!!!!- I started out with a set of Jack Nicklaus irons (which are not bad clubs) and used them for about 2 years. Then I purchased the first set of Cleveland HiBore's when they came out. Used them for about 2 years. I thought I was ready for some regular irons and started to research them online. Found that the Cobra S9s (second generation IIs),,had a good reputation and purchased them. These are very nice clubs (still have them- (probably going to sell them). I used them for only a short time. Liked them alot, but the course I play on has very tight lies (new course) and was having a little difficulty (I thought).

Went back to the all-hybrid set (Cleveland HB3s) and just love them!! Also, my neighbor (who shoots in the high 70s is going to get a set! I have found that I can work the ball just like any other club (most of my working the ball comes from being behind a tree and having to shape the shot around it-which I can do anytime- I call these shots, my Phil Mickelson shots).

So to answer your question-- yes I did regret going from the all hybrid set to regular blades. But, in all honesty, if I don't sell the S9IIs, I will try to use them just for fun or a spare set (4-SW).

Hope this helps!!

Kevin

Archived