Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Setting up eBay..

Bang60

It's how to go about acquiring equipment ok?

Would someone who's up to speed on how to setup the eBay window, like I get so much garbage on opening like Daily Deals and in at least 1000 times I've never looked at any of the rubbish. Is there a tutorial or the like, plz help...

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

3 hours ago, Bang60 said:

It's how to go about acquiring equipment ok?

Would someone who's up to speed on how to setup the eBay window, like I get so much garbage on opening like Daily Deals and in at least 1000 times I've never looked at any of the rubbish. Is there a tutorial or the like, plz help...

Not sure I entirely understand, however I'll give it a go. 

For eBay my recommendation is to use the search and filter functions as much as possible. Being a lefty this helped a lot. If you find a seller that you like or has good deals or just equipment you like you can choose to follow them. 

I am sure there are notification settings that could help you out as well, however we don't really use eBay here anymore. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

44 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Not sure I entirely understand, however I'll give it a go. 

For eBay my recommendation is to use the search and filter functions as much as possible. Being a lefty this helped a lot. If you find a seller that you like or has good deals or just equipment you like you can choose to follow them. 

I am sure there are notification settings that could help you out as well, however we don't really use eBay here anymore. 

Hi appreciate your feedback, not much choice in NZ. EBay is by far the best of a bad bunch, because of the 100% guarantee I know at least I will get help here you whistle dixy lol. I tried the notification settings but I can't turn any off even though there's a tick in blue that won't turn off what ever I tried lol, oh well guess I'm going to have to ignore it. Thanks for the reply...

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

There are plenty of other sites that will deliver worldwide. Some are better than others and have better rates, however there are other options that will still get you the products you want or need. 

What exactly are you trying to achieve on ebay? Just buying golf clubs? Are you using the app or site or?

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

I’ll second what @GolfSpy_APHis asking.   What do you want to do?   Are you trying to build a search, are you trying to customize what is shown on the front eBay page (I always ignore the recommendations), or something else.   The power of eBay is in the searches and building searches that will,help,you find what you are looking for.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

For used equipment, I think Callaway Preowned has really competitive prices-- mabye the best.  I have also purchased used equipment from Global Golf, 2ndSwing, and RockBottom Golf and have been happy with the experience from all of these vendors.   As mentioned by other posts, I think they will ship outside the US.   But there are plenty of reputable sellers on EBAY, as well.   

----------

PIng G410, 10.5 set at 9.5/  Cleveland 3+ Hy-wood (18*) / Titleist 915 7w / Callaway XR 4h / Tour Edge HL-4 5h / Mizuno JPX-921 Hot Metal 7i - GW / Tommy Armour 845 CB wedges (52, 56*).   Ping Sigma 2 Fetch Putter.   SkyTrak in the Garage.  

I for one loved selling items on Ebay but when they forced you to use your bank account and not being able to get paid with PayPal I quit selling. Been a member for over 20 years and all of the sudden they change everything. It was so easy and fast to get paid. I think it really hurt the little guy. I'll continue to buy but not as much as I use to because of this. I guess they don't care.

Gary 😞

Gary Goetz

8 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

There are plenty of other sites that will deliver worldwide. Some are better than others and have better rates, however there are other options that will still get you the products you want or need. 

What exactly are you trying to achieve on ebay? Just buying golf clubs? Are you using the app or site or?

Ahhh the big question lol, I actually started using eBay after my illness because I lost 30kgs and had to learn to walk think make every day decisions and then realized my clubs were no good for me. I bought some clubs locally but that was toooooooooo expensive so looked further afield with google, I saw eBay was much better cheaper including shipping plus the 100% guarantee was a winning combination. I've actually received different golf clubs to what I imagined I bid on, I didn't realize I had a limited amount of time to activate the refund process and paypal gave me bad advise on how to claim so I hate paypal with a passion and if any seller uses them I will never use them parasites.... I had issues with one big seller on eBay who's use of stock photos caused some problems when I got a driver that was damaged with small dents, I asked for a return and they refused to ship to me because they said it was still playable and it was but my clubs are like my babies so I don't play rubbish. My biggest difficulty is remembering all the little details that were done without thinking about them so I try to do this the same way time after time so it becomes a habit and or take screen prints as reminders, I'm not as frustrated recently as the brain is recovering more and more but still forget unusual things like appointments unless I get text reminders lol..

Apologies if I've gone on but it's the other thing I do while trying to be concise I'm not, cheers Colin..

2 hours ago, threeaces said:

I for one loved selling items on Ebay but when they forced you to use your bank account and not being able to get paid with PayPal I quit selling. Been a member for over 20 years and all of the sudden they change everything. It was so easy and fast to get paid. I think it really hurt the little guy. I'll continue to buy but not as much as I use to because of this. I guess they don't care.

Gary 😞

All the clubs I buy on eBay I sell locally for a small profit but still cheaper than the local sharks lol.. I too enjoy buying and selling...

I still buy on eBay some, but stopped selling. Fees to costly. they want access to your banking and won't stand behind sellers in my opinion. I have had good luck buying clubs from global golf and 2nd swing.

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

8 minutes ago, GaDawg said:

I still buy on eBay some, but stopped selling. Fees to costly. they want access to your banking and won't stand behind sellers in my opinion. I have had good luck buying clubs from global golf and 2nd swing.

Yeah I've bought some clubs from global golf and mostly good stuff, but they use Stock photos that don't show the actual club and I've put in 2 returns. They blocked me for 3 months so Ok I bought elsewhere on eBay, there rating system wasn't very good that day but I know they play the numbers game and accept that a few returns is cheaper than the extra staff needed to take photos of every club...

Clubs4cash is another one I've used. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

10 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Clubs4cash is another one I've used. 

I was just looking at some Mizuno irons that sold on eBay when the seller is from the UK, sadly he didn't and I asked him to ship international but he refused. NZ Post have a shipping service from the USA and UK but charge TRIPLE what eBay do, maybe I find my Grandparents lost family from Birmingham and ask them to fwd lol...

On 11/14/2022 at 11:41 AM, threeaces said:

Gary 😞

I've sold 108 items on eBay going back to 2009, clearing almost $9000 - back then it was mostly amateurs buying and selling through auctions, fees were much lower, and eBay treated buyers and sellers well. Since then it's dominated by pros with fixed prices, fees have almost tripled, and eBay has become more intrusive and treats sellers like dirt. So I don't sell or buy there anymore...

And I was one of those sellers who refused to ship internationally, there are some countries who don't provide tracking and it would be impossible to recover from a scammer. Buyers used to respect that, now there are foreign pros who buy and have items shipped to a middle person with a US address, and they forward to the foreign country. No thanks.

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, Payntr X 001 F (Mesh)

6 hours ago, Middler said:

I've sold 108 items on eBay going back to 2009, clearing almost $9000 - back then it was mostly amateurs buying and selling through auctions, fees were much lower, and eBay treated buyers and sellers well. Since then it's dominated by pros with fixed prices, fees have almost tripled, and eBay has become more intrusive and treats sellers like dirt. So I don't sell or buy there anymore...

And I was one of those sellers who refused to ship internationally, there are some countries who don't provide tracking and it would be impossible to recover from a scammer. Buyers used to respect that, now there are foreign pros who buy and have items shipped to a middle person with a US address, and they forward to the foreign country. No thanks.

I used NZ Post but they charge TRIPLE what eBay do, so no thanks but I missed out on a set of irons in the UK because the seller won't ship international. Fair enough to with some people you have to be careful, another set Will come along...

On 11/20/2022 at 4:30 PM, Middler said:

I've sold a lot of computers and related gear on ebay and always refused to shop international.  One of my sales wasn't moving and I kept getting emails from someone in Canada.  I finally gave in, but the paperwork and fees were way more than I cleared on the sale. PayPal took an even bigger fee,  ebay charged me more, I got less total due to some Canadian vs US dollar market shift.  All in all, 1 out of 10, would not do again. 

Driver: :cobra-small: Cobra RADSpeed XB 10.5° Motore X F3

Fairway: :cobra-small: Cobra 15.5° 3/F Baffler Rail F

Hybrid: :cobra-small: Cobra RAD Speed 21° 4 Hybrid

Cobra RAD Speed 24° 5 Hybrid 

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra Aero Jet 5 - PW, GW

Wedges: :vokey-small: Spin Milled 56°, 60°

Putter: :odyssey-small: White Hot Stroke Lab OG #7

Bag: 1622150773421.jpg.867df9e5987ee9b79cc36f4c70090b01.jpg Big Max 14.0 Hybrid

Ball: :titleist-small: Titleist Velocity

Shoes: :footjoy-small: FJ Flex

50 minutes ago, TheOther1 said:

I've sold a lot of computers and related gear on ebay and always refused to shop international.  One of my sales wasn't moving and I kept getting emails from someone in Canada.  I finally gave in, but the paperwork and fees were way more than I cleared on the sale. PayPal took an even bigger fee,  ebay charged me more, I got less total due to some Canadian vs US dollar market shift.  All in all, 1 out of 10, would not do again. 

Totally understand that, and from my side the exchange rate US/NZ is bad and shipping costs can surprise me. I've found buying on eBay is mostly good even though I got my fingers burnt a few times when I started, believing every thing the seller said....