Testers Wanted: Sub 70 Pro V2 Fairway Woods ×

Are Miura iron and Wedges worth it?

Thumper1978

I would just to hear the opinions of the golf world. Are Miura irons and wedges worth the price and the wait? 

The reason I bring this up is I wish I never bought anything from them. I don’t dare cancel they say there is 30% restocking fee on clubs they don’t have yet. They just try to get off the phone with you they never have any answers and don’t you dare email them that will never be answered. I just don’t feel for the price they charge. This better then any club out there, then to have by far the worse customer service out there I have ever seen. Titleist used to hold that spot but they at least give you answers. Thanks for letting me know your opinion.

Are they better than any club out there? No, all clubs on the market from large companies and several of the dtc are quality and good clubs. What determines if a club is good or bad is whether it fits the golfer. Are you going to play better with them? Maybe maybe not. 

With that said miura quality is top notch.

Miura sound and feel are different from other clubs. It’s a feel that is a love/hate thing for golfers. There doesn’t seem to be a middle ground on this. 

I’m on my second set and regret selling my cb57s.

What makes you wish you never bought them?

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

What makes me wish I never got them is it’s a lot of money yes I hit them so well in the fitting. I think with the wait time and not knowing when I am going to get them is driving me a little crazy. I chose the KM700 because of the the forgiveness was a little better then the rest but they only had the the 7 iron. I think I wish I would have known that late June when I called to buy them to now July possible August golf season will almost be over Idaho gets cold quick. I thought they looked amazing. I just feel paying 470.00 a club with the an upgraded shaft. Plus I bought 3 wedges with it. They should be able to tell you when those clubs will be here. Not continually moving the date out. So I just wonder if I made a mistake maybe I should just got another model or another company. Or I guess I need to have patience. Thank you for responding.

36 minutes ago, Thumper1978 said:

What makes me wish I never got them is it’s a lot of money yes I hit them so well in the fitting. I think with the wait time and not knowing when I am going to get them is driving me a little crazy. I chose the KM700 because of the the forgiveness was a little better then the rest but they only had the the 7 iron. I think I wish I would have known that late June when I called to buy them to now July possible August golf season will almost be over Idaho gets cold quick. I thought they looked amazing. I just feel paying 470.00 a club with the an upgraded shaft. Plus I bought 3 wedges with it. They should be able to tell you when those clubs will be here. Not continually moving the date out. So I just wonder if I made a mistake maybe I should just got another model or another company. Or I guess I need to have patience. Thank you for responding.

Yes they are a higher cost than most mainstream brands but they are a premium, exotic jdm product. Similar to other brands that are from the Asia market.

As for the delay I don’t know what’s causing to, but as to them not telling you or keep pushing it out they don’t have control over the availability of components and if there is a delay in getting the shaft or another piece it’s going to delay the build.

I can’t answer if you should cancel the order and look elsewhere or keep them. Unless you needed irons and wedges right now waiting isn’t hurting anything other than getting to enjoy new irons, which even if they came later in the year you would have them for next season

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

As to the slow delivery, some companies seem to be having a harder time than others.  I ordered Mizuno's 6 weeks ago yesterday.  I was told 5 weeks to receive them.  They now say they should ship this week.  My experience is pretty much in line with others who have ordered from Mizuno.  It is irritating but I anticipate having a set of irons that will fit me to a tee and that I can enjoy for as long as my club ho'ing tendencies stay in check.  You are paying a premium price for a premium product.  It's a shame that the communication with the company has been so unsatisfying.  Are Miura's worth the price?  I have no idea.  I used to be into watches and owned some expensive ones.  I appreciated the workmanship of premium watches, but they don't keep better time than an inexpensive Timex.

14 of the following:

Ping G430 Max 10.5 degree

Callaway 2023 Big Bertha 3 wood set to 17 degrees

Cobra F9 Speedback 7/8 wood set at 23.5 degrees

Callaway Epic Max 11 wood

Ping Eye 2 BeCu 2-SW

Mizuno 923 JPX HM HL 6-GW

Hogan sand wedge 56 degree bent to 53

Maltby M Series+ 54 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 Eye2 58 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 60 degree

Evnroll ER2

Ping Sigma 2 Anser

Cheap Top Flite mallet putter from Dick's, currently holding down first place in the bag

TaylorMade Mini Spider

Bridgestone XS

You are correct it’s a company to company problem. I got fitted for Srixon when the first can out. Got them in 6 days I think that’s part of my problem how can one company be so quick even my driver and fairway woods from Titleist came in 8 days. I also work is the material world buying for China Japan and other Asian countries I just don’t have problems getting product. So it leaves me to believe Miura has a work force problem which most of the country is struggling with.

1 hour ago, Thumper1978 said:

You are correct it’s a company to company problem. I got fitted for Srixon when the first can out. Got them in 6 days I think that’s part of my problem how can one company be so quick even my driver and fairway woods from Titleist came in 8 days. I also work is the material world buying for China Japan and other Asian countries I just don’t have problems getting product. So it leaves me to believe Miura has a work force problem which most of the country is struggling with.

Unless under the new business model that miura assembles in the US then it’s not a workforce issue unless they have a work shortage in Japan.

Pretty much every component in golf clubs come from overseas. If there is a delay on any of one of the components it’s going to delay the order. Shafts and grips have been an issue for 2 years now with shafts usually being the bigger delay. Some brands are better off than others with supplies but there was a period of time where kbs and Nippon were on 6 month or longer backorders.

I think your problem is more so buyers remorse because of the cost and the longer you go without them the more that sets in and you wonder if spending the money was wise. 

Not sure if you were fit for them as I don’t see that in the op, but if not that’s probably adding to the buyers remorse and possible regret once you do get them and they aren’t to your liking

Miura website always had their delivery date as Late June for all orders placed after January 2023 for the KM-700.  (They recently updated to July 2023)

I ordered my KM-700 back in Feb and am patiently waiting myself.  I don't expect them to deliver mine until mid-July and I'll be perfectly fine if they take longer since I know these irons will be well worth the wait.

All of Miura irons are hand made from forging to stamping.  Especially, the KM-700 irons are given extra attention since it has the owners stamp of approval on it so it takes longer to make compared to other models (except for AS1).  They don't use machines like Mizuno, Callaway, TM, Srixon, etc.. where they can turnaround a custom set within couple of weeks.  You can see all the work that goes into making their clubs on their website.

The KM-700 are not like any other set since it's most likely not going to be replaced with a newer model.  Rumor has it that this will be the last and final set that will be designed by the master himself.

• Driver (9°):  Taylormade Qi10 Ruby Red, Tour AD-DI 6S High Modulus Reloaded (Japanese limited edition)
  • 2 Wood (13.5°):  Taylormade BRNR Mini Driver, Tour AD-DI 7S
  • 3 Hybrid (17°): Callaway Apex UW, Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX 70
  • 4 Iron (22°):  Taylormade P-UDI, KBS Tour Proto HY 85S 
  • Irons (5-PW):  Miura KM-700 (1 degree strong), Aerotech Steelfiber Private Reserve i95 S
  • Wedges:  50°-10S & 56°-10S - Callaway Jaws Raw:  60°-08M - Vokey SM9
  • Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom 11 Long Design
  • Bag: Vessel Lux XV Cart 2.0
  • Balls: TM Tour Response Stripe, TM TP5, Srixon Z-Star Diamond
  • Gloves: PXG
  • Shoes:  Ecco Biom H4, G/Fore Gallivanter