Music on the Golf Course?

2 hours ago, Nick_Chilelli said:

I have music in one ear, and am still able to listen and converse with my playing partners with no issue, while they don’t have to listen to whatever I have on.

... Sounds like the best of both worlds. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:   :taylormade-small:   Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'Li Blue 70r
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        G430 Hybrid 22*... Alta Hy70r 
Irons:       :taylormade-small:    P770 5-pw ... Steelfiber i80r
                  :taylormade-small:    TP UDi 4 ... Steelfiber i80r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small:     MG3 46*/50*/54* MG4 58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :EVNROLL:     Custom 5.1 (no alignment)  33" 
Ball:          :taylormade-small:     '24 TP5x/Maxfli Tour X 

I used to be the guy who thought that music being played on the golf course was one of those things that you just don't do. But I have changed my mind depending on if you are golfing in a tournament, or at men's night, or just a round of golf with your friends or spouse. I always ask if it is okay to play music while golfing. And I choose music that I hope most everyone can enjoy.

23 hours ago, chisag said:

... Sounds like the best of both worlds. 

One of my buds in the league has these real expensive hearing aides. He has a remote to control things and he can play music off the blue tooth on his phone and no one else hears it. As far as music on the course and you know I am old school I have gotten to where it does not bother me as long as it is within our group and not too loud

BTW I am on here from now on do not look for me at the other place. I got into it with 2 of the mods over frivolous stuff and got banned. Actually they did me a favor as far as I am concerned. I was here long before there and it is more civilized here. Yeah check it out when you go back over

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Speeder 565 R flex- - 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R---- Irons 5 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex steel shafts--- SW -- Cleveland 588 56* S-400 Sensicore --- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter 1997 Scotty Cameron Santa Fe Fluted Bulls Eye shaft--- Bag TM Flex Lite Stand---- Yeah I know only 11 clubs 

G

1 hour ago, BIG STU said:

One of my buds in the league has these real expensive hearing aides. He has a remote to control things and he can play music off the blue tooth on his phone and no one else hears it. As far as music on the course and you know I am old school I have gotten to where it does not bother me as long as it is within our group and not too loud

BTW I am on here from now on do not look for me at the other place. I got into it with 2 of the mods over frivolous stuff and got banned. Actually they did me a favor as far as I am concerned. I was here long before there and it is more civilized here. Yeah check it out when you go back over

... Welcome back and awesome to see you again amigo! I was a member over there before here but avoid the snarky controversial posts. Which is pretty much most of them LOL. MGS being more civilized is infinitely more enjoyable for me as well. 

2 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Welcome back and awesome to see you again amigo! I was a member over there before here but avoid the snarky controversial posts. Which is pretty much most of them LOL. MGS being more civilized is infinitely more enjoyable for me as well. 

If he's talking about Hacker's Paradise, their moderation is laughable.  I don't know how anybody puts up with those mods.

WRX, The Sand Trap,  and Shot Talk got about one post a week as I remember them.

I really liked Golf Review before it faded away, but that was almost exclusively trash talking with no moderation whatever.  Good for me, maybe, but not most of this classy crew.  

Golf Monthly over at the UK is really good in some ways, but there's almost no talk at all about equipment, which is MGS's bread and butter.  

5 hours ago, RetiredBoomer said:

If he's talking about Hacker's Paradise, their moderation is laughable.  I don't know how anybody puts up with those mods.

WRX, The Sand Trap,  and Shot Talk got about one post a week as I remember them.

I really liked Golf Review before it faded away, but that was almost exclusively trash talking with no moderation whatever.  Good for me, maybe, but not most of this classy crew.  

Golf Monthly over at the UK is really good in some ways, but there's almost no talk at all about equipment, which is MGS's bread and butter.  

It was WRX and the moderation now is too heavy handed--- @chisag and I have known each other for years on both sites

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Speeder 565 R flex- - 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R---- Irons 5 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex steel shafts--- SW -- Cleveland 588 56* S-400 Sensicore --- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter 1997 Scotty Cameron Santa Fe Fluted Bulls Eye shaft--- Bag TM Flex Lite Stand---- Yeah I know only 11 clubs 

G

I love music. I'm a musician. I play several instruments. I used to manage a radio station and was an on air DJ before that. 

Few things piss me off more than a jerk off forcing me to listen to their favorite crap music by bringing a Bluetooth speaker. Even if I liked the song, it rarely helps my swing/game.

Grip it and rip it. (Unless you're talking about John Daly's Good Boy Teamonade; that stuff is gross)

Like Jimmy, i love music but not a fan of being compelled to listen to someone's music while golfing. Perhaps if they showed enough courtesy to ask if someone minded I'd be less put off by it, but I can't get used to the "only what I want" mentality. But when you sign up as a single you just have to expect anything I guess.

Still swinging after all these years

I find it annoying and distracting as it follows you around the course, I don't mind sounds, noises, even random loud sounds on the course. I take issue with the constant playing, it is very distracting. I recently played and heard music playing very loudly, not a big deal until it followed me around, I found that a single had a Bluetooth speaker blaring music and it just became annoying, and I love music, when appropriate.

Frank Fiorenini

Music isn't a big deal to me - when you're respectful of other players. I have music on when I'm playing with my sons or by myself, but nobody else can hear it, and I use AirPods on the range. If you're playing in mixed company, at least ask if whoever you're playing with is ok with it.

Driver: image.png.a4fd9ccd262e6afa89ac28ab0c13130f.png  Mavrik 10.5 loft, dialed down to 9.5, Project X HZRDUS Black, stiff shaft

Fairway Wood: image.png.a4fd9ccd262e6afa89ac28ab0c13130f.png  Mavrik 3 Wood 15 degree loft, Project X HZRDUS Black, stiff shaft

Fairway Finder/Rescue Club: Tommy Armour 845 2 iron 

Hybrid: image.png.a4fd9ccd262e6afa89ac28ab0c13130f.png Mavrik 3 Hybrid, Project X HZRDUS Black, stiff shaft

Irons: image.png.a4fd9ccd262e6afa89ac28ab0c13130f.png Mavrik irons (5-AW), True Temper Elevate 95 steel stiff shaft

Wedges: image.png.e7e2add9d78f70b5d1cc57a961f020e6.png Vokey  SM9 56 degree, F grind; 60 degree, M grind

Putter: image.png.e7e2add9d78f70b5d1cc57a961f020e6.png Scotty  Cameron Super Select Newport 2.5+

Ball:  image.png.04747de8f9aca055ccd980959d1e2014.png  Tour X

This happened today.  2 groups paired together. Our digital carts have BT built in for phones. 

One group was mid 50s, the other were early 20s. Guess which one was playing the rap?  😆 

BTW, I was 2 feet away, you couldn't hear either from 6 feet away

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

I don’t mind it, we have the BT system at my course and I hook up to it and I usually ride with the same guys and we switch it up to what we listen to but not so loud that the other cart can hear unless they are stopped right next to us

Robert Rosas

My Daughter and I played last week w a family. Dad and Mom (Mom not  playing) in one cart and their adult Son in another cart.  Dad and Mom have 70/80s light rock playing from their speaker. Son is playing metal. 

I don’t mind music, but the cacophony of loud clashing noise was too much. And they were both loud. They’d try to have a conversation and be saying “what?” all the time.   Other than that, very very nice people. 

Edited by WaffleHouseTour

Walking ahead of my BagBoy QuadXL w Alphard eWheels
Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Neutral w stock Evenflow Riptide R flex shaft
3W  Titelist TS2 15* Draw w Tensei Blue R flex
3H, 4H Cobra One Length F9 Speedback hybrids (1”short) w Fujikura Atmos R flex shaft
5I-GW Cobra Forged TEC Black One Length (1”short, 2* flat) KBS 90 R flex shafts
56, 60 Cobra King MIM One Length Black (1” short) KBS HiRev2.0 125 S flex shafts
ER7  or Scotty Futura X - 35”

OnCore Elixr (lemon or lime)

9 hours ago, Rob Person said:

This happened today.  2 groups paired together. Our digital carts have BT built in for phones. 

One group was mid 50s, the other were early 20s. Guess which one was playing the rap?  😆 

BTW, I was 2 feet away, you couldn't hear either from 6 feet away

This is why I love to play alone as a single. Just you and the golf course and the sounds of nature. Peace. 

Driver: Titleist TSR2 10 degree Tensei AV Blue 55 shaft 

Driver: TaylorMade Tour Issue R7 SuperQuad TP Prolaunch blue 65 shaft

Fairway woods: TaylorMade Burner 15 (3 wood) TaylorMade Burner 21 (7 wood)

Irons: Ping G425 irons 5-PW w/ Alta CB graphite shafts

Wedges: Mizuno JPX 921 gap 51. Ping Glide sand wedge 56. Titleist Vokey SM-07 lob wedge 60

Grips: Golf Pride MCC midsize plus 4 

Putter: Scotty Cameron Futura midsize

Balls: Titleist Pro V1 and Srixon Z-Star

Music has no place on the course during a round in my opinion, disrupting to other golfers and just causes issues, between golfers who don't want to hear it and then they say something then arguments happen , possible fights etc. 

With that being said, if there are outings or just socializing with friends after the round music at the clubhouse or pavilions, I don't have an issue with that as long as it is at a nice level, not blasting out of the speakers.

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

I play music more times than not. I enjoy listening to it. But you can’t hear it when you’re more than 5 feet away from my cart. 

I could play golf every day and learn something new each time.

Driver: Callaway_logoChev.jpg.210738784f200cb0d13f9386f1575265.jpgParadym TD 9* or EPIC Max LS 10.5* or  Ping.png.bd9875c415de0caaf18165e81353fcba.png425LST 9* 

Woods: Callaway_logoChev.jpg.210738784f200cb0d13f9386f1575265.jpg Mini or TM.png.882c22efb861c87ad5aa6b2f88e9743f.png Mini BRNR

Hybrids: PXG.jpg.f43fb635ef9ee412fa814c0d924d1ee5.jpg3H, 4H, 5H 

Irons: NL.png.a16c1db32eb8495938c8958152d9be4c.png902PD 

Wedges: titleist.jpeg.79b06f097c7bfa5eecb9179cb2b8800a.jpegVokey SM10 48, 52, 56* 

Putter: SM.jpg.6ec6e268aa1364f355b3f10b9901b64e.jpgBlack MiniGiant 

Ball: titleist.jpeg.79b06f097c7bfa5eecb9179cb2b8800a.jpegPro V1X or Callaway_logoChev.jpg.210738784f200cb0d13f9386f1575265.jpgChrome TourX

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63746-motocaddy-m-series-carts-2024-forum-member-review/?do=findComment&comment=1042686

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/62621-forum-member-reviews-callaway-whitebox-testing/?do=findComment&comment=1020558

13 minutes ago, Erin B said:

I play music more times than not. I enjoy listening to it. But you can’t hear it when you’re more than 5 feet away from my cart. 

... I have to think many just don't read responses before posting, especially the anti music posts. There is a massive gap between "music has no place on the course" and "I love music when I play". It certainly seems from responses that most on MGS play music at a level only they can hear but some make posts that would have you think everyone plays music at a concert level, disrupting anyone else on the course and particularly egregious if it is music you don't appreciate. 

... I find music no different than anything else when playing golf. Most people are aware they share the course with others and rake the bunkers, replace/fill their divots and fix their ball mark and maybe a few others all while keeping pace. But there are those playing slow because they are socializing more than playing, drinking excessively, stopping the cart girl when they are a hole behind and treat the course like a garbage dump. Thankfully just like playing music far too loud, they are the exceptions. 

On 7/9/2023 at 2:22 PM, Ron Folkinga said:

What are your thoughts about music while playing golf? I've played about four or five rounds with a guy I ran into last summer. He is a friend of a friend who I had met once before but didn't know at all. He insists on bringing a speaker and installing it on the cart and playing 70's rock all day long while playing. The first few times it didn't bother me too much but I still wasn't wild about it. The last couple of times it really started bugging me and affecting my game. For the record we're both in our 60's and I love music. I have a nice stereo set up at home and love listening to good music. I like a lot of different genres and I do listen to some oldies once in a while. But four and half hours of listening to 70's rock just doesn't do it for me. The last time we played we were on the first tee and on came Bob Segar's "Old Time Rock and Roll." I just couldn't take it any more and asked him politely if we could just cut the music this time. He seemed somewhat offended even though he insisted he wasn't. He replied that he would agree "this one time." He's never asked if music bothers anyone and if anyone so much as makes a peep while he's on the tee box he has no problem turning around and giving them a dirty look. 

What do you think, pro music or no music?

This is my opinion and my opinion only, I think most people would agree with me:

I believe everyone should have the option to listen to music while playing golf. However, if the music is too loud and affects other players, it should be turned off when taking your shot. Additionally, it should not be loud enough to disturb players on nearby holes. If you choose to play music, keep the volume low to avoid disrupting others and turn it off during your swing.

If your playing partner prefers not to listen to music at all, please respect their preference and turn it off. Also, if you frequently play with someone who might not enjoy listening to the same genre of music for extended periods, consider creating a playlist with a variety of genres to suit both of your tastes and switch between them as needed.

d.dagieu

On 7/9/2023 at 2:22 PM, Ron Folkinga said:

What are your thoughts about music while playing golf? I've played about four or five rounds with a guy I ran into last summer. He is a friend of a friend who I had met once before but didn't know at all. He insists on bringing a speaker and installing it on the cart and playing 70's rock all day long while playing. The first few times it didn't bother me too much but I still wasn't wild about it. The last couple of times it really started bugging me and affecting my game. For the record we're both in our 60's and I love music. I have a nice stereo set up at home and love listening to good music. I like a lot of different genres and I do listen to some oldies once in a while. But four and half hours of listening to 70's rock just doesn't do it for me. The last time we played we were on the first tee and on came Bob Segar's "Old Time Rock and Roll." I just couldn't take it any more and asked him politely if we could just cut the music this time. He seemed somewhat offended even though he insisted he wasn't. He replied that he would agree "this one time." He's never asked if music bothers anyone and if anyone so much as makes a peep while he's on the tee box he has no problem turning around and giving them a dirty look. 

What do you think, pro music or no music?

This is my opinion and my opinion only, I think most people would agree with me:

I believe everyone should have the option to listen to music while playing golf. However, if the music is too loud and affects other players, it should be turned off when taking your shot. Additionally, it should not be loud enough to disturb players on nearby holes. If you choose to play music, keep the volume low to avoid disrupting others and turn it off during your swing.

If your playing partner prefers not to listen to music at all, please respect their preference and turn it off. Also, if you frequently play with someone who might not enjoy listening to the same genre of music for extended periods, consider creating a playlist with a variety of genres to suit both of your tastes and switch between them as needed.

d.dagieu

14 hours ago, Vertical said:

This is why I love to play alone as a single. Just you and the golf course and the sounds of nature. Peace. 

I like inclement weather for this purpose. To me its worth it to have the place to myself. Within reason of course. 

18 hours ago, pbclub said:

I like inclement weather for this purpose. To me its worth it to have the place to myself. Within reason of course. 

💯 Nothing better than to be alone on a golf course. It’s as close to pure freedom as it gets

Edited by Vertical

Driver: Titleist TSR2 10 degree Tensei AV Blue 55 shaft 

Driver: TaylorMade Tour Issue R7 SuperQuad TP Prolaunch blue 65 shaft

Fairway woods: TaylorMade Burner 15 (3 wood) TaylorMade Burner 21 (7 wood)

Irons: Ping G425 irons 5-PW w/ Alta CB graphite shafts

Wedges: Mizuno JPX 921 gap 51. Ping Glide sand wedge 56. Titleist Vokey SM-07 lob wedge 60

Grips: Golf Pride MCC midsize plus 4 

Putter: Scotty Cameron Futura midsize

Balls: Titleist Pro V1 and Srixon Z-Star

• 2 weeks later...

I enjoy music on the golf course I have a little speaker I bring with me I keep iy to a minimum sound where I can just hear it and usually have no issue whether paired with a stranger or family member . music takes my mind off overthinking the shot and I play better sometimes because am feeling the music .

chris

I personally love having music on the course! In my regular group we play music from various genres to keep it fresh. I’m aware of other groups that we are close to on the course and pause the music when needed. It is as much of a staple as my range finder!

BC Canada Golfer

Eh, hitting my irons pure is the best music to my ears. Someone else's choice is just that. It's not my choice.

However, I'd rather hear music in my backswing if played at a respectable level than a voice yelling about how awful or great their shot was! But it's all golf. Just be courteous and we'll get along fine.

-XY

:redrooster: Sussex and Rain Rooster
:titleist-small: ProV1X
:taylormade-small: QI10 LS
:callaway-small: Epic Flash 3-wood
:taylormade-small: 4H Stealth 2, stiff
:ping-small: i525, 6 - W, 1 degree flat, ProjectX 5.5 110 g shafts
:vokey-small: SM10 52, 56, 60
:L.A.B.: DF3 Broomstick
:ping-small: Ping Pioneer Cart Bag
MGI electric cart

For a casual round with friends, I think music is fine as long as no one objects, or the music is kept to a volume that can only be heard in the direct vicinity of the cart. Be respectful of other groups on a slow day with any backups at the tee box.

AJ

PXG Black Ops Driver and Fairway Woods (3 and 7)

PXG 0311 P Gen7 Irons (4-GW)

PXG Sugar Daddy 3 Wedges (54 and 58)

Tommy Armour Impact Blade Putter

My buddy had music in his cart yesterday. It's his fault I shot a 56 on the front 9.

🤣

In all seriousness - he did bring his Bluetooth with him and we listened to Radiohead all day. You couldn't hear the music once you were 10 feet away from his cart. It was a holiday so the course was pretty busy, no one even looked at us or said a thing. Nor did we hear music from anyone else, for that matter. 

In my Big Max hybrid bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Halo XL 5i-DW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:EVNROLL: ER5 
:maxfli: Tour S

Well, I just experienced a very annoying musical experience.  I was at the local putting green this morning doing my thing, when a guy showed up blaring....er....sharing his music at a very, shall we say, noticeable level.  I'm not a particular fan of reggae, but this was particularly not Tosh or Marley-esque.  I took my ball[s] and went home.  Many thanks to those who remain mindful that other's chosen distraction may not match with their own.  I ask you, what is the problem with ear buds?  

-XY

:redrooster: Sussex and Rain Rooster
:titleist-small: ProV1X
:taylormade-small: QI10 LS
:callaway-small: Epic Flash 3-wood
:taylormade-small: 4H Stealth 2, stiff
:ping-small: i525, 6 - W, 1 degree flat, ProjectX 5.5 110 g shafts
:vokey-small: SM10 52, 56, 60
:L.A.B.: DF3 Broomstick
:ping-small: Ping Pioneer Cart Bag
MGI electric cart

7 hours ago, russtopherb said:

In all seriousness - he did bring his Bluetooth with him and we listened to Radiohead all day.

... Have you ever seen them in concert? They are like a completely different band live, just an amazing show. I really love their studio stuff but live is a much more rock n roll show. 

11 hours ago, chisag said:

... Have you ever seen them in concert? They are like a completely different band live, just an amazing show. I really love their studio stuff but live is a much more rock n roll show. 

100% agreed. I felt like it was only a few years ago but I last saw them in 2001 just outside of Boston. It was an amazing concert, they were so tight live. I was a bit disappointed in how a lot of the songs were slightly slowed down but it made them groove a lot harder.

In my Big Max hybrid bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Halo XL 5i-DW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:EVNROLL: ER5 
:maxfli: Tour S

I was just thinking about music on the course.  Sometimes I want music sometimes I don’t.  There are times I find that the song helps with tempo then the next song throws me off.  Strange thing is I always listen to music at the range.  Problem is the music I listen to at the range is not what the group listens to on the course.  Overall, we ask if anyone in the group does not prefer music and won’t play any unless all agree or club rules prohibit.  

Driver - Ping G410+ LA golf 65S

3wood - Ping G400 Aldia green 75S

5 wood - Ping G410 Aldia 75S

4-pw Iron - TM M3 steel fiber  i110

Ping Glide 3.0 - 50, 54, 58 Nippon 115

Odyssey O-Works 2-ball

ProV1x