Rapsodo MLM2 Pro

Sluggo42

Very nice! Other than price, what feature(s) attracted you to that unit vs others between say $500 - $1,000..?

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

The cameras and the exceptional accuracy. All the comparison videos with the others showed it to be the truest for indoor work

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

That's awesome @Sluggo42! The MLM2 has been the #1 most intriguing product for me this year. I always wanted the original, but it only ever was compatible with Apple. What phone or tablet will you be using?

I'm looking forward to reading about your experiences with it. 

52 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

That's awesome @Sluggo42! The MLM2 has been the #1 most intriguing product for me this year. I always wanted the original, but it only ever was compatible with Apple. What phone or tablet will you be using?

I'm looking forward to reading about your experiences with it. 

I’ll be using my iPad, but half my quest will be in figuring out how to get it to broadcast onto my booth screen

IMG_1901.jpeg.8234106497ac6ef644f3a1498301333e.jpeg

I really need to flip my screen a 180° or something to get the wrinkles out- poor screen has endured at least 10,000 hits…

but- I have to give a massive shout out to “Fiberbuilt” hitting mats, this is far and away the best hitting surface I’ve ever used. It is close to perfect- one thing I super like is that when you’re “fat” on a hit, it drags thru it.

plus you don’t wear foot prints into the rubber stance area. Plug plug plug- they should pay me for this endorsement!!

Really looking forward to hearing how you like it @Sluggo42! This or the Garmin R10 is at the top of my want list for this year’s winter as I want to be able to keep swinging in my garage but be able to see some ball flight data. 

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

1 minute ago, Jnoble89 said:

Really looking forward to hearing how you like it @Sluggo42! This or the Garmin R10 is at the top of my want list for this year’s winter as I want to be able to keep swinging in my garage but be able to see some ball flight data. 

I was so down on the r10, it was a done deal… but then all the videos exposed the spin axis inabilities of the r10, and the MLM2 pro ruled.

to me, spin on the ball is perhaps more important than distance. Learning how to impart spin, is a crucial component to our game. I hope to be able to really learn exactly how to spin the ball, so, the MLM2 wins

WOW…

live got to wrap my head around what I just did…

its got my home course as well as all the local tracks around here on simulator mode, however not very accurate as far as trees and vegetation and water etc, but … yardages of sim course holes are good.

spin and spin axis are awesome

gahhh, more later- gotta think!

Another cool feature:

the cameras… and if you push one of the buttons, it will also run the camera on your iPhone (or iPad). So you get a rear view, and a side view (or where ever you want), and then the super slow motion impact view. 
its really cool, except when you resemble a fat old guy who swings like a sloth with no balance, then you get sick of watching yourself. Now if I was working on a move, like keeping the trailing elbow in to shallow my swing, then I would like it more.

a non- feature is the angle of attack. I would like that, and for some reason I think you can get it with one of the 3rd party apps like awesome golf, or e6. But I’m not positive. Mostly like that feature to ensure I’ve got a positive AOA on driver, and not such a steep negative on iron shots. I’ve found that a little hips forward at driver address really helps to get that.

anyhoo, working on mirroring iPad to MacBook, to complete the look to the projector for the final piece of the puzzle…

I have the original Rapsodo MLM, and it has been serviceable for what it is. Sounds and looks like they have made some major upgrades to the 2nd iteration. I have been holding off on buying the 2, as there is nothing wrong with the one I have, but I may have to reconsider that stance. It would be nice to have the sim function, for the winter months if nothing else. Have you tried it out on the range yet? The 1st gen model is prone to overheating in direct sunlight, so I am curious if they have solved that in the 2nd gen model. 

WITB:

D: :taylormade-small: QI-10 core 9* Ventus Blue TR Velocore 6x

3w: :taylormade-small: Brnr mini driver 13.5 S

3h: :ping-small: G430 19° Tour 2/Stiff

7W: :callaway-small: 21° Rogue ST Max LinQ 7X

5i-6i:  :srixon-small: ZX5 MKII Project X 6.0

7i-PW: :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII Project X 6.0

50°, 54° & 58°:   :ping-small: Glide Forged Pro

P:   :odyssey-small: White Hot Versa DW

Ball:  :bridgestone-small: Tour BX mindset

Bag:  Ghost MGS Anyday 14 way

"And so, we beat on, boats against the current, borne ceaselessly into the past." - Fitzgerald

” The woods are lovely, dark and deep,   

But I have promises to keep,   

And miles to go before I sleep,   

And miles to go before I sleep. - Frost

"That you are here—that life exists and identity,

That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse." - Whitman

4 hours ago, Ben Joest said:

I have the original Rapsodo MLM, and it has been serviceable for what it is. Sounds and looks like they have made some major upgrades to the 2nd iteration. I have been holding off on buying the 2, as there is nothing wrong with the one I have, but I may have to reconsider that stance. It would be nice to have the sim function, for the winter months if nothing else. Have you tried it out on the range yet? The 1st gen model is prone to overheating in direct sunlight, so I am curious if they have solved that in the 2nd gen model. 

No, today was my first day playing with it- I do know range balls probably won’t see spin- interesting that the 1 overheated- I wonder if that’s why they used gray plastic rather than black…

Day two of messing with the MLM2PRO… it is really a cool toy. Still just finding out what all it does, way more than I know yet.

finally figured out that all I need to project onto my hitting bay screen is a little $25 Apple lightning to hdmi adapter, and got one on the way as of 5 minutes ago..

Here’s one of a billion different things it does..

C658CC6C-11AF-4928-ADB4-FCF7769E3E50.png.3d39de55e22dc455042ab1fcac7e92fe.png

Bought some of the stick on dots from Just a Potamus. Pretty easy to apply, but not as easy to make them land in the right spots due to the paper bending- after doing these three new Maxfli Tour X balls, it occurred to me that perhaps some relief cuts on the paper might help-

im also going to dip into my “found balls bucket” for more balls- I’ve got a ton of proV’s that would love to become sim balls haha

IMG_1934.jpeg.57ea1e50456e646c8089d7fffbd4de5c.jpegIMG_1935.jpeg.9a149eb6b42d16b2696be4db8af46575.jpegIMG_1937.jpeg.412c5b8c4fc6fa5ebd624d94be1a41a8.jpegIMG_1939.jpeg.f047ea61da8bb00aafe42491ebf20ced.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Yea, I was looking at the Garmin, but the lack of spin axis ability was a dealbreaker. This seems like the only one under 1K that can do that, even if you DO have to use the balls or buy the dot templates. I am just waiting till they get the connection with Android going, lots of people working on that right now, but as far as I know this is a IOS only thing, right?

Edited by RockerFCC

Just your "normal" obsessed golfer in search of more shots with names of flying critters...

On 7/20/2023 at 1:52 PM, Sluggo42 said:

Bought some of the stick on dots from Just a Potamus. Pretty easy to apply, but not as easy to make them land in the right spots due to the paper bending- after doing these three new Maxfli Tour X balls, it occurred to me that perhaps some relief cuts on the paper might help

Have you noticed any difference in tracking based on the dots not being on there exactly right? I would think it wouldn't make too much difference so long as it catches a couple revs.

Just your "normal" obsessed golfer in search of more shots with names of flying critters...

2 hours ago, RockerFCC said:

Have you noticed any difference in tracking based on the dots not being on there exactly right? I would think it wouldn't make too much difference so long as it catches a couple revs.

Ya know, it’s hard to say really. I don’t hit every ball exactly the same, so the numbers are always different-

but I do know that there are some generalizations that are similar to we’ll hit balls, and I honestly can’t say there is any problem with dots that might be slightly off.

I saw a guy at the range with one of these. Do you NEED to use the balls with the markings on it in order for it to work? I think he was just getting distances and apex vs RPM, so I'm just curious. 

"In fact , we both tend to hold the Midwestern stoic view that genuine problems are solved with action, not pissing and moaning. If you run around sharing your feelings too much, you'll eventually arrive at a place where you're not only still screwed up, but now everyone knows about it, too." - John Gierach - Sex, Death and Fly Fishing

7 hours ago, Shakeyfly said:

I saw a guy at the range with one of these. Do you NEED to use the balls with the markings on it in order for it to work? I think he was just getting distances and apex vs RPM, so I'm just curious. 

Yes, however you don’t get spin or spin axis without the dotted balls. I think my PRGR would get nearly the same … it’s a pretty good little unit, but very basic compared the the MLM2,especially when attached to a 3rd party sim… yum yum

ill post a quick vid in a few to show a replay of a shot from today

Here is a quick video on the replay function using the free E6 connect with my Rapsodo MLM2 Pro. Such an awesome toy. It gets insane comparisons to the track man and gQuads etc… 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/14/2023 at 4:33 PM, Sluggo42 said:

I saw a video on YouTube, and I was hooked. How could a $699 mobile launch monitor provide data on par with a GC3? And be able to play simulators that look killer?

So me, being the worlds second biggest sucker, only behind you, I decided to take the plunge. I made my order last Saturday, and here it sits in my hand as I write this.

As opposed to following the normal script in providing a review about a product, this will be more along the lines of jumping into the deep end and floundering as I go. If you follow along, please ask questions, and I’ll do my best to answer. I haven’t decided to keep editing this primary post with new info, or to just keep adding comments as I move along. But since the wife is ready to go to dinner, this first post will be quick-

and just a few pics to get started…IMG_1913.jpeg.3a014e814444f52e99585722498f19f2.jpegIMG_1914.jpeg.eba74f355b122f522cdbc5eac9151660.jpegIMG_1915.jpeg.91cfb51b84f15b9216bcbfd53a605759.jpegIMG_1916.jpeg.a5de3b89bc7fe39a08214cef3d3fa3fa.jpegIMG_1917.jpeg.211aa1f725f3131b9b0fb8038b818aad.jpegIMG_1919.jpeg.c7a17305aca9838dd7e7e332636060dc.jpegIMG_1920.jpeg.3d222104bb51f8f9cff9cb001cb3c98e.jpegIMG_1921.jpeg.7dd0dbe64bd42cff2e8bacac6324008e.jpegIMG_1922.jpeg.b668e5ce30cc7295bb7f38f6d87c6a45.jpegIMG_1923.jpeg.cd2c11fc690da98267c2886d9c167f14.jpegIMG_1924.jpeg.3ec3f5d7b8c9eb7340f47071bd515e46.jpeg

a

On 8/3/2023 at 6:57 PM, RockerFCC said:

Yea, I was looking at the Garmin, but the lack of spin axis ability was a dealbreaker. This seems like the only one under 1K that can do that, even if you DO have to use the balls or buy the dot templates. I am just waiting till they get the connection with Android going, lots of people working on that right now, but as far as I know this is a IOS only thing, right?

The mlm2pro works with Android, a majority of the connection issues you read online come from iOS. Issue is iOS is only way to get those sweet sweet free E6 courses so 😑 

Anytime Im on the range, it's a quick setup to my phone. 

WITB: 

Driver: Taylormade M5 - Aldila Rogue Silver 70-X

3&5 Wood: Taylormade M5 - Hzrds Smoke Black 60X

4-PW: 2011 Taylormade MC, 1/4" long, 2deg up, KBS 120g TourX

50,54,58 - Taylormade MG, Kbs Tour S

Putter - Tour Edge Wingman 03 - Face balanced, Armlock w/ 2x Superstore 5.0

On 7/15/2023 at 5:51 PM, Ben Joest said:

I have one as well, works awesome on the range. Set it up beside GC quad to do some testing. Ballspeed and launch angle bang on, carry varied a bit but most times within 5 yards 🤷‍♂️ also had a 170 yard 9i reading on quad so I'll blame crappy range balls that don't spin 😂

No overheating here, it's been about 30-34 here and I overheat before the unit does 😂

WITB: 

Driver: Taylormade M5 - Aldila Rogue Silver 70-X

3&5 Wood: Taylormade M5 - Hzrds Smoke Black 60X

4-PW: 2011 Taylormade MC, 1/4" long, 2deg up, KBS 120g TourX

50,54,58 - Taylormade MG, Kbs Tour S

Putter - Tour Edge Wingman 03 - Face balanced, Armlock w/ 2x Superstore 5.0

1 hour ago, Timberwolfmadcat said:

I have one as well, works awesome on the range. Set it up beside GC quad to do some testing. Ballspeed and launch angle bang on, carry varied a bit but most times within 5 yards 🤷‍♂️ also had a 170 yard 9i reading on quad so I'll blame crappy range balls that don't spin 😂

No overheating here, it's been about 30-34 here and I overheat before the unit does 😂

To clarify, it’s the iPhone that overheats and limits the device to shaded areas for my use. Even in shaded areas, if the temps are above 90 Fahrenheit, the iPhone/MLM has trouble with overheating.

WITB:

D: :taylormade-small: QI-10 core 9* Ventus Blue TR Velocore 6x

3w: :taylormade-small: Brnr mini driver 13.5 S

3h: :ping-small: G430 19° Tour 2/Stiff

7W: :callaway-small: 21° Rogue ST Max LinQ 7X

5i-6i:  :srixon-small: ZX5 MKII Project X 6.0

7i-PW: :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII Project X 6.0

50°, 54° & 58°:   :ping-small: Glide Forged Pro

P:   :odyssey-small: White Hot Versa DW

Ball:  :bridgestone-small: Tour BX mindset

Bag:  Ghost MGS Anyday 14 way

"And so, we beat on, boats against the current, borne ceaselessly into the past." - Fitzgerald

” The woods are lovely, dark and deep,   

But I have promises to keep,   

And miles to go before I sleep,   

And miles to go before I sleep. - Frost

"That you are here—that life exists and identity,

That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse." - Whitman

On 8/19/2023 at 9:28 AM, Ben Joest said:

To clarify, it’s the iPhone that overheats and limits the device to shaded areas for my use. Even in shaded areas, if the temps are above 90 Fahrenheit, the iPhone/MLM has trouble with overheating.

That's good to know. I was thinking of getting one of these fr my back porch and setting up a simulator. I have an Apple phone. While I have shades on my back porch, I am in AZ and it can get hotter than 90 out back. I appreciate this feedback.

Driver: Callaway Epic 9 degree, stiff (set at 10 degrees with the movable weight in the center}

FW: Callaway Epic 3,5, heaven wood w/ regular shaft (driver shaft in 3 wood, 3 wood shaft in 5 wood, 5 wood shaft in heaven wood, all three set at neutral plus 1 degree)

Hybrids: Callaway BB19 4,6,7 (4 set at neutral plus 1 degree and 6 and 7 set at neutral minus 1 degree for gapping purposes)

Irons: Callaway Rogue ST Max 8, 9, PW 

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM6 50,54,58

Ball: Titleist Pro V1, 1X, Vice Pro Plus or anything I find that day and try out for the fun of it (I haven't bought balls with my own money in at least 10 years)