OFF PEAK/PEAK HOURS AND PRICES

Off Peak: £17 per hour
Monday – Friday 7am to 5pm and from 10pm
Saturday – Sunday 7am to 8am and from 9pm

Peak: £22 per hour
Monday – Friday 5pm to 10pm
Saturday – Sunday 8am to 9pm
Bank Holidays – 8am to 9pm

the balls were always pretty new but they were low compression balls intended to not fly very far. The Top Tracer they had was great, but the distances were all estimates as it boosted everything up by a certain percentage to account for the rubbish balls. Even still, that's way too expensive by my standards.

• 9 months later...

As others have mentioned a benefit to a club is included range balls. My club’s range isn’t open too late and is 30 minutes away. 

There is a small course with a range about 8 minutes away. Their cost is $5/$9/$14 but if you buy a 50 large bucket card You get a 30% discount and can use on any size bucket and save 30%. So it’s good to go there for a quick range session late. It’s lighted and open until 10 during the summer. 

:taylormade-small: Stealth Driver

:honma: 3W & 5H

:taylormade-small: P790 4-PW S-Taper S

:benhogan-small: 50, 54, 58

:odyssey-small: 7S

In Europe it is totally ridiculous.  I pay at my club the equivalent of about $4 for 22-24 balls, several of which are "not playable" but I smack them anyway. I find also the whole club set up not very good - mats are in terrible shape, virtually none of which have any of the rubber tee holders anymore, and the balls are in very poor shape for the most part.  If there were other options better close by I would move in a heartbeat. I would be fine with say $5 for 30 - 40 balls, a good number to warm up with and get through your bag decently. 

image.png.b89fa684b54b186f20c376e6af43ac1d.png 425's- 5i to PW, UW

image.png.4462ac5ffcc9491d68e78951b3a1a587.png  G400 Driver, G425 3W, G425 7W, G425 3H

image.png.cf53a065a6e348c87221c4bf13510375.png 56 degree Hi-Toe wedge

image.png.4462ac5ffcc9491d68e78951b3a1a587.png  Glide 60 degree 

image.png.d4990c8d6330ecc392d9a5124b26165a.png Evnroll ER3

On 7/15/2023 at 6:55 AM, ctg44 said:

To me, this is the 2nd best benefit to being a member of a private club (even a lower tier Invited Corp. one like ours) after being able to numerous weekend tee times for sub 3 1/2 hour rounds at will.I booked the round we're headed to shortly at 08:18 AM CDT on Thursday evening for my wife and I.  We won't have to share the tee time with anyone else, which is nice because even though she's good at golf, my wife is not a fan of social golf.

Our range generally has decent Callaway Practice balls, and if you pull out the ones you don't like, the range staff will throw those away.  Range balls and access to the chipping / putting area are all included and unlimited for members.  On weekends, we get to practice on grass, with weekday practice coming on decent mats with (mostly) good cork substrate.

This is one of the main reasons I joined a private club.  I practice a lot.  I generally don't play on the weekends...it gets pretty crowded.  However, it isn't unusual for me to spend a few hours each weekend on the range.  When the balls at my station run low, they usually fill them without being asked.  The range/cart guys get to know us pretty well and know who will be on the range for a while.  They also will get a cart ready in advance for the guys riding, especially for those that store their clubs at the course.  One of the other courses I was a member of would charge nearly the price of the golf membership to be a member of the range as well...it was irritating.

Cobra LTDx one-length 6-SW

Cobra Aerojet 2,3,4,5 Hybrids--85g stiff shafts

Cobra F8 10.5* Driver 

Cleveland CBX 58* Wedge

Bettinardi Mercedes-Benz putter

Dedicated Walker

The last time I was at a range in the UK without Trackman or Toptracer bays it was £12 for a 100 balls but now all the local ranges have the Ball tracking capabilities installed and charge £18. It is far more interactive but at the course you can get the full Trackman Studio for £25/hour which I would far prefer using, we also have a practise area that is about 240 yds long but you have to use your own balls and collect them. This is OK when you have the range to yourself but you get some FWs that will set themselves up in your hitting zone to do some obscure practise routine, that seems to have no rhyme or reason to.

WIMB

Driver Callaway Epic 10.5' Fujikura Stiff

3W Callaway Epic 15' Fujikura Stiff

3-AW Srixon Z565 Nippon Stiff

52', 56' Cleveland RTX 585 Wedges

Putter Taylormade Rosa Daytona

Bags 2017 Callaway Org14 Cart bag or 2018 Srixon Z start Carry bag 

In the UAE, depending on the Golf Club, the price can range from AED 50-100 per bucket of 50 balls. Mostly they are in good condition. The most common brands are Pinnacle, TaylorMade, Titleist and Callaway.

In case you are a member at the Golf Club, such facilities are free.

Driver - Ping 430Max

Fairway Woods - Taylor Made 3&5

Irons - Takomo 201s

Wedges - Takomo Skyforgers

Putter - Odyssey Ai One CH

I have two ranges nearby. Both have trackman monitors (though the accuracy is questionable). One charges 10, 12, or 15 dollars depending on the size (s, m, l). I think the large bucket is like 100ish balls. It has auto-loading and tees it for you too. They use mostly Mizuno practice balls with a few Wilson practice balls here and there.

the other is a double-decker range, similar to Topgolf, but without the food and drinks. I think they charge like $45 an hour if it’s in the evening or weekends. If you can get there before 4pm it’s $25/hr. Kind of a rip off in my opinion, especially considering the mats are often messed up and the tees fly out of the mats. They use Callaway practice balls but are mostly pretty beat up.

TM stealth 2+ driver

callaway paradigm TD 3 wood

mizuno jpx-921 hm pro irons (4-G)

mizuno t22 54 degree

kirky sig 60 degree

odyssey 2-ball 

UK based… our local range, 9 holer overall set up is awesome to be fair. 

Every bay (20( has TrackMan Range on it… ball charges are

25 Balls £3.50
50 Balls £6.50
75 Balls £8.00
100 Balls £9.75

However, you can buy a range card either £50 and get £60 credit or £100 and get £125 credit which helps with the cost. Has a blend of Taylormade Practice balls (very good) and some Srixon which are a little more spinny. 

Also has 6 outside bays and short game area which is £10 per hour to hire. 

WITB > Stealth 2 Driver > Mizuno STG 3 & 5 woods > Mizuno 243 Irons > Vokey SM9 Wedges (50,54,60)

The best range by me is at a public course which allows hitting off of grass is $14 for a large bucket (90 balls). They also have a short game area for 75 yards and under which you can retrieve the balls and reuse. So, that saves you from wasting half of your bucket on feel/short wedge shots. Another place I go to (another public course), it is $7 for about 25 balls. You hit off of mats and me personally I cannot hit over a 3-wood there because there is a house at the end of the range. It stinks, but it lets me get work in. It is also, less than a mile away from me. So, that’s the only reason why it is in the rotation. There’s also a final one which is your typical 💩hole range. $12 for a large bucket (90 balls), tires for markers, mats, but, I can work every club. There’s nothing worse than driving further for the 1st option and not being allowed to hit off the grass. 
My area has very limited options. I also do not want to drive 30 mins for trackman. However, I may have to suck it up.

- TK

We get free range balls through our membership but if you wanted to purchase it is:

25 - $6.00

50 - $9.00

75 - $11.00

Titleist GT3 11* Tensei 1k blue

Titleist TSR2 4w 16*

Titleist TSR2 5w 18.75*

MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

Vokey SM9 Wedges 50* 54* 58*

DF2.1 Putter

I live in the Youngstown area and typically when I go to the range I seem to see prices that range from $6 to $10 for small buckets and $10-$15 for large buckets. Just depends on the quality of the facility and balls they use. 

Aim small miss big!

In Boogie Down Bronx, NY a small bucket of 70 balls is $12.00 at Turtle Cove Golf Range. The balls are usually in better shape than the mats! Overall though, a nice place to get your swing work in!!

$4 for a small bucket (maybe 30 balls), up to $15 for a jumbo bucket (around 120 balls).

The balls are terrible (old Pinnacle balls) that are beat up and are well past the time of needing replaced.

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Sim Ti 3 wood

Titleist U505 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons (4-PW)

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

Where i go, they charge from $10- $18. I have 3 different ranges available and all the balls are horrible. At the very least, we can still get some swings in and work on contact but don't get good numbers for distance.

Live in the northern Virginia region.  Most of the prices around here are in the $12-14 dollar range for a large bucket (90-110 balls).  I would estimate maybe half the balls have been purchased within the last year, but plenty of older balls in there as well.  A lot of local courses also put the "found balls" from annual area cutbacks/course maintenance into the range ball rota.  Not uncommon to find TP5s and PRO-V1s in the bucket.  The range balls definitely do not go as far as my regular ball, but I use the range session primarily to confirm ball flight, not distance.

Driver - Titleist.png.498bc07308fe56d564be22c9431a5e18.png 917 Speeder 757 X-Flex

Woods/Hybrids - Titleist.png.38f33ae482f03fcb0b418c4ad449014d.png 913 series Aldila Riptide X-Flex 

Irons - Titleist.png.db92d1d5ded4d1e2c006d38c55ff42d7.png 710/712 CB/MB Combo Set TTDG X100 & S300

Wedges - Titleist.png.be3c490c674724282df255bccde13d6a.png Vokey Spin Milled 52/56/60

Putter - EVNROLLlogo.jpg.fe3da74474e04365077bd707c1132da3.jpg Neo Classic ER2

Ball - Titleist.png.0716431d8fbd49f30882f96bc07b7d40.png Tour Speed/Soft

Rangefinder - BushnellLogo.jpg.52d5c06a2ba66a8729d6938779ae75db.jpg Tour V5 Shift

In the summer months a large bucket at the area range is $12 and there are 90-100 balls in the bucket.  In the winter months add $2 for using the heated booths.  Typically they are in good condition relatively fresh range balls.  

Mahonex

TaylorMade R1, Grafalloy Blackbird Stiff

Tour Edge, 3wd, 3&4 hybrids

Hogan FTX 5-E, Hogan 4 shafts

Cobra Trusty Rusty gap wedge

Tour Edge Putter

Private course - $0.00

Public course. - $5.00 for 40-50 balls.  I figure that amount is roughly half of a round for your typical public course player. Also, only have one size, which should dissuade from the hacker buying the humongous bucket of balls and digging a trench reminiscent of a backyard sprinkler system installed by someone who watched HGTV during the weekend.

The place I go to uses Titleist balls and replaces them at least once or twice a year. A bucket costs $18, but the nice part is that $18 is good for the day. So, I go in the morning, hit a few buckets, and after dinner, show my receipt and hit a few more. I will stretch my all mighty dollar and hopefully help improve my game. (Note the hopefully part...lol)

Golf is a humbling sport....I should know...I have three kids, and that can be frustrating! 

In SW Ohio we have some public courses which give you range balls on the house if you are playing a round. Unlimited to about 20 or so. These courses will weed out the lawn mower cut balls.

Most charge you about $10 for 70 balls or at a discounted price if you are playing a round. Varying degrees of good and bad balls.

Driving ranges in the area it is now $10 for a large bucket which is 70-75 balls.

Lastly, there are a couple of places that allow for unlimited use of the range for a set price. The Hamilton Country practice facility by Winton Woods is $17 and Stonelick is $25. Winton Woods does have mats though which are a lot cheaper.

I am sure I am missing something.

• Driver - Callaway Paradym X 10.5 - Project X HZRDS Gen 4 50
  • 3 Wood - Callaway Paradym X 16.5 - Project X HZDRS Gen 4 50
  • 5 Wood - Callaway Paradym X 18.5 - Project X HZDRS Gen 4 50
  • Irons (4 - P) - Srixon ZX7 - KBS Tour C-Taper Lite
  • Wedges - Srixon ZX7 51-08 KBS Tour C-Taper Lite; Titleist Vokey SM10 54-08 & 58-04 - KBS Tour C-Taper Lite
  • Putter - LAB DF3 Custom
  • Golf Ball - 2024 Titleist Pro V1X Left Dash

Many golf ranges in my area are not selling balls by the bucket anymore.  Instead they are charging a fee like $15 -$20 and you can hit as many balls as you want and sometimes they have a time limit on it which is not usually enforced.

20240201_090746.jpg.dc912835512d12e8eee414097c7382a0.jpgRetired and love golf

Our semi-private courses charge $3 for 30, $6 for 60, and $9 for 90. With our resident pre-buy range ball cards, we get an additional 25% off.  As part of men's league play, we get a free small bucket with green fees.  So pretty reasonable compared to some of the prices I'm seeing above.  

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)