Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Caley Golf Irons & Driving Iron - 2023 Forum Review

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Follow testers main posts in the following links!

@GolfSpy SAMTESTING POST

@ShlaxTESTING POST

@AndySPTESTING POST

@Vegan_Golfer_PNWTESTING POST

Testers Announced!

image.png

About Caley

At Caley, we're passionate about making high-quality golf clubs accessible to everyone. We believe that golf is a game that should be enjoyed by all, and that starts with having the right equipment.

We know that finding the perfect golf clubs can be a daunting process, which is why we aim to simplify it for you. We offer a carefully curated selection of affordable, high-quality golf clubs with premium components, such as shafts and grips, that are designed to help you play your best game.

Our minimalist design approach ensures that our golf clubs are sleek and stylish, while still providing the performance and functionality that you need on the course. We believe that form and function should go hand in hand, and that's why we've made it our mission to create golf clubs that look great and perform even better.

But our commitment to our customers goes beyond just providing great golf clubs. We pride ourselves on offering outstanding customer service, and we're always here to answer any questions you may have. We want you to feel confident in your purchase, and we're dedicated to making sure that you're completely satisfied with your new golf clubs.

So whether you're a seasoned golfer or just starting out, we're here to help you find the perfect golf clubs for your game

image.png

Please welcome and congratulate our testers!

@Vegan_Golfer_PNW is testing the Caley 01X Driving Iron

@AndySP is testing the Caley 01X Driving Iron

@GolfSpy SAM is testing the Caley 01t Irons

@Shlax is testing the Caley 01CB Irons

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Congrats to those picked for this test - love seeing less “known” brands literally throwing their clubs in the ring.  Would have loved to see how these compare to my old SLDR irons, but alas will have to live vicariously thru the reports of the testers….swing away folks, swing away!  

WITB? Ping G400 SFT w/Aldila Mamba shaft R flex; Ping G410 3w; Ping G400 3h(19), 4h(22), 5h(26); TaylorMade SLDR 5i (interchanges w/5h)-PW -stock graphite shafts Rflex; INDI FLX-S wedges (50, 54, 58) w/Recoil graphite shafts -Rflex and Odyssey AI-One 7T BD Milled (aka Millie), ball choice tends to be Pro-V1 or simliar 3pc urethane balls. 

Congrats to the testers! Let us see if they will perform as good as they look. Now the fun begins!

WITB:

D: :taylormade-small: QI-10 core 9* Ventus Blue TR Velocore 6x

3w: :taylormade-small: Brnr mini driver 13.5 S

3h: :ping-small: G430 19° Tour 2/Stiff

7W: :callaway-small: 21° Rogue ST Max LinQ 7X

5i-6i:  :srixon-small: ZX5 MKII Project X 6.0

7i-PW: :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII Project X 6.0

50°, 54° & 58°:   :ping-small: Glide Forged Pro

P:   :odyssey-small: White Hot Versa DW

Ball:  :bridgestone-small: Tour BX mindset

Bag:  Ghost MGS Anyday 14 way

"And so, we beat on, boats against the current, borne ceaselessly into the past." - Fitzgerald

” The woods are lovely, dark and deep,   

But I have promises to keep,   

And miles to go before I sleep,   

And miles to go before I sleep. - Frost

"That you are here—that life exists and identity,

That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse." - Whitman

Congrats all!

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

Looking forward to these reviews and excited for our own @GolfSpy SAM to get his chance at testing this season! He did an amazing job for LAB last year and has done a lot for the forum which is truly appreciated. 

Reviews are of course a lot of work, but this is a nice opportunity for him to get involved!

Congrats to our others with a couple newer members as well. Looking forward to getting to know all of you a little more and seeing how you find the clubs.

Finally big shout out to @Caley for reaching out to us and getting this member test on the books!

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Good luck gents. Interested to see how Caley irons perform compared to the more traditional brands. Great to have a moderator giving these a whirl!

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

Congrats to the testers!

WITB - well not a lot 

Bag - Mizuno

Driver - Nike SQ sumo 

Irons - 3 iron Taylormade rac 5-pw Ben Sayers M7 blue ice 

putter - Memphis 

Great intro @Shlax and congrats to the rest of the testers @Vegan_Golfer_PNW, @AndySP, @GolfSpy SAM, @Navart

I haven’t heard of Caley golf so it will be neat to see how these perform for you all!

WITB (link to detailed post here):

Driver:  Cobragolflogo.png.602fb363b272aeca0ae57ab591da02de.png LTDx 9* (ProjectX BlueSmoke Stiff)

Fairway metals:  TITLEIST_logo_15px.png.86858562876473681822bdce0336ecd4.png 3W TSR2 14.25* (ProjectX BlueSmoke Stiff) | PXG_Logo.png.e8b8454bf242754d2326ecb0a719cd30.png 5W Gen4 0341XF (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 75 S)

Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.e8b8454bf242754d2326ecb0a719cd30.png4H Gen4 0317XF (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 75HY S)

Irons:   Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png 659 CB 5-AW (Project X Rifle 6.0)

Wedges:   Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png 286 54* & 58* (KBS Tour 120 S)

Putter:  Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png AL-6 armlock | Unofficial review here

Ball:   Vice_logo.png.282566e7be35424dbb3a5d3359e6385f.png pro drip: red & blue | MAXFLI_logo_15px.png.137df4bf59bf3628d99abc6ca08fd43f.png Tour S

Pushcart:  clicgear_logo.png.5569d627daa35e79384784c8a4e886f4.png 4.0 | '23 MGS Clicgear 4.0 Pushcart Tester | Link here

Super excited to get back into testing mode, especially with this stunning set of irons.  @Shlax - your intro has set the bar impossibly high - incredible job!  Even if you are Canadian. (RIVALS GO!)

Really excited to see how these irons treat everyone, especially with @Caley being somewhat unheralded around these parts - those of us who've been watching James Robinson for a while have heard the name and have been itching to get these in-hand.  

Any questions, ask away - it's what we're here for!

Driver - PXG 0811 XF - Gen 5, 9 degrees (+1 setting), Oban Devotion TR 65 04
3/5 Wood - Cobra LTDx Max (Blue Colorway)
Utility - Caley X01 Driving Iron (3 = 18*)
Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T
Wedges (48, 52, 56, 60) - Indi Wedges FLX 48 / ATK 52, 56, 60
Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 - 65*
Ball - Chrome Tour Triple-Track

Congratulations all.  I’m very interested in DTC clubs and these look primo.  I will follow along as you test these babies.

:titleist-small: 917D2 driver

:callaway-small: 3 wood

:titleist-small: TS2 19 degree and 21 degree hybrids

:PXG:0211 5-GW irons

:ping-small: Glide 56 and 60 degree wedges

:odyssey-small: EXO7 putter :garsen: MAX grip

:titleist-small: Pro V1

Congrats guys, looking forward to reading the reviews.. I am very interesting to see how they perform and each person's experience with them.

Good luck!

MY WITB list

Bag: Adidas 7 way stand bag

Cart: :Clicgear: Model 3

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth 9°

FW: :wilson_staff_small: D9 Fairway 

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: Launcher

Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D9 4 - SW

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore  52deg, 60deg

Putter: :taylormade-small: Kia Ma Daytona

Ball:  :taylormade-small:Soft Response,  :srixon-small: AD333, :callaway-small: Supersoft

We have a lot of reviews going on, but I have to admit this is one that I am really interested in as the DI is something I could play and I enjoy seeing more brands get their name out there and how the product performs!

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Congratulations to the winners.

I am also keen to keep up with the reviews on the DI, as this is one club that has been in consideration for a while now. 

TaylorMade-Logo.jpg.b9feb76cbda93eda6798785f73105d8b.jpg Stealth Driver 10.5° with a Fujikura Ventus Blue Valocore 6 S

TaylorMade-Logo.jpg.b9feb76cbda93eda6798785f73105d8b.jpg Sim 3 Wood with a Fujikura Ventus Blue S

Titlest.jpg.9b87feac9cbdd26baaff21724eb4819f.jpg 5 Wood with a Kurokage 55g S

Titlest.jpg.9b87feac9cbdd26baaff21724eb4819f.jpg U505 3 Iron with a 80g Hazrdus RDX Smoke Shaft 

mizuno-logo.jpg.d4e2e572f4907c44f354f76a0869d597.jpg 223 Irons (5 to PW) with 115g NS Pro S 

Titlest.jpg.9b87feac9cbdd26baaff21724eb4819f.jpg SM9 50 Wedge 105g NS Pro 

Titlest.jpg.9b87feac9cbdd26baaff21724eb4819f.jpg SM9 54 Wedge 105g NS Pro

Titlest.jpg.9b87feac9cbdd26baaff21724eb4819f.jpg SM9 58 Wedge 105g NS Pro

TaylorMade-Logo.jpg.b9feb76cbda93eda6798785f73105d8b.jpg  Spider EX Ghost White Putter with 120g KBS Black 

I am pumped for this opportunity. I will try to get my intro up tomorrow. Just got back from 5 days in the woods and need to check on how my swing is going 🙂  thanks MGS mods

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

On 7/17/2023 at 4:50 PM, Navart said:

Intro

Navart here, reporting to y’all for the Caley 01 Iron set testing! I have only been a forum member for a handful of months and am also a very new golfer. I am most focused on equipment, practice discussions and the community building posts to help me familiarize myself to a new landscape and arm myself with the right information. A bit of background that may help orientate you to my skill and game: 

I am a clinical researcher and split my time between Minneapolis, MN and the Bitterroot Valley, MT. I will be 30 years old later this month and let me tell you, I have felt for a while like I should be turning 40…Right after the pandemic hit, I had a brutal run of knee and lower body soft tissue injuries related to years of avid running, hiking, and soccer with a mild leg length discrepancy. When I finally started getting back to normal function the winter of 2020 I was gifted a beginner set of cavity back clubs off the rack by my family in hopes that I would start spending some time with less strenuous hobbies. Along with cycling to stay fit, sure enough I got sucked into the world of golf. Like my fellow tester here, Shlax, I am lucky enough to have a partner who is very supportive of the time I have shifted into learning, practicing and playing the game. But, man, is this game challenging!

MTpic2.jpg.b2066866e4afe0a8624c1aeb4b63e63f.jpg

My Game

Having only begun playing the game in 2021, using a heel lift in one shoe, and going back and forth from home public courses in Montana (4000ft) to Minneapolis (400ft) it took me a while to start seeing the progress. I have always been very athletic with good flexibility and functional strength to get the ball really going on quality strikes but therein lies the issue; strike consistency with longer clubs has been challenging to improve without regular, significant set-backs. However, the last nine months of practice (3-4x/wk) and play (9 or 18 holes every weekend) have really paid off in building a routine, selecting the right club, and making solid contact more frequently with the others clubs in my bag.

My current handicap is 21 and misses are mostly low height, low spin shots with a lot of run, pulls, or hitting off the toe with woods and long irons. Putting, wedges and short-mid iron approach shots have been saving me from many triples and a few doubles every round by getting up and down from 150 and in. The lion share of my pars are on short to average par 3s and the occasional par 4 with a safe drive off the tee. I often prefer the Montana home course over Minnesota... many fewer trees and water!

Screenshot_20220326-2231282.png.fd4cbfde73ec3d75441053ae89f127c5.pngPXL_20211113_204115171.jpg.7c62ef2cec5a2739117c593f6db4989d.jpg

Caley Mission & 01 Irons

I had not heard of Caley before this testing opportunity so I have no biases or prior assumptions of the brand or product. I will say though that, after a little reading and research, my interest and engagement in testing the 01 irons was won over quickly in equal parts support of the brand’s mission, aesthetic, and potential performance gains:

• High-quality product that is accessible to everyone - as a new golfer I don’t need the most advanced technology or feel confident knowing enough about my performance needs to invest in $1200-$1500 iron sets. The customisable 01 set made with premium components that is affordable just makes sense and I appreciate the inclusivity.
  • Aesthetic - The minimalist design is clean and refined. A wise man by the name of Deion Sanders once said “If you look good, you feel good, and if you feel good, you play good.”
  • Performance - More on this below but the better technology and custom options offer a more likely than chance of improvement in most areas as compared to my gamer irons.

Testing Plan

My plan for testing the 01 irons is largely head-to-head against the affordable, entry level irons that I currently game across a couple different settings.

• Simulator/Launch Monitor Range - head-to-head comparison of each iron between sets using multiple quantifiable parameters in a controlled environment at the beginning and end of the testing period
  • On-Course Trials - Okay anyone that is triggered by less than ideal etiquette, please skip down to the next item…I intend to play at least two separate 9 or 18 hole rounds in which I play two balls from the same location and lie when appropriate for irons (par 3 or lay up tee shots, approach shots, etc.). This will give a sense of feel and real-world outcome disparities though. In the table below you’ll also see that I don’t currently have a 4i or 5i in my bag but this provides a nice opportunity to gather more evidence on my struggles with longer irons and the suitability of hybrids for my game.
  • Impressions & 3rd Party Feedback - I love to play with my friends and, along with my own assessments, will try to log their first impressions on the looks, quality, and price-point of the product.

You can see the spec differences on the websites for Caley 01 and Callaway Strata, but generally:

• Caley 01 irons are a hollow-body design with stronger lofts and flatter lie across the set (a 1 degree flat adjustment was requested). The shafts are KBS Tour Lite Stiff and standard length. Grip size is standard
  • Callaway Strata irons are a cavity back design with regular flex graphite shafts of unspecified type and standard length though ~0.5” shorter than the comparator. Grip size is standard.

Looking Forward

Short and sweet here to wrap it up - Ultimately, I expect overarching better performance from the Caley 01 irons as compared to what’s currently in my bag. I did do an iron fitting using comparable lofts and hollow-body heads for the purpose of selecting the optimal 01 specs so the acclimation period should be short and mitigated.

To secure a spot in my bag beyond the testing period, improved strike consistency and confidence in feel and tempo should be enough even if carry distance is not significantly improve. The stronger lofts will be interesting to see whether I have any issue holding greens, but my guess is that they aren’t overly strong and I will actually gain more height and spin to hold better.

Intro is up!!! Getting really excited for this test

WITB - :taylormade-small:Dr: Taylor Made SIM2 Tensei AV blue; :callaway-logo-1:3W, 4H, 5H: Callaway Strata Ultimate; 6-9i: Callaway Strata Ultimate; PW: Callaway JAWS MD5 46deg W grind, 12deg bounce; AW: Callaway JAWS MD5 52 deg W grind, 12deg bounce; SW: Callaway JAWS MD5 56 deg S grind, 12deg bounce; LW: Callaway JAWS MD5 60deg W grind, 12 deg bounce; Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 1 blade :odyssey-small:Ball: Callaway Chrome Soft X

Intro up for me too

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

My Reviews:

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

• GolfSpy_APH changed the title to 2023 MGS Forum Review: Caley Golf Irons & Driving Iron

I think I might be last, but intro is up, kids! 

And now, for the FUN part!!

giphy.gif giphy.gifgiphy.gif

Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T

On 7/17/2023 at 5:50 PM, Shlax said:

INTRODUCTION

Greetings fellow Spies,

I’m Shlax and I’ve been a regular on the Forum since last April. I’m mainly involved in the various threads about recent performances and individual achievements (MGS Virtual Tour, How’d You Play, How’d You Practice, etc.) and anything about drills, swing thoughts or other threads related to the continuous journey toward improvement of our game. I read almost all official and unofficial reviews about golf gear and I especially focus on those concerning clubs. Consequently, I must admit that I am absolutely ecstatic at this opportunity to review what appears to be a very nice set of irons in the Caley 01CB. We’ll see how they perform soon enough.

Who am I?

I am a 31 years old geotechnical engineer from Montreal, Canada. Since the COVID-19 pandemic, I have a second full-time job which is basically geeking out on golf gear and being consumed over every little aspect of the swing and its mechanics. Golf now occupies a worryingly important place in my life and I am grateful that I can almost fully dedicate my free time to this addiction despite the dismay of my girlfriend who is however very understanding of my obsession and recognizes how much I love this game (a very special thanks to her who will continuously here me rambling about every aspects of the irons over the next few weeks of this member test).

I started golfing in my early teenage years but never really committed to practicing or improving to an extent where I would care about low scores. Back then, I played about 6-7 times per year at the very most and broke 100 maybe once or twice a year. My game was all about distance and I could not care less about the short game or putting. Being from Canada, hockey was my main sport growing up. As a result, I always had plenty of power in my golf swing but did lack much needed accuracy, consistency and course management abilities. Even today, I would describe my swing as including some remnants of my slap shot days, for better or for worse!

29268_417283037572_6422393_n.jpg.f58f5a5c276c5b6eb28f621ee7246755.jpg

Slapshot.jpg.18ec02cda8f2b73ef2ad6edfc4d45dbf.jpg

What about my game?

I completely stopped playing golf during my college years and did not know if I would ever pick the game back up. Fortunately, I started playing again when I graduated but still wasn’t playing more than a handful of rounds per year. When the COVID-19 pandemic hit, I seriously got back into the game and began investing time and energy in my performance for the first time really.

Today, my official handicap index is 9.1 and I play roughly 40 rounds per year. I am not a member at any club and I like to alternate courses despite playing close to half of these rounds at my local course. Typically, I play courses between 6200 and 6600 yds and like to give a go at courses around 6900-7000 yds on occasions. I have the distance to play these lengths but since last year, I mightily struggle with driver. This all started when I decided that I wanted to play a draw off the tee instead of my usual and very reliable cut. Of course, golf being golf, I now slice and drive the ball shorter than I have ever before. My average driving distance has fallen to only 4 yds longer than the average distance that I hit my 3W irrespectively of the lie, yikes.

Off the tee being the weakness of my game, iron play is definitely my strength. I have a fairly steep swing and play a very reliable cut that I love although I can sling my irons right to left when the situation is dire. I consider my short game and putting as somewhat average in comparison to players of similar handicap. I also often play a nice 9-hole par 3 course near my place. I play this course a little less than 25 times per year and this aspect probably is a good contributor as to why approach game is my strength.

Trolley.jpg.424e502d3c8f25d373f9beb683af2e3d.jpg

Drive.jpg.7a605aaa2a0d577a85e8ba9537f832df.jpg

My scoring average in my last 20 rounds confirms that I have much more success on par 3s than on other holes. This is not a surprise as it takes driver out of my hands. I can also vouch that my scoring average on par 4s where I tee off with 3W or driving iron instead of driver is also much better than when I pull driver out! I now average more pars than bogeys per round which is an objective that I had at the beginning of this season. Here's what a decent typical round looks like:

• Between 3 and 5 fairway hits;
  • Between 9 and 11 greens in regulations;
  • Anywhere between 32 and 36 putts;
  • I averaged 3.5 penalty strokes per round in my last 20 rounds and I can safely say that at least 90% of these penalties are incurred off the tee with driver exclusively.

Parperformance_2023-07-17.png.c0dd61a49ab05449138e7a8826c33061.png

Scoring_2023-07-17.png.d3fbb531e478b03ea7d3ffdccc357b7f.png

Testing planification

Full disclosure, I had never heard of Caley prior to signing up for the member test so I did not have any preconceived idea about their product. Like for other DTC brands, I initially thought that their irons were nice and that the price point was aggressive, but I don’t know if I would ever have had the guts to order a set without trying them out first. This is where I hope that this review will be useful to many future readers!

Comp.png.b9848d3140077cfbcb1d4fe648f2bf70.png

In all good experimental program, a baseline is required. In this case, the baseline will be my current Srixon Z785 gamers. I absolutely love these irons and I consider that they are still top of the line irons even today. The Caley 01CB are of very similar design so the comparison is relevant. Per their respective technical specifications, they are indeed almost identical in terms of blade dimensions. Moreover, both sets have the same standard length, lie and loft for each club. One difference is that the offset on the Caley 01CB is slightly less. I am eager to see them for myself as the Srixon Z785 are most definitely players iron and can be intimidating to a lot of people at address. This aspect would make the Caley 01CB really aesthetically appealing, in my opinion, to players who like more compact blade-type irons.

Stats.png.b36d1f5f1c5497015aaf2675032cfff5.png

Of course, I plan on playing as many rounds as I can with the Caley 01CB during the testing period. The objective is to see the impact on my scoring average and par performance and well as identifying any noticeable changes in my typical ball flight (e.g., shot shaping ability, carry distance, peak height, spin, stopping power, etc.). I will also take special care to try to communicate as faithfully as possible the feel of these clubs as this aspect is of utmost importance when it comes to forged irons. Finally, I plan on renting a Trackman for an hour or two in order to obtain concrete and precise data comparing both sets and verify my observations.

Conclusion

I think that if the Caley 01CB’s performance is even remotely close that of my Srixon Z785 gamers, I will consider these irons as serious disruptors in the industry given their price point. Iron play being the main protagonist of my game, any changes in performance in this area will most likely be exacerbated and visible during testing. I think that my game truly is an opportunity for the Caley 01CB to rise and shine, hopefully. The parameters that I will be looking for are:

1. Carry distance: I expect somewhat similar carry distances. Certainly not less;
  2. Ball flight: Ideally, I would like the peak height to go down from my current typical ball flight. Otherwise, it should at least not be higher;
  3. Spin: I am a high spin player. Spin does cost me distance but my stopping power on the greens is much appreciated. A slight reduction in spin would be okay although not expected;
  4. Feel: This is where the subjective aspect comes in. I like a solid strike to feel like an effortless slash through the grass, if it makes sense. I also like a more muted thud with some crisp to it rather than a clicky rebounding sound. There is nothing more satisfying than a pure strike with a forged iron and feel and sound are important components when it comes to enjoying your equipment.

If you have some interest in irons in general or are thinking about eventually buying a set of Caley 01CB, please make sure to follow the current testing thread as interesting updates will come weekly!

Went to the range tonight and hit two large buckets: Swing was absolutely DIALED! Can’t wait to receive these clubs and see what they are all about! Stay tuned folks.

D: Capturedcran2023-10-05105502.png.0ebce72d60b9ee4e1161e241fbbd9429.png Rogue ST Max LS 9° / Capturedcran2023-10-05105502.png.d0d357367dfa8603e4c4c28d6264026b.png Rogue White 130 MSI 70X

3W: Capturedcran2023-10-05105502.png.4a59074c9744cc7e092f2c36e18ab3de.png Sim Max 15° / Capturedcran2023-10-05105502.png.6803317b2b3571b718d8c629a4de5c56.png Ventus Blue FW 6S

3H: Capturedcran2023-10-05105502.png.6cb9c9932faadee028fda9a351832472.png TSi3 20° / True Temper Capturedcran2023-10-05105502.png.9a635b7848f15fd4613c0dfb4aad00e0.png Smoke Black RDX 6.0 80HYB

4i-PW: image.png.54cd730cdbf83f1301bb01ca97353cf9.png 01CB / Capturedcran2023-10-05111734.png.2d7f7e831dcd320c5c5d06d9d07a8556.png Tour 130X 2023 tester

52°-56°-60°: Capturedcran2023-10-05105502.png.4a59074c9744cc7e092f2c36e18ab3de.png Milled Grind 2 / True Temper Capturedcran2023-10-05111734.png.76d14504ff83a37b897afbd6c4a1f0e0.png S200

PCapturedcran2023-10-05105502.png.cf5a492ebe80529a929e3f89cb5060c7.png DFX 2-ball

Ball: Capturedcran2023-10-05105502.png.9ff2829469d46ce26b695253efbcd6a1.png Q-Star Tour & Z-Star and Capturedcran2023-10-05105502.png.4a59074c9744cc7e092f2c36e18ab3de.png TP5 & TP5x

Grips: D-3W: image.png.ec39cb9c1e60dc5987a37598700b82cc.png Z-Grip Cord / 3H-PW: Capturedcran2023-10-05105502.png.d618cbfa3b9983eb4bb68d740c266b8a.png Crossline 360 / Wedges: Capturedcran2023-10-05105502.png.d618cbfa3b9983eb4bb68d740c266b8a.png Genesis Crossline Cord

Bag: image.png.45e8d8c11fdf4042fc63eb6c5195276e.png Anyday Ronin 14 2024 tester

Stat tracking: image.png.d3672a19dde52cc71c030458c62e5421.png X5

On 7/24/2023 at 8:56 PM, Shlax said:

Went to the range tonight and hit two large buckets: Swing was absolutely DIALED! Can’t wait to receive these clubs and see what they are all about! Stay tuned folks.

Two large buckets... hit that ice bath, @Shlax! 🤣

I will be out of the country for a little over a week here folks but plan to add a couple photos when I can! I have a feeling the modern minimalist aesthetic of these clubs is gonna have me missing the trip but so pumped to break them in when they get delivered! 

WITB - :taylormade-small:Dr: Taylor Made SIM2 Tensei AV blue; :callaway-logo-1:3W, 4H, 5H: Callaway Strata Ultimate; 6-9i: Callaway Strata Ultimate; PW: Callaway JAWS MD5 46deg W grind, 12deg bounce; AW: Callaway JAWS MD5 52 deg W grind, 12deg bounce; SW: Callaway JAWS MD5 56 deg S grind, 12deg bounce; LW: Callaway JAWS MD5 60deg W grind, 12 deg bounce; Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 1 blade :odyssey-small:Ball: Callaway Chrome Soft X

@Vegan_Golfer_PNW @AndySP What are your thoughts on the price and the lack of customization compared to other driving irons/hybrids on the market.  Would you want to see more options or do you think the standard recoil shaft is a great fit?

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST Max
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM
3 Utility Iron: Srixon U85
4i – 5i: Taylormade P790
6i – AW: Taylormade P770
SW: Taylormade MG3 TW Grind
LW: Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Low Bounce
Putter: PXG Battle Ready One & Done

9 minutes ago, goaliewales14 said:

@Vegan_Golfer_PNW @AndySP What are your thoughts on the price and the lack of customization compared to other driving irons/hybrids on the market.  Would you want to see more options or do you think the standard recoil shaft is a great fit?

Good question. Tbd obviously until it comes in. For the price I would expect more customization like other DTCs offer

My Reviews:

11 hours ago, goaliewales14 said:

I agree with @Vegan_Golfer_PNW that is a little hard to say before it’s here, but I wished that it would have more options for the price. Some extra choices to compete with sub70, New Level and others would make a big difference for people who are more plugged in to their wants/needs.

Personally, I would have considered an x-flex option if they offered it, though I’m not that sensitive to flex.

:ping-small: g430 lst

:titleist-small: TS2 20* hybrid, New Level PF-2: P-7; 902: 6-5

:taylormade-small: hi-toe 51* and 57*

:mizuno-small: M Craft IV

12 hours ago, goaliewales14 said:

I also will add, the utility was cheaper. Then the mgs results and test announcement came and the price jumped up to $261. No idea if this is a supply demand deal or trying to take advantage of the increased presence from testing and most wanted. 

My Reviews:

• 2 weeks later...

Received a shipping notice - looks like it's due to arrive from China sometime around 8/14 - so... Only about a week to go!!! 

Really, really looking forward to getting these in and putting them through their paces. 

Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T