Testers Wanted: Newton Driver Shafts ×

TaylorMade Qi10 Drivers - 2024 Forum Member Review

Message added by MGS-Forum-Mod,

Follow the testers main post via the links below!

TaylorMade Qi10 LS
@Jmikecpa - Main Testing Post
@GolfSpy_BEN - Main Testing Post

TaylorMade Qi10 Standard
 @IndyBonzo - Main Testing Post
@EMacK1961 - Main Testing Post

TaylorMade Qi10 Max 10K
@Hook DeLoft - Main Testing Post
@Michael.Sandoval33 - Main Testing Post

On 3/31/2024 at 7:15 PM, chisag said:

... Hard to argue with that description. 🗡️ 🛡️ Only driver to come close to that kind of improvement is the OG Fly Z with a heavier weight ion the rear. At that time forward weighting was the trend, but for many they didn't produce enough spin or a high enough trajectory. Coba bucked the trend with the Fly Z and after struggling to hit fairways consistently for several years the added spin and height was a game changer. 

... But the Qi10 is a whole nuther level. Crazy the Qi10 Max performed so poorly for me while the standard Qi10 has become my Holy Grail. So if anyone asks if I want to demo any new drivers I can say with a French accent: "I already got one" 

The Cobra Fly Z+ was my favorite driver. I was devastated when the face cracked on mine a few years ago. Loved when they were in the “we’re gonna make this in every color possible” phase

Driver: PXG Black Ops, Ventus Blue 6X 

Fairways: PXG 0311 XF Gen 5 3 and 5 wood, Project X Riptide CB 6.0

Hybrid: PXG 0311 XF Gen 5 22 degree, Project X Riptide 6.0

Irons: PXG 0311P Gen 5 5-PW, Project X LS 6.5

Wedges: PXG SG2 50, 56(55), Modus 125 Wedge; PXG SG 2 60, KBS 130 Wedge  

Putter: TaylorMade Spider GT Red SB

Ball: Maxfli Tour S

MGS Star Grip Review: https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63328-star-grips-2024-forum-review/

Since my Qi10 arrived, I've played an average of 3 rounds a week, not including range sessions with just the driver and the face looks like it did when it came out of the box. Now the crown has a couple of ball scuffs on it where I popped it up from teeing it up too high, but that's it. The club has taken my use very well.

"It's only rock and roll...but I like it." - Mick Jagger

"It is not the will to win that matters-Everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters." - Paul "Bear" Bryant

"If anything is worth doing, it is worth doing with all your heart." - the Buddha

What's in the bag:

Driver Taylormade Qi10 Standard, 3W Callaway RazrFit Extreme, 5W - Cobra Fly Z XL, Wilson D9 4 hybrid, Heat II Single Length Irons 5-SW, Snake Eyes 60' LW

What's on my feet: Squarz/Under Armour Charged Draw 2

Bag Boy Quad XL Push Cart w/Bag Boy CB15 bag

Where I play:  Baja Country Club - Ensenada, Baja Califorinia, Mexico/Bajamar Oceanfront Golf Resort, Ensenada, Baja California, Mexico

One question we were asked is, Did we use any of the adjustments available on our Qi10? The Qi10 Standard adjust only for loft using the screw at the bottom of the head to adjust the hosel setting. Yes, I have adjusted my Qi10. I used the hosel adjustment to lower the loft. That gave me a more penetrating ball flight into the winds we get around here. I also tried the hosel adjustment to make the Qi10 loft higher. I found that adjustment made the ball kind of balloon a bit so I adjusted it back. Now I have my Qi10 set to the lower loft setting which works much better.

IMG_0759.JPG

"It's only rock and roll...but I like it." - Mick Jagger

"It is not the will to win that matters-Everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters." - Paul "Bear" Bryant

"If anything is worth doing, it is worth doing with all your heart." - the Buddha

What's in the bag:

Driver Taylormade Qi10 Standard, 3W Callaway RazrFit Extreme, 5W - Cobra Fly Z XL, Wilson D9 4 hybrid, Heat II Single Length Irons 5-SW, Snake Eyes 60' LW

What's on my feet: Squarz/Under Armour Charged Draw 2

Bag Boy Quad XL Push Cart w/Bag Boy CB15 bag

Where I play:  Baja Country Club - Ensenada, Baja Califorinia, Mexico/Bajamar Oceanfront Golf Resort, Ensenada, Baja California, Mexico

1 hour ago, IndyBonzo said:

I hit the Qi10 in my lesson last night, which focused on additional swing simplification and solidifying my lower body to keep everything in sync.

The Qi10 hit some straight and baby draw bombs.  It is making a late review surge, to be sure.  I have it set at its lowest loft setting in order to keep spin down, which also opens the face by 4 degrees (and exacerbates my typical miss right).  If I can continue to keep ball path under control with the open face, the Qi10 is a contender for the bag.

More testing is planned.  I really want to do the Stealth 2 vs. Qi10 comparison outdoors, but the weather has disappointed thus far. I will get it done one way or another!

I kept my Stealth 2 after putting the identical Q10 DEMOS in my bag through the course of two weeks ( the owner of the course allowed me to do so )

I didn’t really see any reason to change based on the fact that I didn’t really feel and see anything in the performance or the quality of a strike . What I did like better with my Stealth was the sound and the way my club looks at address . 

Edited by THE GOLF GUY

Taylormade  Stealth 2  10.5*   Fujikura Ventus 5 S (tipped an inch)  @ upright @9.75*

Taylormade Stealth 2    HL 16.5* 3 wood Fujikura Ventus     6 S 

Taylormade Stealth 2   7 wood   Fujikura Ventus   7 S

Taylormade P7MC  5-PW  Aerotech Steelfiber  I 95 gm  R 

Tileist SM09 54 & 60* wedges

Ping Anser    

Bridgestone BXS         

On 3/29/2024 at 8:15 AM, GolfSpy_BEN said:

With a notification that the replacement head will be delivered today and temps reaching the upper 60’s, I will be heading to the range. Also of note, this arrived earlier in the week:IMG_2777.jpeg

IMG_2779.jpeg

I went with same grip setup as the stock shaft. A golf pride z grip standard with three wraps under the left hand, one wrap under the right

IMG_2778.jpeg

It is my earnest hope, that the replacement head and this shaft will help me fall in love with this driver. Because it has been a bumpy road, to this point. Stay tuned…

I so far have loved the feel of the TR Blue 6X in my TSi3. Looking forward to what you find with it!

Driver: :titleist-small: GT3 9|Tour AD-UB 6S (testing in progress)

Fairways: :titleist-small: GT2 15 & 18|Tour AD-UB 7S (testing in progress) |:cobra-small: Aerojet Max 7|Kai'Li White 70X

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H|MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW|KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :titleist-small: Vokey SM10 52.12F|56.12D|True Temper Vokey Wedge Flex

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour & :titleist-small: ProV1

#LeftyGang

Titleist GT Long Game Test (Link Here)

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

12 minutes ago, Jeff in the Mitten said:

Whelp!  I made the switch to Qi10!  I was honestly pretty happy with my Stealth Plus, however these Qi10 drivers just have another gear in speed off the face.  I gained almost 10 yards with pretty much identical CHS...so whatever TM figured out with this line got it right!

HOWEVER...I wasn't in love with the "infinity crown" look and always loved the "framing" that the Stealth gave me at address.  Plus, I wasn't loving the bright TM logo on the Qi10 LS that I was gaming.  

So here's one for the community...what do you think of the custom leading edge I added to my Qi10 LS???  I know some will hate it, and that's fine since I'm the one playing it.  I'm just curious what others think about the overall look.  Should the "players" version of drivers and fairways would come with a top logo or clean and simple?  That goes for ALL brands?  I love the clean "blank" look, but what do you think???

IMG_9447.jpg.b588effdd61fdcbfaefcd6ac4cabc239.jpgIMG_9448.jpg.2fb455c9223aa6ef5dda62012f5d1dd2.jpg

It's kind of fascinating just how much it actually changes the look.  I'm not sure I have a preference, but can you share how you did it? It's VERY cleanly done, however you did it.  Nice work.

Driver - Callaway Ai Smoke Max - 9* - Draw setting; Maltby UL (Otto Phlex)
5/7 Wood - Takomo Ignis
Utility - Caley X01 Driving Iron (3 = 18*) (currently benched)
Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T
Wedges (48, 52, 56, 60) - Indi Wedges FLX 48 / ATK 52, 56, 60
Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 - 65*/DF3 65*
Ball - Chrome Tour Triple-Track

33 minutes ago, Jeff in the Mitten said:

Whelp!  I made the switch to Qi10!  I was honestly pretty happy with my Stealth Plus, however these Qi10 drivers just have another gear in speed off the face.  I gained almost 10 yards with pretty much identical CHS...so whatever TM figured out with this line got it right!

HOWEVER...I wasn't in love with the "infinity crown" look and always loved the "framing" that the Stealth gave me at address.  Plus, I wasn't loving the bright TM logo on the Qi10 LS that I was gaming.  

So here's one for the community...what do you think of the custom leading edge I added to my Qi10 LS???  I know some will hate it, and that's fine since I'm the one playing it.  I'm just curious what others think about the overall look.  Should the "players" version of drivers and fairways would come with a top logo or clean and simple?  That goes for ALL brands?  I love the clean "blank" look, but what do you think???

IMG_9447.jpg.b588effdd61fdcbfaefcd6ac4cabc239.jpgIMG_9448.jpg.2fb455c9223aa6ef5dda62012f5d1dd2.jpg

It's definitely clean. For me, it doesn't really change much on my opinion of the Qi10's looks though. I have found the driver very aesthetically pleasing since I pulled it out of the box.

WITB

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Qi10 Max 10.5°

Hybrid: 🐏 FX Max 25°, :titleist-small: Tsi2 21°

4i-9i: 🐏 FX Max 10

Wedges: :vokey-small: SM10 - 50° 12f, 54° 14f, 58° 14k

Putter:  :mizuno-small: M.Craft Type VI

Ball: :vice: Pro Air

Bag: Ghost Golf Maverick 14-Way 

Glove: Nexgen Nano-X Pro Tour+

1 hour ago, Jeff in the Mitten said:

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

... I have said many times I would not like to be an OEM trying to figure out how my new club should look. Pretty amazing that so many modern drivers have coloration, patterns and other eye catching features and as an old school player, I LOVE the clean look of the Qi10. To my eye one of the best looking drivers ever made. Clearly you do not feel the same and added the edge that would be a distraction for me. But I can certainly see the similarity to the Stealth2 and it looks like it came right from the OEM. Not my cup of tee, but really nice job!  

Edited by chisag

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:   :taylormade-small:   Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'Li Blue 70r
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        G430 Hybrid 22*... Alta Hy70r 
Irons:       :taylormade-small:    P770 5-pw ... Steelfiber i80r
                  :taylormade-small:    TP UDi 4 ... Steelfiber i80r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small:     MG3 46*/50*/54* MG4 58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :EVNROLL:     Custom 5.1 (no alignment)  33" 
Ball:          :taylormade-small:     '24 TP5x/Maxfli Tour X 

50 minutes ago, GolfSpy SAM said:

It's kind of fascinating just how much it actually changes the look.  I'm not sure I have a preference, but can you share how you did it? It's VERY cleanly done, however you did it.  Nice work.

I should have taken a before and after...that was a miss on my part. 

It was actually as basic as it gets.  I did painters tape to mask off the rest of the club not being touched and just did a few coats of your everyday matte black spray paint.  The key for me was to be calculated on the leading edge of the tape, so much so that I measured the exact distance (15mm) from the edge of the tape to the very edge of the gloss crown edge at the face to make sure the line was very "uniform" to the shape of the leading edge at the end.  Thanks for the kudos!

I know this isn't the ultra durable option, but it'll work great for my needs and I've done it to an old SLDR so I know it holds up over time.  Plus, if I ever really need to remove it, a small dab of acetone or paint thinner and I can get it back to normal pretty quick.  

I agree though, it really changes it at address IMO.  

Jeff D.

WITB:

Stealth Plus 10.5 w/ X-Stiff Evenflow Riptide MX 70 TX

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 3-wood w/ Steelfiber 85g X-Stiff (F5)

Taylormade P770 (2021) w/ Dynamic Gold 120 x100

Vokey SM7 wedges 54 and 58

Scotty Cameron Phantom 5s

With final reviews around the corner what are some closer to closing thoughts?

Has TaylorMade made a large improvement with these? 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

1 hour ago, Jeff in the Mitten said:

That's clean looking!  Well done.

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

22 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I’m reserving judgement until I can play a round with the driver (hopefully this weekend), but I’ve been mostly pleased with the results thus far. I believe the QI-10 is an upgrade over the stealth lines, as I never liked the look of them or how they performed in the times when I swung them.

WITB:

D: :ping-small: G430 Max 10k 10.5° turned up 1°  w/ GD Tour AD-UB 6s

3w::ping-small: 14.5° G425 Max Newton 6 dot

3h: :ping-small: G430 18° Tour 2.0/Stiff

7W: :callaway-small: 21° Rogue ST Max LinQ 7X

4i:mizuno-small: Pro 225 with Project X io 6.0

5i-PW:  :ping-small: Blueprint S with DG S300

50,54° & 58°: :vokey-small: SM-10

P:   :L.A.B.: Link.1

Ball:  :vice: Pro Plus Drip

Bag:  Ghost MGS Anyday 14 way

"And so, we beat on, boats against the current, borne ceaselessly into the past." - Fitzgerald

” The woods are lovely, dark and deep,   

But I have promises to keep,   

And miles to go before I sleep,   

And miles to go before I sleep. - Frost

"That you are here—that life exists and identity,

That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse." - Whitman

@EMacK1961 and @IndyBonzo for the stranded version what do you find the spin profile to be? It seems to be maybe the lost model with the others getting a bit more hype.

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

2 hours ago, Jeff in the Mitten said:

Agree that it is quite nicely done and for someone who likes a contrasting crown I can see the appeal! Honestly reminds me a lot of what Callaway has done with the crown of the OG Paradym and Ai Smoke TD. No alignment aid an matte near the face.

Driver: :titleist-small: GT3 9|Tour AD-UB 6S (testing in progress)

Fairways: :titleist-small: GT2 15 & 18|Tour AD-UB 7S (testing in progress) |:cobra-small: Aerojet Max 7|Kai'Li White 70X

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H|MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW|KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :titleist-small: Vokey SM10 52.12F|56.12D|True Temper Vokey Wedge Flex

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour & :titleist-small: ProV1

#LeftyGang

Titleist GT Long Game Test (Link Here)

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

32 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

@EMacK1961 and @IndyBonzo for the stranded version what do you find the spin profile to be? It seems to be maybe the lost model with the others getting a bit more hype.

I'll let the guys comment on what they've seen, but from my fitting and after 2 rounds with the Qi-10 standard the spin profile tends to be just a tad higher than the LS (about 200rpm more). For me, the standard ranges from 2400-2800rpm on my good hits and up to 3500 when I mishit it but that's much improved from my LTDx which would spin up to 4200 on mishits. 

I like it better than the max which I struggled to get the spin down especially as I tend to be too step on angle of attack. It's interesting how Taylormade seems to have lost the demographic a little with the standard. I think the 3-10 handicap weekend grinder would benefit with the standard over the LS most of the time because of the extra forgiveness, but not have to worry about distance lost on the good ones because of the spin profile. 

:taylormade-small: Qi10, Kai'ali White 6-X

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 14, Motore X F1 60 Stiff

:taylormade-small: Sim2 3 Hybrid and 4 Hybrid

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro, 5-PW, Nippon Modus 105

:taylormade-small: MG3 50, 54, 58, SB - Black

:bettinardi-small: Queen B #6

Vice Golf Pro Plus

Currently Testing: T Squared TS-912 Putter 

2 hours ago, Jeff in the Mitten said:

You have the opportunity to add a custom alignment marker there. That was probably a part of the reason for doing that. But I would miss having a mark of any kind. I'm sure I don't need it, but I would miss it.

Driver: ping.png.006bacb76d65413e66b9c8eb1b47f592.png G400 LST 8.5°

3W: cobra2.png.60653951979ca617ca859530a17d0a2d.png King Speedzone

Irons: ping.png.006bacb76d65413e66b9c8eb1b47f592.png i200 (3 thru PW & UW)

Wedge: Ray Cook 60 deg

Putter: Spalding TP Mills 3

Tech: golfshot.png.5c17c64b9425413b3bf24668ce3fa044.png on Apple Watch & phone

3 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I haven't played a TM driver since the Sim 2 Max, but the forgiveness is definitely greater with the Qi 10 Max.  I would say distance on center strikes is similar but distance on off center strikes is amazing with the new model.

14 of the following:

Taylormade Qi10 Max

Callaway 2023 Big Bertha 3 wood set to 17 degrees

Cobra F9 Speedback 7/8 wood set at 23.5 degrees

Callaway Epic Max 11 wood

Titleist TSR1 hybrid 26 degrees

Ping Eye 2 BeCu 2-SW

Ping G430 irons 6-50 degree

Sub 70 286 wedges 52 and 56 degrees

Hogan sand wedge 56 degree bent to 53

Ping Glide 3.0 Eye2 58 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 60 degree

Evnroll ER2

Ping Sigma 2 Anser

Cheap Top Flite mallet putter from Dick's, currently holding down first place in the bag

TaylorMade Mini Spider

Bridgestone XS

8 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I still have a couple of tee times upcoming but I can say that when my swing is right, the Max is a gem. It is only when the face opens do I produce a fade, but it has not lead me out of play one time thus far and I don't expect it to before my final review is in. 

WITB

1 minute ago, Michael.Sandoval33 said:

I still have a couple of tee times upcoming but I can say that when my swing is right, the Max is a gem. It is only when the face opens do I produce a fade, but it has not lead me out of play one time thus far and I don't expect it to before my final review is in. 

Meant to ask how your handicap has changed during testing?

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

5 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Meant to ask how your handicap has changed during testing?

I don't believe it is much of a surprise that it has gotten lower by a good number due to shaving off at least a stroke on each outing since testing has begun. It will definitely be included in the final review and I am excited to share the progress I have seen.

WITB

15 hours ago, Jeff in the Mitten said:

Whelp!  I made the switch to Qi10!  I was honestly pretty happy with my Stealth Plus, however these Qi10 drivers just have another gear in speed off the face.  I gained almost 10 yards with pretty much identical CHS...so the TM team figured something out with this lineup over the predecessors under the Stealth name. 

So here's one for the community...what do you think of the custom leading edge I added to my Qi10 LS???  I know some will hate it, and that's fine since I'm the one playing it.  I'm just curious what others think about the overall look.  Should the "players" version of drivers and fairway woods come with a top logo or clean and simple?  That goes for ALL brands?  I love the clean "blank" look, but what do you think???

Great job on this - I can def understand why the need for modification and hope it works out well for you!

Driver: image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Paradym with Ventus TR Blue 60 Stiff

Fairways:  image.png.c4f821ba6925e5e146c31600685bf103.png Aerojet Max 3W & 7W with Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 70 Stiff

Hybrid:  image.png.c21137d282a252fb544e47aceb520176.png King TEC 5H with KBS PGI 95 Stiff

Irons:  image.png.6621a18e06b1717c1f774c4a561fd7d8.png Forged TEC 5-PW with KBS Tour Lite Stiff

Wedges:  images (1).pngHaywood Signature Raw Wedges (50 / 54 / 58)

Putter:   download.png.d49e715a77153bd649b58a0d4e33fab5.pngL.A.B. DF3 (aka "Chewie")

Ball: 2023 Maxfli Tour

Reviews: 

L.A.B. DF3

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Testing

Callaway Paradym

Titleist White Box Testing (2023)

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

17 hours ago, Jeff in the Mitten said:

Whelp!  I made the switch to Qi10!  I was honestly pretty happy with my Stealth Plus, however these Qi10 drivers just have another gear in speed off the face.  I gained almost 10 yards with pretty much identical CHS...so the TM team figured something out with this lineup over the predecessors under the Stealth name. 

So here's one for the community...what do you think of the custom leading edge I added to my Qi10 LS???  I know some will hate it, and that's fine since I'm the one playing it.  I'm just curious what others think about the overall look.  Should the "players" version of drivers and fairway woods come with a top logo or clean and simple?  That goes for ALL brands?  I love the clean "blank" look, but what do you think???

Love the way this turned out! I'll always be a fan of that style of crown.

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---