Testers Wanted: Sun Mountain Stand Bag and Travel Bag ×

Maxvert 1 Driver

I decided to pull the trigger and order a Maxvert 1 Driver. I received the driver on Monday April 22, 2024.

I am 66 years old, swing speed around 70 MPH. The Driver was ordered with a senior shaft.

I live on a golf course and have tested it on the range, off the tee next to my house as well as on my SC4 VoiceCaddy simulator. I tested it side-by-side each time with my Callaway Maverik Driver. The distances are almost identical. I have about the same # of good hits and miss-hits for each club. I tend to block the Maxvert more to the right whereas I can get consistent draws with my Callaway.

Where I seem to be having trouble is shaping my shots. I find it easier to hit a draw or a fade on demand with my original driver. When I try to hit a draw with the Maxvert I either hook it, hit it straight or block it to the right.  The Maxvert does require a different, more upright swing, similar to my 3 wood. I thought that I would be able to hit the center face more frequently with the shorter shaft of the Maxvert, but contact tape indicates approximately the same number of center-of-face contact and similar heel/toe hits with both clubs.

Part of the problem maybe I need to hit the Maxvert 1 driver exclusively for a week or two to get the swing mechanics down and develop a feel for swinging the club. It doesn't "feel" familiar. Switching back and forth between the two clubs my be throwing my rhythm off. I plan on continuing the comparison and will post an update in a few weeks. 

IMHO - a golfer should *not* adjust their swing to "make a club work".

From your description it sounds like the Mavrik is working at least as well .. or even better .. than this, let's call it, specialty club. 

My opinion? Pass it on to a friend to try....

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

There could be multiple reasons for the new club to not work as well as your current gamer. I would check the shaft length and overall swing weight as well. Also worth checking into how the weighting is configured as well. Is it weighted more toward the toe or heel? All these are significant factors in performance. 

Driver:  cobralogo.png.60692cdc05482efd83e68664e010b95f.png Aerojet LS, Ventus Blue Shaft - 6S
4 Wood:  callaway.png.e65d398fb0327017a369499fc6126064.png Rogue ST Max 16.5, Tensei White Shaft - 7S
Utility Iron: mizunopro.png.90cc4fb9895830e28063d9a5be416145.png Fli Hi 3-iron, HAZARDOUS Smoke Black Shaft - S
Irons:  mizuno.png.f0e7b21135cb6273b3c1430866904467.png JPX 921 Tour 4-P, Project X Shafts - Stiff 125g
Wedges: cleveland.png.f21f4d2361520fdf1bbd9d515a2f11e6.png 52º, 56º, 60º
Putter:  odyssey.png.58c727e37eb7efda62bce4f7b8881bd9.png Ai-One 7 T CH, 34"
Preferred Ball: srixon.png.f177578dda27a20ef80a0a8b1ae96e3b.png Z-Star Diamond
Pushcart: bagboy.jpg.0dda53b5175958e1b5686f22b90af744.jpg Nitron
Rangefinder: bushnell.jpg.c51debd06066fa243dea7f14d69a8dba.jpg Tour V5 Shift

After hitting it some more today, here are my thoughts:

I have played golf for 11 years. I started at the age of 55. This January I learned to hit a draw. My average drive stats went from 167 yds per game to 184 yds per game.

The club is designed for slice correction. On average, I am hitting the Maxvert just a couple of yards shorter than my Callaway Maverick (based on simulator stats and actual range data).

When you purchase the club they provide a whole set of training videos to teach one how to hit a draw. Plus the shorter, more upright club tends to tame a slice.

Had I still been hitting my slice like I used to, I would definitely be hitting the Maxvert further than the CM. But having corrected my problem before receiving the club I believe eliminated the club's advantages.

If you have played for decades and still cannot hit a draw, you may want to try this club.

This is my perspective.

Sent from my moto g 5G - 2024 using Tapatalk