Full Set of Hybrids

I ran across this video on Youtube and I was intrigued by the idea of may adding 2 additional hybrids to my bag, has anyone tried this or had this set?  -

Mizuno MX25 Irons 4-GW

Cleveland Tour Action 56 Degree Wedge

Cleveland Tour Action 60-Degree Wedge

Bobby Jones 3 Hybrid

Callaway Rogue 3 Wood

Ping G20 Driver

Yes! C Groove Sophia Putter

18 hours ago, Firmadge said:

I ran across this video on Youtube and I was intrigued by the idea of may adding 2 additional hybrids to my bag, has anyone tried this or had this set?  -

This is really interesting, and I’ll be interested in other people’s thoughts. 

My bag is currently going through a bit of an identity crisis as I’m carrying 3W, 3H, 4I, and 4H. Haha

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth2

3W: :taylormade-small: Stealth2

4H: :taylormade-small: Stealth 2

Irons 4I-9I:  :titleist-small: T200

Wedges P, 48: :titleist-small: T200

Wedges 54, 58: :titleist-small: Vokey SM9

Putter:  :odyssey-small: O Works #1 Black

I play with a semi full set of Hybrids from Orlimar Golf. The PW is not a hybrid and the 9 iron is about half the size of a hybrid. All the rest 4-8 are hybrids. They have helped my game distance wise and they only take small if any divots.The semi down side is that stopping on the greens with any spin is not that strong, but the height they come in at allows for not a lot of roll out, so once you get used to them it kind of balances out. But here's a really great plus.......a full set 4-W graphite shafts is only around $200. 

Total Callaway bag - except putter

I’m not a good golfer and also old. Everything I watched and read said that hybrid irons was the way to go. Last year I ordered a set of Tour Edge hybrid irons and did play the best round of the year with them, but. I do like hybrids and have always had a couple in my bag, that being said I just can’t seem to look at a hybrid below the six iron and get comfortable with them. Haven’t played them in months. It’s not the clubs, everyone that tries them loves them and hit them much better than I do. Guess all I’m trying to say is they might not be for everyone. 

Driver -:callaway-small: GBB Epic

Fairway -:cobra-small: Baffler 5W

Hybrid - :taylormade-small: Rescue mid 2,4,5h

Irons -:cobra-small:      Baffler XL 7-P-G

SW - Lynx Silver Cat

Putter - :EVNROLL: ER2

I played last week with an older gent who was rocking an older set of all hybrid clubs, I didn't recognize the brand. He cheerfully admitted he doesn't hit it far any more, but he was straight as an arrow. Middle of the fairway and on the green all day long. 

In my Big Max hybrid bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Halo XL 5i-DW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:EVNROLL: ER5 
:maxfli: Tour S

There's a part of me that's very interested in trying something like this, as my iron contact is anything but good right now.

MacGregor has a hybrid iron set too, that's only $350 that's also very interesting.

Driver: :mizuno-small: STMax 230 10.5*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
Fairways: :Sub70: 949x 3w / 5w, 15* / 18*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Hybrids: :Sub70: 939x 4h, 21*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 80g Hybrid
Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX923 Hot Metal Pro, 5-GW, UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: S23, 54* & 60*, UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter:
Maltby_Logo.jpg.7f7f2f102dcb7b289e419805910e4aab.jpg Moment X Tour @ 35" & 71*, Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, White/Red
Ball: :maxfli: Tour CG
Technology:
VortexGolf_Logo.jpg.2ad1215c7b1aa2ccf8d062a73bc72142.jpg Anarch Rangefinder, :ShotScope: V5 w/ Tags Shot Tracking.

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/65161-vortex-optics-rangefinders-2024-member-test/?do=findComment&comment=1089247
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/66852-unofficial-review-tpi-virtual-assessment
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/classifieds/ - DON'T FORGET ABOUT THE CLASSIFIEDS!!!

He did a third one with these Eleven Golf hybrid irons. They're very interesting.

Here are the new Cleveland Halo's.

Driver: :mizuno-small: STMax 230 10.5*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
Fairways: :Sub70: 949x 3w / 5w, 15* / 18*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Hybrids: :Sub70: 939x 4h, 21*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 80g Hybrid
Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX923 Hot Metal Pro, 5-GW, UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: S23, 54* & 60*, UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter:
Maltby_Logo.jpg.7f7f2f102dcb7b289e419805910e4aab.jpg Moment X Tour @ 35" & 71*, Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, White/Red
Ball: :maxfli: Tour CG
Technology:
VortexGolf_Logo.jpg.2ad1215c7b1aa2ccf8d062a73bc72142.jpg Anarch Rangefinder, :ShotScope: V5 w/ Tags Shot Tracking.

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/65161-vortex-optics-rangefinders-2024-member-test/?do=findComment&comment=1089247
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/66852-unofficial-review-tpi-virtual-assessment
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/classifieds/ - DON'T FORGET ABOUT THE CLASSIFIEDS!!!

I would love to try a full set of hybrids
I also would love to try same length irons

I just have to figure out a way to keep a paycheck coming in while simultaneously freeing up a lot of time to get on the course.

Driver - Stix Compete
5W - :callaway-small: Big Bertha
7W - :ping-small: G5
5H - :callaway-small:Edge 
6H, 5-GW - :ping-small: G15
56 - Kirkland Signature 
Putter - :1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact #3

I think there’s a lot of value in carrying hybrids especially if distance is a challenge. Also considering that it can be swung the same as an iron and there isn’t a need for a swing change. 

Just started !

My wife's set is made up of mostly hybrids and for someone who does not play a lot of golf I think it has helped her when she comes back to the game. She seems to struggle more with irons after long layoffs, yet still hits the hybrids pretty well.

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18