Tony Covey MGS

MyGolfSpy's 2013 ULTIMATE Driver Test

Our Sponsors

We're inching closer to revealing the entire field, but I thought I'd go ahead and reveal the first bit of bad news surrounding our test.

Hireko Golf had originally planned to participate in the test, however, inventory for the new Acer XS line won't be available for approximately 3 weeks, which is a little later than we can manage for this test. We'll look at reviewing the Acer XS a little later this season.

Despite this little bit of disappointing news, we're still not done yet.

Oh sweet, getting some components. Wishon????????

We're inching closer to revealing the entire field, but I thought I'd go ahead and reveal the first bit of bad news surrounding our test.

Hireko Golf had originally planned to participate in the test, however, inventory for the new Acer XS line won't be available for approximately 3 weeks, which is a little later than we can manage for this test. We'll look at reviewing the Acer XS a little later this season.

I'll say two things to this:

1) Awesome that it was attempted and both parties wanted it to happen

2) Too bad, I would have loved to see Hireko mixed in with this, but it'll be good to read a review from them later on.

To anyone who hasn't done business with Hireko, Jeff Summit, their technical director, is one of the most helpful people on the internet for golf.

I'll say two things to this:

1) Awesome that it was attempted and both parties wanted it to happen

2) Too bad, I would have loved to see Hireko mixed in with this, but it'll be good to read a review from them later on.

To anyone who hasn't done business with Hireko, Jeff Summit, their technical director, is one of the most helpful people on the internet for golf.

Great guys over there at Hireko. No dispute on that one.

We'll see what happens with the rest of the field, but we've still got Wishon, PowerBilt, and Geek...and I suppose some might say Wilson Staff, as entries from smaller brands.

Still...having one more would have been great. The upside is I was able to backfill their spot, which reminds me....

We're not done yet.

Oops, guess I was sleeping on the job. Don't know how I missed that.

Unfortunately, because of the need to re-announce Wishon Golf's participation for JBones, the likelihood is that there won't be any further announcements today. Also, barring a surprise visit from UPS I don't actually have anything to announce...or do I?

Monday for sure.

Well s***, sorry guys.

I went back through every page of the thread, so it won't happen again.

I must say though, I was quite disappointed with the performance of the Super LS.

Damn. That was the one I was looking for.

Looks like I'll be buying the XS on blind faith then...well, almost blind, I have their XF Pro irons and hybrids.

I've updated the original post (way back at the beginning of page 1) to show you where things stand at this very moment with respect to who is participating.

As I hinted at on Thursday evening...we had some unexpected developments with respect to the test. Hey...things happen...you adjust...and you move on.

Based on the available information I can promise that 66.6% of the spots left on the board (see page 1 graphic) will absolutely be filled. The other 33.3%...let's call them optimistically questionable.

So yeah...like I keep saying...

We're Not Done Yet

Epic. The only "major" OEM missing appears to be Cleveland. Meaning we should expect to have at least 2 more "boutique" manufacturers represented.

Thanks for doing this guys, can't wait for the results!

If I'm tracking correctly, we are missing Cleveland, Bridgestone, Tour Edge, plus Krank and other smaller driver companies.

Um this wasn't on either page of my "View New Content". What's the dilly yo?

Today must be Monday now right? We've been spoiled for additions and now I'm just waiting expectantly... who will it be, who will it be?

Today must be Monday now right? We've been spoiled for additions and now I'm just waiting expectantly... who will it be, who will it be?

Oh man! I got all excited when this got bumped to the top of new content.......

Oh man! I got all excited when this got bumped to the top of new content.......

Same, but as you know, "we're not done yet" so something should come soon. I would be very surprised if Cleveland opted out seeing as they are trying to build the brand and actually have solid driver offerings. Regardless, it looks like a packed field. It's hard waiting T. It's really hard!

Sorry guys...I missed the delivery today. Today's announcement is postponed until tomorrow.