Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

RBZ Stage 2 Fairway and Hybrid Forum Member Reviews!

GolfSpy WD

I agree it is partly the longer shaft. I have a long shaft in the driver, but then I am hitting the driver off a perfect lie every time. I generate a lot of spin with my R11 3 wood, and actually hit the 2 iron farther off the tee, I have a Titleist 909F that I hit father off the tee, maybe 10 yards, but it is pretty finicky about fairway lies, but the bottom line is that at these distances, I only use the 3 wood when I have not hit a very good drive or into the wind. So after considerable deliberation and testing, I have discovered that if I have to hit a fairway metal, than I really need to lay up to a perfect wedge distance. Phil and Tiger can fire at the flag from 250 but I need to hit 7 iron and wedge from there to have any real chance of getting in the hole in 3 more shots. Typically, if I missed the green but still hit a good shot I am in a more difficult bunker or side hill lie.

I have steel shafts in my hybrids, that I do not carry very often, and have tried them in 3 Wood. I simply do not get the distance and consistency out of every lie that I do with an iron. But I will say that I am a solid iron player. I have worked hard on that over the last year and have seen great improvements over the last month even. I am often hitting 14 - 15 GIR per round now.

Then it sounds like you know what works for you. Do what works best and who cares if you carry a 3 wood or not. It is all about what works for you.

It's all about the short game, unless you can't keep it in play!

What's in my Bag:
Driver: Adams Speedline Super LS 10.5 with Excalibur T7+ tour stiff shaft
3 Wood: Adams Speedline Super LS 13 degree with Excalibur TFW Tour stiff shaft
Hybrid: Nickent 6DT 19 degree Aldilla Voodoo NV Stiff shaft
Irons: 4-9 KZG Tour Evolution with Nippon N.S. Pro Modus 3 tour 120 x flex shafts
Wedges:49 degree Dave Pelz wedge with a Nippon N.S. Pro Modus tour 120 x flex shaft. 54,64 Dave Pelz wedges with Rifle spinner shafts 59 Degree Scor wedge with rifle spinner shaft.
Putter: Bentinardi Ben Hogan Big Ben Center shafted 33 inches with best grips custom pistol putter grip.

Ball: Titleist Pro V1X, Callaway Hex Chrome +

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great job Tuna! :)

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Was curious because I can't find the answer on TM's website - what's the difference between the Tour model fairway wood and the TP version?

Driver: Callaway Epic Max LS 9.0*. (Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65)

FW: Cobra F9 3W (MC Diamana RF 60)
Hybrid:
Callaway Apex 19 2H (KBS - 85)

Hybrid: Callaway Apex 4H (MC - Kuro Kage 80 HY)
Irons: Callaway XR Steelhead 5I - AW (Project X 6.0 Steel)
Wedges: Callaway MD3 54* Standard; PM Grind 58* (Project X 5.5 Steel)
Putter: Odyssey Toulon - Atlanta (35")
Ball: Callaway Chrome Soft, Titleist Pro-V1, Whatever is in the Weeds
Resident of Southern California

Was curious because I can't find the answer on TM's website - what's the difference between the Tour model fairway wood and the TP version?

The shaft, the tour model has the made for rocketfuel shaft while the TP has the real matrix rul shaft as well as many more options for shaft upgrades

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Good Review Theo. I like the wide range of handicaps we have doing these reviews. I think it's cool that a low handicap and someone in their second season both like the fairway so much. Also, thanks for all your help with info bout the shaft tips and such.

What's in my Bag:
Irons: 4-9 KZG Tour Evolution with Nippon N.S. Pro Modus 3 tour 120 x flex shafts
Wedges:49 degree Dave Pelz wedge with a Nippon N.S. Pro Modus tour 120 x flex shaft. 54,64 Dave Pelz wedges with Rifle spinner shafts 59 Degree Scor wedge with rifle spinner shaft.
Putter: Bentinardi Ben Hogan Big Ben Center shafted 33 inches with best grips custom pistol putter grip.

Good Review Theo. I like the wide range of handicaps we have doing these reviews. I think it's cool that a low handicap and someone in their second season both like the fairway so much. Also, thanks for all your help with info bout the shaft tips and such.

You're welcome. I hope it wasn't too painful to read. I might go back and edit it cause I feel I was a little bit all over the place

Nice review Mr. Theo. I did not get around to reading it until tonight.

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Nice review Mr. Theo. I did not get around to reading it until tonight.

Thanks Rick :D

Great review WD!

Sweet review T-Buck!

But Dude, what the hell's up with the cammo look, LMAO? What, did ya chase a wolverine fan into the trees?

Just kiddin, great review.

Hit 'em well this year!

Fairways & Greens 4ever

Haha, was wondering the same thing. How in the world did you manage that Theoo? :)

Haha, was wondering the same thing. How in the world did you manage that Theoo? :)

If you are refering to my grass stained fairway lets just say being in my second season has some perks :P lol just gotta play from the longer grass a little bit

It was a great review. The pictures were nice. The comparison with last years model and the upgraded shafts all with use of launch monitor was very effective and interesting. It was a good way to back up your review with hard evidence and solid facts. It made things much less subjective.

What's in my Bag:

It was a great review. The pictures were nice. The comparison with last years model and the upgraded shafts all with use of launch monitor was very effective and interesting. It was a good way to back up your review with hard evidence and solid facts. It made things much less subjective.

Thx Rickles!

T, did that TE get taken? Who'd he end up with? He was a stud and and'll make a solid NFL TE.

Fairways & Greens 4ever

:mizuno-small:

Jake Stoneburner went undrafted but signed with that packers. He is a great pickup for them if they can keep finley as well. It always seems like Buckeyes arent picked very high in the draft but end up having decent pro careers

Theo, I'm with RPJII (Not to be confused with RGIII although apparently both are great players when you can keep them healthy), that is a great avatar. I love the Fat Albert Gang. I now vote for you in the avatar contest and you are not even in there. My personal favorite part of the gang is that every one of them has a different cool walk. Wow, this is now getting thread jacked every which way!

What's in my Bag:

They are well prepared fundamentally and they show up on game day. Startin 20, 30, 40+ games and playin in the Shoe and up in Ann Arbor will have that effect if you're a gamer.

They get a lot of gamers in Columbus.

I give Meyer 4 years and they'll be playin for the crystal.

Fairways & Greens 4ever

:mizuno-small:

I hope it's sooner than 4 years lol

I changed my final score in my review because the original score didn't sit well with me. This had nothing to do with the other reviews and more that the original score was too close to the scores the Rocketbladez got, which considering my reaction to each review seemed wrong and took away from how good the Rbladez are.

I decided I hadn't deducted enough for off center hits which can be penalized pretty badly by these clubs, so I took both their performance scores to 90 from 95. This left a total score of 88.33, which seems more in line with how I feel about the clubs in that they're very good, but by no means a heads above the competition. Honestly though, based on trying out a lot of hybrids, I'm not sure there are any hybrids that really stand out. There are definitely some that deserve much lower scores, but nothing I'm crazy about.

Okay - caught up on my reading here - I really appreciate the work done by our reviewers here - nice job guys!

I'm not in the market for this part of my bag but still loved the review and the help it would bring for folks who are.

Well written, great pics, job well done.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

There are eight pills. They are all the same size and color. One of them weighs slightly more and is poisonous.

You have a balance scale and can only use it twice.

How do you find the poisonous pill?

I make you eat them all until it becomes evident

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

Archived