Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Walking the course

numberonecoog

This. I have a bunch of Hydro Flasks and they are amazing.

Our family (and by family I mean my wife and I) have 5 between us. Lol

Knoxville, TN. 6HDCP, TM R11S driver. G25 3 wood, burner Rescue. Ping I irons, Rac 52,56,60 & 2ball odyssey putter

<p>Knoxville, TN 8 Hdcp PXG 0811  10.59deg loft Ping G25 3 wood Titleist 2i rescue Ping I irons +1 upright Vokey Sm5 52, 56, OdysseyRed 2Ball Fang with 1.0 super stroke</p>

I was a hauler in NJ. Course wanted 20 bucks or so for a cart, so I promptly told them to beat rocks and I would walk. A few things everyone hit on... go light. Get yourself a good light stand bag. 

Second, keep the amount of balls to a minimum. I carry a dozen in my cart bag, I'd carry about 5-6 in my cart bag, maybe more depending on course. If you bring water, it weighs a ton, so plan on refilling on the course if you can. I try to hit first or second so I can grab my bag and be on my way before the carts in our group. Other than that have fun.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

I was a hauler in NJ. Course wanted 20 bucks or so for a cart, so I promptly told them to beat rocks and I would walk. A few things everyone hit on... go light. Get yourself a good light stand bag. 

Second, keep the amount of balls to a minimum. I carry a dozen in my cart bag, I'd carry about 5-6 in my cart bag, maybe more depending on course. If you bring water, it weighs a ton, so plan on refilling on the course if you can. I try to hit first or second so I can grab my bag and be on my way before the carts in our group. Other than that have fun.

Shout out for the original Metal-X putter. I think Bigtazz is in the club too bagging the #1 model. No hijack. Carry on.

ogio_logo1.jpg?w=690Shredder Stand Bag /  :taylormade-small: TP SLDR S Mini 16* /  adams-golf-logo.jpg?w=690Pro DHy 18* /  :cobra-small: Baffler 7w 20* /   :cobra-small: King F6 irons 5i-GW /                                     bsglogo1.jpg?w=690 J15 54* /  putt.jpg?w=690 Sierra 101-Soft /  :srixon-small: Z-star balls / all shafts regular flex / Lamkin Crossline Ace 3GEN oversize grips 

Honestly I try to keep my load as light as possible. I'll carry up to 2 bottles of water and keep two more in my truck for after the turn depending on how much water there is available on the course. I've also gotten to where I carry two towels especially in the summer so that one can stay dry for club cleaning and a smaller one to keep wet for my face and arms, you'd be amazed at how much that helps on a Texas summer day. Other then those I try to carry as little in my bag as possible just to have a light load.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

I miss walking! Until I move to Florida 10 years ago I walks 90 percent of the time. Now? Not so much. When I walk I use a pull cart and keep water and snacks in my bag. Its so hot here that it's tough to walk.

Sent from my VS986 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

List of must haves for walkers: A good balanced push cart I prefer a three wheeler vs four wheeler I feel a three wheeler is more stable, comfy golf shoes spike less preferred, uv umbrella + umbrella attachment for the cart, a smaller cooler bag with water and snacks, sunscreen, cooling towel, and sunglasses. Some push carts come with chair attachment at an additional cost, good for those slow play days. An electric push cart is also good but costly, worth it if you find a second hand one that's in good condition.

Sent from MyGolfSpy mobile

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 shaft

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* 

Hybrids:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3 Hybrid & :nike-small: Vapor Flex 4 hybrid  

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Scotty Cameron M2 Newport

Ball:  :Snell: Black & :titelist-small: Pro V1

Bag: 2018 MyGolfSpy stand Bag & 2021 Greenside Golf stand bag

I wear long boxer briefs to avoid that very problem. Damn narrow hips!

WITB: 

Adams 9064LS 9.5* (until I cracked the face)

Adams Super LS 17*

Adams XTD Ti 23*

Wilson Staff Ci7 4-PW

Adams wedges: 52/7 56/13 60/7

Wilson Staff Infinite Southside putter/Odyssey DualForce 660 putter

Invest in Body Glide if you have any possibility of chafing. Today was not so good for me

-MK

I had a thing of gold bond in my bag for that reason. I used to play a match play tournament that was 18 holes in the morning and if you survived elimination, 18 more during the afternoon. One day I played 44 holes -- all walking and had maybe at most a ten minute break. The starter had to get me back out right away after we went extra holes. Didn't even have a chance to get the balls in my car. From my experience, gold bond or the body glide is a must if you play more than 18.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

• 1 year later...

I have a clicgear 3.5 and love the accessories they offer. The three I must have are my seat, rangefinder pouch, and water bottle. If the sun is up and it's hot, the umbrella they offer is a lifesaver! I'll never ride a course that lets me walk.... there's just too much benefit to walking vs riding. Concentration, fitness, only having to go to YOUR ball, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver-    Callaway GBB Epic 9.5 Aldila Rouge Max 75X 

3 Wood- Callaway GBB Epic 15 Aldila Rouge Max 85X

Hybrid-   Callaway GBB Epic 19 UST Recoil F4

Irons-      Callaway CF Apex 16'  4-PW S300

Wedges- Titleist SM6 GW/SW/LW S300

Putter-    Ping Anser Sigma G w/ Superstroke Pistol GT 2.0

Ball-        Bridgestone B330/ TaylorMade TP4/ Titleist ProV1

Grips-     Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Grey

Archived