Testers Wanted: Newton Driver Shafts ×

What/How Did You Practice Today?

null

1 hour ago, Dweed said:

Careful not to go down that rabbit hole, you may end up having to give up your day job to get the time to figure out "why am I hitting better?"

Usually I am the guy who says "don't question it, just go with it " but then came along GOLF and MGS!  🤣

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

Got my driver cut down while on vacation. Pro dialed it in at D3 swing weight with lead tape toe side and my sliding weight heel side. Driver turned into a cannon. Very excited to take it out on the course Tuesday. I was contemplating trying some new drivers out but not any more. Also hit some really solid irons during my practice session. The Dewiz is super helpful it trying to target things to work on. Just wish it could have max hand speed distance as a learning stimulus target. 

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :kbs: TD Cat 4 60g 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with :kbs: PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with:kbs: Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter::L.A.B.:Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  :Snell: Prime 4.0

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

Glove: :redrooster:

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

Been really struggling lately. Hurt my ribs some and it's been tough to get a good shot in with my irons so mostly practicing with the woods and chipping around on the practice greens at the driving range. Hopefully the issue resolves soon, the TopGolf league I'm in at work is about to be over and I want to come in something other than last place!

Titleist TSR2 9degree

Callaway Paradym X 3W

Callaway Epic Max 5W

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke 4-PW

Wedges: Taylormade MG4 50-degree, Cleveland Tour Action 588 56-degree

Nike Putter

I got out today for a little practice mostly working on contact and chipping. The last couple of days at Kingsmill I developed a toe strike and need to get that figured out. 

I started out getting warm with just a few 20 yard pitches with both the 58 and 54. Moved on to fuller shots with the GW and there was my toe hit. 

1000008962.jpg.7a082ad1af4b1ee2ac0a0861683f6b49.jpg

I wish I could be as repeatable with center strikes as I am when I'm hitting it bad, I might actually be a good player if I did. 

I finally figured out something with my arm structure where I felt like I was squeezing my elbows together slightly at setup and started hitting them better. 

I moved on to the chipping area working on the method @cnosil told me about and it started out disastrous. It was chunks, thins, and just basically terrible shots. It took me a while to realize I needed to get my weight on the front foot and keep it there and make sure to rotate. My strikes are better now and I need to work on distance control. It didn't help the green was running lightning fast. I probably spent half an hour or more working on it and it just got too hot. At least the humidity was down at 44% so it only felt like 95 degrees. 

I felt like it was a productive day and hopefully I'll be ready for my round Wednesday. It'll be fun no matter what. 

12 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

I moved on to the chipping area working on the method @cnosil told me about and it started out disastrous. It was chunks, thins, and just basically terrible shots. It took me a while to realize I needed to get my weight on the front foot and keep it there and make sure to rotate. My strikes are better now and I need to work on distance control. It didn't help the green was running lightning fast. I probably spent half an hour or more working on it and it just got too hot. At least the humidity was down at 44% so it only felt like 95 degrees. 

Have you watched the Dan Grieve lesson videos he has put on his YouTube channel?  Lots of good tidbit in them about setup and how to swing the club.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym AI Smoke Max HL  16.5* w/MCA TENSEI AV Series Blue
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   more-golf-logo.png Render w/VA Composites Baddazz 

Backup Putters:  Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe,  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

14 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Have you watched the Dan Grieve lesson videos he has put on his YouTube channel?  Lots of good tidbit in them about setup and how to swing the club.  

I've watched a couple, the Rick Shiels and I've started the one with Oliver Phelps. I'll have to go back over them and pay closer attention to setup, I think I was focusing too much on the technique. 

I know it'll take a while to get the motion and setup right, just have to drill myself on it until it becomes second nature. 

Day 149 (15 Jun 24) - took yesterday off (was on the road all day, home after midnight kind of thing). Today was back to it - played local course as a solo.  Played one of my fave formats of rotating thru the tee boxes - adds dimension to the approach game.  Best part of the day was the wedge play with a first ever hole out eagle on the par 5 13th hole.  Drive was tight to the left needing a punchy iron to get back to the center of fairway.  Left about 80yds to the flag, figured an easy GW would leave me close for a birdie putt.  Caught it solid and watched it one hop into the hole….over all a good day of working on the game.

WITB?:ping-small:  G400 SFT w/Aldila NXT GEN NVS 55 Aflex ; :ping-small: G410 3w; :ping-small: G400 3h(19), 4h(22), 5h(26) - stock Ping Alta CB R-Flex; :edel-golf-1:SMS 6i, 7i - KBS TourLIte 95 R-Flex; Maltby TS1 8i-9i-PW w/Apollo Acculite 85 R flex; INDI FLX-S wedges (50, 54, 58) w/Recoil graphite shafts -R-Flex and :odyssey-small: AI-One 7T BD Milled (aka Millie), ball choice tends to be Pro-V1 or simliar 3pc urethane balls. 

Hit about a dozen 5 irons on the backyard net. Quit. Swing ok, back…not good.  I love this game, and I love to practice almost as much as actually playing.  But age and back issues are beginning to take their toll.  Trying to learn to listen to my body and live to swing another day.

Any more old golfers out there dealing with similar issues?  I would love to hear your input!

I don’t carry a fairway wood…

Had a relaxing morning chipping session with my golf buddy (Franklin our mini dachshund) - I set a target uphill in the backyard and work on distance control. He chases the balls lol

Mizuno STZ, 3w&2h Cobra RADspeed, 4-9i +AW TM r7, 46° Cleveland CBX, 56° & 60° Cleveland RTX, Cobra Vintage Stingray. 

My weekends consist of a few rounds of executive golf in the morning and usually follow up afternoons of Short game (usually pitching and chipping of 1-4 balls until I hole 5 shots) then roughly 20-45 mins of putting usually a tee gate drill of 6-10 foot putts until you make 10 in a row and then at least 9 holes of 25-40 footers goal is to shoot under 18 putts.

This short game practice will get you firing  and ready for your next round!

Sean Murray 

@TheModelgolfer

I hit a bucket at the range this afternoon then spent a lot of time on the putting green to get ready for the Evnroll testing. 

In my Big Max hybrid bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:wilson_staff_small: D200 6i-GW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:maxfli: Tour S

Day 150 (16 Jun 24) - Happy Father's Day all - got in a few swings with the clubs, focused on alignment for chipping and pitching.  For me if the target it 12noon, I need to have my feet somewhere around 11 for a solid dead on line pitch/chip.  Worked from about 5yds out to 25yds.  Worked through a series of clubs - 54, PW, 8i and 6i - noting flight patterns of each.  

WITB?:ping-small:  G400 SFT w/Aldila NXT GEN NVS 55 Aflex ; :ping-small: G410 3w; :ping-small: G400 3h(19), 4h(22), 5h(26) - stock Ping Alta CB R-Flex; :edel-golf-1:SMS 6i, 7i - KBS TourLIte 95 R-Flex; Maltby TS1 8i-9i-PW w/Apollo Acculite 85 R flex; INDI FLX-S wedges (50, 54, 58) w/Recoil graphite shafts -R-Flex and :odyssey-small: AI-One 7T BD Milled (aka Millie), ball choice tends to be Pro-V1 or simliar 3pc urethane balls. 

On 6/15/2024 at 1:19 PM, sirchunksalot said:

I know it'll take a while to get the motion and setup right, just have to drill myself on it until it becomes second nature. 

Celebrate the good shots and ignore the bad ones and the drilling will take hold faster and better.  By celebrate I mean hold your finish on your good shot and enjoy the sight and the feel.  Turn away from the bad shots, don't even watch them finish. This imprints the sight and feeling of a good shot into your habit central, the basal amygdala part of your brain. 

The course was empty today. Just too hot. So I went out and played. I concentrated on making good decisions, and quality shots for accuracy. If a shot didn't work I dropped another ball and tried again. Pitching and chipping was exceptionally good today. Made it fun to be out there. 

Driver :taylormade-small: Sim Max2

Hybrids :ping-small: G430 2, 3, 4

Irons :srixon-small: ZX4 6-PW

Wedges :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 50, 54, 58

Putter :odyssey-small: 2Ball Ten ArmLock

Golf cart MGI Zip Navigator

:Arccos:

I hit several 7 iron demos today and gathered lots of data.

The Xcaliber RT shaft is clearly the best for me.

Choosing the head is difficult.  I was super impressed with the Maltby TS1, TS3 (current gamer), Miura CB-57, and the Mizuno MP221, which shocked me with its accuracy and forgiveness in a TT FST 115S shaft.  I mean, wow.  

Working at getting better ... and very slowly getting there.

•  :callaway-small: Paradym 🔹🔹🔹 8* (:accra:  Shogun Blue M0 Otto-Phlex)
  •  :taylormade-small: Brnr Mini driver 13.5* (:accra: FX 3.0 140 M1 Otto-Phlex)
  • :callaway-small: Paradym X 4 and 5 Hybrids
  •  Maltby TS3 (4-8)/TS4 (9-PW)/TS1 (GW) (shafts:  :projectx: LZ 6.0)
  • :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore 53*, and 58* mid wedges (:projectx: wedge shafts 6.5)
  • :L.A.B.: DF 2.1 (BTG shaft)
  • :redrooster: Gloves

My Official 2024 TaylorMade Qi10 Review:  https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/62804-taylormade-qi10-drivers-2024-forum-member-review/?do=findComment&comment=1014200

My Official 2023 Red Rooster Sussex Glove Review:  https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/58614-2023-mgs-forum-member-test-red-rooster-sussex-golf-glove/#comment-911042

Range was packed today... It was nice to see all the future golfers out in force with their dads...

No one was playing in the sand so I started there with about 50 shots and then moved to the Chipping area for about 45mins...

eventually, a mat opened up and I hit through the bag which went pretty well...  and then finished the session on the putting green for about 45 mins as well...

All in all not a bad session... Happy Father's Day everyone... 

"A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." ~John Stuart Mill

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope." ~Winston Churchill

Currently Gaming:

Driver: Titleist GT3, Mitsubishi 1K Black 6.5 - X-Stiff

Woods: Callaway Ai Smoke 3W 17*, Project X Denali 6.0 70g - Stiff

Irons: Mizuno MP 245 (4i thru PW), NS Pro Modus Tour 120X (4i - 21*, PW - 42*)

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM10 48.10F, 52.08F, 56.14K, 60.04T Grind 

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Design 1.5 (2004)

6 hours ago, EnderinAZ said:

Celebrate the good shots and ignore the bad ones and the drilling will take hold faster and better.  By celebrate I mean hold your finish on your good shot and enjoy the sight and the feel.  Turn away from the bad shots, don't even watch them finish. This imprints the sight and feeling of a good shot into your habit central, the basal amygdala part of your brain. 

I appreciate the advice! It's tough changing movement patterns and I don't need to focus on the bad outcomes, which I was doing during the earlier part of the day. It got better toward the end and hopefully as I continue to work on it, it'll get better. 

5 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

I appreciate the advice! It's tough changing movement patterns and I don't need to focus on the bad outcomes, which I was doing during the earlier part of the day. It got better toward the end and hopefully as I continue to work on it, it'll get better. 

Oh don't I know that. Due to injury my turn got all out of whack. I knew I was doing it wrong, just couldn't figure out how to do it right.  Without going into the research and testing suffice to say that the golf swing is 99% movement by habit. That there are up 70 different controllable movements in a golf swing. In order to improve you need to break down the swing where things feel wrong into their component habits. Think of an upside-down pyramid. Find the smallest base habit in your swing and fix that, then move to the next, and the next, and so on. 

It is methodical, hard, and pretty permanent. Plus it takes a long time with lots of setbacks. It has taken 18 months since my knee replacement to get the turn right. Breakouts were stance, grip, right arm location during backswing, when the downswing starts, where the downswing starts, and a few more.  My handicap has gone up and down as I get one or another habit right. Right now it is a 7 on my home course. I have just this week decided that my game is now good enough to attack pin locations instead of just firing at the fat part of the green. 

Driver :taylormade-small: Sim Max2

Hybrids :ping-small: G430 2, 3, 4

Irons :srixon-small: ZX4 6-PW

Wedges :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 50, 54, 58

Putter :odyssey-small: 2Ball Ten ArmLock

Golf cart MGI Zip Navigator

:Arccos:

5 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

Just have to keep at it.  I’ve been working on my short game for years and am slowly improving.  Since reading Dan Grieve’s book and watching he videos things are starting to click and I am see the nuances and things that aren’t necessarily said in all the videos.  I also watch James Ridyard…take a look at his death drill that was posted on Coach Lockey’s channel.  Kind if helped me understand/rinforce how the arms move   🤪.  I’m still focused on technique but slowly moving toward trusting that.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym AI Smoke Max HL  16.5* w/MCA TENSEI AV Series Blue
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   more-golf-logo.png Render w/VA Composites Baddazz 

Backup Putters:  Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe,  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

It's Monday so that means its stuff on the side with some short game and short irons work. FIT work outs in the morning, 50-70 balls split between 8-9-PW and then some target chipping. Tonight is a yoga flow for stretching and strength. FIT and yoga are two things that I do normally, it just so happens that they fit with playing golf. 

Timmy J

15 hours ago, EnderinAZ said:

The course was empty today. Just too hot. So I went out and played. I concentrated on making good decisions, and quality shots for accuracy. If a shot didn't work I dropped another ball and tried again. Pitching and chipping was exceptionally good today. Made it fun to be out there. 

The advice I saw is that when you're on the range, hold your finish for 6-8 seconds and watch the good shots land. Triggers muscle memory faster.

Holding my finish for 6-8 seconds is hard enough. Last night I was actually working on having a finish I could hold. I'd gotten into a habit of the shaft being almost vertical and bouncing off my upper back in the followthrough, instead of having my left elbow bent at roughly 90 degrees and the shaft finishing near level behind my head and neck, such as this.

image.png.9d38c89d6c8abc42c2b209ad9cff8302.png

Obsessed with chasing the dimpled orb.

More about me:  WITB type stuff

Fit For Golf tester 2024. Final review here: FFG review

Had the best Father's Day hitting balls on the range with my two boys. Both budding golfers. Couldn't be more different - the oldest is battling a slice (which he's quickly turning into a fade), the younger is either flushing it or hitting snap hooks 😆

Mavrik Max driver & irons, X-hot 3w, Cobra 7w & 4 hybrid, Kirkland wedges, Odyssey 11 Triple Track putter.

Day 151 (17 Jun 24) - Walked the front nine at Minnesott today, with trimmed down back (8 clubs: D, 3w, 4h, 6i, 8i, PW, 54* and Putter).  Knew it would be a challenge to "plan" approaches that the shorter clubs would cover.  Did okay - of the six pars made four were up and downs.  The 54* wedge had a solid day of hitting those infamous short pitches/chips I post about.  Most were within kick-in distance  a couple were in the 8' range.  Overall a 39 scored with three bogies and 0 doubles.  Love the challenge this brings - and to be honest - a lot less stressed as there are fewer options on the table (or in this case "in the bag").    

On 6/15/2024 at 4:19 PM, sirchunksalot said:

I've watched a couple, the Rick Shiels and I've started the one with Oliver Phelps. I'll have to go back over them and pay closer attention to setup, I think I was focusing too much on the technique. 

I highly recommend getting the book! Not sure what will work for others, but I worked through the releases in sequence (spent ages on just Release 1 technique and focus before moving on to Release 2) and it has highly impacted my short game.

Ping G430 Max 10K (10.5º) Review Post - Ping G425 Max 3W (14.5º) - Ping G425 Max 5W (18.5º)  -  Ping G425 Max 4 Hybrid - Ping G430 Max 9W - Ping i230 6-UW - s159 54º (S-grind) and 58º (B-grind) - LAB Golf DF3

Back from vacation and back to the chipping and putting routine. Short game as stayed sharp for the most part. I will have to start doing some range work.(but I hate the range 25 balls and am done). will just work on a couple of irons at a time, trying to get the same feel I had while on vacation.

Play an evening round tomorrow evening see that looks like, before this weekend Tournament.

Driver:   TaylorMade Qi10 MAX - 8.5 with Terra Forza White Shaft
3 -Wood Sub70 949x 3 Wood 15 with Hrdz RDX Black Stiff
5-Wood:  Sub70 949x 5 Wood with Hrdz RDX Black stiff
4-Hybrid: Sub70 949x 4 Hybrid with Project X 5.5 Hybrid Stiff
Irons: Mizuno Pro 225 - 6-PW , w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff
Wedges: Sub70 TAIII w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff - 50 ,56, 60
Putter: L.A.B Mezz1, 34 in
Balls: MaxFli Tour X, TaylorMade Tour Response, TaylorMade TPx 
GPS:   Shot Scope X5 with Tracking

TESTED: SUB70 949X 5 Wood
TESTED: NIPPO N.S. Regio Formula MB+ 65 Stiff.
TESTED: SkyCaddie LX5 GPS Watch
TESTED: Bag Boy ZFT Bag
TESTED: Terra Forza Shaft 

Range today; worked on 9-to-3 swings with PW, 5H, 6H and 7H (small bucket), bunker shots with GW from uphill lie and SW then chipping and putting on the practice green. 

Ping G400 Max 10.5* - Alta CB SR flex 

Ping G425 SFT 5W (19*) - Alta CB Slate SR flex 

Ping Anser 4H (23*) - TFC 800H regular flex

Ping G430 5H (26*), 6H (30*) and 7H (34*)- Alta CB 70 regular flex

Ping G710 8i-GW - Recoil 80 F3 shaft 

Ping Glide 3.0 Eye-2 grind 56* - Recoil 80 F3 shaft, ChipR - Alta CB regular flex shaft

Odyssey Tri-hot 5K Seven DB  

Other: Vice Pro or Snell Prime 3.0; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear; Callaway Org 7 bag; Clicgear 3.5+

Did a Member Review on Argolf's Pendragon XL Broomstick putter. 

I had a lesson today that went very well... weakened my Left Hand a little bit and worked on moving my Left Knee in a little more during my takeaway and started striking them much better... Focused mostly on my irons because I have a new Driver and Woods incoming...

Also, had to get my irons adjusted the other day when the site was down because the Lie angles were so off... (Normally I'm 1.5* UR) and Irons were more like 1* Flat in the Short Irons, and 2* Flat in the Long Irons so that helped a lot with ball flight, etc...

"A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." ~John Stuart Mill

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope." ~Winston Churchill

Currently Gaming:

On 6/16/2024 at 8:13 AM, Dukhook52 said:

Any more old golfers out there dealing with similar issues?  I would love to hear your input!

Yoga and stretching, acupuncture, chiropractor, more stretching, heating pad, acupressure mat, situps and pushups, your favorite pain relieving gel or cream (I've tried them all and tend towards MSM cream and Arnicare, also the generics of Voltaren).

Some guys like therapeutic massage.

Absolute must non-negotiable = loosen up and warm up before going to the range or to play. Or to the backyard net.

Good luck!!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
3H...Cobra King Tec (MMT 70/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha '19 (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
SW, LW...Mizuno ES21 54-08, 60-06 (KBS Hi Rev 2.0)
Putter...
MLA Tour XDream or EvnRoll ER5
...all in a Bag Boy hybrid bag on an MGI Zip Navigator.
..ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour. Or "found" Pro V1.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)
Other tests: MLA putter; Cleveland Hi Bore driver; Ben Hogan hybrids.

followthrough.jpg

Played 9 this morning for the first time in a long time, and was feeling good with my driver and full iron shots, but couldn’t for the life of me hit partial shots.  I was either sailing them over the green or coming up way short.  So when I got home after a few errands this afternoon I decided to work on that in the front yard.  My yard is 3 tiers with the center tier being wide open grass, so I worked partial shots from the lowest tier to the middle, about 20-40 yards. Going to keep at it 

:taylormade-small:Super Burner 2.0 10.5*

:cobra-small: Fly-Z hybrid 17.5*

:callaway-small: Rogue 5 wood 24*

:edel-golf-1: SMS 4-GW

:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 60*, SM8 54*

:odyssey-small: Versa 1 putter

2023 Tested: Edel SMS Irons

I think I over practice my putting, Was squatting for every putt  to mark the ball and line up and it did improve my putting  but my knees hurt and it had a detrimental effect on my long game I bought some ball markers that have lines   and will just line up the marker to the cup and then will just bend over without  squatting  to line the ball up to the marker as a easier way to line up the ball 

My back might be the next thing to go 

Edited by Haro

On 6/15/2024 at 3:48 PM, sirchunksalot said:

I got out today for a little practice mostly working on contact and chipping. The last couple of days at Kingsmill I developed a toe strike and need to get that figured out. 

I started out getting warm with just a few 20 yard pitches with both the 58 and 54. Moved on to fuller shots with the GW and there was my toe hit. 

1000008962.jpg.7a082ad1af4b1ee2ac0a0861683f6b49.jpg

I wish I could be as repeatable with center strikes as I am when I'm hitting it bad, I might actually be a good player if I did. 

I finally figured out something with my arm structure where I felt like I was squeezing my elbows together slightly at setup and started hitting them better. 

I felt like it was a productive day and hopefully I'll be ready for my round Wednesday. It'll be fun no matter what. 

Are your wedges bent correctly?? because maybe the lie angle is off??

Currently Gaming: