hckymeyer

2018 Official Forum Member Review - Bridgestone Tour B XW-1 Wedges

Amazing start so far fellas! Can't wait to hear everyone's thoughts on these. I haven't had a chance to hold these bad boys in my hands yet but from the pics I think they are some of the sexiest wedges every made. I haven't really found a wedge that felt just right since the original Mack Daddy Jaws wedge. i will be following along closely to this thread for sure.

Just curious. Do any of you think that these wedges feel more solid with the mass behind where you hit the ball?

They definitely feel nice. I haven't noticed the whole mass thing because it's a lot less pronounced than the pictures show. The mass behind the hitting area definitely lends to a solid feeling but not anymore solid than a well struck shot would

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good job on stage 1 group!   Continue the great work on these!

• Like 4

Got some wet conditions to test in today. On and off rain, should be interesting with the soggy ground.

Hopefully you all will get more traffic/interest than our Cleveland thread did.  :(

I suspect going head-to-head with the Cobra challenge made things harder on you guys. I know when I view the forum on the mobile app, I tend to miss things easier just because newest is always on top.

• Like 2

Got some wet conditions to test in today. On and off rain, should be interesting with the soggy ground.

Very good Shankster, I was going to ask for lots of different lies to really put them through their paces 😁😎

• Like 2

Hopefully you all will get more traffic/interest than our Cleveland thread did. :(

I've been trying to drum up interest OG 😢

• Like 4

I've been trying to drum up interest OG

I know you have Nunfa0 and we appreciate your efforts! In fact you do a great job in all the threads

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 4

Very good Shankster, I was going to ask for lots of different lies to really put them through their paces

Different lies and conditions. Check. We got ya covered.

• Like 2

Hopefully you all will get more traffic/interest than our Cleveland thread did.  :(

I think, as Shankster says, now the Cobra thread is done you may get a bit more attention.

I think the nature of the Cleveland test might also have some bearing on that.

I've read all you've written and it's been a good read, but that kind of club just isn't for me...

It's a great read, I'm glad you guys enjoyed it so much and that you've got such an improvement and enjoyment out of the clubs, but for me personally, I find game improver irons actually detract from my game... (In my head, having less sole to interact with the ground is easier to understand than having more clubface to contact the ball)

I wonder, also, if it's not a "glamour" read.

The driver threads do well because everyone hits driver and wants to hit driver well.

Blades and wedges can go down well in the same way most people enjoy reading a review for a Ferrari they'll never afford than the Ford they're planning to buy.

Something like the Cleveland thread is probably more "useful" than many of the others, but really does end up restricted to not only it's target audience, but those of that group who also accept they are the target audience...

• Like 3

Different lies and conditions. Check. We got ya covered.

Yesterday I got up and down from a fire ant infested bunker/mud trap (true story).. THAT'S just how good these things are.. :P

In all seriousness, I had a really good variety of lies yesterday and these kids handled EVERYTHING I threw at them.. all but the 18th hole chip that I thinned over the green into the pond (BOO!).. I blame Mr. Shankenstein at the driving range that nearly hit me 3 different times while I was trying to set up for my chip.. C'mon fella, is rapid-fire shank-shooting really an efficient way to practice? At that point I just had to cut my losses and get the heck outta there with a +1. 

• Like 8

Yesterday I got up and down from a fire ant infested bunker/mud trap (true story).. THAT'S just how good these things are.. :P

In all seriousness, I had a really good variety of lies yesterday and these kids handled EVERYTHING I threw at them.. all but the 18th hole chip that I thinned over the green into the pond (BOO!).. I blame Mr. Shankenstein at the driving range that nearly hit me 3 different times while I was trying to set up for my chip.. C'mon fella, is rapid-fire shank-shooting really an efficient way to practice? At that point I just had to cut my losses and get the heck outta there with a +1.

Damn Shankers.

• Like 3

Im surprised with the simple yet beautiful look of these

They are quite good looking at address too. Nice round shape, even on the 52°.

I really like the lack of extra un-needed junk. I almost bought the J-15 wedges when I got the cobras.... really wishing I would have.

• Like 2

Oddly I feel the 50 and 58 have a nice Flatish/square front leading edge but the 54 def has a noticeable rounder front leading edge. It's a bit odd. I'd say I prefer a more squared leading edge like the rest of a set of clubs.

• Like 2

I am interested in the performance off tight lies.  I have learned that bounce is my friend, even off of tight lies, so long as the sole has the right amount of camber.

• Like 2

Oddly I feel the 50 and 58 have a nice Flatish/square front leading edge but the 54 def has a noticeable rounder front leading edge. It's a bit odd. I'd say I prefer a more squared leading edge like the rest of a set of clubs.

I have about the same impression on the 56° I wonder if this is a “Sand Wedge” design feature?

• Like 2

I am interested in the performance off tight lies. I have learned that bounce is my friend, even off of tight lies, so long as the sole has the right amount of camber.

Magical is all I can say about that. Magical. The 60° with the low bounce, but it has a nice wide cambered sole, Ive never been able to do the types of “tricks” I can with these. It's pretty damn amazing actually.

• Like 1

Magical is all I can say about that. Magical. The 60° with the low bounce, but it has a nice wide cambered sole, Ive never been able to do the types of “tricks” I can with these. It's pretty damn amazing actually.

How does that low bounce do out of fluffy sand?

• Like 2

Does the 60°'s cambered sole disguise the low bounce well enough that they would work for a digger?
  • Like 3

How does that low bounce do out of fluffy sand?

Does extremely well actually, I was surprised. One that I found a fluffy sand bunker and 2 that it works. I normally don't use a 60 from the sand, but we are testing wedges here so they all got the sand treatment.

Took a few tries, but the width of the sole makes up for the lack of bounce.

• Like 5