2018 Official Forum Member Review - PING i500 Irons

Our Sponsors

On 10/3/2019 at 5:17 AM, golfertrb said:

I have tried a few things to varying degrees of success. I made some alterations the other night which I will be trying tomorrow. I'll report back 🙂

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any updates?

• Like 1

WITB: 

Adams 9064LS 9.5* (until I cracked the face)

Adams Super LS 17*

Adams XTD Ti 23*

Wilson Staff Ci7 4-PW

Adams wedges: 52/7 56/13 60/7

Wilson Staff Infinite Southside putter/Odyssey DualForce 660 putter

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Chosen from a group of about 2500 applicants. I am honored.  I want to give a big thank you to MyGolfSpy, its members, and of course Ping.  Being well established with quality products in the gol

Stage One – Tester Introduction {11 October 2018}   The Background   This is my second review for MGS since joining the site last June. I talked at length about my background, history, and plays

I was introduced to golf when I was very young after my dad came back from Korea. At that time golf and I did not get along very well minus the driving range where I tried to hit it as far as I could.

Posted Images

I've seen a lot of comments on the i500 in this forum. I was fit for irons this week and the fitter is steering me toward i500 or Taylormade P770. I've seen some negative comments on feel, which concern me. Seems that some comments are that the face is so explosive that its hard to control distances on greenside chipping or yardage control on partial shots with 8-PW. Anyone with experience on this aspect after having played the i500 for 50+ rounds would be appreciated.  

Driver - Titleist TS3 9.5 Hzrdus Smoke 6.5

3 wood - TaylorMade SIM MAX 

Irons - 3-PW Titleist DCI 990

Wedges - Titleist Vokey SM4 50 degree and SM4 56 degree

Putter - Odyssey WH RX VLine