Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

2018 Official Forum Member Review - PING i500 Irons

hckymeyer

very nice of you to ask  Golfertrb. 

What's in my Mizuno BR-D2 bag

OFFICIAL TESTER FOR THE PING i500 CLUBS.

Currently playing Ping i500 w/ Alta CB graphite shafts 

:mizuno-small: MP 25 - fitted w/ Project X shafts - stiff

:titelist-small: 60  / 56  :mizuno-small: 52

:titelist-small: 910 D2 driver - 9.5 degree -fitted13   F 3 wood 13.5 deg   :nike-small: CPR 3 hybrid

:nike-small: Method mallet

Dexterity:

I shoot left-handed so no one can ask me "Hey, can I try that club?" 

Twitter @GolfingHat      Instagram  @Mizunostixgolfnut

Thanks a lot guys for the kind words and encouragement. I have been a long time lurker but just recently joined. I was very active in several other forums that I'm sure many of you guys are too but 4 years ago I was in a very serious car accident. In 2015, I had two back surgeries: a microdiscectomy in February and a fusion in October. At the time of the accident I was playing to a +3 using blades from a Japanese company by the name of Saqra. They are the INB-1150 irons - designed by Niimi Kiyonari, a man who worked for Epon for many years. They are Endo forged - beautiful clubs. MGS had an article on them that Tony Covey wrote in August of 2013. I just tell you that to give you an idea about me and where I am coming from when sharing my thoughts about the i500's. 

I have played mostly blades: Founders Club 200 series, Mizuno MP 14, etc. But I have also played Ping through the years (I have been playing for 27+ years), in fact my first set of clubs were Ping Eye's followed by Ping Zing's and the the last set where i3+ Blades. It's weird that I have gone from blades back to Ping and back again. I would have continued with my Saqra's if it had not been for my accident. I played golf for a few months after the first surgery and it was almost like I had never stopped. My game really didn't suffer much, other than being rusty and I thought things would go back to normal. Then I had the fusion and I really didn't play golf for the last two years. I have been in too much pain and honestly it just wasn't important to me. This year I started to really want to play again and when I started this season I found I just didn't have the distance I once did and I wanted a bit more forgiveness. I had the Modus 130's in my irons and I still played a tour issue SLDR and it just felt as though everything was a bit too demanding. When the i500 came out, I got really excited - I really like the clean, blade-like appearance with all the forgiveness under the hood. 

I was in Phoenix on vacation when the i500 was released and I wanted to go for a fitting there at Ping HQ but I wasn't able to do it. I came home and was fitted and it was exactly what I was looking for. I ended up blue dot with Modus 105 S and a G400 LST. The driver is ridiculously easy to hit compared to the SLDR but that is another review :) 

When I received my irons I was elated - I couldn't wait to get them out on the course but my first few times playing them the results were mixed to say the least. I was struggling with the drop in static weight when compared to my gamers and I had a hard time finding my stride. I had opted for less weight in the shaft because I found that easier to swing than gamers but it took some time to acclimate myself. I also struggled with the feel of them - it wasn't just that they didn't have the soft, forged feel but they didn't feel like Ping's either. I'm not sure that makes sense or not but Ping has always had a particular feel to them in my estimation. Something familiar and the i500 did not. The other thing is that the i500 want to go high and straight and I like to hit knock-downs and work the ball a bit and I hadn't had much success in doing that. But I was determined and after a few weeks of adjustment, I am hitting my stride! I typically play at one of the municipal golf courses in my area. I live in Oklahoma City and the best muni (IMHO) is Lincoln Park West. On the first of October I played from the Championship Tees (6137) and I hit 15 GIR's including every green on the back nine for a 3 under 68! I was able to hit knock downs and control the ball in the wind (which was 15-20) and I finally felt comfortable. The standard shot for these is high and straight but they are able to be worked when needed and the feel is all their own. I have had no issues with face welds as some others have but the finish is easily marked which is a bit disappointing. I have had no issues with holding greens, although in fairness, it has been an extremely wet summer/fall. 

I apologize if this is a bit long winded and if there any questions any of you may have or if you would like to see any pictures, please let me know.

Terry

Ping G400 LST 8.5* Graphite Design DI 6 stiff 45"

Taylormade RBZ Proto 14.5* Oban Kiyoshi 85 04 42.5"

Adams 4555 19* Matrix Ozik Altus 80 S/X 42"

Ping G410 Crossover 2 Project X Even Flow Blue 85 6.0 40"

Ping i500 4-8 Modus 105 Stiff

Ping Blueprint 9-P Modus 105 Stiff

Fourteen RM-12 53* and 58* Tour Issue Black Onyx s400 

Odyssey Tour Black Series 9 35" Flatso 1.0 

Srixon Z Star XV

2018 Ping Hoofer 

Nice job guys

I’m going to be interested in those spin rates and whether trajectory (not perceived but real) does allow the ball to stop just as quickly as OEMs claim.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Nice job guys 

I’m going to be interested in those spin rates and whether trajectory (not perceived but real) does allow the ball to stop just as quickly as OEMs claim.

I feel like I've played enough with these to answer this and then some. Not sure if anyone has noticed, but reviews through the "official" channels (including Most Wanted) have been decidedly mixed. I think I know why. I think it comes down to fit.

IMO, these irons are a great fit for a guy like me. A downward strike with SS on the higher end of the spectrum really gets the most out of the full set. Although they're billed as distance irons, guys who swing a little slower might have issues flexing the face enough to get the proper launch. The sweet spot also appears to sit a little higher on the face so sweepers who typically hit a few grooves lower will find a harsh feeling at impact with lower flight.

So these are the generalizations. To be more specific, you've gotta look at the full set. From the top to middle of the set, I think the sweepers can get by but will probably like-but-not-love the irons. I would expect these same people to hate the lower end because that strike receives almost none of the technology built into the heads.

For me? I'm seeing amazingly high flights with plenty of stopping power. Before anyone asks, no the added height is not affected by the wind. My toughest adjustment so far has been to play as if the wind isn't blowing. It's like a knife cutting through fog. My fitter said the right spin number is to multiply the iron by 1000. So a 7 iron should spin 7000rpm. In my fitting it was at 6850-6975 with range balls so I'd say those are pretty darn good spin rates.

I've definitely zipped my share of short irons back at me but, to demonstrate this point, here's a 5 iron from 190 uphill and into the wind. The softer green helped but that ball is skipping off the back without the height and spin:

IMG_9200.thumb.JPG.61982b6fd3701b88be5aa46d62569e6a.JPG

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

Thanks a lot guys for the kind words and encouragement. I have been a long time lurker but just recently joined. I was very active in several other forums that I'm sure many of you guys are too but 4 years ago I was in a very serious car accident. In 2015, I had two back surgeries: a microdiscectomy in February and a fusion in October. At the time of the accident I was playing to a +3 using blades from a Japanese company by the name of Saqra. They are the INB-1150 irons - designed by Niimi Kiyonari, a man who worked for Epon for many years. They are Endo forged - beautiful clubs. MGS had an article on them that Tony Covey wrote in August of 2013. I just tell you that to give you an idea about me and where I am coming from when sharing my thoughts about the i500's. 
I have played mostly blades: Founders Club 200 series, Mizuno MP 14, etc. But I have also played Ping through the years (I have been playing for 27+ years), in fact my first set of clubs were Ping Eye's followed by Ping Zing's and the the last set where i3+ Blades. It's weird that I have gone from blades back to Ping and back again. I would have continued with my Saqra's if it had not been for my accident. I played golf for a few months after the first surgery and it was almost like I had never stopped. My game really didn't suffer much, other than being rusty and I thought things would go back to normal. Then I had the fusion and I really didn't play golf for the last two years. I have been in too much pain and honestly it just wasn't important to me. This year I started to really want to play again and when I started this season I found I just didn't have the distance I once did and I wanted a bit more forgiveness. I had the Modus 130's in my irons and I still played a tour issue SLDR and it just felt as though everything was a bit too demanding. When the i500 came out, I got really excited - I really like the clean, blade-like appearance with all the forgiveness under the hood. 
I was in Phoenix on vacation when the i500 was released and I wanted to go for a fitting there at Ping HQ but I wasn't able to do it. I came home and was fitted and it was exactly what I was looking for. I ended up blue dot with Modus 105 S and a G400 LST. The driver is ridiculously easy to hit compared to the SLDR but that is another review  
When I received my irons I was elated - I couldn't wait to get them out on the course but my first few times playing them the results were mixed to say the least. I was struggling with the drop in static weight when compared to my gamers and I had a hard time finding my stride. I had opted for less weight in the shaft because I found that easier to swing than gamers but it took some time to acclimate myself. I also struggled with the feel of them - it wasn't just that they didn't have the soft, forged feel but they didn't feel like Ping's either. I'm not sure that makes sense or not but Ping has always had a particular feel to them in my estimation. Something familiar and the i500 did not. The other thing is that the i500 want to go high and straight and I like to hit knock-downs and work the ball a bit and I hadn't had much success in doing that. But I was determined and after a few weeks of adjustment, I am hitting my stride! I typically play at one of the municipal golf courses in my area. I live in Oklahoma City and the best muni (IMHO) is Lincoln Park West. On the first of October I played from the Championship Tees (6137) and I hit 15 GIR's including every green on the back nine for a 3 under 68! I was able to hit knock downs and control the ball in the wind (which was 15-20) and I finally felt comfortable. The standard shot for these is high and straight but they are able to be worked when needed and the feel is all their own. I have had no issues with face welds as some others have but the finish is easily marked which is a bit disappointing. I have had no issues with holding greens, although in fairness, it has been an extremely wet summer/fall. 
I apologize if this is a bit long winded and if there any questions any of you may have or if you would like to see any pictures, please let me know.
Terry

Great thoughts golfers! Thanks for sharing your story. Glad to hear you're playing again and playing well!

Bridgestone Tour B JGR Driver and HF2 irons Pre Release Testing

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I have another lesson today. Hopefully get some things worked out because the last 2 range sessions have been brutal. More me than the clubs I think though. On the shots I’ve hit pure I’m seeing at least as much height as I’m used to. Hard to tell with range balls in the dark though

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

I can comment on trajectory and spin as well. The ball flight is high but piercing - the wind has much less affect than my previous set which has a lot to do with spin but I can also flight the ball easily. As far as spin is concerned - I have zero problems with holding greens whether it is a long, middle or short iron. A tremendous amount has to do with strike and your particular move into the ball. I have no problems hitting partial shots and full. What's interesting is in dry testing reviews I have seen people comment on the spin only to have them perform as needed when playing on the course. In Mark Crossfield's initial review he commented on the low spin being a problem but in a latter video with Dan he did a head to head with the P790 and he commented how the playability was there and spin wasn't a problem. That has been my experience as well. I've only flown one green and that was due to not knowing the clubs well enough. I was playing into a pretty good headwind (@ 15 mph) and I thought the wind would affect the ball but it really didn't. Of course the mantra - "get fit!" stands and then play them. James Robinson just did a video asking "How long does it take to get used to new clubs" and the answer is it's different for everyone but his point was to play them - get to know them. I hardily agree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ping G400 LST 8.5* Graphite Design DI 6 stiff 45"

Taylormade RBZ Proto 14.5* Oban Kiyoshi 85 04 42.5"

Adams 4555 19* Matrix Ozik Altus 80 S/X 42"

Ping G410 Crossover 2 Project X Even Flow Blue 85 6.0 40"

Ping i500 4-8 Modus 105 Stiff

Ping Blueprint 9-P Modus 105 Stiff

Fourteen RM-12 53* and 58* Tour Issue Black Onyx s400 

Odyssey Tour Black Series 9 35" Flatso 1.0 

Srixon Z Star XV

2018 Ping Hoofer 

Today was my last day of golfing.

I went to the driving range yesterday because I was still undecided about these clubs.  My ball striking has become better and my scores are dropping. What I needed to know (outside of what I was experiencing with the clubs) was that was it because of the clubs or my ball striking?

So today I went out to play with my Mizunos and left most of the Pings at home with the exception of two  i500 irons to find this out.

Stage 2 will reveal the result.

or if you look in the how did you play today thread...there is a hint in there.

:titelist-small: 910 D2 driver - 9.5 degree -fitted13   F 3 wood 13.5 deg   :nike-small: CPR 3 hybrid

Dexterity:

Today was my last day of golfing.
 I went to the driving range yesterday because I was still undecided about these clubs.  My ball striking has become better and my scores are dropping. What I needed to know (outside of what I was experiencing with the clubs) was that was it because of the clubs or my ball striking?
So today I went out to play with my Mizunos and left most of the Pings at home with the exception of two  i500 irons to find this out.
Stage 2 will reveal the result.

or if you look in the how did you play today thread...there is a hint in there.
You're killing it with the teasers, I'm about to head to the how did you play thread and see what you had to say. See what you did there?

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

My Stage 2 is up

Disclaimer: sorry for posting first, I know I'm ahead of schedule, but I'll be on a 4 week vacation in sunny Costa Rica starting next week, and will probably spend more time on the beach, drinking cocktails and playing golf.

So if you have any questions, shoot now! :lol:

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

43 minutes ago, Kanoito said:

My Stage 2 is up

Disclaimer: sorry for posting first, I know I'm ahead of schedule, but I'll be on a 4 week vacation in sunny Costa Rica starting next week, and will probably spend more time on the beach, drinking cocktails and playing golf.

Nice review, so do you think if you were to get a set of regular PX shafts in them you’d have a better result?

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

@Mr.Theo - thanks for the reply on my query - your response makes perfect sense as to why there are mixed reviews on these clubs. 

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

16 minutes ago, Mr_Theoo said:

Nice review, so do you think if you were to get a set of regular PX shafts in them you’d have a better result?

Thanks, Theoo.

Theoretically, yes. I look at my scores and I'm like... dude, shot your best ever with a "gimped set". What's the potential with a 100% fitting set?

For the record, I did ask for the PX shaft as my first choice during the fitting, but since it's not part of their stock offering, they had no shafts to combine with the head.

I wouldn't mind paying if they had it as upcharge option.

:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

Nice job Kanoito!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

stage 2 posted guys

Dexterity:

13 minutes ago, Har in the Hat said:

stage 2 posted guys

Great stage 2!

I had to laugh about the *big* divots. If yours look like RI, mine look like AK. 

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

Damn Har... I thought you were going to love those clubs... your teasers were misleading!!! :lol:

Nice Stage 2! And I agree with you completely, for sound and feel... Mizuno is king!

3 hours ago, Har in the Hat said:

stage 2 posted guys

very thorough stage 2- well done. Affirms my initial thoughts on these clubs aimed at higher handicaps. I can see from a marketing perspective why Ping tried this but there are more suitable options out there in my view.

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

On 10/22/2018 at 8:17 PM, Kanoito said:

My Stage 2 is up

excellent detailed stage 2- well done.

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

Great stage 2, really enjoyed the read and all your insights to the i500!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using MyGolfSpy mobile app

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Straight and concise reviews so far.

@Har in the Hat well, that certainly was a surprise, but you can't argue with results.

@Kanoito I was in the same boat with the toe hits testing the Bridgestone irons but now I'm hitting them well. (I was was too much on my toes)

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

So, after GolfSpy Enrique sabotaged my Stage 2, it should now be fixed 😎

Har, Kanoito, excellent stage 2 write-ups. These are beautiful irons and just a bit out of my playing skill, but I enjoyed reading about your experiences with them. I'm looking forward to reading the other testers thoughts on these as well.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Sorry it took so long but my stage two is up. 
Well done! Thanks for the honest review. Is anyone really enamored with these clubs? They definitely look great, but reviews seem pretty mixed, at best.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

Great stuff so far guys.  Surprised to hear about the distance inconsistencies.  

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

20 hours ago, GB13 said:

Great stage 2!

I had to laugh about the *big* divots. If yours look like RI, mine look like AK. 

Thank you GB.

17 hours ago, Kanoito said:

Damn Har... I thought you were going to love those clubs... your teasers were misleading!!! :lol:

Nice Stage 2! And I agree with you completely, for sound and feel... Mizuno is king!

I was in love, but then when i started overshooting the greens, duffing the PW, i started double guessing myself (mid and short iron shots) and i couldn't trust a shot or the club. So for example, i was oveshooting, thus i backed off and now i am short. it was a no win situation. I never experienced that before.  And then i was looking at the distances of each club and how wide spread it was and the gaps between clubs.... I loved the 6 iron as stated and looking at the distances, it is gold.

16 hours ago, perseveringgolfer said:

very thorough stage 2- well done. Affirms my initial thoughts on these clubs aimed at higher handicaps. I can see from a marketing perspective why Ping tried this but there are more suitable options out there in my view.

Thansk Perservering. You are correct. i am anxious to see the other review and i was even surpirsed that Steddy didn;t mind them. he plays Mizuno and is a low handicapper and i was sure that he would have traded them, but...

15 hours ago, Danbrook said:

Great stage 2, really enjoyed the read and all your insights to the i500!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Thank you Jamie

12 hours ago, MattF said:

Straight and concise reviews so far.

@Har in the Hat well, that certainly was a surprise, but you can't argue with results.

@Kanoito I was in the same boat with the toe hits testing the Bridgestone irons but now I'm hitting them well. (I was was too much on my toes)

matt, see my reply above.

thanks

thanks guys for the comments

Dexterity:

4 minutes ago, blackngold_blood said:

Great stuff so far guys.  Surprised to hear about the distance inconsistencies.  

and that was the main turn off for me.  read my reply above in the multi quote.

thanks

Dexterity:

2 minutes ago, Har in the Hat said:

and that was the main turn off for me.  read my reply above in the multi quote.

thanks

Do you have any ideas why the 6 irons went farther than the 4 or 5? Inconsistent striking or something else? 

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock