hckymeyer

2018 Official Forum Member Review - PING i500 Irons

43 minutes ago, Kanoito said:

My Stage 2 is up

Disclaimer: sorry for posting first, I know I'm ahead of schedule, but I'll be on a 4 week vacation in sunny Costa Rica starting next week, and will probably spend more time on the beach, drinking cocktails and playing golf.

So if you have any questions, shoot now! :lol:

Nice review, so do you think if you were to get a set of regular PX shafts in them you’d have a better result?

• Like 1

@Mr.Theo - thanks for the reply on my query - your response makes perfect sense as to why there are mixed reviews on these clubs. 

16 minutes ago, Mr_Theoo said:

Nice review, so do you think if you were to get a set of regular PX shafts in them you’d have a better result?

Thanks, Theoo.

Theoretically, yes. I look at my scores and I'm like... dude, shot your best ever with a "gimped set". What's the potential with a 100% fitting set?

For the record, I did ask for the PX shaft as my first choice during the fitting, but since it's not part of their stock offering, they had no shafts to combine with the head.

I wouldn't mind paying if they had it as upcharge option.

• Like 2

Nice job Kanoito!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Har in the Hat said:

stage 2 posted guys

Great stage 2!

I had to laugh about the *big* divots. If yours look like RI, mine look like AK. 

• Like 1

Damn Har... I thought you were going to love those clubs... your teasers were misleading!!! :lol:

Nice Stage 2! And I agree with you completely, for sound and feel... Mizuno is king!

3 hours ago, Har in the Hat said:

stage 2 posted guys

very thorough stage 2- well done. Affirms my initial thoughts on these clubs aimed at higher handicaps. I can see from a marketing perspective why Ping tried this but there are more suitable options out there in my view.

On 10/22/2018 at 8:17 PM, Kanoito said:

My Stage 2 is up

Disclaimer: sorry for posting first, I know I'm ahead of schedule, but I'll be on a 4 week vacation in sunny Costa Rica starting next week, and will probably spend more time on the beach, drinking cocktails and playing golf.

So if you have any questions, shoot now! :lol:

excellent detailed stage 2- well done.

• Like 1

Straight and concise reviews so far.

@Har in the Hat well, that certainly was a surprise, but you can't argue with results.

@Kanoito I was in the same boat with the toe hits testing the Bridgestone irons but now I'm hitting them well. (I was was too much on my toes)

Har, Kanoito, excellent stage 2 write-ups. These are beautiful irons and just a bit out of my playing skill, but I enjoyed reading about your experiences with them. I'm looking forward to reading the other testers thoughts on these as well.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

Sorry it took so long but my stage two is up. 
Well done! Thanks for the honest review. Is anyone really enamored with these clubs? They definitely look great, but reviews seem pretty mixed, at best.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 2

20 hours ago, GB13 said:

Great stage 2!

I had to laugh about the *big* divots. If yours look like RI, mine look like AK. 

Thank you GB.

17 hours ago, Kanoito said:

Damn Har... I thought you were going to love those clubs... your teasers were misleading!!! :lol:

Nice Stage 2! And I agree with you completely, for sound and feel... Mizuno is king!

I was in love, but then when i started overshooting the greens, duffing the PW, i started double guessing myself (mid and short iron shots) and i couldn't trust a shot or the club. So for example, i was oveshooting, thus i backed off and now i am short. it was a no win situation. I never experienced that before.  And then i was looking at the distances of each club and how wide spread it was and the gaps between clubs.... I loved the 6 iron as stated and looking at the distances, it is gold.

16 hours ago, perseveringgolfer said:

very thorough stage 2- well done. Affirms my initial thoughts on these clubs aimed at higher handicaps. I can see from a marketing perspective why Ping tried this but there are more suitable options out there in my view.

Thansk Perservering. You are correct. i am anxious to see the other review and i was even surpirsed that Steddy didn;t mind them. he plays Mizuno and is a low handicapper and i was sure that he would have traded them, but...

15 hours ago, Danbrook said:

Great stage 2, really enjoyed the read and all your insights to the i500!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Thank you Jamie

12 hours ago, MattF said:

Straight and concise reviews so far.

@Har in the Hat well, that certainly was a surprise, but you can't argue with results.

@Kanoito I was in the same boat with the toe hits testing the Bridgestone irons but now I'm hitting them well. (I was was too much on my toes)

matt, see my reply above.

thanks

thanks guys for the comments

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, blackngold_blood said:

Great stuff so far guys.  Surprised to hear about the distance inconsistencies.  

and that was the main turn off for me.  read my reply above in the multi quote.

thanks

2 minutes ago, Har in the Hat said:

and that was the main turn off for me.  read my reply above in the multi quote.

thanks

Do you have any ideas why the 6 irons went farther than the 4 or 5? Inconsistent striking or something else?