Regional Combined Introduction Threads Read more... ×
Spy Chat: The Hall of Fame for MGS Read more... ×
jlukes

PXG 0811 X & XF GEN 2 Driver Thread

Not sure I can reveal what I’ve been told after a few whiskeys, but they sell a fck ton of equipement already. I’m not in the industry so no idea how many clubs Honma / Miura is shifting but PXG is selling A LOT.

Total opposite of what I’ve been told......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

+1. If I hadn't bought new clubs last Spring, I would be test driving PXG along with my other favorites. Maybe next time...

Best performing irons for me in all three fittings last year. They’re no joke..... Well, except for the price. They’re not that much better to warrant 2-3 times what I’ve paid in the past.

52 minutes ago, PMookie said:

Total opposite of what I’ve been told......

They have been selling a lot. It may not be to the level of what the big guys sell but it’s like what a Wilson, tour edge and others might consider a lot would be nothing compared to TM, Callaway, etc.  they were doing well and then after the announcement of gen 1 50% discount for general public and the pxg for heroes which had a biggerb discount they couldn’t keep up with ordered for both gen releases. There was a 4+ week backlog on orders 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Nobody says how much the fitting costs.

If fit by the pxg reps it’s free. Kinda like a typical demo day but on an appointment basis only. I did a fitting in August 

• Like 2

I live about two miles from a PXG certified vendor and plan on giving these a shot. PXG looks like they’re working on re-penetrating the market. There’s no good reason not to try them out.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

They have been selling a lot. It may not be to the level of what the big guys sell but it’s like what a Wilson, tour edge and others might consider a lot would be nothing compared to TM, Callaway, etc.  they were doing well and then after the announcement of gen 1 50% discount for general public and the pxg for heroes which had a biggerb discount they couldn’t keep up with ordered for both gen releases. There was a 4+ week backlog on orders 

Hmm. Lots of differing stories out there then. Interesting.

I'm interested to see the performance of the drivers compared to others.  I'll admit I drooled a little after seeing the pictures of them just hope they can put up the numbers.  I might have to go to club champion and schedule a driver fitting this year to swing them.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

If fit by the pxg reps it’s free. Kinda like a typical demo day but on an appointment basis only. I did a fitting in August 

With all the head configurations and shaft combinations, a free fitting is a deal.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, PMookie said:

Hmm. Lots of differing stories out there then. Interesting.

I think it’s partky due to not much info shared from them on their numbers so unless talking to someone there or a dealer it’s hard to know for sure.

13 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

With all the head configurations and shaft combinations, a free fitting is a deal.

It’s probably going to cost a fitting fee if going to one of their authorized facility like any other brand you would get fit by, but if you go on their site and schedule a fitting that is normally done with their local rep. Mine was done at TPC Potomac and they actually had their rep who covers DC area, Delaware and parts of PA and iirc NJ come down just for my fitting as they had no other one booked. The did one at the beginning of August and scheduled a second at a couple weeks later and I was only one booked and instead of canceling/rescheduling the rep came down and did the fitting and in between my booking and the fitting day they did get two other fittings(one was for a client who did an indoor fitting and wanted to double cb em his fitting outdoors). Was charged for the clubs, grips and shipping only.

their reps have a ton of shafts with them too so yeah it’s a deal 

• Like 2

Not much to add from what was already said but I’m with everyone in terms of being excited to try it out. Not far off from what I spent on my g400...but can’t beat the price of it compared to previous years models.

• Like 1

After seeing an Instagram post yesterday by the MGS guys on these, they moved to the top of my list for fitting.

On 1/2/2019 at 10:14 AM, PMookie said:

Best performing irons for me in all three fittings last year. They’re no joke..... Well, except for the price. They’re not that much better to warrant 2-3 times what I’ve paid in the past.

How much are we talking about?

I’m going for a fitting next Saturday. Putting it up against my TS3. It will have to seriously perform for me to purchase, but I’m curious to see how it compares. Will report back then.

• Like 1

I really need to hit some of there stuff, especially if the prices are getting closer to everyone else. I love the looks of the 0811

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

So, 10 yards longer carry vs 0811X Gen1. 400 revs less spin.

109 swing speed, 1.46-1.51 smash factor (a lil under the weather!) ~9 degree launch, 1900-2100 spin, longest carry was 265 with 15 yards rollout.

Funnily enough with the  TPT swing speed went down to 106 (tho they use the changable shaft adapters, and it put the SW to D7, then had to tinker with the head weight). And the ball speeds stayed the same.

AND Its the same story with Gen1 vs Gen2 - the 109 swing is ~3/4mph slower than my Gen1 and i’ve not lost any ball speed.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, puttingpirate said:

So, 10 yards longer carry vs 0811X Gen1. 400 revs less spin.

109 swing speed, 1.46-1.51 smash factor (a lil under the weather!) ~9 degree launch, 1900-2100 spin, longest carry was 265 with 15 yards rollout.

Funnily enough with the  TPT swing speed went down to 106 (tho they use the changable shaft adapters, and it put the SW to D7, then had to tinker with the head weight). And the ball speeds stayed the same.

AND Its the same story with Gen1 vs Gen2 - the 109 swing is ~3/4mph slower than my Gen1 and i’ve not lost any ball speed.

Good info and I’ve heard the txg guys say that slower ss doesn’t always equate to slower ball speed or less distance if everything is optimizefoptimized