Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Mid-Atlantic: NY, PA, NJ, DE, MD, VA

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/

Has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

22 hours ago, therjrussell said:

New to the forum and taking the opportunity to introduce myself. RJ Russell here, AZ transplant to DE, miss the year round golf of the desert southwest but living our best lives in DE and playing as often as the weather allows.

Welcome to world of Spies!

B

2 minutes ago, BKervin said:

Welcome to world of Spies!

Thanks!

WITB

Titleist TSR2 9° driver             Titleist TSR2 16.5° fairway wood

Titleist TSR2 21° hybrid           Titleist TSR2 24° hybrid

Titleist T350 irons (5-PW)       Vokey SM9 48-10F

Vokey SM9 54-10S                   Vokey SM9 58-12D

Scotty Special Select Fastback 1.5

Titleist PROV1/PROV1x

Hello all, new member from Virginia 

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

- I stared playing golf in my early twenties .  I just started back last month after not playing for 12 years.

I used to shoot in the mid 80’s to mid 90’s  

What do you love about golf?

- Spending time with my dad

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

- Recently found their club buying guides, looking to upgrade my clubs 

Where are you from? What is your home course?

- Live in Radford VA, play Blue Ridge Country Club 

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

- There’s a lot of good courses in this area 

What do you do for a living?

- I'm in Sales, 

How’d you pick your user name?

- It was a typo supposed to be uncross but didn’t catch it, now not sure if it can be fixed 

Jnr

On 11/10/2023 at 10:57 AM, Unvcross said:

- I stared playing golf in my early twenties .  I just started back last month after not playing for 12 years.

- I'm in Sales, 

- It was a typo supposed to be uncross but didn’t catch it, now not sure if it can be fixed 

Welcome! This is a great place.

• Bag             1590477705_SunMountain.png.3391233ea391e8b6fde951d09bc76f6b.png  C130, 14 way Cart Bag
  • Driver         Titleist2.png.8b09d3ee0000870a77d83dce357a0efd.png      TSR1
  • Fairway      default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg               GBB Epic 5
  • Hybrid        default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg               Epic Flash 4H
  • Iron             lazarus.png.24092c99689747a2f7bd9cb786badde7.png              2 iron
  • Irons          635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png      Launcher HB, 4 through PW
  • Wedges     635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png      CBX2, 54 & 60 degree
  • Putter        Seemore3.jpg.1cb64ec83d2511c1ee1a386340a04d4e.jpg    Seemore Si1 Putter
  • Ball            Titleist2.png.8b09d3ee0000870a77d83dce357a0efd.png       Titleist pro v1x
  • Other        2000014788_ArccosSig.jpg.af5434230b907b708eb89aebd4125f95.jpg

On 11/10/2023 at 10:57 AM, unccross said:

- I'm in Sales, 

Wecome aboard... Glad to have you.

I fiexed the name as you typed it all lower case.  If you want it to appear differently just let me know.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

• 2 weeks later...

Hey spies! New member from Delaware.

I have been playing golf for 26 years now.

HCP is 1.5 at the moment. Hate these winter months.

I have been drawn to golf at a very young age and enjoy the opportunity it gives to meet new people. Many of the friends I have today is because of golf.

I have been following MyGolfSpy for some time now and I figured it was time to join in on the discussion when it comes to golf.

I'm originally from San Diego CA but reside in Delaware now with my wife and kids. I'm a member at Hartefeld National in Avondale PA.

I am a Sr. Operations Consultant for a financial institution.

I picked my username off of the most basic premis. I golf and my last name starts with a J.

Paradym ◇◇◇ driver and 3w, G430 3H, Edel SMS Pro 4-PW, SM9 50,54,58. BETTINARDI Queen B#9

1 hour ago, GolferJ87 said:

I have been drawn to golf at a very young age and enjoy the opportunity it gives to meet new people. Many of the friends I have today is because of golf.

I have been following MyGolfSpy for some time now and I figured it was time to join in on the discussion when it comes to golf.

I'm originally from San Diego CA but reside in Delaware now with my wife and kids. I'm a member at Hartefeld National in Avondale PA.

I picked my username off of the most basic premis. I golf and my last name starts with a J.

Welcome to MGS!  & to the Mid-Atlantic thread 👍 

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     :titleist-small: TSR3 9* UST Mamiya Proto LIN-Q Blue 

Fairways   :titleist-small: TSi2 UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 13.5* 

Driving Iron:   :titleist-small: U500 17* :Fuji:  Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   :titleist-small: T350 4 & 5, T200 6 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges    :vokey-small: SM9 48*, SM9 52*, SM8 56* Modus Tour Wedge 

Putter    :cameron-small: Newport 2 w/ Garsen Ultimate grip 

Ball    :titleist-small:  *ProV1 Left Dot

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/29/2023 at 12:56 PM, GolferJ87 said:

Welcome aboard!

Jnr

On 7/5/2023 at 5:59 AM, jpinkardvt said:

Roanoke, Virginia here, shout out to @Frojoe22 , what are the chances? Started playing in high school, so I have been at it for almost 20 years. Get to play about once a week. Fluctuate between a 3 and 5, but ball striking with my irons is definitely the weakest part of my game. Guess that comes with only playing once a week.

Member at a public course named Blue Hills. If you are ever in the area I strongly recommend, as in terms of public courses condition is pristine, particularly on the greens.

I have an older bag, which is what brought me here in the first place. Looking into getting some updated irons with a little more forgiveness. I really like the look of the TM p770s.

Driver: Callaway Rogue LS Triple Diamond

3-wood: Titleist 915F

Irons: Mixuno MP63 4-PW

Wedges Vokey SM6 52, 56, 60

Putter: Odyssey Rossie II

Hello from Radford, never heard of Blue Hills, I’ll have to check it out 

Jnr

Driver: Callaway Rogue 10.5 degree

Fairway wood: Cobra s2

Hybrid: Ping g410 19 and 22 degree

Irons: Cleveland Launcher XL

Wedges: Callaway Jaws 54 and 60

Putter: Odyssey white hot pro 1 33"

Ball: Taylormade TP5X yellow

Driver: Callaway Rogue

Fairway Wood: Cobra S2

Hybrid: Ping: G410 (19 and 22)

Irons: Cleveland Launcher XL (4-PW)

Wedges: Callaway Jaws (54 and 60)

Putter: Odyssey white hot pro #1

Ball: Taylormade TP5x yellow

Good Afternoon All! New guy here from Hampton Roads area in Virginia.

I have been playing golf for a solid 5 Months now! I shoot around 97-100 now so you could say a 28 HCP? 

You mean love to hate?! haha. Its a very challenging game even if your just out for fun. You always want to play better then you are and I enjoy the drive of that.

I found out they are possibly opening up a local facility and just started reading and figured why not join! Possibly meet some folks to play with and in the process of building a budget sim for practice and fun nights to play with friends.

Hampton Roads, Va. Home course is Cypress Creek Golf Course and you can catch me out there most weekends and the range for practice.

The weather is ever changing even just in 1 day!

Project Engineer for wastewater plants.

Its my name and racing number. Use it often and easy to remember.

DRIVER PING.png G425 MAX w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Orange RAW 55 S 12*

WOOD TAYLORMADE.png.8ad786f4fccdf7215d321a861dfa1c7f.png STEALTH 2 Plus 3w w/ Mitsubishi Kali Red 65 S 15*

HYBRID PING.png G425 2h w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Orange RAW 65 S 17*

HYBRID PING.png G410 4h w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Orange 65 S 22*

IRONS MIZUNO.png.2bd95ff6ee2eb76ff25e7f5057c68c47.png 919 Forged 4i-PW w/ Dynamic Gold 105 S300 

WEDGES PING.png Glide Forged Pro w/ ZZ115 W 50*/58*

PUTTER Cleveland.jpg FRONTLINE 8.0 w/ 35" Slant neck 3*

10 minutes ago, JAYER38 said:

I have been playing golf for a solid 5 Months now! I shoot around 97-100 now so you could say a 28 HCP? 

You mean love to hate?! haha. Its a very challenging game even if your just out for fun. You always want to play better then you are and I enjoy the drive of that.

I found out they are possibly opening up a local facility and just started reading and figured why not join! Possibly meet some folks to play with and in the process of building a budget sim for practice and fun nights to play with friends.

Hampton Roads, Va. Home course is Cypress Creek Golf Course and you can catch me out there most weekends and the range for practice.

Welcome to MGS from Williamsbug!  

Driver :nike-small: Sasquatch 460 10.5 degree

3W & 5W Affinity Fairway

3 & 4 Hybrid Affinity

5i to PW :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max

SW :cleveland-small: 56 degree

Putter Kirkland Signature

Balls :callaway-small: Chrome Soft

1 hour ago, JAYER38 said:

Welcome aboard, from the other end of the state!

Jnr

3 hours ago, JAYER38 said:

I found out they are possibly opening up a local facility and just started reading and figured why not join! 

Welcome to the forum from Newport News.  I've played Cypress Creek a lot of the last 20+ years.

They are not "possibly" opening a local facility, they are located on Yorktown Va. and are moving from one office to a big office in the same industrial park.  I've been one of their Most Wanted Testers since 2017.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

16 hours ago, cnosil said:

Welcome to the forum from Newport News.  I've played Cypress Creek a lot of the last 20+ years.

They are not "possibly" opening a local facility, they are located on Yorktown Va. and are moving from one office to a big office in the same industrial park.  I've been one of their Most Wanted Testers since 2017.  

Its for sure a different course i bet! Being semi-private now it can be different but alot of locals go there and being 1 mile from the house its hard to not for practice outside of my sim.

The fact that I never knew they were local is awesome to me! Hoping 1 day I get to meet everyone and tour the facility. Keeps a little excitement in the game for me

WOOD TAYLORMADE.png.8ad786f4fccdf7215d321a861dfa1c7f.png STEALTH 2 Plus 3w w/ Mitsubishi Kali Red 65 S 15*

IRONS MIZUNO.png.2bd95ff6ee2eb76ff25e7f5057c68c47.png 919 Forged 4i-PW w/ Dynamic Gold 105 S300 

How's it going? I'm AJ and i've been playing since I was 12.. then I took a long break when I was 23 years old, now I'm 38 and falling back in love with the game.. I did hold a 4 handicap at one time and I'm confident I can beat that with a little consistency. 

I have gamed Mizuno MP-33 irons since they came out back in the early 2000s. I recently went for a fitting and found out I needed extra stiff shafts and 1/2" longer clubs. The X100 shafts gave me the optimum ball flight I'm looking for. My average swing speed is 95 mph (7 iron). 

Where is the best place to buy new shafts? Should I add an extension in the grip? or is it better to have them cut? I'm not trying to break the bank, but I want to put new shafts in my MP-33s. 

1 hour ago, quikaj01 said:

How's it going? I'm AJ and i've been playing since I was 12.. then I took a long break when I was 23 years old, now I'm 38 and falling back in love with the game.. I did hold a 4 handicap at one time and I'm confident I can beat that with a little consistency. 

I have gamed Mizuno MP-33 irons since they came out back in the early 2000s. I recently went for a fitting and found out I needed extra stiff shafts and 1/2" longer clubs. The X100 shafts gave me the optimum ball flight I'm looking for. My average swing speed is 95 mph (7 iron). 

Where is the best place to buy new shafts? Should I add an extension in the grip? or is it better to have them cut? I'm not trying to break the bank, but I want to put new shafts in my MP-33s. 

If I hadn't gotten the shafts from my fitting then Golfworks is a good place to get the shafts. But if you're not exactly sure which ones you want then I would suggest trying a few out. As far as extension goes I do not recommend it. I play 1/2" over as well and I went to club champion for my shafts. The extensions, if not installed properly, can be damaged and will have to be redone. Hope this helps.

Paradym ◇◇◇ driver and 3w, G430 3H, Edel SMS Pro 4-PW, SM9 50,54,58. BETTINARDI Queen B#9

8 hours ago, JAYER38 said:

Its for sure a different course i bet! Being semi-private now it can be different but alot of locals go there and being 1 mile from the house its hard to not for practice outside of my sim.

The fact that I never knew they were local is awesome to me! Hoping 1 day I get to meet everyone and tour the facility. Keeps a little excitement in the game for me

It really isn't that much different and has always been semi-private;  I played there a few weeks ago and we play there as part of the Shipyard golf league.

The guys there are great and welcome visitors.  If you are an equipment junkie now is a good time to go since all the new stuff is arriving.   I'd also advocate on waiting until the new facility opens up because they are going to have some great stuff setup.    I learned in 2017 they were local when I got an email from them and the signature had their address. 

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I've tried multiple different types of shafts.. So you're saying do not add grip extensions.. buy the shafts 1/2" longer. I was leaning that direction anyways, thanks for your input. Did your game improve after your fitting? I'm disappointed in myself for not being properly fitted my whole life. I need to have all my clubs reshafted. I'll do a WITB once I finish my revisions.. 

3 minutes ago, quikaj01 said:

I've tried multiple different types of shafts.. So you're saying do not add grip extensions.. buy the shafts 1/2" longer. I was leaning that direction anyways, thanks for your input. Did your game improve after your fitting? I'm disappointed in myself for not being properly fitted my whole life. I need to have all my clubs reshafted. I'll do a WITB once I finish my revisions.. 

Based on your original post you are looking for True Temper Dynamic Gold X100 Adding a 1/2" extension to a full swing club isn't a big deal and wouldn't be an issue.   But since you are buying shafts,  probably not something you need to consider.  When you  buy new shafts,   you are going to have to butt trim them to length after installing them.    If you are buying used be careful since measured shaft lengths will vary based on the original head installation.  

Are you doing the work yourself or getting a fitter to install the shafts.   if using a fitter,  just tell them you need 1/2 longer and let them source the shafts.  

10 hours ago, quikaj01 said:

Yea I've built and put together a lot of my clubs throughout the years and I found more consistency in just getting the shafts at the lengths that are needed. Instead of using the extensions. My game has improved with the fitting. I'm a slightly taller guy and playing clubs 1/2" over helps my posture. Therefor it leads to more consistent strikes.

Edited by GolferJ87

On 12/20/2023 at 3:48 PM, JAYER38 said:

Welcome aboard!  I am always glad to see a fellow Virginian!

• Bag             1590477705_SunMountain.png.3391233ea391e8b6fde951d09bc76f6b.png  C130, 14 way Cart Bag
  • Driver         Titleist2.png.8b09d3ee0000870a77d83dce357a0efd.png      TSR1
  • Fairway      default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg               GBB Epic 5
  • Hybrid        default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg               Epic Flash 4H
  • Iron             lazarus.png.24092c99689747a2f7bd9cb786badde7.png              2 iron
  • Irons          635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png      Launcher HB, 4 through PW
  • Wedges     635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png      CBX2, 54 & 60 degree
  • Putter        Seemore3.jpg.1cb64ec83d2511c1ee1a386340a04d4e.jpg    Seemore Si1 Putter
  • Ball            Titleist2.png.8b09d3ee0000870a77d83dce357a0efd.png       Titleist pro v1x
  • Other        2000014788_ArccosSig.jpg.af5434230b907b708eb89aebd4125f95.jpg

On 12/20/2023 at 3:48 PM, JAYER38 said:

Welcome to the Spies!

B

Hi, my name is Scott, and I'm an alcoholic.........................we'll get back to this meeting later?

I'm 63 year old RH golfer. I'm also a left below knee amputee since 2007 as well as having ADHD my entire life.

I started playing golf in June of this year thanks to a neighbor of mine (yeah, thanks a whole lot Jake!), and my score has always hovered around 120-125. But now I count every penalty regardless.

The Golf Cart! I would never play this game without it.

Must've been searching for something and decided to stay. Not yet.

Poughkeepsie, NY. Pronounced po-kip-c. Home course is on the Vassar College Campus.

Several courses nearby. Too many courses nearby.

Retired. Had my foot crushed by a loaded dump truck at work in 2007.

scolist has been my user name since my first computer in 2000.

Profile pic is me sticking my head out of the top turrett of a WWII B-17 Bomber on my 47 birthday, six weeks before my work injury. Retired from skydiving in 2019.

WITB

Bag: Acuity

Driver: Warrior 10*, Cobra ZL Encore 8.5*

Irons: 4-9, PW, SW Dunlop OS Tour Special. PW was forgotten somewhere.

FW: 3,5 XPC 2000

Hyb: Cobra LTDx 2/3 (only club I actually paid for), TM Rescue 5W

Putter: Ray Cook SR500

Edited by scolist

• 3 weeks later...

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  I've been playing golf for over 50 years.  I'm currentlu a 14 handicap.

What do you love about golf?  Mostly the camaraderie but also just an enjoyment of being outside.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  Iwas first attracted to MyGolfSpy by the testing and tat remains my favorite thing about the site.  I don't know any other Spies but I have recommended the site to may others (not sure if they've joined.

Where are you from? What is your home course?  Currently living in Pennsylvania although I grew up in Massachusetts.  I am a member at Penn National in Fayetteville, PA.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  Best:  Relatively inexpensive and plenty of opportunities to play.  Worst:  Winter.  I'll play when i can through the winter but it definitely cuts into my game.

What do you do for a living?  Retired Army Officer, College professor, and former Fed.

How’d you pick your user name?  Nothing special.  

Driver:  Ping G425 LST 9 degrees, stock shaft regular

Fairway: Ping G425 LST 13.5 degrees, stock shaft regular

Hybrids: Ping G425 19 and 22 degrees, stock shaft regular

Irons: Callaway Rogue ST Max, Project X  LZ105 5.5; 5-AW

Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 52 degrees, TT Dynamic Gold 115; Cleveland SmartSole 58 degrees, stock shaft

Putter:  Axis1 Rose with FlatCat grip

veteran.gif.ce23e65765944402b155f425df8cdfdb.gif.5b4cd6901ad1d0966d36704e6b4d9e7d.gif

image.png.2c141450bfdc56c40426d9df08a4bb4d.png

image.png.3ce9d749de4445b748c0a563eb19c35b.png

9 minutes ago, rjacobs4 said:

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  I've been playing golf for over 50 years.  I'm currentlu a 14 handicap.

What do you love about golf?  Mostly the camaraderie but also just an enjoyment of being outside.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  Iwas first attracted to MyGolfSpy by the testing and tat remains my favorite thing about the site.  I don't know any other Spies but I have recommended the site to may others (not sure if they've joined.

Where are you from? What is your home course?  Currently living in Pennsylvania although I grew up in Massachusetts.  I am a member at Penn National in Fayetteville, PA.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  Best:  Relatively inexpensive and plenty of opportunities to play.  Worst:  Winter.  I'll play when i can through the winter but it definitely cuts into my game.

What do you do for a living?  Retired Army Officer, College professor, and former Fed.

Welcome!! Also sorry for all the cold weather. I'm much more of a warm weather person but catch it all here in Va

12 minutes ago, rjacobs4 said:

Welcome aboard!

Jnr