GolfSpy Barbajo

MyGolfSpy Experiences: Where Should We Go Next?

Our Sponsors

I'll build on what @PlaidJacket has suggested, how about a tour of MGS members' home clubs.  I imagine there are a few "touristy" areas where there's also a concentration of MGS members, and I'd bet that most of us would be happy to be host for a day.  My home near Washington DC would be an example.

• Like 4

A trip through Wisconsin hitting Whistling Straits (or any of the Kohler courses), Erin Hills, and Sand Valley. Sentry World is another course that is usually pretty high on everyone’s lists here.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bucky CC said:

A trip through Wisconsin hitting Whistling Straits (or any of the Kohler courses), Erin Hills, and Sand Valley. Sentry World is another course that is usually pretty high on everyone’s lists here.

Liking this idea - some great golf in WI. Have played Erin Hills and Sentry World, as well as Troy Burne up in Hudson and the Green Bay Country Club...all outstanding. 

Sand Valley and Whistling Straights - you might be whistling my tune! 

• Like 4

Cabot & Sea Island

• Like 2

I'm partial to Ireland and Australia. We stayed in Kinsale but couldn't play Old Head https://www.swinggolfireland.com/old-head-of-kinsale-golf-links/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIjM-3zs7T5gIVx0XVCh3M2gMlEAAYASAAEgI7u_D_BwE I love courses adjacent to the water/scenic views

Another must do: Adare Manor. We walked the course there - site of the 2024(?) Solheim Cup.  http://www.adaremanorgolfclub.com/ Would go back in a heartbeat. 

In Australia, Barnboogle/Lost Farm is a real treat on the northern side of Tasmania. We played Lost Farm which has 20 holes and is adjacent to the Bass Strait - a real treat. 

• Like 3

Can you guys swing Augusta?

For real though, how bout Cabot Cliffs? That place looks majestic.

Or the Prairie Club as alfriday01 said.

Maybe Crystal Downs in Michigan (if you get this please invite me).... please? 🥺

I know two guys who have played Crystal Downs. Supposedly spectacular, but a hard “get”. Not very many members, apparently.

• Like 1

Northern Michigan courses would appeal to me, but that's purely selfish based on my location. Arcadia Bluffs, Crystal Downs, Greywalls, The Loop, or Drummond Island if you need ideas.
I have heard that Wisconsin has some must visit courses like Lawsonia or Mammoth Dunes. Not sure if those meet the criteria, but the photos look awesome of those places.
Bandon would be excellent as it seems that it is becoming a must visit from multiple sources. 

Agree with this list, but add Tullymore & Harbor Springs.

• Like 2

On 12/17/2019 at 4:38 PM, GolfSpy Barbajo said:

Love all these ideas - keep 'em coming! 

Has anyone ever played in the Canadian Rockies? I hear Banff is supposed to be spectacular...

Other ideas I've had include South Africa and Portugal...and seeing how they could be done on a budget without sleeping in the car.

There are lots of phenomenal courses out that way in the Western Alberta/Eastern BC region.

It's a dream trip of mine, and you guys might need a Canadian interpreter and spirit guide...

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, newballcoach said:

There are lots of phenomenal courses out that way in the Western Alberta/Eastern BC region.

It's a dream trip of mine, and you guys might need a Canadian interpreter and spirit guide...

Hmmmm….you got me thinkin, which is always dangerous.

• Like 2

I would be partial to courses we regularly see on TV.  And if picking a US destination, there are lots of great courses everywhere so try not to ignore flyover country.  

On 12/19/2019 at 12:32 PM, GolfSpy Barbajo said:

Liking this idea - some great golf in WI. Have played Erin Hills and Sentry World, as well as Troy Burne up in Hudson and the Green Bay Country Club...all outstanding. 

Sand Valley and Whistling Straights - you might be whistling my tune! 

Sorry I'm just seeing this now - been busy with the holidays.  Whistling may be tough to get on this year with the Ryder Cup (which I'm going to volunteer at) but all of those courses would be great choices.  Let me know if you need a 4th for any of the rounds!

• Like 2

I vote Cabot. Played Cabot Links and Cliffs and highly recommend both. They live up to the hype.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wherever you go, TAKE ME WITH YOU!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Wherever you go, TAKE ME WITH YOU!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro